Quote from: "suspicious mind"
things that stood out.
that Oprah mentioned Katerine needing lipstick: remember the little thing about Latoya putting on her lipstick?

the fact that she has her people , he has his people . that is a lot of hands in the pot.
the idea that Oprah was so concerned about how many people were there and how much of a hot mess yet it looks to me like Gail King is there. hypocrisy ,or is she trying to make the point that i just made.

it is really kind of something to notice that they were all so nervous about what the kids would or would not decide to do. Michael didn't have that option . if he didn't want to get a plane or a stage Joe jerked him up and physically made him.  now what i wonder about is if Katerine is really that concerned about it or if there is someone in the background (Michael or otherwise) that she is having to mind her p's &q's with concerning the kids.

the remark about being proud of Oprah as a black woman is interesting .

Regarding the part in bold, I really got the impression that the kids themselves didn't want to be interviewed.  Michael could have been involved in that, but I've always had the impression that Michael doesn't make his kids do anything that they really don't want to do (aside from schoolwork, chores and that kind of thing).  I don't think the kids care for Oprah, and I still think that Howard Mann (who was also supposedly behind this interview) is blackmailing the family, so Katherine's hands may have been somewhat tied in this matter.  Either way, I definitely don't think the kids were happy about having to be interviewed, as I am sure they know all too well just how negatively Oprah has portrayed their father (that is until he "died" and she saw dollar signs in jumping on the "let's praise Michael" bandwagon).
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
things that stood out.
that Oprah mentioned Katerine needing lipstick: remember the little thing about Latoya putting on her lipstick?

the fact that she has her people , he has his people . that is a lot of hands in the pot.
the idea that Oprah was so concerned about how many people were there and how much of a hot mess yet it looks to me like Gail King is there. hypocrisy ,or is she trying to make the point that i just made.

it is really kind of something to notice that they were all so nervous about what the kids would or would not decide to do. Michael didn't have that option . if he didn't want to get a plane or a stage Joe jerked him up and physically made him.  now what i wonder about is if Katerine is really that concerned about it or if there is someone in the background (Michael or otherwise) that she is having to mind her p's &q's with concerning the kids.

Regarding the part in bold, I really got the impression that the kids themselves didn't want to be interviewed.  Michael could have been involved in that, but I've always had the impression that Michael doesn't make his kids do anything that they really don't want to do (aside from schoolwork, chores and that kind of thing).  I don't think the kids care for Oprah, and I still think that Howard Mann (who was also supposedly behind this interview) is blackmailing the family, so Katherine's hands may have been somewhat tied in this matter.  Either way, I definitely don't think the kids were happy about having to be interviewed, as I am sure they know all too well just how negatively Oprah has portrayed their father (that is until he "died" and she saw dollar signs in jumping on the "let's praise Michael" bandwagon).

well we are aware that Randy wasn't happy with his mother getting involved with this man. maybe he doesn't trust him but doesn't really know what influence he has over his mother. i don't know . there are just so many elements here that make it look like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, which doesn't seem to add up to one big happy family in my view.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
things that stood out.

well we are aware that Randy wasn't happy with his mother getting involved with this man. maybe he doesn't trust him but doesn't really know what influence he has over his mother. i don't know . there are just so many elements here that make it look like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, which doesn't seem to add up to one big happy family in my view.

I had forgotten that Randy had issues with Mann.  Thanks for reminding me of that!  I agree that the Jacksons aren't quite the big happy family either.  I'm still on the fence as to whether or not all of the siblings and Joe even know about the hoax (although I suspect most of them would have figured it out by now).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Randy also had issues with this interview, I think.  I remember he tweeted something about this having been done without his knowledge.  Have you all noticed how Randy has REALLY toned it down in the past months, btw?

As far as the kids: I do think they don't care for O, and they know why.  However, I am sure if this was all part of Michael's plan ( which I think is so), then they would probably be thrilled to help their Dad. And no, I don't believe Michael would make them do anything they did not agree to.  I am sure they were concerned about getting their part right. And part of that might have been to appear none too thrilled to be interviewed. I mean, how weird would it seem if they were all for it? Also, I keep thinking that Blanet is being kept quiet for a reason. He is rumored to be a little prankster like his Daddy, and he is younger. So he might slip.

I still think about Paris' look in that one scene. Actually, her and Prince exchanged glances perfectly. :) Such great kids!

The "I'm proud of you comment" can be understood in context of the time Katherine grew up in, a sociological statement if you will, considering that black women in her time had very limited opportunities.  Katherine is a very wise woman and she is very religious. In that I am sure she has resolved to forgive O for her stance ( or lack thereof) regarding Michael.  And she is smart to make O think of her as an ally. Plus, maybe, she felt a little bit bad for basically punking Oprah. Of course O and her vain self would leave this comment in.
What I said earlier re "sweetening the deal:" there were rumors that O at first turned down the interview with K. Supposedly, the Jackson camp approached O about it, and it was deemed not interesting enough until it was hinted that the children would be in. Which makes sense from our perspective- thinking that Michael wanted O's platform.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

RunFaYaLife

THANK YOU Dancingthedream!
I think I love you.  :mrgreen:

As Oprah's vehicle came into the driveway, the blond lady (Erin I think?) greeted her and told Oprah that Katherine was willing to talk about anything. I believe the statement Oprah or Erin used was "no holds barred", and Oprah specifically asked about the charges, to which Erin replied "Well of course she (Katherine) is going to say he was innocent".

O
M
G
!!

Since Oprah likes to read so much she should READ the trial transcripts...they are on line.
It should take her about a week or so.
UHHhhhhh
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
In that I am sure she has resolved to forgive O for her stance ( or lack thereof) regarding Michael. And she is smart to make O think of her as an ally. Plus, maybe, she felt a little bit bad for basically punking Oprah. Of course O and her vain self would leave this comment in.
What I said earlier re "sweetening the deal:" there were rumors that O at first turned down the interview with K. Supposedly, the Jackson camp approached O about it, and it was deemed not interesting enough until it was hinted that the children would be in. Which makes sense from our perspective- thinking that Michael wanted O's platform.

If Katherine "forgave O for her stance (or lack thereof) regarding Michael" , then why would there be any need for Mrs. Katherine to trick her?

And also, I thought they said that they were going to do an interview with Mrs. Katherine (which Oprah agreed and was excited to do) without Joe Jackson. "See Michael Jackson through the eyes of his mother." is what she said. It was deemed interesting before the children were introduced, just that it was more pressure on whether or not it would happen once the kids were in the picture.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

Because forgiving someone is something you do for yourself and it does not mean you forget the action, condone it, excuse it, or you do not go forward with whatever is planned.  So, for herself, to let go of her own anger (and believe me, when someone attacks your child you are ANGRY)- she could have forgiven her.  If you know about her religious underpinning, that is very likely.  Also, there comes a point in life where you realized holding on to anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.  It is perfectly possible to forgive someone, to honor what they have achieved in life, and to STILL not like them personally, or to still follow an agenda that has been set in place.  And the older and wiser people become, the more they believe in a power greater than themselves, the more they understand that those seeming oposites are not oposites after all, but are different things altogether. They an all happen at the same time.

Also, remember, it is not Katherine's agenda to "tick" Oprah- but it is part of Michael's plan.  Don't you think, that Katherine's alliance is with Michael, no matter how much she has resolved to personally not hold a grudge against Oprah?  I am sure, as the honest person Katherine is, this hoax is wearing on her- but I also think she knows that this was the only way for her son.  She must be convinced that this was necessary.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

Also, there comes a point in life where you realized holding on to anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Brilliant quote.  I agree with everything else you said too, no matter what her reservations she will do whatever it takes to help her son.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Thank you, turstno1!

And I just found a typo in my post above: by "tick" I meant, TRICK of course.  Fingers too fast for brain...  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

RK

O in all her sincerity assures the viewer she wanted to honor the memory of Michael and not exploit his children as she did not "want the spirit of Michael Jackson visit me in my sleep."

Oprah, you don't have to worry about Michael's spirit.  Michael the man is another story... 8-)
She should take note with what eminem did to Mike and now Michael owns his music. Yes, I think oprah will hang herself if given enough rope.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Randy also had issues with this interview, I think.  I remember he tweeted something about this having been done without his knowledge.  Have you all noticed how Randy has REALLY toned it down in the past months, btw?

As far as the kids: I do think they don't care for O, and they know why.  However, I am sure if this was all part of Michael's plan ( which I think is so), then they would probably be thrilled to help their Dad. And no, I don't believe Michael would make them do anything they did not agree to.  I am sure they were concerned about getting their part right. And part of that might have been to appear none too thrilled to be interviewed. I mean, how weird would it seem if they were all for it? Also, I keep thinking that Blanet is being kept quiet for a reason. He is rumored to be a little prankster like his Daddy, and he is younger. So he might slip.

I still think about Paris' look in that one scene. Actually, her and Prince exchanged glances perfectly. :) Such great kids!
The "I'm proud of you comment" can be understood in context of the time Katherine grew up in, a sociological statement if you will, considering that black women in her time had very limited opportunities.  Katherine is a very wise woman and she is very religious. In that I am sure she has resolved to forgive O for her stance ( or lack thereof) regarding Michael.  And she is smart to make O think of her as an ally. Plus, maybe, she felt a little bit bad for basically punking Oprah. Of course O and her vain self would leave this comment in.

He looked just like MJ in that moment
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Part 4.  Last bit

[youtube:3nb9icn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk_iVJcZeY4[/youtube:3nb9icn8]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Part 4.  Last bit

[youtube:3f4tj6hu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk_iVJcZeY4[/youtube:3f4tj6hu]

I only saw this one clip and I have to say I laughed when it got to the part that's been spoken above about the showbiz comment and Prince and Paris' look. That is classis "uh oh...". LOL I love these kids so much. I also liked the part where Oprah said that hearing the kids speak about their father humanized him like nobody else could. That is exactly right - and hopefully the world is learning a huge lesson in their heart about prejudging a person.

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mjkate

I don't think it's just me because others have mentioned things, but I find Oprah just plain disgusting. She made fun of jermajesty's name, she said "so what else did you do with your father besides eat candy", she said so are you just all going to go into show business, no one wants to be a doctor or a lawyer" Wth...I would have thought after all these years she would have been able to ask questions nicely and could have refrained from making fun of someone's name. So she is either really dumb and didn't learn how to conduct herself during a professional interview or she did it on purpose. I have lost any remaining respect I did have for her. Maybe she should become a lawyer or a doctor then!! and talk about her own name!! and learn how to talk to children who are sharing coveted memories of eating candy with their loving and dearly departed father!! unbelievable!! There is noooooo way this family would have allowed Oprah to speak with those kids unless their father is still with us. And if he is not....shame on them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

Wonderful children, u can see that Blanket totally despises Oprah, he shows that he doesn't care for her and for her interview, love it, he's so much like Michael, about Oprah- i haven't changed my opinion about her,she was and still is a hypocrite woman to me, i'm more than sure that she hasn't changed her opinion about MJ and the allegations, i didn't like the interview and still i cannot get how the family, esp. Mrs Katherine is so kind to her.Well, may be there's a hidden meaning behind this interview, may be Michael is behind it, this is the only possible explanation to me for this interview :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal