Quote from: "curls"
Quote from: "starchild"

Michael’s body
Now that I think back on the situation with greater clarity, I wish that I had demanded to see Michael’s body one last time in those final moments, just to be sure that he was really there.  But it was such an emotional day, and so much was going on, that I let the opportunity pass.  I will always regret that decision because, now, it is too late, and I will always have my doubts about whether Michael is actually buried in his tomb.  (323)

Thanks for posting this starchild. I feel tons better about LaToya's book than I did when I first read the summary, last week or whenever it was!

This quote above is very odd. Supposedly he was dead. Why wouldn't he be there? Where else would he be buried, and more importantly, if he WAS buried somewhere else why wouldn't she, as a family member, know about that.  Sounds like sowing the seeds of a faked death to me. She's expressing the same doubts that we all have!

Quote from: "starchild"
Upon learning of her ex-husband’s death
Although I immediately felt relieved, Gordon had faked his death before, so I couldn’t believe that he had really died. I sent a security expert to the funeral to make sure that he was in the casket. The expert called me from the funeral home and confirmed that he had seen Jack Gordon dead in his casket. (250)

Michael’s body
Now that I think back on the situation with greater clarity, I wish that I had demanded to see Michael’s body one last time in those final moments, just to be sure that he was really there. But it was such an emotional day, and so much was going on, that I let the opportunity pass. I will always regret that decision because, now, it is too late, and I will always have my doubts about whether Michael is actually buried in his tomb. (323)

Michael’s Post-it notes
Although he had lived at Carolwood only since Christmastime, his bedroom was littered with Post-it notes that documented his thoughts during the last days of his life. Among the notes we read were:

I hate John Branca.

John Branca stole lots of money from me and continuously double & triple billed me.

I hate Tohme Tohme.

Randy Phillips & Dr. Tohme are not flying with me. NO! NO! NO! EVER!

Call Joseph.

Get Joseph’s help to get these people out of my life.

I don’t want Frank DiLeo back in my life.

I only agreed to 10 shows.

Tell Tohme Tohme to give me back my cars.

AEG is pressuring me to go see Dr. David H. Salvit for a physical. (298-299)

Michael’s business relationships
It is extremely interesting to me that many of those who received producer credits on the film [This Is It] were people whom Michael had at one time fired and told me that he didn’t want to work with again, including Sony, John Branca, Frank DiLeo, and Dr. Tohme Tohme. Those who got producer credits also included AEG, whose behavior when they sold out fifty concerts in London after Michael only agreed to perform ten had upset Michael.

These were all business relationships and deals that I could not imagine Michael allowing to occur had he been alive. (310)

This Is It
In the wake of Michael’s death, I am amazed by how quickly that film [This Is It] came together from only three days of shooting Michael, which makes me wonder if a film of some kind was already in progress. If nothing else, its release was in poor taste. That’s why I have never seen the film myself. To me, it is further exploitation of my brother and his memory. (332-333)

Thank you so much for posting this information. It sounds very intriguing. It really sounds like she's trying to put more doubt into people's minds and where does she say who killed Michael? I thought she was going to reveal "who did it". Did she forget that it was Michael who brought Branca and DiLeo back into his life shortly before his "death"?

Also, about the post-it notes...I know this is speculation but I cannot see Michael putting hate notes up on the wall. If we remember back to the beginning we read that he had notes on his wall about loving children and someone he was supposed to call (I think). These are contradictory to each other. Did he need a reminder not to fly with Randy Phillips? If he truly had a problem with him I doubt he needed to remind himself of that. Also, for someone who practices so much love and tolerance, hate is a strong word. Even I do not use that word when speaking about people I don't particularly care for. I cannot see Michael posting these types of notes.

One last thing - we've never heard anything about Thome Thome having some of Michael's cars. He did return 5 million dollars that he said he was holding for Michael but where and why would he have cars?

PS - Note to look into David H. Salvit. Again, why would Michael put this on a post-it note. All of those statements are more journal type entries. Post-It notes are more for reminders. JMO.

Blessings
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Thank you so much for posting this information. It sounds very intriguing. It really sounds like she's trying to put more doubt into people's minds and where does she say who killed Michael? I thought she was going to reveal "who did it". Did she forget that it was Michael who brought Branca and DiLeo back into his life shortly before his "death"?

Also, about the post-it notes...I know this is speculation but I cannot see Michael putting hate notes up on the wall. If we remember back to the beginning we read that he had notes on his wall about loving children and someone he was supposed to call (I think). These are contradictory to each other. Did he need a reminder not to fly with Randy Phillips? If he truly had a problem with him I doubt he needed to remind himself of that. Also, for someone who practices so much love and tolerance, hate is a strong word. Even I do not use that word when speaking about people I don't particularly care for. I cannot see Michael posting these types of notes.

One last thing - we've never heard anything about Thome Thome having some of Michael's cars. He did return 5 million dollars that he said he was holding for Michael but where and why would he have cars?

PS - Note to look into David H. Salvit. Again, why would Michael put this on a post-it note. All of those statements are more journal type entries. Post-It notes are more for reminders. JMO.Blessings

Hi, voiceforthesilent.  Here are a few quotes in response to your questions:

About Tohme and Dileo
As was later revealed, the contract provided that Tohme’s monthly salary of $100,000 would be paid by AEG, the concert promoters who were trying to get Michael to commit to the $300 million deal Tohme had mentioned.  This meant that Tohme was far from an unbiased business adviser who could counsel Michael about the best path forward, personally and financially.  As Gordon did with me, Tohme began committing Michael to deals that favored Tohme’s powerful friends, who, I can only imagine, lined Tohme’s pockets and extended his influence in return.  The way I see it, Tohme could not be trusted to give Michael unbiased advice about which deals to pursue as long as AEG was paying his salary.

At this time, the president and CEO of AEG Live, Randy Phillips, told Michael that if he did not agree to rehire his onetime business manager Frank DiLeo, whom Michael had fired back in February 1989, the entire deal for the London concerts would be canceled.  Michael was in desperate need of the revenue these concerts would generate and could lose everything if he didn’t do them.  Michael was not in a position to argue with Phillips.  I assume Phillips knew this, and since he had set DiLeo up with this extremely lucrative position, he had the potential to influence the advice DiLeo gave Michael.  (275)

About Branca
I was shocked that it was Branca with a will, because Michael wouldn’t have worked with Branca again, and I believe that he was pushed on Michael in the last days of his life.  Besides that, the will was dated July 7, 2002.  Michael had fired Branca in 2003, so I found it difficult to believe that Michael wouldn’t have changed his will after that.  (313)

About Post-it notes
Then, I remembered Kathy Hilton’s advice [to collect all MJ's notes, everything he'd written down (294)].  As I have said, all of us children were taught to write down our thoughts, and throughout his life Michael was a compulsive note taker.  I had never, ever seen anyone come as close to writing down all of their thoughts as Michael did.  He wrote them on walls, on mirrors, on any surface where he could find room to write.  (298)

Copyright disclaimer, Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976:  allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions