You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oprah Winfrey will be giving her daytime talk show fans something to talk about next week.

She is staging a family reunion on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday and said she plans to reveal something she's recently learned that only a few people close to her know.

"I thought I'd seen it all. But this, my friends, is the miracle of all miracles," Winfrey said in a promotional clip.

"I was given some news that literally shook me to my core. This time, I'm the one being reunited. I was keeping a family secret for months, and on Monday you're going to hear it straight from me," she added.

Her production company, Harpo, declined to provide further details on Friday.

Winfrey was born to unwed teens and was raised at various times by her grandmother, mother and father and stepmother in Mississippi, Wisconsin and Tennessee.

She got pregnant at age 14, but her baby died a short time later. Earlier this week on Piers Morgan's CNN show, she said she wouldn't be where she is today if she had had the baby.

Would it not be great if this was THE big secret we all know and want it to be. I know wishful thinking of course but i thought it would be interesting to post this.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oprah Winfrey will be giving her daytime talk show fans something to talk about next week.

She is staging a family reunion on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday and said she plans to reveal something she's recently learned that only a few people close to her know.

"I thought I'd seen it all. But this, my friends, is the miracle of all miracles," Winfrey said in a promotional clip.

"I was given some news that literally shook me to my core. This time, I'm the one being reunited. I was keeping a family secret for months, and on Monday you're going to hear it straight from me," she added.

Her production company, Harpo, declined to provide further details on Friday.

Winfrey was born to unwed teens and was raised at various times by her grandmother, mother and father and stepmother in Mississippi, Wisconsin and Tennessee.

She got pregnant at age 14, but her baby died a short time later. Earlier this week on Piers Morgan's CNN show, she said she wouldn't be where she is today if she had had the baby.

Would it not be great if this was THE big secret we all know and want it to be. I know wishful thinking of course but i thought it would be interesting to post this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

skyways

NO, THAT NEWS  NOT   ABOUT    MICHAEL .

Personal Oprah secret  is related to Her  Own family on femail side - as far as I understood.

But interesting do - plz, inform us if u able to see it.
thanx a lot !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oprah Winfrey has a secret sister

Oprah Winfrey revealed on her television show Monday morning that she has a half sister she knew nothing about.

The sister, Patricia, had been kept a secret by Oprah's mother who put her up for adoption at birth.

"For the most part my life has been an open book," Oprah said. "I thought nothing could surprise me but I was wrong."

Winfrey said she chose to make the announcement herself so the media would not exploit it. Her sister, Patricia, spoke about being put up for adoption at birth, spent time in foster care and longed to be reunited with her foster mother.

By 17 she was a single mother, Patricia said, and six years later she had another child. When she was 20, she sought out information about her birth mother and then let it go until years later, Patricia said.

The agency contacted Patricia in 2007 with the news that her birth mother did not want to meet her on the same day she saw a local news story that had an interview with Oprah's mother which gave her information that matched up with what Patricia knew about her birth family.

"We realized that Oprah could be my sister," Patricia said.

Winfrey told her audience that it was true that Patricia was her sister. Patricia said she kept her family connection a secret after unsuccessfully trying to reach Oprah's mother, Vernita Lee.

Patricia tracked down Winfrey's niece who is the daughter of Oprah's other half-sister. The pair did a DNA test and it was revealed that they were indeed aunt and niece. That started the ball rolling with family members reaching out to Winfrey who eventually confirmed with her mother that the story was true.

Winfrey shared with the audience home video of her first meeting with her sister this past Thanksgiving Day when Winfrey and her partner Stedman Graham drove to Milwaukee to finally meet her sister.

Winfrey broke down a bit when expressing why she admires her half-sister so much. The talk show host said she has had so many people betray her since she became a celebrity and she was moved by the fact that Patricia kept the story secret.

"She never once thought to go to the press," Winfrey said. "She never once thought to sell this story."

Ironically, Winfrey also had another half-sister named Patricia who died in 2003. That sister was unable to overcome drug abuse and her resemblance to her new half-sister was noted often. Winfrey said she had placed that sister twice into rehab.

"For me, you are Pat on her very best day,” Winfrey said to her new half-sister. “You are who she wanted to be without the drugs.”

The pair sat down with their mother, Vernita Lee, and Oprah asked about her feelings learning about and being reunited with Patricia.

"I was so shocked to know that she was trying to get in touch with me," Lee said. "When I first heard about her, I wasn't afraid but I was a little leery."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Well, all I could see and hear as I read this was HALF-SIBLINGS, DNA TESTS and finding out you're related to SOMEONE FAMOUS! (Sound familiar?!)

Does ANYONE think this is jaw-dropping 'news'?! I don't want to sound harsh but I couldn't care less about Oprah and her family 'secrets'! (Strange how Patricia was happy to keep quiet about it but Oprah has to tell the world!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

That story is eerily similar to Eliza's story. Just change the names...

:?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well, IMO, that was a big waist of time. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

Glinda

Oprah is related to the Presley's as well..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

OK, I never was interested in Oprah and I am not going to be, I'm afraid, but let me please sort  this out:

there is Oprah and Patricia, the half sister who dies of drug overdose.
And then there's Patricia the other half sister coming into life all of a sudden and claims she was hidden.

Was the first Patricia mom's child and second Patricia dad's child or would mom name her two children with the same first name Patricia?

And doesn't that sound somewhat like Michael Joseph dying of drug overdose and Michael Joe coming back to life as the hidden half-brother and do I need to go into hiding under my pillows now because IF then Oprah is preparing for Michael's "return" or should we better say now "coming into recognized life for the first time ever"?
 :shock:

Is THAT the best birthday ever?

Roe-eyed vs. handsome Michael as witnessed were two persons indeed? So we were right?
Oprah, TS, Michael, whoever, this deserves some clarification now.  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Andrea

Quote from: "~Souza~"
That story is eerily similar to Eliza's story. Just change the names...

:?:

This parallel is quite eerie indeed.  And it all seems to be connected somehow.  I wonder if Oprah's "acceptance" of a half-sister is foreshadowing what's going to happen with LMP and Eliza...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh My God they have to put me to sleep in my padded cell  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "Glinda"
Oprah is related to the Presley's as well..

5 Random and Ridiculous Rock Star Myths
3. Oprah And Elvis

Next up is a rock myth that can be considered unique in that it’s actually true. Several years ago, several genealogists came out with DNA testing suggesting that talk-show host Oprah Winfrey and Elvis Presley are related. They also suggested that it’s a good thing Elvis didn’t live to see Oprah’s show, as listening to her warble about how men like Elvis are trashy cheating liars who done women wrong for too long would probably cause him to drive his pink Cadillac clean off a high cliff.

This myth is not technically a “myth” because it’s true. By most accounts, Elvis and Oprah do in fact share an ancestor from the slave days of 1800’s Mississippi. Oprah has alluded to this on her show by referring to Lisa Marie, Elvis’ daughter, as her “cousin.” Although it would be far more accurate to refer to her as Oprah’s cousin’s brother’s father’s nephew’s mother’s sister’s aunt’s great-niece’s uncle’s former roommate. :lol:

And then Oprah could have a big party because she’s surrounded by hundreds of family members and it’s a big reunion. Just like it is every day, really. And that’s the problem with this story being anything resembling a story. Technically, we are in fact all related. Every last one of us. According to a theory known as Pedigree Collapse, when two people mate and just happen to be related in some way, it reduces the chance of future offspring having distinct ancestors. Basically, after a few dozen millennia of humans reproducing, oftentimes in the same general area they grew up in with the same people they grew up with, we’ve gotten to the point where some scientists believe we’re all at least 50th cousins to everybody else on the planet.

It’s really no big deal to be related to somebody via and fourteenth cousin, thrice removed. And the sooner somebody can relate this fact to the news, the sooner we no longer have to deal with news stories about how Politician A is a nineteenth cousin of Politician B, which is so weird because they totally hate each other. So yes Oprah, you are related to Elvis. So are all of us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Quote from: "Grace"
OK, I never was interested in Oprah and I am not going to be, I'm afraid, but let me please sort  this out:

And doesn't that sound somewhat like Michael Joseph dying of drug overdose and Michael Joe coming back to life as the hidden half-brother

I had the same thought, but with the brother "Brandon". May be Brandon did not die on the 1st place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~

Off topic, but what I always found an interesting statement, is that everyone is connected in some way through just 6 people. That means I know someone, that knows someone,  that knows someone,  that knows someone,  that knows someone,  that knows someone who knows Michael Jackson or any on you here on the board. Really not of any relevance here, but I just thought of that. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "Gema"
Quote from: "Grace"

And doesn't that sound somewhat like Michael Joseph dying of drug overdose and Michael Joe coming back to life as the hidden half-brother

I had the same thought, but with the brother "Brandon". May be Brandon did not die on the 1st place.
And why would the Jackson family hide any twin, of any of their children, from birth?
Why would they lie about the death of Brandon?
What would that have accomplished?
When the children were being born, the family was poor and they didn't know that they would eventually be as famous as they became.
I am sorry but for me, this doesn't make any sense at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions