~Souza~

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Quote from: "Gema"
Quote from: "Grace"
OK, I never was interested in Oprah and I am not going to be, I'm afraid, but let me please sort  this out:

And doesn't that sound somewhat like Michael Joseph dying of drug overdose and Michael Joe coming back to life as the hidden half-brother

I had the same thought, but with the brother "Brandon". May be Brandon did not die on the 1st place.
And why would the Jackson family hide any twin, of any of their children, from birth?
Why would they lie about the death of Brandon?
What would that have accomplished?
When the children were being born, the family was poor and they didn't know that they would eventually be as famous as they became.
I am sorry but for me, this doesn't make any sense at all.

Why would O's mom hide it? It's something we don't know because we simply don't know the Jacksons. Not saying that Brandon never died, just pointing out that by now we should know that there is no use that 'they would never do that' or 'that doesn't make sense'. IF Brandon was still alive, I assume there is a reason they hid that. And if I am honest, their reason would be their reason and none of my business.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Everybody’s got some skeletons in the closet.  Why is this such a big deal to her?  She’s not God for heaven’s sake. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "~Souza~"
OK, I never was interested in Oprah and I am not going to be, I'm afraid, but let me please sort  this out:

And doesn't that sound somewhat like Michael Joseph dying of drug overdose and Michael Joe coming back to life as the hidden half-brother

I had the same thought, but with the brother "Brandon". May be Brandon did not die on the 1st place.
And why would the Jackson family hide any twin, of any of their children, from birth?
When the children were being born, the family was poor and they didn't know that they would eventually be as famous as they became.

Why would O's mom hide it? It's something we don't know because we simply don't know the Jacksons. Not saying that Brandon never died, just pointing out that by now we should know that there is no use that 'they would never do that' or 'that doesn't make sense'. IF Brandon was still alive, I assume there is a reason they hid that. And if I am honest, their reason would be their reason and none of my business.
There is a difference between Oprah's mother hiding the fact that she put a child for up adoption and the Jackson's hiding a twin from the day it was born or claiming a child died that didn't. These are not the same thing nor are they actually comparable (apples & oranges).

In Oprah's mother's case...

Oprah's Big Secret: She Has a Half-Sister!
By Hilary Shenfeld Monday January 24, 2011
Forty-seven years ago, when Oprah Winfrey was 9 years old and living with her father in Tennessee, her mother, Vernita Lee, became pregnant with a daughter who was given up for adoption. Winfrey had known nothing about it.

During an interview taped last week with Patricia and their mother, Lee said she had denied the truth for so long because she was ashamed that she had given up a child for adoption. "I thought it was a terrible thing that I had done," Lee said, adding that she felt she wouldn't be able to take care of another child and get off welfare if she had kept her. Still, she said, "I did think about the baby. I went back looking for her and they told me she had left."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Marlon and Brandon would be the  6th & 7th children out of 10.
Michael was born after Marlon and then there was Randy and Janet.
Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, these are facts.
It simply doesn't make any sense that the entire Jackson family would have hidden a twin away since birth or lied about Brandon's passing. There has been no evidence posted that there is anything factual as the basis to this "theory". Nor have those proposing this theory, ever provided any credible reasons as to why the family would have hidden a twin or lied about Brandon's death. Without substantiating evidence, this theory has no support, no basis in fact, nothing to stand on.

If a theory can not stand up to scrutiny than that theory must be revised. If a theory has no factual basis, than it is a factual error. If the theory is based on an error of reasoning, than it is a fallacy. Either way, it is not supported and therefore must be either revised or discarded.

An argument consists of one or more premises and one conclusion. A premise is a statement (a sentence that is either true or false) that is offered in support of the claim being made, which is the conclusion (which is also a sentence that is either true or false).

There are two main types of arguments: deductive and inductive. A deductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) complete support for the conclusion. An inductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) some degree of support (but less than complete support) for the conclusion. If the premises actually provide the required degree of support for the conclusion, then the argument is a good one. A good deductive argument is known as a valid argument and is such that if all its premises are true, then its conclusion must be true. If all the argument is valid and actually has all true premises, then it is known as a sound argument. If it is invalid or has one or more false premises, it will be unsound. A good inductive argument is known as a strong (or "cogent") inductive argument. It is such that if the premises are true, the conclusion is likely to be true.

A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. This differs from a factual error, which is simply being wrong about the facts. To be more specific, a fallacy is an "argument" in which the premises given for the conclusion do not provide the needed degree of support. A deductive fallacy is a deductive argument that is invalid (it is such that it could have all true premises and still have a false conclusion). An inductive fallacy is less formal than a deductive fallacy. They are simply "arguments" which appear to be inductive arguments, but the premises do not provided enough support for the conclusion. In such cases, even if the premises were true, the conclusion would not be more likely to be true.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

i am not saying there was a twin but i am not saying there wasn`t either. I think this is a perfect example of things that go on that people manage to keep hidden for years if they want to badly enough. There could be many reasons for the hiding - maybe one was so shy he could never dance and sing but maybe he could draw and write poetry and songs. or ...Maybe due to child labour laws, the Jackson`s needed an extra kid to be able to pull off all the performance`s they did....or it could be anything else...and I agree with Souza it`s not my business. But it could happen...hidden in plain site....no one was ever looking for it so it didn`t come up and it was never spoken about and it could explain many things like why the family was so private, didn`t have that many friends growing up, etc. etc.I don`t think we could say for certain there wasn`t
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Everybody’s got some skeletons in the closet.  Why is this such a big deal to her?  She’s not God for heaven’s sake. :roll:

I must be in an off mood tonight and probably shouldn't post. Sorry if I offend anyone with this...

But, to me, this has nothing to do with Michael. I think she used that as clincher to get people to watch the show. It makes me wonder how many of MJ's supporters have continued to watch every one of her shows just to see if she has something to say about MJ. She knows her ratings have gone up and she knows why (IMO). She's keeping the suspense alive.

I will apologize if, in the end, I am wrong. I keep going back and forth on her involvement with the hoax, but this particular instance of "OMG - I have a secret to share and it's going to knock you off your feet!!!!" was a tactic to get people to watch, and nothing more.

I sincerely wish her and her new-found family the best. Family is awesome and she is blessed but it's not earth-shattering news.

PS - Souza...I think we could be related :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

~Souza~

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, these are facts.
It simply doesn't make any sense that the entire Jackson family would have hidden a twin away since birth or lied about Brandon's passing. There has been no evidence posted that there is anything factual as the basis to this "theory". Nor have those proposing this theory, ever provided any credible reasons as to why the family would have hidden a twin or lied about Brandon's death. Without substantiating evidence, this theory has no support, no basis in fact, nothing to stand on.

If a theory can not stand up to scrutiny than that theory must be revised. If a theory has no factual basis, than it is a factual error. If the theory is based on an error of reasoning, than it is a fallacy. Either way, it is not supported and therefore must be either revised or discarded.

An argument consists of one or more premises and one conclusion. A premise is a statement (a sentence that is either true or false) that is offered in support of the claim being made, which is the conclusion (which is also a sentence that is either true or false).

There are two main types of arguments: deductive and inductive. A deductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) complete support for the conclusion. An inductive argument is an argument such that the premises provide (or appear to provide) some degree of support (but less than complete support) for the conclusion. If the premises actually provide the required degree of support for the conclusion, then the argument is a good one. A good deductive argument is known as a valid argument and is such that if all its premises are true, then its conclusion must be true. If all the argument is valid and actually has all true premises, then it is known as a sound argument. If it is invalid or has one or more false premises, it will be unsound. A good inductive argument is known as a strong (or "cogent") inductive argument. It is such that if the premises are true, the conclusion is likely to be true.

A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. This differs from a factual error, which is simply being wrong about the facts. To be more specific, a fallacy is an "argument" in which the premises given for the conclusion do not provide the needed degree of support. A deductive fallacy is a deductive argument that is invalid (it is such that it could have all true premises and still have a false conclusion). An inductive fallacy is less formal than a deductive fallacy. They are simply "arguments" which appear to be inductive arguments, but the premises do not provided enough support for the conclusion. In such cases, even if the premises were true, the conclusion would not be more likely to be true.

You did not get the point. My point is that there are no valid arguments or proof against it as well. No one has birth certificates, no one was there when the twins were born, and this whole death of MJ is a lie, so who says other things are not? My point is that we simply do not know and therefore can not debunk that theory, nor confirm it.

I am off the actual twin of MJ/twin of Marlon theory for months already, so I am not trying to defend that theory, but the possibility is still there, since there is simply no way to prove or disprove. That was my point and nothing else.

I know you are always jumping into your defence suit whenever I reply to one of your posts which often make me hesitate to reply at all, hell knows why, but maybe you need to take some things a little less serious every single time and read what I write, or ask what I mean next time because I always get the feeling I have to explain myself to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Quote from: "mjkate"
i am not saying there was a twin but i am not saying there wasn`t either. I think this is a perfect example of things that go on that people manage to keep hidden for years if they want to badly enough. There could be many reasons for the hiding - maybe one was so shy he could never dance and sing but maybe he could draw and write poetry and songs. or ...Maybe due to child labour laws, the Jackson`s needed an extra kid to be able to pull off all the performance`s they did....or it could be anything else...and I agree with Souza it`s not my business. But it could happen...hidden in plain site....no one was ever looking for it so it didn`t come up and it was never spoken about and it could explain many things like why the family was so private, didn`t have that many friends growing up, etc. etc.I don`t think we could say for certain there wasn`t
People have been known to shelter family members with disabilities from public scrutiny. They can be very protective of those members. I'm not saying this is so, I'm just saying there may be justification if indeed Brandon did not die as we were led to believe and I would understand that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

I know you are always jumping into your defence suit whenever I reply to one of your posts which often make me hesitate to reply at all, hell knows why, but maybe you need to take some things a little less serious every single time and read what I write, or ask what I mean next time because I always get the feeling I have to explain myself to you.
[/color]

I am answering your posts that commented on my post and nothing more. Stop suggesting I am "defensive", it is annoying and not correct. If you are unable to discuss anything with me without making it personal and/or you don't expect me to respond then refrain from starting a discussion with me. This solves both your misinterpretations of my emotional state and me having to explain myself to you repeatedly that I am not. If you comment on something I say, than there is an expectation that I may possibly reply, if you interpret that as being defensive, that is your issue and not mine. Such remarks are often made in an effort to invalidate another person's opinion, ideas, remarks, comments or are generally a misunderstanding, made by the reader, about what has been written.

I am not trying to argue with you or anyone else, I see things differently on the whole twin/doubles theory and no evidence has been provided to change my mind. If there is irrefutable evidence that supports such claims than I will accept that but so far, that isn't and hasn't been the case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

[/color]

I am answering your posts that commented on my post and nothing more. Stop suggesting I am "defensive", it is annoying and not correct. If you are unable to discuss anything with me without making it personal and/or you don't expect me to respond then refrain from starting a discussion with me. This solves both your misinterpretations of my emotional state and me having to explain myself to you repeatedly that I am not. If you comment on something I say, than there is an expectation that I may possibly reply, if you interpret that as being defensive, that is your issue and not mine. Such remarks are often made in an effort to invalidate another person's opinion, ideas, remarks, comments or are generally a misunderstanding, made by the reader, about what has been written.

I am not trying to argue with you or anyone else, I see things differently on the whole twin/doubles theory and no evidence has been provided to change my mind. If there is irrefutable evidence that supports such claims than I will accept that but so far, that isn't and hasn't been the case.
You misinterpretate my comments all the time, making something else of it and when I comment on that to explain my actual point it gets even worse. We disagree on many things and I for one don't care, you apparently do. Just don't try to prove me wrong with facts of which we don't know they are actual facts or just hearsay and therefore still an option, whether you agree with the theory or not. You yourself say you have to argument the theory, same goes for debunking one. And with that I don't mean giving names to the style of someone's writing or arguments, or calling someone BS, but with actual arguments that disprove the theory. If you can't then that is fine, but it means all possibilities are still open. I am not going to dismiss stuff simply because you think that is not an option.

Again, not defending the twin theory because I couldn't care less, just talking in general. If You comment like that on me, you can expect my responce as well. Well you could actually, because it will never happen again. I am sorry if I again offended you, but I never do good in your eyes, so I better just zip in in the future, it gives me a headache.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

I don´t know their reasons to do something like that.

My view on this is that, according to the info, Brandon Jackson was still born during childbirth. Katherine Jackson had an emergency Caesarian operation to give birth to her twins. The Jackson twins were several weeks premature but had to be delivered due to some complication in their mother’s pregnancy.

In the 50´s C-sections were starting to get fashionable, but stats shows that less than 30% were used. Also, C-sections happens mostly with women who are new mothers. Katherine had 6 kids before and I did not find any info if the previous kids were born via cesarea.
Something went wrong during pregnancy for her to have an emergency c-section, but Marlon is totally fine.

Another issue is Katherine´s religious beliefs as a JW. During c-sections, and more during those years, blood loss was a common factor with the consequent treatment of blood plasma.

Then we got the baby, Brandon, who we don´t know where or if he was burried/ cremated.
We are talking about a religious family. Having the baby not burried or cremated (even if was just a fetus) with the appropriate prayers won´t fit the picture either.

Brandon could have been born with a handicap and kept safe for wathever reason.

Katherine got more kids after and all of them were bron under normal circumstances.

Most of the people got to know about Brandon´s existance from 2007, and a vast mayority during the memorial in 2009.

We know just that much about Brandon, either way  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

It's something we don't know because we simply don't know the Jacksons
Agree 100%
if I am honest, their reason would be their reason and none of my business.
Same here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MissG

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, these are facts
Yes, and?
Still, Brandon is something new.

It simply doesn't make any sense that the entire Jackson family would have hidden a twin away since birth or lied about Brandon's passing.
Makes no sense to you, but your prisma view is just yours Pauline.

There has been no evidence posted that there is anything factual as the basis to this "theory". Nor have those proposing this theory, ever provided any credible reasons as to why the family would have hidden a twin or lied about Brandon's death. Without substantiating evidence, this theory has no support, no basis in fact, nothing to stand on.
Credible reason for who? you?
What about your research on MJ=Messiah? Credible reasons? A theory supported? on what basis then?
That Michael wanted to protay himself as "something" does not mean he is that "something". Just as an example.

People are having views and opinions, wow, you are taking this too serious  :?

There are two main types of arguments

The lesson is appreciated  :roll: , however, I don´t think that people are here to be teach about how to build up or approach or use an argument academically.
Opinions are opinions based on perception and experience as well, and there are no rules on what glasses people should wear to have just an opinion.

A fallacy
Could be, but really, who cares!?
Freedom of expression is the key and as far as I could see, no one is being disrespectful. Why so defensive on this matter?  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MissG

Quote from: "mjkate"
i am not saying there was a twin but i am not saying there wasn`t either. I think this is a perfect example of things that go on that people manage to keep hidden for years if they want to badly enough

Well, that thought is going around for many of us  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MissG

My point is that there are no valid arguments or proof against it as well. No one has birth certificates, no one was there when the twins were born, and this whole death of MJ is a lie, so who says other things are not? My point is that we simply do not know and therefore can not debunk that theory, nor confirm it.

I agree, but  also I got a question. Would a stillborn have a birth certificate on the 1st place? We are talking about the 50´s.
Also a religious family within a particular cult were life is higly respected from the conception. When Brandon was born, he should have had a proper burrial/ cremation and prayers in accordance with their beliefs, even if was a fetus.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MissG

Quote from: "RK"
People have been known to shelter family members with disabilities from public scrutiny. They can be very protective of those members. I'm not saying this is so, I'm just saying there may be justification if indeed Brandon did not die as we were led to believe and I would understand that.

Agree as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal