On Oprah's new network OWN, she will be showing behind the scenes footage of her show with Katherine, Prince, Paris and Blanket this Friday 01/28/11.

Perhaps we will see new, unseen footage rather than Oprah's musings or her psycho-analysis of what happened.

From OWN Website:

Fri 01/28/11

8:00 PM

Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes

Episode 6

Oprah and team are under pressure to pull off one of Season 25's biggest shows; Michael Jackson's mother Katherine and his three children break their silence.
PG (L)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Watching it now- is anyone else seeing it?  It is so interesting (once again)- to think that the Jackson camp basically sweetened the deal and "threw the kids in."

O and her team keep saying "this is big, this is big, this is big.." kinda reminded me of "this is it..."

It is kind of disgusting to me to see how they are gloating over having secured this interview.  

Ohhhhh! They point out that Katherine's feelings were hurt that Oprah never contacted him again after the 93 interview.  She says it was "not her place to call him up and befriend him."  Uhum.... You don't have to be someone's friend when you offer your support when they are going through hard time.
Nice try, Oprah.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

Interesting: Trent (Katherine's nephew) points out that the library where the interview with K will be held was Michael's trophy room and now is a library.  When he moved out, he took all the gold records etc with him to NEverland.  They asked where are they now?  After a little stumble, Trent says, yeah, they're at Neverland...

Hm... I thought when they did the interview with Jermaine at Neverland after Michael's "death" that the house was empty.  (I guess they could be in storage.)

It was so eery to me when they drove up to Havenhurst.  THat fountain made me think of that interview from Havenhurst Michael did... Security was amazing- as was the briefing to the staff of what NOT to do (do not smoke, no cell phone calls, if you need anything ask O's staff, do not engage anyone, NO pictures, and...don't look at anyone..)

Interestingly, Trent pulls Erin (production) aside and expresses concerns how the children will be involved. It gets pointed out over and over that the kids will only talk to Oprah and that she will be involved with the kids. It seemed to me that it was ensured that the kids would not be talking to anyone else.  If they had to be exposed like this- it seems that it was for a clear purpose and that purpose only: to talk to Oprah.
This is really interesting.  Hope it will be on youtube...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

thanks for the info....OWN here is a pay channel and we don't have it.. :(  keep posting as you get more info
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sure, no problem.

Katherine drove up and Oprahs' team discovers that "there are paparazzi there"- LOL.  TMZ, remember.  Wonder how in the world they got the word, the team ponders.   :lol:

What a madhouse as they all flutter around, worried that the kids at the last minute will not sit down. Also, Oprah is floored that Joe came with Katherine.  Too funny.  The more I watch this, the more I become convinced that O and her team (I will call them team vanity) was used big time.  

This was funny" the team wanted K to meet O at the end of the drive way.  Team Jackson says, who meets people at the end of the driveway? How about she meet her at the front door.  THAT was funny.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

O in all her sincerity assures the viewer she wanted to honor the memory of Michael and not exploit his children as she did not "want the spirit of Michael Jackson visit me in my sleep."

Oprah, you don't have to worry about Michael's spirit.  Michael the man is another story... 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

If this is ever online, can you let me know the link?

Dont get this channel in UK.   Thanks. x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

A VERY interesting moment just happened:
The kids were interviewed and O asksed if they all followed into the Jackson footprints, being in the entertainment business.  Paris was drinking from a glass, but her eyes got REALLY big (like, Oh-o)- and she looked over at Prince who shot her a little look back.  This was REALLY interesting- will watch it over.

O was trying to get Blanket to talk.  He was NOT having it- keeping to look to the side.  

Oprah: "What I loved about this interview was that there was NO pretense; no showmanship."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
THAT was funny.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
A VERY interesting moment just happened:
The kids were interviewed and O asksed if they all followed into the Jackson footprints, being in the entertainment business.  Paris was drinking from a glass, but her eyes got REALLY big (like, Oh-o)- and she looked over at Prince who shot her a little look back.  This was REALLY interesting- will watch it over.

O was trying to get Blanket to talk.  He was NOT having it- keeping to look to the side.  

Oprah: "What I loved about this interview was that there was NO pretense; no showmanship."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
THAT was funny.

Yup, I noticed the look too.  Something was up.  I remember from the original interview that both kids answer included: "I did it with my dad".  Prince the directing, and Paris the improv.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

RunFaYaLife

Dang...I do not get O either.

Thanks for posting.

O was trying to get Blanket to talk. He was NOT having it- keeping to look to the side.
When I watched the interview on Oprah it looked like
Paris. Prince and Blanket had been told to be careful or vague
about what they said...I think they are pretty good actors. lol
They did "evade the point verra well."
And little Blanket was having none of it...he SO reminds me of Michael.
I mean a LOT.

Oh one last thought ..."meeting O at the driveway" gimme a break...sounds
like Katherine was supposed to greet the Queen. *eye*roll*

Hope someone uploads it to the tube. Ha
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I REALLY got the impression from the extra footage that Oprah and crew still think Michael was guilty of the molestation charges.

As Oprah's vehicle came into the driveway, the blond lady (Erin I think?) greeted her and told Oprah that Katherine was willing to talk about anything.  I believe the statement Oprah or Erin used was "no holds barred", and Oprah specifically asked about the charges, to which Erin replied "Well of course she (Katherine) is going to say he was innocent".  I don't know if anyone else picked up on that exchange, but the tone of Erin's comment really makes me think that they still think Michael was guilty.  If that is the case, I think we can safely assume that Oprah did this interview solely for the ratings.  I missed the first 10-15 minutes, so I didn't get to see the comment about how the kids being involved "sweetened the deal", but I really believe that is the only reason Oprah agreed to do the interview.  She figured that interviewing Michael's kids would boost her viewership.  Plus her head producer (I can't recall this lady's name) really stressed in her one-on-one with the camera that they were really concerned that the kids would back out at the last minute.  With all of the hype about the kids being on the show, I was rather surprised to see just how short the segment with them was.  They really didn't say much at all.  Although they said just enough to "humanize" Michael since so many people think he is just a weird guy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[youtube:2xwcsv2j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20rUro4M7cA[/youtube:2xwcsv2j]

[youtube:2xwcsv2j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWe3yCV6LA[/youtube:2xwcsv2j]

[youtube:2xwcsv2j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQ9xpvY67w[/youtube:2xwcsv2j]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

The oddest thing about these footages is the episode when Katherine tells Oprah that she's proud of her :? really????? BTW i also like the part when Oprah said that she didn't want MJ to come after her from the grave(when speaking about the kids).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
O in all her sincerity assures the viewer she wanted to honor the memory of Michael and not exploit his children as she did not "want the spirit of Michael Jackson visit me in my sleep."
Oprah, you don't have to worry about Michael's spirit.  Michael the man is another story...  8-)
I was reading your commentary since I haven't watched the show yet but what you wrote so far is great. Thank you. I got to this part and fell out lol...

This whole scene with O and the kids, Joe (lol) the team wanting Katherine to meet O at the end of the driveway, hmmm say what? O seems scared. lol

I am glad the kids got their say. I understood their words perfectly. They said exactly what their daddy wanted them to. It fit perfect with V.  ;)

Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

things that stood out.
that Oprah mentioned Katerine needing lipstick: remember the little thing about Latoya putting on her lipstick?

the fact that she has her people , he has his people . that is a lot of hands in the pot.
the idea that Oprah was so concerned about how many people were there and how much of a hot mess yet it looks to me like Gail King is there. hypocrisy ,or is she trying to make the point that i just made.

it is really kind of something to notice that they were all so nervous about what the kids would or would not decide to do. Michael didn't have that option . if he didn't want to get a plane or a stage Joe jerked him up and physically made him.  now what i wonder about is if Katerine is really that concerned about it or if there is someone in the background (Michael or otherwise) that she is having to mind her p's &q's with concerning the kids.

the remark about being proud of Oprah as a black woman is interesting .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal