LoesTopic starter

Michael's visit to Marvel studio
January 29, 2011, 08:24:18 PM
Interesting video with adorable Michael.

I wonder what year this was (2009?).

I bet he learned a lot that day ...  ;)

[youtube:7asgfx6a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcWLO1HIgNk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:7asgfx6a]

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael's visit to Marvel studio
January 29, 2011, 08:44:48 PM
Quote from: "Loes"
Interesting video with adorable Michael.

I wonder what year this was (2009?).

I bet he learned a lot that day ...  ;)

[youtube:2elnoivk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcWLO1HIgNk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:2elnoivk]

Well, this was really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to know what year this was too - seems earlier than 2009...but IDK. They were talking of Michael as though he was a partner or somehow had a vested interest. Wasn't there discussion at one time that he was going to buy Marvel Comics or was that something else? These stories are running together. It was really nice to see him at ease around others. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

January 29, 2011, 08:47:21 PM
Okay - found this article. It looks like it was in 2005.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson: Comic Book Fan, Collector -- And Almost The Owner Of Marvel Comics

Posted 6/25/09 8:09 pm ET by Rick Marshall in Hot Stuff, Marvel, News

Michael JacksonAccording to late-breaking reports, pop icon Michael Jackson died today after suffering cardiac arrest. While various outlets have already posted remembrances of the star's prominent place in the worlds of music, movies and so many other elements of pop culture, it's worth noting that Jackson was also known to have a fondess for comic books that rivaled even the most obsessive fanboy.

From trips to the comic shop to a collection of some of the most impressive comics-related memorabilia around, Jackson made no secret of his affinity for comics -- going so far as to almost buy Marvel Comics in the late 1990s.

Michael Jackson - SupermanThose looking for proof of Jackson's love for comics need look no further than some of the items from his personal collection that were recently put up for auction. Along with a life-size, molded rubber Batman costume (fitted over a life-size replica of Jackson himself), Jackson's personal stash of comic book swag included a massive Superman statue, numerous life-size Spider-Man statues and a variety of other items die-hard comics fans would likely give up a limb to own.

Late last year, Jackson even dropped by Los Angeles comic book shop Golden Apple with his three children to pick up a pile of issues to add to his collection. Hidden behind a pair of massive sunglasses and veil, Jackson had his children wear masks on their way into the store to hide their identities -- including one mask designed to look like Mike Allred's "Madman" character. His appearance prompted a bit of a commotion, but reports claimed that both he and his children happily left with a stack of comics new and old.

Michael Jackson - MADOf course, if Jackson wasn't filling in spots in his collection during that trip to Golden Apple, he might've just been picking up a few more copies of the various comic books in which he appeared over the years. The pop star made cameos at various times in the parody magazines "MAD" and "Spoof," but also had cameos in a 1990 issue of "Disney Adventures," as well as in a 1985 issue of the "Longshot" miniseries published by Marvel Comics.

Possibly the most notable connection between Jackson and the comics world, however, is how close the star came to owning Marvel, one of the industry's "Big Two" publishers, in the late '90s. As chronicled by The Comics Journal in an August 2005 article, Jackson met with Stan Lee and Peter Paul of the newly formed Stan Lee Media to investigate the possibility of buying Marvel Comics.

Michael Jackson - Stan Lee/Marvel"After we built SLM into a public company with a market cap almost twice Marvel's, we talked with Michael Jackson about teaming up to buy Marvel," the article quotes Paul. "I have a videotape of Michael in our offices for over two hours, seeing what we were doing."

Jim Salicrup, a former Marvel editor who was a writer-editor for SLM during the Jackson meetings, told TCJ that at one point, Jackson asked Lee, "If I buy Marvel, you'll help me run it, won't you?"

While the deal eventually fell through, it certainly offers an interesting "What If?" scenario for comics fans -- and an indication of exactly how close the worlds of Jackson and comic books often overlapped.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

LoesTopic starter

January 30, 2011, 05:25:56 PM
Nice info ...  ;)

I wonder why Michael's comic book Fated isn't published yet.
It was planned for june 2010, but nothing happened.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

January 31, 2011, 11:36:31 AM
Really...How could this have been 2005? He was in a trial for the first half and then the second half Bahrain. Also he doesn't have the look with the straight hair etc. that he had from 2003 to 2005. It looks like his curly ponytail hair. It would be very interesting to know when this was. His demeanor was very calm and happy and interested and business like. It almost looks like around 1997/8/9 or so??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kim

January 31, 2011, 01:00:59 PM
Whoa! I like that video! Nice to see him like that :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

January 31, 2011, 01:35:33 PM
That's soooooooo cool....

Stills (7 trousers wanted...):
[attachment=1:3s2uctxl]7 trousers.jpg[/attachment:3s2uctxl]

Spider-Man - The Reporter
[attachment=0:3s2uctxl]The Reporter Spiderman 3D.jpg[/attachment:3s2uctxl]

Spider-Man "Reboot" coming into cinema on July 3, 2011,
starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Julianne Nicholson, Irrfan Khan, Annie Parisse.
But this was the original planned release date: 2012:

That's some unexpected speed-up... to July...  

Some of the making of the film:
[youtube:3s2uctxl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08uhebIMm80[/youtube:3s2uctxl]
And even TMZ knew about this:
[youtube:3s2uctxl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_5mYVk5ArM[/youtube:3s2uctxl]

And this is the amazing part (in view of the spider man in TII):
Boing Boing - A directory of wonderful things
Michael Jackson wanted to make "Spider Man" movie, says Stan Lee
Posted by Xeni Jardin, August 1, 2009 7:15 AM | permalink

MTV Splash Page blog editor Rick Marshall says, "I interviewed Stan Lee during Comic-con, and asked him about that late-'90s deal that almost had him and Michael Jackson buying Marvel Comics. During his response, he mentioned that Jackson wanted to buy the rights to Spider-Man so he could make a movie... or possibly to star in it?! It's an intriguing "What If?" scenario, if nothing else." Neat video of Mr. Lee's reply to that odd question is here: What If Michael Jackson Made 'Spider-Man'? Stan Lee Explains How It Almost Happened!

What If Michael Jackson Made 'Spider-Man'? Stan Lee Explains How It Almost Happened!

Posted 7/30/09 11:35 am ET by Rick Marshall in Hot Stuff, Marvel, News, Video

Last month, Michael Jackson's death prompted a recollection of how close he and Stan Lee came to buying Marvel Comics. The piece received quite a bit of attention, so when I had the chance to talk with Lee during this year's Comic-Con in San Diego, I had to ask the legendary co-creator of the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Hulk and countless other comic book superheroes about his professional and personal relationship with the King of Pop.

While Lee had kind words for the recently deceased pop culture icon, his mention of Jackson's interest in another of Lee's famous co-creations perked up my ears. In the grand tradition of Marvel Comics' famous series, Lee's response offered up a "What If?" tale involving Jackson and Spider-Man tailor-made for an alternate Marvel universe.

"I had been to his place in Neverland ... and he wanted to do Spider-Man," Lee told MTV News. "I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along."

According to Lee, Jackson had hoped to add ownership of Peter Parker and Co. to his already impressive collection of comics and comic book memorabilia.

"He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company," said Lee. "But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy."
Watch the video there.

How about leaving in cinema and coming back in cinema.
That would be sooooo cool...

:mrgreen:

(oh and does somebody else think the nose of Spider-Man is a little too little for being Mr. Garfield's? - Just kidding...)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Grace

January 31, 2011, 02:55:15 PM
I just noticed they did not speed up and cinema time is July 3, 2012.
My bad. Still I think the Michael and Marvel connection is cool.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

January 31, 2011, 02:58:44 PM
Quote from: "Loes"
Nice info ...  ;)

I wonder why Michael's comic book Fated isn't published yet.
It was planned for june 2010, but nothing happened.

It has been said that it's not published yet because there is no ending - apparently they were almost finished but didn't have the ending done (if my memory serves me correct). LOL. They'll finish it when Michael comes back.

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoesTopic starter

January 31, 2011, 05:44:31 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
It has been said that it's not published yet because there is no ending - apparently they were almost finished but didn't have the ending done (if my memory serves me correct). LOL. They'll finish it when Michael comes back.

Blessings :)

Oké, thank you.
It makes sense I think.
They just gave us a little peace of the hoax with Fated ...  ;)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions