MJonmind

Re: TIAI January 17
January 17, 2011, 02:33:21 PM
suspicious mind, I enjoyed the song you posted!

SoldierofLove
Psychology matters, Erikson was trying to say, because history is essentially the acting out of individual psychologies.
I agree, we are all complex creations, and we each have ripples that go out from us, touching everything else around us. Martin Luther was acting upon the influences God had placed in his life, and the personality God gave him. We are all a part of each other, whether we like it or not. And we are all in God.

by Gema » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:45 am
Sarahli wrote:Open your heart to God

In order to do that, first we need to define and agree on the concept of God and why it is neccesary for our existance to have the concept of God.

So far, after all that I have read, the concept of God is too abstract.

Civil, moral and ethic rules are shown in the bible (also in the Qurán and other religious philosophy), all based in being a good samaritan able to live within peace accepting rules and patterns of behaviour, at times based on fear and at times based on pure conditioning.

At the end, the aim is to achieve being a better person for yourself and others around you.

Do we need an outer reason (God) for that?

The truth is that the concept of God covers many fields. It is the resort for everything, but still, imo, it is placebo.
My math son says that also, that when we're stumped or can't figure out something then man inserts the word "God" and then the problem is solved. I like Albert Einstein's words, "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."  I think as long as you are happy and wanting to help others around you to be happy, then what you believe is fine. What a person believes has absolutely no effect on God or whether He exists or not. He will go on existing and doing His things as He always has and always will. I believe it is Him who lives and moves in you to make you think the way you are thinking. So just go on being you!! If or when God/The Creator chooses to give you a  :idea: moment, that's great too. JMO

by GINAFELICIA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:23 pm
Gema wrote: For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

No way, my neighbor is an asocial sour a**hole

first I have to laugh
second, Gema.......what do you think we have to do about this kind of neighbors?
:lol: I'm sure most of us were chuckling also. I just have to look in the mirror to start to find people I'm not totally happy with! But Gina you said we need to start by loving ourselves before we can love others. I believe Michael struggled with that very much, truly loving the way he looked, the life he'd been given by God. I remember hearing him talking to himself in the 2003 Gary, Indiana visit video, and he said, "I don't like my smile, but if you want me to I'll smile for you." :cry: So Gina I don't know what to do about ornery people such as at my job, except be like Michael with the media, smile/be kind and walk away.

Good redirect TS, because it is at the crux of the matter, including all our words on this forum. We are all neighbours here!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

navibl

January 17, 2011, 09:09:37 PM
Michael said his message was simple.  Jesus gave a simple message...LOVE.  Jesus said if you only love those who love you, what reward is there.  It is easy to love someone as long as they agree and treat you the way you want to be treated, but that is not true love.  Jesus said love one another as I have loved you.  If not for the love of Christ we would not stand a chance on this earth.  It is by God's grace that we are live..period.  

The point in the last two redirects is this.  Martin Luther taught the message of Grace which is that we only have to call upon the name of the Lord and believe in what took place on the cross when Jesus died for our sins.  Jesus said I came not to destroy the law (10 commandments) but to full fill it.  Jesus was the only human being on earth that was capable of living by the ten commandments.  Thus he full filled the law.  He in turn gave us two commandments, to Love God and love one another. If we do those two things, the commandments are covered.  Jesus knew man would always make mistakes but his sacrafice on the cross opened the door to direct communication with God.  

God sent Jesus to show us how to live life and to understand our hurt and sorrow.  Jesus was the spirit of God in a human body.  So when he says he is the only way, it is infact the only way to the Heavenly Father because the Father dwelt in Jesus.  Jesus is not a belief system, he was sent by God to bring salvation to mankind.  No religion can do that, which is why the churches have been in effective.  Love is Jesus and Jesus is Love.  That is why Michael sang of us Loving one another and bringing salvation back.

The law was given to Moses as a barrometer to show us our short commings in what God expected of us.  The children of Israel told God they could do any and everything he required of him, but when Moses went up to the mountain and was given the commandments, by the time he came down they had built a golden calf and was worshipping it.

They had already broken the commandment that said, thou shalt have no other Gods before me.  But Jesus gave us freedom from condemnation of not abiding by the law and if we slip up we can go directly to the Father and talk with him and ask forgiveness, there was no more need for sacrifice on an alter.  And that gave man the freedom to communicate directly with God.

Evil can not come into Gods presence so when we accept Jesus Christ we can go to the Father because he no longer see us as evil but as righteousness.  That is freedom, and today's redirect is telling us not to take this freedom as a license to commit sin thinking it is no big deal, but to take this freedom that we have because of the Love Jesus has for us and use it to show Love to others unconditionally, just the way we are loved by our Heavenly Father.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

angel

January 17, 2011, 10:09:43 PM
Good post, Victoria, well said. :)  Thank you, TS, for this timely redirect.  God bless you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
January 17, 2011, 11:39:56 PM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
by GINAFELICIA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:23 pm
Gema wrote: For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

No way, my neighbor is an asocial sour a**hole

first I have to laugh
second, Gema.......what do you think we have to do about this kind of neighbors?
:lol: I'm sure most of us were chuckling also. I just have to look in the mirror to start to find people I'm not totally happy with! But Gina you said we need to start by loving ourselves before we can love others. I believe Michael struggled with that very much, truly loving the way he looked, the life he'd been given by God. I remember hearing him talking to himself in the 2003 Gary, Indiana visit video, and he said, "I don't like my smile, but if you want me to I'll smile for you." :cry: So Gina I don't know what to do about ornery people such as at my job, except be like Michael with the media, smile/be kind and walk away.

MJonmind it is not me who said it but BlackJack..... and I think it is true.
I do not believe Michael didn't like his smile..... it was probably one of those PR things of him.....he has the most beautiful smile in the world.... he even smiles with his eyes

What to do about ornery people...... you know I've noticed something with people around....... if you smile to them they will smile back to you......and then they will feel compelled to be nice to you......the most of them...... I guess we must give a little credit even to the most stubborn ones.....
Gemaaaaaaa........ I guess it's OK to do that to your neighbor here.... just don't actualy try it please.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jono

January 18, 2011, 01:13:08 AM
Quote from: "navibl"
Michael said his message was simple.  Jesus gave a simple message...LOVE.  Jesus said if you only love those who love you, what reward is there.  It is easy to love someone as long as they agree and treat you the way you want to be treated, but that is not true love.  Jesus said love one another as I have loved you.  If not for the love of Christ we would not stand a chance on this earth.  It is by God's grace that we are live..period.  

The point in the last two redirects is this.  Martin Luther taught the message of Grace which is that we only have to call upon the name of the Lord and believe in what took place on the cross when Jesus died for our sins.  Jesus said I came not to destroy the law (10 commandments) but to full fill it.  Jesus was the only human being on earth that was capable of living by the ten commandments.  Thus he full filled the law.  He in turn gave us two commandments, to Love God and love one another. If we do those two things, the commandments are covered.  Jesus knew man would always make mistakes but his sacrafice on the cross opened the door to direct communication with God.  

God sent Jesus to show us how to live life and to understand our hurt and sorrow.  Jesus was the spirit of God in a human body.  So when he says he is the only way, it is infact the only way to the Heavenly Father because the Father dwelt in Jesus.  Jesus is not a belief system, he was sent by God to bring salvation to mankind.  No religion can do that, which is why the churches have been in effective.  Love is Jesus and Jesus is Love.  That is why Michael sang of us Loving one another and bringing salvation back.

The law was given to Moses as a barrometer to show us our short commings in what God expected of us.  The children of Israel told God they could do any and everything he required of him, but when Moses went up to the mountain and was given the commandments, by the time he came down they had built a golden calf and was worshipping it.

They had already broken the commandment that said, thou shalt have no other Gods before me.  But Jesus gave us freedom from condemnation of not abiding by the law and if we slip up we can go directly to the Father and talk with him and ask forgiveness, there was no more need for sacrifice on an alter.  And that gave man the freedom to communicate directly with God.

Evil can not come into Gods presence so when we accept Jesus Christ we can go to the Father because he no longer see us as evil but as righteousness.  That is freedom, and today's redirect is telling us not to take this freedom as a license to commit sin thinking it is no big deal, but to take this freedom that we have because of the Love Jesus has for us and use it to show Love to others unconditionally, just the way we are loved by our Heavenly Father.

Word!! :D

What you just wrote is THE TRUTH and the truth shall set us FREE.

L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." - Albert Einstein

January 18, 2011, 01:33:15 AM
@ soldieroflove... your post was extemely interesting. I did not read the rest of the thread but I had to respond to you. You are a member from another country and it was very interesting to me to see what you have been taught about Martin Luther King . I am Canadian but as we live nextdoor to the elephant we see what they say.

I was blown away by your insight into an American hero and his family and  what you were taught and what you see, and you have given me a new way to see this national hero and his son. I am impressed by your thoughts and you have given me much to think about. Thanks for that !!  Hero worship can sometimes be a strange thing.  Just my opinion folks and cheers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E - Love Overcomes Virtualy Everything

January 18, 2011, 10:29:22 AM
Quote from: "LovelyLurker"
@ soldieroflove... your post was extemely interesting. I did not read the rest of the thread but I had to respond to you. You are a member from another country and it was very interesting to me to see what you have been taught about Martin Luther King . I am Canadian but as we live nextdoor to the elephant we see what they say.

I was blown away by your insight into an American hero and his family and  what you were taught and what you see, and you have given me a new way to see this national hero and his son. I am impressed by your thoughts and you have given me much to think about. Thanks for that !!  Hero worship can sometimes be a strange thing.  Just my opinion folks and cheers.

Hi Lovely Lurker,

I'm not sure if you're speaking of the same person that I am?  Just to make sure we're speaking about the same person, Martin Luther, the German 16th Century church reformer is a different person from the African American Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,  leader and civil rights activist of the 20th century.     I believe that in this particular thread I was speaking of Martin Luther of the 16th Century.  

I have the utmost respect and reverence for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who's birthday we celebrated yesterday as a national holiday in the U.S.

And, while I do recognize the signficant contributions to church reform by Martin Luther, I see him as a controversial figure.  There are a lot of interesting and varying comments throughout this thread about him.

However, your point is well-taken regarding "hero worship".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 18, 2011, 07:42:35 PM
@SoldierofLOVE: Thanks for the connection to Erikson (Clinical social worker waving hi to clinical psychologist...and yes, the cynical, goes for me, too..lol).  As you can see from my signature- Erikson is on my mind a lot.

Happy belated birthday, loyalfan! Thanks you for sharing the great pictures.

And of course, thank you TS- what a great message on yesterday's day of service.  And yes, it goes back to loving ourselves as a basis to reaching out and loving others.  It's about recognizing the potential for change that lives in all of us.  Changes we make can affect those around us in amazing ways.

One more thing this post made me think of (having just come from a V thread..)- Freedom-Independence- "See you in July."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal