use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A personal assistant turned personal manager to Michael Jackson said the King of Pop had been taking propofol as early as 1999, and that the singer was drugged up ahead of his 2001 30th anniversary concerts.

Frank Cascio, who became a family friend to Jackson at age five and eventually one of the singer's closest friends and employees, writes in a new book that he first noticed Jackson taking the drug Demerol while accompanying the singer on his Dangerous tour in 1993.

In the book, My Friend Michael: An Ordinary Friendship with an Extraordinary Man, Cascio says Jackson started the first of two anniversary shows in 2001 an hour late as a result of being drugged up in his dressing room.

"... My naive belief that Michael wouldn't let his medicine interfere with the show blew up in my face," Cascio writes. "I can't begin to describe my disappointment and panic at this moment."

The Associated Press purchased an advance copy of the book, which is set for release on November 15 by William Morrow, an imprint of News Corp's HarperCollins.

Cascio became a friend of Jackson's after his father introduced him to the singer; Cascio's father worked at the Hemsley Palace in Manhattan, managing the hotel's towers and suites, where Jackson stayed. After that, a five-year-old Cascio and his younger brother Eddie spent time with Jackson at his Neverland Ranch.

He says Jackson was first introduced to Demerol in 1984 when he burned his head during a Pepsi commercial shoot, and Cascio writes he first noticed Jackson using the medicine on his Dangerous tour.

"Now, on tour, and again in deep physical pain, Michael turned back to those drugs," he wrote.

Cascio says Jackson also took propofol in 1999 in Munich when the singer was 15 metres in the air and instead of coming down slowly, the platform Jackson was on fell down. Cascio also writes that Jackson had taken Demerol to treat the skin disease vitiligo, and grew worried about his drug use.

"It had become clear to me that Michael's drug use was escalating," he wrote. Cascio said sometimes he paid doctors in cash "because all of Michael's medical issues had to be kept from the public and their cost off the books". He also said he had some of the prescriptions written out in his name.

"Over the years, I had grown accustomed to seeing doctors coming and going, particularly in late tours, when Michael was under great stress and needed help falling asleep."

Cascio said he wanted to seek out help, but didn't know who to turn to. Ahead of Jackson's 2001 anniversary shows, he said he spoke to Janet, Randy and Tito about their brother's drug use. He writes that Jackson's siblings approached him, but the singer "simply pushed them away".

The pop star's doctor, Conrad Murray, was convicted last week of involuntary manslaughter for supplying the insomnia-plagued Jackson with the powerful operating room anaesthetic propofol to help him sleep as he rehearsed for his big comeback.

"But in the end, physical and mental anguish prevailed, and Michael died in his endless quest to attain some inner peace," Cascio writes.

My Friend Michael also takes a look at some of Jackson's personal and professional moments, providing a somewhat behind-the-scenes insight into the King of Pop's life.

Cascio writes that he and Jackson "had gotten stoned on a few occasions up in the mountains", and that Jackson would drink wine out of juice bottles and soda cans.

Cascio and the singer grew close, and in 1993 when Jackson had been accused of child molestation charges, he asked the Cascio family to visit him in Israel while he was on tour. He later asked if the young boys could stay on tour with him.

"He went to my father and broke down crying," Cascio writes. "People might question my parents' judgment in sending two young boys off to spend time alone with a man who had been accused of molesting another boy. But to us, the suggestion that we were in any danger was completely absurd."

Jackson invited Cascio to work as his personal assistant a year after he graduated from high school. He later became the pop star's personal manager.

Throughout the book, Cascio writes that Jackson never had sex with children, but had a love for them and wanted to father 10 kids in total.

Cascio says Princess Diana was at the top of Jackson's list of women he wanted to date, and that Jackson made out with one of his fan club members.

"He tended to like tall, slender women whom I'd describe as nerdy in a sexy way," he writes.

Cascio also says Jackson used to claim that dancer and rapper Omer Bhatti, long rumoured to be his love child by a Norwegian woman, was his son, though Cascio did not believe him. Jackson later admitted that it wasn't true.

"By way of an explanation, Michael gave me the same reason he'd given for his marriages to Lisa Marie and Debbie Rowe. He needed to show the Saudi prince and the rest of the Arab business world that he had a family," Cascio writes.

When he worked as his personal manager, Cascio said he had to interfere when John McClain, now the co-executor of Jackson's estate, and the director of Jackson's You Rock My World music video, wanted the singer "to use makeup to darken Michael's skin for the video" and "to fill in his nose with putty". Cascio said Jackson locked himself in a bathroom and cried.

"They think I'm ugly?" Jackson asked. "They think I'm a freak, they think I'm a freak, they think I'm a freak."

^^That's so sad
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

anewfan

Here is what it said on the 2nd page of that article.......

“My Friend Michael” also takes a look at some of Jackson’s personal and professional moments, providing a somewhat behind-the-scenes look at the King of Pop’s life.

Cascio writes that he and Jackson “had gotten stoned on a few occasions up in the mountains,” and that Jackson would drink wine out of juice bottles and soda cans.

inShare

(Danny Moloshok, file/Associated Press) - FILE - In this Nov. 8, 2007 file photo, pop star Michael Jackson poses on the red carpet during the RainbowPUSH Coalition Los Angeles 10th annual awards in Los Angeles. Frank Cascio, a personal assistant turned personal manager to Michael Jackson said the King of Pop had been taking propofol as early as 1999, and that the singer was drugged up ahead of his 2001 30th anniversary concerts.

Cascio and the singer grew close, and in 1993 when Jackson had been accused of child molestation charges, he asked the Cascio family to visit him in Israel while he was on tour. He later asked if the young boys could stay on tour with him.

“He went to my father and broke down crying,” Cascio writes. “People might question my parents’ judgment in sending two young boys off to spend time alone with a man who had been accused of molesting another boy. But to us, the suggestion that we were in any danger was completely absurd.”

Jackson invited Cascio to work as his personal assistant a year after he graduated high school. He later became his personal manager.

Throughout the book, Cascio writes that Jackson never had sex with children, but had a love for them and wanted to father 10 kids in total.

Cascio says Princess Diana was at the top of Jackson’s list of women he wanted to date, and that Jackson made out with one of his fan club members.

“He tended to like tall, slender women whom I’d describe as nerdy in a sexy way,” he writes.

Cascio also said that Jackson used to claim that dancer and rapper Omer Bhatti, long rumored to be his love child by a Norwegian woman, was his son, though Cascio did not believe him. Jackson later admitted that it wasn’t true.

“By way of an explanation, Michael gave me the same reason he’d given for his marriages to Lisa Marie and Debbie Rowe. He needed to show the Saudi prince and the rest of the Arab business world that he had a family,” Cascio writes.

When he worked as his personal manager, Cascio said he had to interfere when John McClain, now the co-executor of Jackson’s estate, and the director of Jackson’s “You Rock My World” music video, wanted the singer “to use makeup to darken Michael’s skin for the video” and “to fill in his nose with putty.” Cascio said Jackson locked himself in a bathroom and cried.

“They think I’m ugly?” Jackson asked. “They think I’m a freak, they think I’m a freak, they think I’m a freak.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

anewfan

Here is what the cover of the book looks like.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
My front web page has the title..Michael Jackson had a crush on Lady Dianna......oh, at least that proves Michael was a full on hetrosexual as what man wouldn't have a crush on her.. /toldya/ /toldya/

By the way, Frank Cascios real name is Frank Tyson ....he had it changed...

How does this help the hoax if everyone around MJ are confirming he was a drug addict??

This will help lessen Murray's jail time????

This family has close ties to the Gotti Mafia family...something to keep an eye on.  God bless
Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:02:56 PM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

My take on all these books coming out now that Michael is "dead" is that each and every one of them have their own motives for their book and the motives in turn shape the content of the book. I still like to read them and I dont necessarily believe everything they say, I use my own judgement. One that has always gotten on my nerves though is Rabbi Schmuley Boteach, I cant put my finger on it but there's something off about him, I'm suspiscious of him. Perhaps Cascio is legit though, I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt at first, maybe he wanted to humanize Michael. I think if there is going to be a BAM's day it is important that the world develops a new understanding and respect of Michael and see him through new glasses, all the bad widespread opinions and beliefs must disappear if the BAM is to have it's proper and full effect.
 8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
I think I like the tone of this book.

It sounds more down to earth and real.

It reminds me of when Michael did his "Home Movies" video segment...."a peek inside what he was really like."

I also think the choice of cover was interesting (taken from the Memorial book).

We'll see, but I've got good vibes about this one! ::P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling

10 kids? ...let's see, he has 3 already ( 10 -3  = 7)  :lol:

.....Okay Frank we'll take your word for it  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think I like the tone of this book.

It sounds more down to earth and real.

It reminds me of when Michael did his "Home Movies" video segment...."a peek inside what he was really like."

I also think the choice of cover was interesting (taken from the Memorial book).

We'll see, but I've got good vibes about this one! ::P

Thank you for bringing up the memorial cover. It does bring this around full circle, doesn't it. I too try to give people the benefit of the doubt but am usually pretty cautious when I see things that don't add up. In the end truth is truth and it comes out so I'm confident the same will happen here.

Here are some comments that the family said on the Oprah show that contradict what is now being said.

Since Michael's death, there have been reports that Michael was addicted to drugs, but the Cascio family says they never saw any signs of drug abuse. "It was unfortunate to learn of the so-called problem or addiction that we now know he suffered from," Eddie says.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I just finished the book, THUMBS UP! It's a quick and easy read taking you inside a relationship from start to finish to start. I wonder if Mike ever wrote a book about his relationship with Diana Ross, if it would read like this. Reminds me of that sans the work portion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

finfin

Listen to this interview with Frank Cascio, very interesting  - he talks in present tense quite a bit. Also listen to towards end of interview when asked about whether he would have written the book if MJ had not passed  and he said no and "That was the DEAL"  suspicious// OMG! (thanks to @seekingtruthMJ on Twitter to pointing this out to me)  Also he says Michael was a messenger from God and I agree with this!!  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

Listen to this interview with Frank Cascio, very interesting  - he talks in present tense quite a bit. Also listen to towards end of interview when asked about whether he would have written the book if MJ had not passed  and he said no and "That was the DEAL"  suspicious// OMG! (thanks to @seekingtruthMJ on Twitter to pointing this out to me)  Also he says Michael was a messenger from God and I agree with this!!  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  :)

OMG Finfin thank you very much for the link!!! I just finisehd to watch it,and I'm in tears  :cry: .When Frank spoke about us,his fans I was kaput   :( . And they also spoke about fan's art work,wow,it will be si cool if this happens  8-)!!!!
Thank you again and take care!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

im wondering why....cascio said firstly that mj was not drug addicted...and now in his book he said that he was ...and he tells this stuff with accurate precision of dates and places.....another contraddiction!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MJonmind

Applehead I'm bumping your thread of the Frank Cascio book. I had watched the interview of him, but now have to get into the book. So thanks for the link   8)  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ! ;))
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:47:03 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
I'll be honest,I don't know how I feel about this yet.
I think throwing the charity donation idea/wish/plan in with it is to minimise the backlash he is going to get from Michael's fans about ANOTHER 'friend' writing about him,giving away private moments,making money off of him.

Yes,Michael would agree to giving proceeds to charity,of course but does Frank really need to use private memories,'memoirs' and never before seen pictures of him,attach Michael's name to it to do that?What's wrong with a private personal donation to the Haiti fund?

Unless Michael has given permission for him to write this book,which I really can't see him doing since he likes his privacy when he can get it,I don't see how it is any different to KF chatting shit on twitter or any other book written about him by an 'insider' 'friend' whatever.
I hope he has,and the book is justified and the donation to the charity is partly Michael's wish with Frank's.We shall see what happens between now and Fall....

I fully share your doubts!! especially after I read AppleHead's quote from this book, here on this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I kind of distrust people who talk about Michael as being paranoid or that he "had to be protected from himself!" Those are stupid things to say about Michael, especially in a book that you sell and gain profit out of it!
I doubt this man had good intentions when he wrote that book!
 >:(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MJonmind

David Gest claimed to be such a very close friend with MJ, and yet I was turned off by how it seemed to me he really didn't know him at all, always talking about MJ jumping women's bones and liking vaginas. :evil:
Then Conrad Murray (whoever he is ;) ) said he was MJ's "ONLY" trusted friend, told all of that super personal embarrassing health problems of MJ (I don't believe for 1 minute :lol: ).

So now we have Frank, just another one with another perspective.

What's with all MJ's close friends--they almost all feel like betrayers to me. Money... :roll: 
I'm hoping MJ's guiding or at least allowing these people to be creative, exaggerate a little for dramatic controversial effect.
Then as TS warns us to do, we have to study and sift through what is true or not. crash/

MJkate
liz taylor had a kleenex at the funeral...don`t know if that counts as a sob.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:44:33 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions