ObamaNet - Government issued Internet ID card required for all Americans
The government will be able to track every web site you visit, every keystroke you send, every purchase you make, every blog comment, and every Facebook and Twitter post.
January 20, 2010

The Washington Times is warning that the White House cybersecurity adviser and Commerce Secretary Gary Locke are drawing up "ObamaNet," President Obama's mandate for what amounts to a national ID card for the Internet.

President Obama wants to establish passwords for every citizen to centralize your personal information. Instead of logging onto Facebook or one's bank using separate passwords established with each individual company or web site, you will be required to use the government-issued password.

According to the Washington Times, here are the problems with "ObamaNet":

The government will be able to track every web site you visit and every keystroke you send on your home computer.
The government will be able to track every purchase you make and every deposit and withdrawal, and gain access to your electronic health care records.
The government will be able to track every blog comment you make, along with every Facebook and Twitter post.
The government will be able to create lists of your friends and acquaintances and lists of all your political affiliations, political donations, club memberships, hobbies and interests.
It's impossible for the government to make this system 100% secure (remember Wikileaks?), meaning criminals would need to steal only one key to unlock a vast amount of your personal and financial information.
Although the White House will tell you it is a voluntary program, the government "voluntary" programs too often end up becoming mandatory. See Web I.D. = more gov't control.

TAKE ACTION

Your elected officials can stop President Obama and the Federal government from prying into the personal lives of American citizens.

Email your members of Congress today, asking them to issue a public statement in opposition to President Obama's plan to issue government-based Internet ID cards.

Email your members of Congress today

It is very important that you forward this alert to your friends and family members.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for posting. This looks pretty bad indeed. Full control and invigilation.

Very suspicious to be happening at the same time as recent peak of Wikileaks stories  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

They want total control don't they?? Its getting ridiculous! :evil:
Thank you for sharing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

bonita

This seems either untrue or biased.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind if something like this was done.  :|
What do I have to hide.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Quote from: "bonita"

What do I have to hide.

It's not about whether someone has something to hide or not - it's about privacy and freedom.  The internet is the only place left where someone can have freedom of speech and thought with relative anonymity.  Ideas can be spread freely and that is what the government is afraid of and that is what they want to stop - they want total control over everything.  

If this report is true, this is NOT GOOD.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What do I have to hide.

I don't.  :evil:  :twisted:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Andrea"

What do I have to hide.

It's not about whether someone has something to hide or not - it's about privacy and freedom.  The internet is the only place left where someone can have freedom of speech and thought with relative anonymity.  Ideas can be spread freely and that is what the government is afraid of and that is what they want to stop - they want total control over everything.  

E-xactly!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What do I have to hide.

Bonita - most of us don't have anything to hide but do you want to give up your freedom? Usually, things like this start very innocently and over time they become more stringent with more requirements and mandates. In the end you lose all of your freedom without even realizing what happened. And, it's not just you, but future generations that will be affected by this.

This is how people give up their rights. And it's not just America because it will spread to other nations. We've lost many loved ones over the fight for freedom for all. Why would we willingly hand it over now?

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "Andrea"

What do I have to hide.

Agreed!!! Not good at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Andrea

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

What do I have to hide.

Bonita - most of us don't have anything to hide but do you want to give up your freedom? Usually, things like this start very innocently and over time they become more stringent with more requirements and mandates. In the end you lose all of your freedom without even realizing what happened. And, it's not just you, but future generations that will be affected by this.

This is how people give up their rights. And it's not just America because it will spread to other nations. We've lost many loved ones over the fight for freedom for all. Why would we willingly hand it over now?

Blessings.

I agree - this sort of thing happens gradually and people are told it's good for them, that it'll make them safer and their children safer.  And what most people don't realize is that they are basically living in a prison, with their movements and thoughts monitored.  "They" scare people into thinking their government is protecting them when in actuality, it's the government the people need protection from.

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

is there a link to the article?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

We're being controlled like cows in dairy....  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
is there a link to the article?

There you go.  AFA Hot Topics
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

EDITORIAL: Obama's Internet passport
Administration wants national ID card for online commentary
By THE WASHINGTON TIMES Thursday, January 13, 2011

Federalized security screening at airports has been such a success that President Obama wants to apply the same government "expertise" to the realm of online commerce and commentary. The White House cybersecurity adviser joined Commerce Secretary Gary Locke on Jan. 7 to announce what amounts to a national ID card for the Internet.

Their plan is straightforward. Instead of logging onto Facebook or one's bank using separate passwords established with each individual company or website, the White House will take the lead in developing what it calls an "identity ecosystem" that will centralize personal information and credentials. This government-approved system would issue a smart card or similar device that would confirm an individual's identity when making online credit-card purchases, accessing electronic health care records, posting "anonymous" blog entries or even logging onto one's own home computer, according to administration documents.

Officials insist this would be a voluntary program and deliver significant benefits to the public. Mr. Locke explained last week that "robust identity solutions can substantially enhance the trustworthiness of online transactions. They can not only improve security, but, if done properly, can enhance privacy as well."

Put another way, Mr. Locke is saying, "Trust us, we're from the government, and we're here to help." Congress, the technology industry and the public need to run as far away as they can from this purported assistance. The government is no more capable of securing information than it is of protecting airports. Just look at the WikiLeaks case, in which a disaffected private was able to grab hundreds of thousands of classified documents from U.S. Army computers. Agencies ranging from the Los Alamos National Laboratory to the Department of Veterans Affairs have proved equally incapable of dealing with personal data.

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), for example, lost a hard drive crammed with material about the Clinton White House and its employees. The same agency sent a hard drive containing the Social Security numbers of about 75 million veterans to a private contractor for "recycling" without bothering to delete the personal information. To this day, the agency is unable to determine what happened to the device. "While each case of data breach, loss or undue risk of loss represents a unique stanza, the chorus of the song remains the same," Paul Brachfeld, NARA's inspector general, said in a 2009 congressional hearing. "Internal control weaknesses, lapses and exercises of questionable judgment tied to other incidents I have spoken of today regularly leave me and my staff frustrated and bewildered."

There's little reason to think Mr. Brachfeld's frustration will ever be eased. Civil-service employees, who can't be fired, have little reason to be careful with sensitive medical records, or even nuclear secrets. A careless attitude pervades federal agencies, rendering the government particularly unsuited to the task of directing an identity-assurance program. Like most ideas dreamed up around a multiagency boardroom table, this one will never accomplish its stated goal.

Centralizing access to personal information only makes it easier for the bad guys because it means they only need to steal one key to unlock a vast wealth of financial and personal information. It's likely that the real motivation for this is to ensure the feds always have backdoor access into what people are doing in the online realm. Congress should take steps to ensure this Big Brother scheme is deleted.

[youtube:3qyjrn5p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rBDUJTnNU[/youtube:3qyjrn5p]

Full movie: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is the end, folks...
 :(
The next step is chips under the skin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal