Joe Jackson surprises Oprah

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have seen that before. An English reporter wanted an interview with Joe, this was before Michael's "death" and Joe actually did not want to give an interview but somehow agreed to it. When the reporter came, Joe had also invited a lot of different people and the reporter got so nervous and confused, because he wanted to talk to Joe alone and now all those people were there too.

Here with Oprah you see it happen again. I think this is his tactic to distract the inverviewer and make the interviewer nervous and confused.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I finally sat down to watch all of these videos.  I wanted to keep an open mind and look at these objectively.  What immediately struck me was how they reminded of This Is it.  TII is a behind-the-scenes video as well ( a very large, well orchestrated....video).  Why did they (O & team) feel like this needed to be shown?  She says in the videos how respect for Miss Katherine and the children was the top priority.   In showing all the behind work here, doesn't that counter all that notion?  Would Miss Katherine really want it broadcast that she needed lipstick?  Really?  I find that really sort of disrespectful...opportunistic at best.  There were many little things like that through the videos.  But, the basic comparison of these videos to TII is so apparent to me:  
-both are "behind-the-scenes"/inner workings of production
-both seem scripted and "produced"  
-both show talent like we've never seen before
-both show the main, "star" as a humble entertainer taking direction from their team

Maybe I am way off base...again.  However, I just can't shake the feeling that these were all a part of the larger production from day one.  
Hope you are all having a great week!
Blessings Always!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "wishingstar"
I finally sat down to watch all of these videos.  I wanted to keep an open mind and look at these objectively.  What immediately struck me was how they reminded of This Is it.  TII is a behind-the-scenes video as well ( a very large, well orchestrated....video).  Why did they (O & team) feel like this needed to be shown?  She says in the videos how respect for Miss Katherine and the children was the top priority.   In showing all the behind work here, doesn't that counter all that notion?  Would Miss Katherine really want it broadcast that she needed lipstick?  Really?  I find that really sort of disrespectful...opportunistic at best.  There were many little things like that through the videos.  But, the basic comparison of these videos to TII is so apparent to me:  
-both are "behind-the-scenes"/inner workings of production
-both seem scripted and "produced"  
-both show talent like we've never seen before
-both show the main, "star" as a humble entertainer taking direction from their team

Maybe I am way off base...again.  However, I just can't shake the feeling that these were all a part of the larger production from day one.  
Hope you are all having a great week!
Blessings Always!

Great observation, Wishingstar - you could be right. Either this is planned or Oprah is trying to capitalize off of the opportunity. I'm not sure which it is, really.

I also think that most, if not all, of us have the same feelings for Oprah. She did Michael wrong and she needs to humble herself and apologize to him in front of the world. Until that happens I probably won't support any of her endeavors. I can't hate her but I do not have to support her either. I do love going back to the clip where Blanket licks his hand before shaking Oprah's hand - LOL...so Michael.

Also, about Joe. I don't think he gets enough credit for the role he's playing. I think he knows a lot more than he's letting on and he's great at playing people - Oprah among them.

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "trustno1"
Also, there comes a point in life where you realized holding on to anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Brilliant quote.  I agree with everything else you said too, no matter what her reservations she will do whatever it takes to help her son.

You beat me to the punch! I was also going to mention that this quote is brilliant....I know of what I speak....after my father's death several years ago, a lot of *hit hit the fan in our family, mainly to do with money....it was devastating and I was so deeeeeeply hurt by my siblings....but it wasn't until I decided to forgive (but not necessarily forget!) that I was able to move on....I really felt my anger turning back on me....I was the one getting hurt by it, not them....it was a huge life lesson....too bad it took me til I was in my 40's to learn it....now I tell my kids the same all the time....but I think I will incorporate this great phrase into my pearls of wisdom for them...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

I totally forgot to mention this thought........
when O was talking about how she never contacted him after the '93 interview etc.  She explained that she could never do that to the famous people she interviews etc.  Really...  At 5:00 on the last interview video here.....she is bending over giving Miss Katherine a hug to say goodbye.  She gently says to her, "...I'd like to call you.....and just sit down without the cameras....."  
For someone who just said she could never call anyone she interviews.......she sure was polite to ask that  :roll:
As for not contacting Michael after his interview......why wouldn't she?  Professionalism....no?
Embarrassment over her behavior......could be?  She made a big deal about this whole thing......just more questions.....
Blessings to you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Oprah is right about Katherine, she has a wonderful heart, just like Michael. It is ashame that the other siblings did not take from their mother  katherine and Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Could someone explain what everyone's problem with Oprah is?  I'm lost.

Also none of the videos work, it says they are "private." Wtf?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hold me, like the river Jordan
And I will then say to thee
You are my friend

RunFaYaLife

I really don't know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Talking about Oprah, It has nothing to do with Prince or Paris, but today there was Celine Dion, she will be doing Vegas show at the cesar Palace. She said she will dedicate her shows to Michael. I find that very nice of her.  Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
Talking about Oprah, It has nothing to do with Prince or Paris, but today there was Celine Dion, she will be doing Vegas show at the cesar Palace. She said she will dedicate her shows to Michael. I find that very nice of her.  Blessings.

That is very nice. Thanks for sharing.

The problem with Oprah is how she has dealt with Michael over the years since the allegations. I'm not sure if she publicly said she believed Michael was guilty but her actions pointed to that belief. She never stood up and defended him to others. She had LMP and her mother on the show and let them bash Michael when he was at a low point of his life. To me, Oprah has capitalized off of Michael and she should be ashamed. The types of shows she had on around the time of the court case and also when she was having MJ's family on this last year was really suspicious for how it was timed. She could have had people on who were falsely accused but it was just the opposite.

Even so, I've been unsure of Oprah's intentions this past year. I'm not sure if she's trying to help clear MJ's name without coming out and saying she's doing that or if she's just trying to make money off of him. Time will tell because we know that truth will prevail in the end.

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

i'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate topic, but Oprah is re-airing her interview with the kids, Katherine and Joe on Monday. Why do you think she's doing this? Because it's close to a trial date?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

anewfan

Quote from: "mjfansince4"
i'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate topic, but Oprah is re-airing her interview with the kids, Katherine and Joe on Monday. Why do you think she's doing this? Because it's close to a trial date?

I think she has been re-airing a lot of her shows lately. I saw the molestation one was repeating the other day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

RunFaYaLife

When is her show supposed to go off of the air?
I figured that is why she has been doing repeats.......maybe?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfan

Quote from: "RunFaYaLife"
When is her show supposed to go off of the air?
I figured that is why she has been doing repeats.......maybe?

I thought I read somewhere that it will end in September.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal