~Souza~Topic starter

Dr. Murray's Defense: MJ Was In Failing Health
February 10, 2011, 03:26:04 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "curls"
2/8/2011 12:55 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson was in such a weakened state before he died ... it's unfair to blame his death on Propofol ...and we've learned this is precisely what lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray will argue to a jury.

Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ ... Dr. Murray's team will argue that at the time of his death, Jackson's body was failing him ... partly because he  was "driven over the edge" by AEG to rehearse for his upcoming tour.

We're told Murray's lawyers will call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals -- and when he did show, he was exhibiting "clear signs" of failing health.

The upshot of the defense ... even if jurors believe Dr. Murray administered the fatal dose of Propofol, Jackson was already in failing health.

But as TMZ has already reported ... Dr. Murray's lawyers will argue Jackson himself administered the fatal dose of Propofol to himself when Murray was out of the room.

The trial begins in April.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "GINAFELICIA"
HE WAS IN POOR HEALTH than how he passed a 3 hours medical examination?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "mdc"
It doesn't seem to me that this would help his defense. Why would you give someone in already failing health propofol? It doesn't make any sense. Murray has had a hundred different stories. I wonder if he even remembers which one he's telling from day to day.

On another note, the story right after this one with Halle Berry and her baby daddy arguing over whether or not their child Nahla is "Black or White" made me think of the MJ song. lol  Also interesting because you can see in the MJ picture in the "failing health" article his chest is darker where they didn't cover it with makeup.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "Elsa"
Wasn't it Dr Murray's job to determine if Michael was fit to rehearse?  Isn't that why he was hired? (humour me) Kenny Ortega said in the Prelim that Dr Murray and others let him know on June 20 that it wasn't his position to let Michael leave the rehearsal on June 19 - Dr Murray said he was fine to have been there.  

mdc I agree. If Michael was already weak that's more reason for Dr M not to be giving him powerful sedatives dangerously combined with incompatible medications, without adequate equipment and monitoring.  So any arrows aimed at AEG with these arguments are only going to turn and hit Dr Murray.  Guess that's the plan.  

'it's unfair to blame his death on propofol'.  :roll:  True.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "maria-c"
aaaaaaahh,  Poor health and Michael planed all this?  :roll:  :sleep:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

We're told Murray's lawyers will call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals -- and when he did show, he was exhibiting "clear signs" of failing health.

who will call?, Karen? :bball:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "scorpionchik"
"We're told Murray's lawyers will call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals -- and when he did show, he was exhibiting "clear signs" of failing health."

Or maybe Michael did  not plan having concert therefore he would not rehearse properly or coming to rehearsals at all?

:P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "curls"

who will call?, Karen? :bball:

Sorry folks, but when I read this all I could think about was 'Who you gonna call?' ' Ghostbusters!'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

maria-c wrote:
Quote:

who will call?, Karen?  

Sorry folks, but when I read this all I could think about was 'Who you gonna call?' ' Ghostbusters!'

:lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
what about the dancers? thing is so far everyone else connected with tii has said he was in good shape. of course they weren't risking going to jail then either.

something else that stands out for me is when kenny talks about michael saying things about not sleeping. it has the feel of this is really not that bad a thing for michael , he is flying high on the moment . that it is part of his creative process not something to be medicated away. does it come across to anyone else that way?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "2good2btrue"
I don't buy this story (coverup) at all.

In my opinion, it will be Dr Arnie Klein that will be charged, not Dr Murray !!

But all that will come to light during the trial.

Arnie was the problem.! It was first reported that Michael would leave Kleins office, "spaced out" and "high" on demerol..That is why AEG demanded MJ stop seeing him, and only be managed by Murray.

I believe there is more to this coverup, and it will all come out very soon.....during the trial.

Dont be surprised when Klein and Debbie Rowe are called to the stand, .

Even Debbie Rowe dobbed on Klein to the FBI, and stated that it was him who first had MJ hooked on demerol and propofol.  

That's why TMZ interviewed him.   :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :sunny:  :sunny:

This is the link to the original article, and worth a look at:

Michael's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, is being investigated for manslaughter over the singer's death, which is now being treated as homicide.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's office is currently sorting through discrepancies in Murray's story of events leading up to the death.

His statement says he administered Propofol to Michael at 10.40am and left 10 minutes later to use the bathroom. He claims he discovered an unconscious Michael two minutes later.

However, Murray did not ask security to call emergency services until 12.21pm, after he had reportedly telephoned Klein for advice, called a lawyer and made one other mystery call.Because of an inconsistency in the late star's body temperature, it is believed he could have died even earlier.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "LovelyLurker"
Are we suprised???? This is DEFENSE. This is all he has for a defense. This is not the worst to come for the trial and all that.

There will be much more crap coming down the pipeline as Murray needs a defense.

As far as I am concerned there is no defense against incompetance but Lawyers are Lawyers and if they want to be paid to defend Murray they need to grasp at some very pathetic straws.

Be prepared for much more crap like " he injected himself" etc. as this it what defense is.

Paid Lawyers need to dig deep for crap that will make them look like they are making thier mioney for the people who hired them........ and by the way........how does Murray hire Lawyers with no money and no practise........what I want to know is    WHO is paying this man;s Lawyers..... just my opinion........Ohhhhh where did the emotocons go ?????  oh the emotocons show up in edit sessions  :scratch:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

this makes my day. The Autopsy Report didn`t say he was in failing health. So it`s got to be a fake or Murray wouldn`t be able to use that as a legit defense.

Let`s say MJ really was in failing health...

1) the autopsy report wouldn`t have said he was as healthy as is did so it`s fake and he didn`t die
2) he wouldn`t have been able to dance and sing and be in tip top form those last 2 nights at rehearsal
3) his doctor wouldn`t be giving him propofol every night, he would be treating what ailed him instead

Let`s say MJ was in fine health

1) those around him wouldn`t have been worried about his health, sending letters and having meetings
2) he wouldn`t have needed iv`s, oxygen, propofol etc.
3) he wouldn`t have died because he wouldn`t have needed the propofol

So the way I am looking at it, it has to be one of the 2 above and they even though they are in complete contradiction...either one is fine with me because he didn`t die  in either one and there is no other option. He was either sick or he wasn`t.

Also surely by stating this as a defense, mainstream people will pick up on fact that the autopsy report is inconsistent and this will need to be discussed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think that Murray has minced his words to fit his current situation regarding Michael and propofol.  It is apparent to me that Michael asked for propofol by name because he was accustomed to getting it when he was in the hospital, thus knowing it would allow him to rest.  He wasn’t asking for it because he was “addicted” to it because number one, it is not addictive.  That’s Murray talking out of ignorance.  Michael was willing to hire and pay Murray that kind of money because he was that generous type ofperson who knows the value of someone’s time.  He knew he needed someone to SIT BY HIS BEDSIDE WHILE HE WAS UNDER THE DRUG for what ever time he was down.  That’s why he was willing to pay him that amount.  Not for getting and administering the drug, but for the down time needed in order for him to be safe while under.  If Michael was so much of an addict as they are trying to convince everybody, he would have asked for other drugs by name just so he could get his high on. He only asked for profofol, because that’s what he knew. The other drug cocktails that Murray alleges he was giving to him to “wean him off” of a drug you really had no need to be weaned off of in the first place is because HE DECIDED to test them out trying to find a similar affect but without committing him to sit there while Michael slept.  Michael never said he needed to be weanedoff any drugs, Murray did.  But propofol has no addictive ualities from what I’ve read.  I would be wlling to bet that Michael NEVER EVEN KNEW or suspected that Murray was substituting and adding all this other crap in his iv.  He had put his whole faith in Murray as well he should have at the rate he was being paid.  A sure thing!  Had Murray been smart, he would have done his research and known the ill affects of a couple of those meds he was experimenting with.  One being respiratory distress.  Mixed with propofol which also has the same danger, well my my :roll:

I don’t know where this whole thing will end up but this trial is going to be a joke.  I only hope the prosecution does its homework and nails his ass to the cross, even if it is “just for entertainment”.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

I thought the trial started in March?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions