~Souza~Topic starter

Forum changes & requests
January 16, 2011, 06:30:16 PM

As some of you probably already noticed, I am cleaning up the forum. After a year it was a complete mess and when people tried to search for something, it was hard to find. I can only imagine how confusing it is for new people.

I am still working on it and there will change more, but for now I have made a seperate category for Twitter, which divides the accounts into verified, (probably) real, hoaxers and Fakes and other, like the stalker fans, TINI members etc. That way it's easier for people to find certain accounts of interest and it's also easier to avoid all the fake MJ's on Twitter for those who are not interested. I am merging all the topics about the same account and that will take another few days, but I locked the old twitter subforum, so nothing can be posted in there anymore, so please use the new categories.

Also a request to do a search for a particular account on the forum first, to see if there is already a thread for that account. That is to avoid numerous threads about the same account. Pleas use the same system for the titles if you make a thread for a new account as I used, see the subforums. For instance, Randy's Twitter thread is called "Randy Jackson - @randyjackson8 (verified)". This way it's easier to find the thread, because people can simply put the "@randyjackson8" into the search bar to see if the thread already exsists. Same goes for the (probably) real accounts, but without the verified part, and for the rest it's enough to just name the thread @omgitzparis.

I also made a new category for TIAI. TS' updates have their own forum, the redirects, elvisandmj, and discussion about TIAI/TS. This way we avoid all the stickies that made it hard to find new posts and it will all be much easier to find. The redirects are also renamed for the same reason the twitter threads were renamed. Please name the new thread for a TIAI redirect "TIAI [month] [date]". I also moved them into the years they belong to.

I have deleted a number of threads as well, double posts that were locked and old troll-threads, so if you have a lower post count, than that is because you posted in one of them.

My last request is to please NOT post every single thing in 'All Odd Things" or "Breaking News". I know they are the most watched forums, but they are both one big mess and nothing can be found in them because there are too many threads. If your post is about Conrad Murray in general, please post it in "Persons of Interest - Conrad Murray", if it's about the Conrad Murray court case, please post in "Hoax Recaps - The Conrad Murray Court Case". Stuff the family says goes to "Persons of Interest - Jackson Family & Kids", etc. etc.

Only real breaking news should be posted in Breaking News and only odd stuff that can't be categorized in any other subforum, should go to all odd things. This is a hoax, so everything is odd, but that doesn't mean it should all be posted in one subforum, I made all the categories for the simple reason that we could find information we need as quick as possible. Same goes for the titles of your threads. Please refrain from posting threads with a title that says "OMG, look what I found!!!!!!!". Titles like that are (besides annoying) not helpful to see exactly what your post is about. If it's a hoax video about Conrad Murray shopping in Santa Monica, please name your thread something like "Hoax Video of Conrad Murray shopping in Santa Monica" so that people don't have to open a thread or even watch a whole video before knowing what it's about. There are almost 16,000 topics on this forum with almost 300,000 comments, so it's important to keep it clear not only for ourselves, but also for people that are new on this forum.

I will be busy with the forum for a while and if you have any suggestions for other subforums, questions or ideas, please post them in this thread or PM me.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Re: Forum changes & requests
January 16, 2011, 06:32:35 PM

ps: I just deleted a triple post about Jason Malachi's facebook. Please click "view new posts" or use the search function before you post, to avoid double posts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

January 16, 2011, 07:39:11 PM
Thank you Souza. I worry that you're a work-a-holic, but it's part of why I love you so please.... carry on  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

January 16, 2011, 09:11:04 PM
Thank you for doing that.  It is hard enough to keep up with everything just visiting here.  Don't know how you do it.  Keep up the good work!   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

January 16, 2011, 10:38:58 PM
Dear Souza,
I am not quite sure how you do, all that you do.  I had been noticing the changes and think it is great how organized things are.....amazing.  It is much appreciated!
Thank you!
Have a beautiful day!
LOVE,
Wishingstar
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 16, 2011, 11:08:48 PM
Very much appreciated Souza, looks great. Yes, we need to be ready for when the masses come looking here!! My only suggestion at this time is to put the THISISALSOIT section up higher in the board index list!!! But, I have to admit it's my favorite thread!! Maybe it is listed by alphabetical order, I didn't notice, if not, why not move it UP!!?? ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RunFaYaLife

January 16, 2011, 11:58:38 PM
As a long time lurker...recent joiner...I cannot tell you how much I Thank You.

It was getting crazy trying to navigate this place..that was one reason I joined....

Thank You Again
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

January 17, 2011, 12:06:32 AM
You're doing an amazing job, Souza. Thank you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 17, 2011, 12:26:18 AM
I would like to note that every time change makes me confused and takes time to find where the topic went. But that's me.
Also I think the right order of the topics would be the following since this is HOAX INVESTIGATION site:
1.Hoax theories
2 Hoax Investigation
3.Media since it is the only prime source of the information and uses more often, esp. TMZ
then whatever it is now.
Charities is generous but not the purpose of this website.
IMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

January 17, 2011, 02:13:31 AM
Thank you, Souza. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Be FREE and HAPPY.LOVE is the key.
You are just another part of me.
We are here to change the world.
~\(≧▽≦)/~

MJhasSpoken

January 17, 2011, 04:15:43 AM
Thanks Souza...I love how it is structured and organised...and is easily accessible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 17, 2011, 06:04:25 AM
Thanks for all the hard work Souza it was getting a bit bewildering for newbies I think, we will hopefully all do our bit by posting threads and info in the correct places from now on to try and keep the site easy to navigate.  And I totally agree about the naming of threads, as succint as possible guys please!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

January 17, 2011, 01:29:52 PM
I noticed changes. Smart choice.  ;)  Thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

January 17, 2011, 01:36:12 PM
Thank you Souza! It was much needed and will help keep us all on track.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

January 17, 2011, 01:51:31 PM
What am I grateful for today:  Well life, my family, my health, my strength, AND SOUZA!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions