finfinTopic starter

TRIAL WILL DECIDE MICHAEL JACKSON PAYOUT
January 30, 2011, 05:00:41 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

TRIAL WILL DECIDE MICHAEL JACKSON PAYOUT

Llyod's could escape a multi-million pound payout to the promoter of Michael Jackson’s tour
Sunday January 30,2011
By Geoff Ho  
LLOYD’S of London insurers will escape having to make a multi-million pound payout to the promoter of Michael Jackson’s ill-fated comeback tour if the singer’s personal physician is convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

The insurance policy taken out by AEG, owners of the O2 Arena where Jackson’s 50-date This Is It concert series was to take place, stipulates that a payout would only occur if the singer failed to perform due to an accidental death.

In the event of Dr Conrad Murray being convicted, the syndicate of Lloyd’s insurers behind the policy will not have to pay a penny, sources say.

Earlier this month, a judge ruled that the cardiologist would stand trial in Los Angeles over the death of the pop legend in June 2009. It is alleged he gave Jackson a lethal dose of an anaesthetic, mixed with other sedatives and then failed to provide proper care.

If convicted, Murray could face up to four years in jail. He has pleaded not guilty.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Re: TRIAL WILL DECIDE MICHAEL JACKSON PAYOUT
January 30, 2011, 05:44:30 AM
AEG, owners of the O2 Arena where Jackson’s 50-date This Is It concert series was to take place, stipulates that a payout would only occur if the singer failed to perform due to an accidental death.

In the event of Dr Conrad Murray being convicted, the syndicate of Lloyd’s insurers behind the policy will not have to pay a penny, sources say.

So does this mean AEG will not be re-imbursed for all the expenses incurred in preparing TII ????  But didn't they profit from the This is it movie profits ?????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

January 30, 2011, 09:31:51 AM
Quote from: "2good2btrue"
AEG, owners of the O2 Arena where Jackson’s 50-date This Is It concert series was to take place, stipulates that a payout would only occur if the singer failed to perform due to an accidental death.

So does this mean AEG will not be re-imbursed for all the expenses incurred in preparing TII ????  But didn't they profit from the This is it movie profits ?????

This was my understanding they did get some profit from TII. I have no clue anymore. This is really a movie, a twilight zone movie..  :lol: Nothing makes sense anymore. As soon you find something concrete, you feel you made a step forward something like this comes out and you feel you made 5 step backwards.. Oh well  we shall wait and see. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

suspicious mind

January 30, 2011, 11:48:32 AM
wonder if in a large payoff situation, espcially under these kinds of circumstances if insurance companies do some investigating of their own?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 30, 2011, 03:39:45 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
wonder if in a large payoff situation, espcially under these kinds of circumstances if insurance companies do some investigating of their own?

Oh, you BETCHA they do!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

January 30, 2011, 05:00:02 PM
Quote from: "heisinme09"
Quote from: "suspicious mind"

Oh, you BETCHA they do!!!

Absolutely they do. But here, if Murray gets convicted, then depending on the laws upon which the insurance was issued, they still may end up with court over the payout. Probably they can use Murray trial verdict as an argument, but still if the payout is taken to court, then the court will decide whether involuntary manslaughter is an accident as defined under the insurance. This does not need to be that simple.

I am not also sure if the profits from This is it movie can be combined with insurance payout just like that. This I guess would also depend on the wording of the policy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions