No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: TIAI January 26
January 25, 2011, 09:38:51 PM
LOL- you beat me to it! Wow..I just saw this.

Ok, so it has not been dismissed because it was not founded, but because of a legal technicality.  Interesting.

Thank you, TS for shedding light on this matter.  After Eliza's blog entry the other day, I had a feeling that this was where things were headed.  

Also, interesting ending statement: "She never got her day in court."

Hm...Makes me think.  Michael did not get his day in court in 1994 when he settled on Jan 25th.  He was forever "found guilty"- just like maybe Eliza will be forever discredited if she does not push forward.
Of course, he did get his day in court in 2005- and, thanks to the press and media coverage, was still not "fully vinidcated." Of course, I know, he was legally, however, public opinion stayed murkey.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

January 25, 2011, 09:53:02 PM
...The Court did not make a ruling on those grounds, or on the question of whether the defense had been properly submitted (based on whether the attorney who filed it really represented Lisa Marie Presley-Lockwood or not).   The Court also did not address the merits or validity of Eliza's DNA or other evidence.  So Eliza Presley did not "lose" her case; rather the Court declined to hear it.

As such, Eliza does have the option of refiling the paternity claim in another court (Juvenile Court, specifically), or attempt to appeal the ruling through the appellate court system.  Unfortunately, the long legal struggle and numerous legal hurdles Eliza and her lawyer have had to face have taken their toil on Eliza.
[/b]

But something about Eliza's post on her blog, 'Call Me Naive' and the fact that this court declined to hear her case because of some sort of change in what they will hear,  doesn't seem to fit with how devastated she is.  It also seems unfair that she was caught in the cross hairs because of a change of focus of the court in the middle of her case.  Seems like she would have been grandfathered in...  Gotta be more to it...  Maybe the power of Scientology does have a stronghold... Strange.  I'd like to know precedent for this sort of thing when a court is legally changed in the middle of someone's case.  
According to her attorney, Kathleen Caldwell, the lawsuit was dismissed because, after it was filed in August of 2009, the jurisdiction of the Chancery Court in Memphis was legally changed (as of August 2010).  The change means that paternity actions involving unmarried parents could no longer be heard in that court.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 25, 2011, 09:58:44 PM
This is soooo sad! I had hoped we could help raise money for her case. I was only able to donate $25, but every little bit helps I know!

So someone found a way out by having the court change their paternity case ruling back in Aug 2010? Sounds suspicious!!

We should of made a better effort in getting the media's attention so this could not be so easily swept under the rug!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

January 25, 2011, 10:07:44 PM
I wonder how this will affect TS's "Elvis & MJ" and if TS will do a post about it. Yes I too suspect that Scientology power and money stopped this because it interfered with their agenda.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

January 25, 2011, 11:08:39 PM
On her website, Linda suggests that Jesse is happy about this outcome.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2011
The opposing attorney, in the court case which is scheduled for Friday 14th, has filed an affidavit this afternoon...a stumbling block to the case hopefully

SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011
I have learned this afternoon that the plaintiff in the court case involving Elvis's/Jesse's DNA has announced (in the form of a poem) that she did lose the case.  This is a wonderful result for Elvis's/Jesse's wishes and for his sake and for my own wishes too.

She should have listened on October 28, 2009, when Elvis/Jesse asked me to phone her and tell her to "STOP"...which I did immediately.  Jesse has not been supporting her and she has not been told by him that he was going to come out.

I do know 100% that the DNA is from Elvis Presley himself.  I am just so thankful that he has not been exposed through this court case.

Also, I would like to clear up one false statement that has been out there since the summer of 2008:  Elvis/Jesse did not "give" the DNA to the plaintiff.  She lifted it off of an envelope which he had licked in which he sent her a note.  He has lick sealed all of my envelopes for the past (almost) 19 years and I would never have done such a thing.

Here is a link to the plaintiff's blog in order that everyone may visit and read her announcement:

elizapresley.blogspot.com/

MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011 --- UPDATE ON THE ABOVE COURT CASE
As anyone who has followed my web site will recall, I denounced the plaintiff's efforts to continue this case months ago and stated at that time that Elvis did not support her in this case.  So, it should not come as a shock to anyone that the case was defeated.  This is how it should have culminated.  What goes around comes around.

I can tell the details of what took place on the day of the hearing in the court room.  My dear friend Betty, who lives in Memphis, kept me posted on the events of the day.  The following is exactly how things unfolded in the open court room:

This was scheduled to be an open court hearing with no cameras nor recorders allowed.

The plaintiff herself was not present. The only parties in attendance were the two opposing attorneys.  Oddly enough the two attorneys appeared to be good friends, sitting together, visiting, laughing and talking.  When the case was finally called, the attorneys asked the judge for the case to be heard in the judges private chambers.  With that the judge, the two attorneys and the court recorder retired to the judges chambers.  This alone should indicate that something which was not to be known to the public was to be discussed and decided.

Also, something else of interest is that the Court Docket has not yet been updated to show the outcome of the case.  Normally, in the past, all events have been posted to the court docket very soon after taking place.  It has now been 7 business days and still there is nothing added on the docket indicating what took place on the 14th.

I have heard rumors about why the case was dismissed but I will report nothing until it is confirmed officially.  I will say, though, that if the reason I have heard is true then there would have been absolutely no reason for the case being heard in the judges chambers, there would be no reason for the delay in posting it to the court docket, and there would be no reason for the plaintiff to have worded her announcement of defeat in such a final way as she would have had other recourses of continued action.

I state the above in order that you may all understand how enormous the challenge of going against Elvis's own wishes was.  Thus, the bitterness expressed by the plaintiff toward him in her announcement of her loss of the case.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 25, 2011, 11:51:10 PM
Totally sad and unfair. But the truth ALWAYS finds a way out....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

“Your life is like a ship. You're the captain of it. The way you steer it is the way that it is going to go.” ~ Michael Jackson

Grace

January 26, 2011, 12:29:17 AM
This case explains how jurisdiction as to its structure is working
(in addition to ongoing cases and potential concerns there):

If you don't want to handle the case, change the rules.

Again the system is not serving the people.

I am so sorry for Eliza.
Let's not lose hope here.
If it is important for Elvis and some other influencial persons to show that he's alive and for which reasons he did go undercover, there will be a pouring rain of money to support Eliza.
If it is not important however, case is closed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Sarahli

January 26, 2011, 02:36:38 AM
Wow they went that far... they literally changed the law to prevent Eliza to win .. boy. It just proves how solid the evidence is. But I remember TS said that Jesse's safety was in game ... so this can't just stop like that especially if this is a part of God's plan.

TS wrote:
I just happen to know something about Elvis/Jesse and his safety, that even Linda does not know. And what I have done and am doing is for his best interest and greatest safety—both in the present and future. If any are able to figure out The Source of what I’ve been presenting for more than a year now, they will know for certain that what I’m saying here is 100% true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

~Souza~

January 26, 2011, 03:59:28 AM
Baffled that such a thing even can be done when a case is already filed a year before....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

January 26, 2011, 06:25:29 AM
Do I remember something about Sneddon having some law changed to suit his own agenda at the time of MJ's accusations?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

January 26, 2011, 07:03:26 AM
Am I being extemely naive to think that maybe all this is because Jesse/Elvis wants it to stop, i.e. he doesn't want to be exposed? I'm fully prepared to take TPTB/Scientology etc into account but I don't think we can automatically run with the worst scenario. Just saying!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

January 26, 2011, 08:31:25 AM
For some reason I'm thinking that maybe this was supposed to happen - that her case would be dismissed...Whether Eliza was fully aware of this I'm not sure.  It just seems that if Elvis is in fact still alive AND her half-brother, that it will be revealed in a more obvious manner, then a quiet court case that nobody really knows about.  Sort of like how the BAM will happen in a big way.  And everything with the hoax seems to be timed so perfectly and IF Elvis decides to reveal himself as well, I imagine that would be at a specific time too.  Plus, Oprah revealed her half-sister on her show, in the way she wanted to.  I'm sure that if Oprah didn't want that public knowledge, it would've been quietly taken care of, probably with a huge cash settlement for her sister.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
January 26, 2011, 08:37:48 AM
Quote from: "curls"
Am I being extemely naive to think that maybe all this is because Jesse/Elvis wants it to stop, i.e. he doesn't want to be exposed? I'm fully prepared to take TPTB/Scientology etc into account but I don't think we can automatically run with the worst scenario. Just saying!

I thought the same. Probably Elvis wanted it to stop, I don't know. But if it is not about Elvis, then this is so sad. I feel so sorry for Eliza. This is so unfair.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 26, 2011, 09:04:13 AM
There would be read to refer legal Tecnis or if someone is influenced to case be dismissed. So reads the blog of Linda, Elvis was not interested in this case, he is not interested in appearing in the light of the world. I do not think Elvis will have BAM as TS said, I'm not saying that DNA is false. Maybe if this had been handled in a more discreet way the result would be another. Sorry for Eliza.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions