everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Wil.i.am Director Intel. Connections?
January 27, 2011, 06:44:01 AM
Intel Says will.i.am Joins as Director of Creative InnovationJanuary 25, 2011, 1:25 PM EST
 More From Businessweek
e-mail this story print this story 0diggsdiggadd to Business Exchange By Ian King

Jan. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Intel Corp., the world’s largest chipmaker, said Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am will become a creative director, contributing music and helping in the development of devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets.

The Grammy Award-winning musician already has an Intel badge and was introduced today at the company’s internal sales and marketing conference in Anaheim, California.

Intel, known for its rows of identical grey cubicles and worldwide network of robot-filled factories, is trying to make sure its products stay at the center of future trends in technology. A relationship with will.i.am helps Intel marry entertainment and technology, according to Deborah Conrad, the company’s head of marketing.

“It’s imperative that Intel and our innovations are kept in front of the global youth culture that embraces new devices and new forms of communication and entertainment,” Conrad said.

Will.i.am will be involved in a multiyear “hands on creative and technology collaboration,” Santa Clara, California- based Intel said. The company isn’t giving any more details of the partnership.

The Black Eyed Peas have sold 29 million records and won 6 Grammy Awards, according to the band’s website. Will.i.am has also worked with Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Carlos Santana and Michael Jackson.

Intel’s chips run more than 80 percent of the world’s personal computers. The company is trying to parlay that dominance into a foothold in the faster-growing markets for smartphones and tablet computers.

Other technology providers have signed up rock stars to promote their products. Hewlett-Packard Co. enlisted singer Gwen Stefani in 2007 to help plug HP printers, online design programs and the Snapfish photo service.

--Editors: Lisa Wolfson, Jillian Ward

To contact the reporters on this story: Ian King in San Francisco at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wil.i.am has worked with Michael, but I believe there are still ties, thinking of Michael and technology innovation.

Now check this out:

[youtube:7bq8l02m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vDUxz2AFrM[/youtube:7bq8l02m]

Coincidence or not?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Serenitys_Dream

Re: Wil.i.am Director Intel. Connections?
January 27, 2011, 12:07:12 PM
That isn't actually Michael Jackson at the Intel Museum. That is someone who visited the museum, did some dancing, video taped it, added "thriller" music and then uploaded it to youtube. It is their imitation of Michael dancing.

[youtube:3ca92w5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSj-3EXtS9c[/youtube:3ca92w5s]

You can make an Intel commercial or something there. There are lots of videos like this one on youtube.

[youtube:3ca92w5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_f7ujP_kPw[/youtube:3ca92w5s]

[youtube:3ca92w5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7pj9_rf_eQ[/youtube:3ca92w5s]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Re: Wil.i.am Director Intel. Connections?
January 27, 2011, 05:33:48 PM
lol I was too quick with assumptions - I should have known better - before posting I'd better watch first the YT vid. It is a funny one though  :lol: . Anyway, I wanted to show possible ties between Wil.i.am and Michael concerning 3 D technology and innovation. I was just trying to connect some possible dots Michael - 3D games, movies and Wil.i.am - Intel 3D.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions