Katherine Jackson: AEG Was Reckless with MJ's Life
11 minutes ago by TMZ Staff  

Katherine Jackson has just filed legal docs claiming AEG was well aware ... there were life-threatening activities going down at Michael Jackson's house ... yet the company turned a blind eye.

Katherine is challenging AEG's motion to dismiss the wrongful death lawsuit against the company.

In her docs, Katherine says AEG retained Dr. Conrad Murray for an "exorbitant salary of $150,000 monthly," and in return Murray agreed to "get Jackson to attend rehearsals and perform."

Katherine's lawyers claim it should have been obvious to AEG when Murray requested CPR equipment at MJ's home that "the medical treatments being administered risked stopping Jackson's heart and breathing."  

Katherine's lawyer continues, "This is hardly the type of risk expected in an ordinary house visit from a family doctor."

The lawyers claim, "AEG should have known that the course of treatment being administered by Dr. Murray was unorthodox and unsafe."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "ForstAMoon"

Katherine Jackson has just filed legal docs claiming AEG was well aware ... there were life-threatening activities going down at Michael Jackson's house ... yet the company turned a blind eye
Katherine is challenging AEG's motion to dismiss the wrongful death lawsuit against the company.
In her docs, Katherine says AEG retained Dr. Conrad Murray for an "exorbitant salary of $150,000 monthly," and in return Murray agreed to "get Jackson to attend rehearsals and perform."
Katherine's lawyers claim it should have been obvious to AEG when Murray requested CPR equipment at MJ's home that "the medical treatments being administered risked stopping Jackson's heart and breathing."  
Katherine's lawyer continues, "This is hardly the type of risk expected in an ordinary house visit from a family doctor."
The lawyers claim, "AEG should have known that the course of treatment being administered by Dr. Murray was unorthodox and unsafe."

First question I have- when Conrad asked CPR eqp. from AEG? Why would doctor ask CPR equip. from AEG instead of having one or buying himself from the place he knows. He is a cardiologist if I am correct.
Second-AEG should have NOT known danger cause they are not med. professionals.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Quote from: "scorpionchik"
Quote from: "ForstAMoon"

Katherine Jackson has just filed legal docs claiming AEG was well aware ... there were life-threatening activities going down at Michael Jackson's house ... yet the company turned a blind eye

First question I have- when Conrad asked CPR eqp. from AEG? Why would doctor ask CPR equip. from AEG instead of having one or buying himself from the place he knows. He is a cardiologist if I am correct.
Second-AEG should have NOT known danger cause they are not med. professionals.

That's what I'm thinking too... shouldn't a cardiologist come equipt with everything he needs to do his job!? But I do understand what that statement is suggesting. The fact that Murray even asked them for that equipment should have caused red flags. But, that is not their job.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

I think this is the beginning of bringing attention to who is really responsible. Murray is only a part of the mystery. My feeling is that everything Katherine does, is MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

MissG

Imo, the company hiring the doc must supply the "material" or pay for it in order to deliver a proper service.

Michael had concerts where safety was an issue. Sloppy arrangements, bad medical equipment, etc.

Going back to it again, "they don´t care about us" (us, the crew of dancers and artists).

What we have seen is the possibe scenario that can happen due to being stingy from AEG´s side.

AEG should pay the Doctor/s requested and the equipment demanded by the Doctor for safety reasons.

AEG has money enough for not paying for the safety of its employees and Michael´s crew of dancers.

James Brown is said died on stage by a heart attack, also the guitarrist that Michael had died by a heart attack, just as an example.

If an emergency happens while performing, not only to Michael, but to any other working there, the proper medical setting and installations must be provided for first aid assitance, a proper emergency room, untill the injured person can reach the hospital.

In resume, included in the crew must be a doctor with a nurse and the proper equipment and AEG, as the one putting the concert together, should pay for it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Remember that Murray is not an anethesiologist, nor is cardiology his specialty.  If he had the equipment I wonder would he even have known how to correctly use it. :roll: If this is indeed the scenario.  My question is why hasn’t AEG spoken up to defend themselves in these accusations of their being at fault.  Seems they take offense to everything else. Why not Murray implicating them in his neglect?  Hmmmmm :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

sk2001

Ok what's goin on?? The Jackson family keeps filing cases but really nothing comes out of them. Example- previous 2 cases filed by Joe and Kat and who knows how many more to come. It's like a game. Now this all would only look less weird if MJ was directing them for a purpose but think about it, if you weren't a believer and you saw a case after case that had no outcome, wouldn't it look crazy?? Or am I going crazy??  What game is this?? I'm not here to say the case is right or wrong but just wondering what's goin on! This has to be MJ in the play!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

I think we must look back
Katherine Jackson Thwarted by Concert Promoter AEG Live: Contract Could Detail Dr. Murray’s Involvement
July 31, 2009
By LBG1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katherine Jackson: Possible Massive Wrongful Death Suit Against Concert Promoter AEG?

AEG Confidentiality Agreement Seeks to Muzzle Katherine Jackson

* Dr. Conrad Murray Employed by AEG Live

“To me, the success of [the memorial] is measured by the fact that I think we were able to really humanize my friend and erase those caricatures that the press had created of him. If there is one thing I could point to it as to why it was successful, it would be that.”
Randy Phillips, CEO, AEG Live on Michael Jackson’s memorial service

According to New York Daily News, more than 31 million watched Michael Jackson’s memorial service tribute, the “second” most watched broadcast memorial service after Princess Diana’s.

Held in Los Angeles’ Staples Center, viewers watched as Jackson’s brothers, wearing his trademark white sequined glove, carried Michael Jackson’s coffin into the area designated for Michael’s coffin, where it was placed a short distance from where Jackson’s family was seated. State of the art speakers played Jackson’s songs, “We Are The World” and “Heal The World”, while, above the stage, a large screen broadcast video clips of Jackson performing his famous moonwalk at Motown’s 25th Anniversary Special, young Michael, and Michael Jackson kissing his long lost pet chimpanzee Bubbles.

The memorial service was arranged by concert promoters AEG Live and held in AEG’s Staples Center while the feed to the media was free. AEG Live abstained from selling merchandise to the 11,000 who held free tickets to the service.

The service was tasteful and subdued as various luminaries paid tribute to Jackson via performances or spoken word. At that moment in time, it seemed as though the Jackson family and AEG Live were in “harmony”.

Yesterday we reported that Katherine Jackson’s attempts to view the contract between son Michael and concert promoter AEG Live are being thwarted by the administrators handling Jackson’s estate as well as AEG.

Katherine, through her attorneys, recently filed a request seeking to view the contract between Jackson and AEG.

From the LA Times:

“In their filing, Katherine Jackson’s attorneys said McClain and Branca refused to provide documents they had requested or placed ‘cumbersome and unreasonable restrictions’ on access to them.

A lawyer for McClain and Branca denied those allegations.

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” wrote lawyer Jeryll S. Cohen. She said the “cornerstone” of Katherine Jackson’s complaint was her inability to view a contract between the concert promoter AEG Live and her son. The contract covered a series of 50 concerts in London as well as unspecified film projects between the L.A.-based promoter and Jackson.

In a separate filing, a lawyer for AEG said Katherine Jackson’s legal team had refused to sign a confidentiality agreement that, among other things, barred them from using the information contained in the contract in any legal process other than the probate court proceedings.”

While some may construe Katherine’s actions as an “attempt” to get her hands on Michael’s “fortune”, we see a different intent, of Katherine attempting to get answers to AEG Live’s involvement in her son’s death. answers which could ultimately lead to a massive wrongful death suit filed against concert promoter AEG Live.

It’s too early to tell just how hard a hit, if any, AEG’s deep pockets will take after Jackson’s death.

AEG purportedly paid estimated $30 million in pre-production costs-$20 million for production, $10 million paid in advance paid to Michael Jackson. Ticket sales for Jackson’s concerts were estimated at $85 million. AEG Live is refunding ticket holders the full price or allowing holders to request a copy of their ticket as a “souvenir” in lieu of a refund.

Recouping Costs

According to the LA Times, AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips has stated that AEG Live is currently seeing a “25% percent retention rate” in refunding tickets while a “40% retention rate” would recoup AEG Live’s “losses”.

AEG owns the property rights to videos of Jackson’s “This Is It” rehearsals, which Phillips claims the videos are “all locked up at Staples Center in the vaults”. There’s also a potential Michael Jackson tribute put together by AEG Live to be broadcast on Jackson’s 51st birthday on August 29. Meanwhile, Phillips reported “brisk sales” of Michael Jackson merchandise on AEG Live’s website ironically named “MichaelJacksonLive.com, where ticket holders have been directed to get instructions on how to get a refund. According to Phillips, the Michael Jackson merchandise is “the best” Phillips has seen, “in his life”.

AEG Live is a subsidiary of Anschutz Entertainment Group, or AEG. AEG is owned by billionaire Philip Anschutz, whom Forbes has deemed, “The Stealth Media Mogul“. A man who has taken the game of Monopoly to extraordinary heights, Anschutz’s wealth is estimated at $5 billion. He founded QWest Communications as well as owns or has “controlling” stakes in a 100 businesses including railroads, wind farms, professional sports teams, Regal Entertainment-the largest movie operator in the U.S., Anschutz Entertainment, as well as owns Staples Center in Los Angeles-the site of Michael Jackson’s memorial service-and London’s O2 Arena, where Jackson was slated to perform 50 concerts.

Anschutz has also ventured into the free newspaper realm-the San Francisco, Washington, and Baltimore Examiner- along with internet news blogs under the name “Examiners”.

There’s also the issue of AEG Live’s insurance policy on Jackson. A policy which would have allowed AEG to recoup its costs if Jackson were unable to perform. On May 12, Phillips claimed that his company was “well-insured” and that Jackson had passed a physical with “flying colors”.

We have insured the production costs. In order to get the first part of the insurance in place, [Jackson] had to have a physical, and he passed it with flying colors.
Randy Phillips, AEG CEO

Since Michael Jackson’s death, AEG has sought to distance itself its ties to Dr. Conrad Murray, a cardiologist who was Michael Jackson’s personal physician and who was with Jackson when 911 was summoned to Jackson’s house. AEG has acknowledged that they hired Murray as Michael’s personal physician for the upcoming London O2 concerts but only because Michael Jackson “insisted”. AEG has also claimed that Michael Jackson did not sign the “contract” concerning Murray’s employment. Meanwhile, Murray’s attorney claims AEG owes Murray two months pay or $300,000. AEG stated that Murray will have to “sue” the Jackson estate.

AEG Live has inserted itself into the legal proceedings involving the Michael Jackson estate:

On July 23, Insider.com reported that AEG Live had filed papers in order to petition the probate court handling Michael Jackson’s estate. According to the AEG spokesperson, AEG filed a request for â’special notice, meaning we can receive copies of papers filed as part of the proceedings’. AEG went on to state that they were an ‘interested party’ and that they have a right to be aware of the information.

On July 22, People magazine had this tidbit about Jackson’s estate and his mother Katherine. According to People, Katherine filed a request to Jackson’s the attorneys handling Jackson’s estate to ‘speed up’ their efforts. Katherine alleged that, so far, the attorneys “apparently intent on keeping her in the dark as much and for as long as possible.”

What;s interesting to note is just who responded to Katherine’s request: the attorneys handling the Jackson estate, John Branca and John McClain, and AEG:

“Attorneys for Jackson’s estate and AEG, which was to promote Jackson’s big comeback concert this summer in London, countered that her request is ‘voluminous, burdensome and invasive. They also expressed concern that Katherine would not uphold a confidentiality agreement for Jackson’s concert deal.”

A confidentiality agreement such as the one being proffered by AEG Live to Katherine and her attorneys would be “sweet”… for AEG Live. Especially if Katherine were to discover within the contract proof that Dr. Murray was an employee of AEG Live at the time of Michael’s death. If it’s discovered that Dr. Murray were negligible in Michael’s death, AEG Live, as Dr. Murray’s employer could be held liable in a massive wrongful death lawsuit filed by Katherine.

Unfortunately for Katherine, Michael’s will designated his estate be placed in a Revocable Living Trust. By law, details of the trust can be kept private, even from Katherine. It’s these details such as the contract between AEG Live and Michael, which Katherine is unable to access. Details which may include AEG Live’s connection to Dr. Murray.

Meanwhile, AEG Live continues to profit off of Michael Jackson’s death:

On July 29, the Chicago Tribune reported Sony Pictures had paid $60 million to concert promoter AEG Live for the “rights to 80 hours of Michael Jackson rehearsal footage recorded in preparation for his ill-fated “This Is It” tour. Purportedly 90% of the $60 million will go to the Jackson estate.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

That was interesting - thanks for sharing.

I agree...what's up with all of the lawsuits that never have an ending? Either they go by the wayside, seemingly forgotten, or they are dismissed. There doesn't seem to be a resolution which makes me wonder what purpose this all holds. If MJ is behind this, maybe this is all a parallel with the meaningless lawsuits he's been saddled with over the years. It can be argued that he's been sued (without merit) more than any other entertainer. I wonder how many lawsuits he's been involved in..maybe there's a connection.

Since Michael Jackson’s death, AEG has sought to distance itself its ties to Dr. Conrad Murray, a cardiologist who was Michael Jackson’s personal physician and who was with Jackson when 911 was summoned to Jackson’s house. AEG has acknowledged that they hired Murray as Michael’s personal physician for the upcoming London O2 concerts but only because Michael Jackson “insisted”. AEG has also claimed that Michael Jackson did not sign the “contract” concerning Murray’s employment. Meanwhile, Murray’s attorney claims AEG owes Murray two months pay or $300,000. AEG stated that Murray will have to “sue” the Jackson estate.

Just thinking....but I wonder, if Dr Murray is found not guilty of his crimes, will he turn around and sue the estate for $300,000? Wouldn't that be a twist in the story - MJ dies at the hands of his doctor. Doctor gets off without jail time. Doctor sues MJ's estate for back wages to the tune of $300,000. Doctor wins lawsuit against MJ's estate.

Wow - I wonder what J4MJ would do if that happened. Good thing MJ is alive!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal