FBI Files Will Be Released 12/22
December 18, 2009, 07:43:56 PM
OK, I got a call from the FBI earlier this evening. Was on my way out the door so didn't have time to post at the time. But here's the info. Instead of having to write and request the files, and pay for the printing costs of the files, the FBI (by way of the Freedom of Information Act) is making the files available online sometime on December 22nd. Once they are up, you can download them, print them, save them. Here's what to do so you'll know, if you want to grab them once they're available.

Go to the FBI website at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Scroll down to the very bottom and click on the small text link that reads, Freedom of Information Act/Privacy.

On the next page, in the column on the right side, click on the link Hot Topics.

I assume the file link(s) will appear at the top of the Hot Topics page.

Hopefully their servers can handle the traffic that day! I'm just guessing here, but I imagine there was a lot of interest in those files, or else why would they bother posting them? They'd have to do a lot of printing, considering the files total nearly 600 pages, so they probably just don't want to bother. I really don't think there will be too much interesting in them (there sure wasn't in Elvis'). But hey, you never know, right? So it doesn't hurt to have a look and see.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Re: FBI Files Will Be Released 12/22
December 18, 2009, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"
OK, I got a call from the FBI earlier this evening. Was on my way out the door so didn't have time to post at the time. But here's the info. Instead of having to write and request the files, and pay for the printing costs of the files, the FBI (by way of the Freedom of Information Act) is making the files available online sometime on December 22nd. Once they are up, you can download them, print them, save them. Here's what to do so you'll know, if you want to grab them once they're available.

Go to the FBI website at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Scroll down to the very bottom and click on the small text link that reads, Freedom of Information Act/Privacy.

On the next page, in the column on the right side, click on the link Hot Topics.

I assume the file link(s) will appear at the top of the Hot Topics page.

Hopefully their servers can handle the traffic that day! I'm just guessing here, but I imagine there was a lot of interest in those files, or else why would they bother posting them? They'd have to do a lot of printing, considering the files total nearly 600 pages, so they probably just don't want to bother. I really don't think there will be too much interesting in them (there sure wasn't in Elvis'). But hey, you never know, right? So it doesn't hurt to have a look and see.

Hmm...thats interesting. I'm DEFINETLY going to check that out on December 22nd. ALso, its interesting because (supposedly) ThisIsAlsoIt will be revealed on the 21st (maybe his comeback day?). Maybe (just maybe) thats the reason they are releasing it. It will give us a look at why and HOW he did it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Let me bathe in my own time when I come back in. I\'m gonna button my shirt or my jacket or whatever it is. I\'m gonna look around a little bit, play with them. Snap my fingers maybe, then BAM!"

December 18, 2009, 08:18:12 PM
Thats a pretty quick release date isn't it, considering there's supposed to be an ongoing homicide investigation?  I'm not to familiar with how the FBI release works, but according to the link you posted, they only released Anna Nicole Smiths files this year and she passed away 2 years ago.

Maybe this is a good thing yes/no?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: "Happy Feet"
Thats a pretty quick release date isn't it, considering there's supposed to be an ongoing homicide investigation?  I'm not to familiar with how the FBI release works, but according to the link you posted, they only released Anna Nicole Smiths files this year and she passed away 2 years ago.

i am looking at it as a good thing we may be coming to the end of this journey
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 09:07:48 PM
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"

Yeah, I agree. Why would they release the FBI file if the investigation was still going on?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Let me bathe in my own time when I come back in. I\'m gonna button my shirt or my jacket or whatever it is. I\'m gonna look around a little bit, play with them. Snap my fingers maybe, then BAM!"

mjboogie

December 18, 2009, 09:22:12 PM
Maybe we need to research this to see what the normal time frame is for them releasing the files? BTW I am confused how would this tie into the hoax. I am sorry I am not a legal expert! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: "mjboogie"
Maybe we need to research this to see what the normal time frame is for them releasing the files? BTW I am confused how would this tie into the hoax. I am sorry I am not a legal expert! :)

Well, they just released the Anna Nicole Smith files and she died like 2 years ago. So it's probably a couple of years after the death that it's able to be released...but if thats the case, why are they releasing MJ's on tuesday?  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: "thecheetoman2004"
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"

Yeah, I agree. Why would they release the FBI file if the investigation was still going on?
Exactly-and they could only release them if he is indeed deceased correct? Or he is faking and we are wrong about gov involvement :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

December 19, 2009, 12:00:17 AM
Just to clarify some things here....I'm not saying that MJ's FBI files have anything to do with the hoax. I'm just curious as to what is in there, just as I was with Elvis', which I got many years ago. Maybe we'll find something interesting, maybe not. But I'm just curious really.

You can request FBI files on any person, living or dead. But if the person is alive, you may not get access to much because then there is the Privacy Act to consider, which naturally protects a living person's rights to privacy. Requesting information on a dead person (or presumed dead as the case may be) requires you generally to submit proof of death, at the very least, some form of obituary. You can also send SS #.  I did this with my initial request on MJ, using his commonly known SS# and a Wiki article on his death. But since they are now going to publicize his files, none of that is going to be necessary.

His FBI files have nothing to do with the ongoing police investigation, and there is no time limit for releasing FBI files. If there was something within the files pertaining to the investigation, then the FOIA would not apply and that information would not be released. And any information in the files pertaining to other people, information that would invade their right to privacy and violate the Privacy Act, then that information will be redacted (blacked out and/or hidden). That is the law. Elvis' files are like that...there are names blacked out, addresses blacked out, sometimes whole chunks of information blacked out. Because if you request the files about a specific person, then you only have a right to information pertaining specifically to that person.

Hope this helps clear some things up on this.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 19, 2009, 04:56:45 AM
The examiner.com already has an article on this. The FBI is only releasing 333 pages of the report. There are 343 pages that remain classified and kept private.

Here's a link to the article. Please read.  

Here's a snippet of the article. I'm not sure what to make of it  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

"Jackson died on June 25,2009 in Los Angeles County, and was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center.

Law enforcement agents have been investigating allegations that the Jackson had been consuming painkillers, sedatives and antidepressants that may have contributed to his death at age 50. Law enforcement agencies including the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and California Attorney General Jerry Brown are helping Los Angeles police officers investigate the possible involvement of prescription drugs in Jackson's death."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 05:02:36 AM
why release it shortly before X-mas? I'd really like to know that
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 05:06:40 AM
Here's the full article. Wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the whole thing, but other sites have so I guess it's ok.
------------------------------
Sources at the FBI have told Examiner.com that the federal law enforcement agency will declassify Michael Jackson's FBI files, and that the agency will make them available to the public within thirty-six to forty-eight hours.

Michael Jackson's FBI file contains 679 pages that were reviewed by the government agency. 333 pages will be released, leaving 343 pages of the late pop star's file to remain classified information. Those pages will remain secret.

The still classified documents about Michael Jackson consist of six files, the FBI told Examiner.com.

The FBI processed ninety-five classifications. The file emanating from FBI headquarters consist of several small files. There are seven files that comprise Michael Jackson's FBI documents.

The main FBI file for Michael Joseph Jackson is file number HQ 1148159. The Quantico file number is 252B-1R-6808. The LEGAT London file is 62-DLO-1179. The rest of Michael Jackson's FBI files are Los Angeles files. Their corresponding file numbers are 9A-LA-142276, 62-D-LA-236081, 62D-LA162715, 305B-LA-239204.

Sources at the FBI told Examiner.com that although they hope to have the file declassified by Tuesday, December 22, whether it will ultimately be done by that date is still not yet confirmed.

Due to the large number of requests that have been made to declassify Michael Jackson's files, the documents, compiled by FBI, will be made available via the internet. Michael Jackson's FBI file will be available for viewing online at the FBI's website when it is released.

Those wanting to read the MIchael Jackson FBI file will be able to view it is released by accessing it online at the agency's website. Viewers will be able to choose the "hot topics" link on the FBI website, which will take the reader to Michael Jackson's FBI file.

The FBI does not keep files on every citizen. However, the FBI has jurisdiction over crimes that consist of more than 200 categories of federal laws.

Jackson died on June 25,2009 in Los Angeles County, and was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center.

Law enforcement agents have been investigating allegations that the Jackson had been consuming painkillers, sedatives and antidepressants that may have contributed to his death at age 50. Law enforcement agencies including the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and California Attorney General Jerry Brown are helping Los Angeles police officers investigate the possible involvement of prescription drugs in Jackson's death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 05:08:18 AM
"Jackson died on June 25,2009 in Los Angeles County, and was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center''.

By Jermaine Jackson.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JUST BECAUSE YOU READ IT IN THE MAGASINE OR SEE IT ON THE TV-SCREEN DONT MAKE IT FACTUAL.

December 19, 2009, 05:12:39 AM
These are FBI files though. I can't see the FBI  faking these documents and being part of this hoax UNLESS he really is in witness protection programme. Sorry but this does bother me. By the way his FBI files say Michael JOSEPH Jackson.  Maybe that might clear up the Joe vs Joseph. Who knows!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LLJ

December 19, 2009, 05:27:32 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm not that clued up, but can these files then say that he is actually gone?

And if they do, where does it leave us believers? I mean it is the FBI?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
~ Chinese proverb