Re: 1/15/11
January 15, 2011, 03:50:55 PM
Thank You TS-  :)

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
-- "I Have a Dream" speech, August 28, 1963

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

With L.O.V.E
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Sarahli

January 15, 2011, 03:59:48 PM
So TS ordered this card? I am not sure to understand lol... but anyway Happy Birthday MLK, Jr.  :D

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

January 15, 2011, 08:05:37 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
So TS ordered this card? I am not sure to understand lol... but anyway Happy Birthday MLK, Jr.  :D

I understand the importance of the day in honor of of Dr. King and the kids are holding hands.  Seems very appropriate but I see what you're saying Sarahli.  Just something about it and I sort of had the reaction you did at first as well...

You guys, tell me if you think this is in any way connected or is it truly a coincidence.
SD mentioned ARG.  That's one "coinkadeenk".  I looked at the animation and it says "cards.artie.com"

Artie is Artie Romero a well-known cartoonist, animator and publisher.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Apparently he's most known for his work with underground comix and also he's credited for being a major innovator in the field of animation.    I glean from the description that underground comix was  counter-culture of the 60's and 70's including sexual explicit material.  I thought that maybe Romero is someone who's worked with Michael on cartoon and animation projects.  I've yet to find a direct link in that way but the counter-culture theme doesn't seem like a connection, although Romero has worked on many different animation projects and he's a pioneer, so who knows how their paths may have crossed.  We know that Michael loves cartoons and animation and innovation in film.

Looking further, I ended up linking to Artie's work on a series of cartoons called "Kidnapping Peter"    I was struck by the theme regarding KIDNAPPING given that ths is a topic that has been discussed by someone on this forum.
[youtube:jifuac5h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7OVM_R7Wk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:jifuac5h]

And from there, I found a cartoon about Michael called "Michael Jackson invades Super Mario World.  This is a crude and unflattering cartoon insinuating MJ's KIDNAPPING little boys. It appears related to Romero but I can't quite tell lif this is the case or not.
It is part of the series of various animations and could be by another animator, someone who works with Romero, or Romero himself.

What do you think?  Is this simply coincidental or meant to tell us more?  And if not coincidental, what do you think it tells us?  Romero is a bad guy, an important link or simply a way to call our attention to kidnapping? And if that's the case, are we being told something related to attempted murder/assassination?   MLK was assassinated as we know but this is his birthday weekend, not the date of death. In any case, it could all be linked together or is this too much of a stretch into left field?

Hmmmm.

And, remember the ARG "coincidence".  perhaps clearer links will be made after looking more closely at Romero's work.

[urlhttp://artie.com/folio0.htm][/url]
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:06:42 PM by SoldierofLOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 15, 2011, 08:05:38 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"

I understand the importance of the day in honor of of Dr. King and the kids are holding hands.  Seems very appropriate but I see what you're saying Sarahli.  Just something about it and I sort of had the reaction you did at first as well...

You guys, tell me if you think this is in any way connected or is it truly a coincidence.
SD mentioned ARG.  That's one "coinkadeenk".  I looked at the animation and it says "cards.artie.com"

Artie is Artie Romero a well-known cartoonist, animator and publisher.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Apparently he's most known for his work with underground comix and also he's credited for being a major innovator in the field of animation.    I glean from the description that underground comix was  counter-culture of the 60's and 70's including sexual explicit material.  I thought that maybe Romero is someone who's worked with Michael on cartoon and animation projects.  I've yet to find a direct link in that way but the counter-culture theme doesn't seem like a connection, although Romero has worked on many different animation projects and he's a pioneer, so who knows how their paths may have crossed.  We know that Michael loves cartoons and animation and innovation in film.

Looking further, I ended up linking to Artie's work on a series of cartoons called "Kidnapping Peter"    I was struck by the theme regarding KIDNAPPING given that ths is a topic that has been discussed by someone on this forum.
[youtube:1qborv42]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7OVM_R7Wk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1qborv42]

And from there, I found a cartoon about Michael called "Michael Jackson invades Super Mario World.  This is a crude and unflattering cartoon insinuating MJ's KIDNAPPING little boys. It appears related to Romero but I can't quite tell lif this is the case or not.
It is part of the series of various animations and could be by another animator, someone who works with Romero, or Romero himself.

What do you think?  Is this simply coincidental or meant to tell us more?  And if not coincidental, what do you think it tells us?  Romero is a bad guy, an important link or simply a way to call our attention to kidnapping? And if that's the case, are we being told something related to attempted murder/assassination?   MLK was assassinated as we know but this is his birthday weekend, not the date of death. In any case, it could all be linked together or is this is stretch?

Hmmmm.

And, remember the ARG "coincidence".  perhaps clearer links will be made after looking more closely at Romero's work.

[urlhttp://artie.com/folio0.htm][/url]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: TIAI January 15
January 15, 2011, 09:34:32 PM
Sorry for the double-post above.  If you're reading this post, please read the one before this as well.

First, I do not mean in any way to disrespect the initial sentiment of this card. The commemoration of Dr. King is important and it means a great deal to me personally.

It just seems as if we are suppose to click-on the card and perhaps see a double-meaning in the redirect.  Otherwise, it seems odd that the redirect looks the way it does vs. having the card stand alone without the advertisements, etc.

When you click on cards.artie.com you go to the homepage and there's a clown.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I note that the clown image is also used for an animation by Romero, et al. called "Trap Door Clown."  This animation won an award.

In looking up what "trap door clown" means, it's an illusionist trick.  I include below a description of how the trick is done.  While reading it, I immediately thought of the sophistication of the illusion created to remove MJ from the bed and the hospital, etc.
(I keep thinking about him saying, "the illusion starts tomorrow" and this is suppose to be in reference the Dirty Diana performance and the illusion of him in a bed... so many coinkadeenks!)

Well, if I'm completely out in left-field, I'll kindly go to my padded cell  :shock:

How many clowns in a car... Trap Door Clown...
The Clown Car - brought to the circus by Otto Griebling. A common example of such a routine involves numerous clowns emerging from a very small car, to humorous effect. The first performance of this routine was in the Cole Brothers Circus during the 1950s.[1]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The actual method simple to explain but very difficult to accomplish.  The "car" is an empty shell with ledges and handles inside that enable the clowns to load themselves in a very specific and uncomfortable manner.  It can only be pulled off after much practice to make the exit look as smooth and fast as it is.  
Sources: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions