GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Quote from: "paula-c"
Can a person receiving anesthesia all nights, several hours and be very well to the next day, :?:  this is something logical :!:  :?:

I know for a long time that it is not recomended to have many anesthesias all the time, I know doctors told us so when my grandfather had to go through some surgeries.
I can not imagine how Michael could have survived for years to such a life style with propofol every night.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Quote from: "Elsa"
MJ was such a hard-core addict that he conducted one interview with a Dr who had given him Propofol only four times in two years, and then didn't follow-up?  Is that the story?

And then the hunt for the 'Perfect Anesthesiologist' ended with Dr Murray - a cardiologist.

Right!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Fasting is required before anesthesia, but fluid was found in his stomach.

This has been bothering me for a while. In the autopsy report, a brown fluid was found in the contents of his stomach.

Yet, it is a well known fact, the people need to fast before general anesthetic.

Also, the taste of propofol is disgusting:

What happens if you drink propofol?
Well, to start with, it would taste nasty. It has a smell that's reminiscent of industrial chemicals, and it's oily. Yuk. I think that ingestion of a significant amount of it would cause vomiting.

It is not supposed to be pharmacologically active when taken orally (as compared to fospropofol, which is). I don't know anyone who has tried it. We don't use orally administered drugs in anesthesia because the absorption is unpredictable, it takes too long to get an effect, it's not titratable, and we are very particular about keeping stomachs empty, so as to avoid aspiration.I doubt oral administration of propofol has been studied, as that is not how it is meant to be used. (The prescribing literature states that the effects are unknown, and that is in relation to its excretion in breast milk and possible effect on nursing infants.)

In contrast, we know a lot about injecting it. A little bit will get you drowsy. A little bit more will cause you to lose consciousness. A little bit more than that will cause you to stop breathing. How much those bits are varies from person to person. I've given propofol to many, many thousands of patients, and sometimes I get surprised by how it affects someone. However, I have the equipment and skills to take care of any problems that arise.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If MJ was so well read, then how could he risk his life like this ???  I'm sure he knew the harm it could do to his body and especially to those around him.
The only explaination for his ignorance and selfishness, is that this is a hoax.  Even marajuana would be safer and more acceptable.

Patients have woken up from anesthetic with demetia or brain damage and some don't even wake up at all.  '

Drinking it, would not have the same effect, and the effects would be unpredicatable.

It doesn't work as effectively, so therefore, MJ would have been still awake when Murray came back from the toilet....Hmmmmmmmmmmm
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Propofol was one of the very first signs back in July of 09 to me that this was a hoax.

Propofol is not a narcotic, not a controlled substance, not a prescription drug, it is not illegal to have, use, buy, or administer anywhere by anyone... but it can cause death and it's use in the home for insomnia is very weird but very not illegal. It made the whole bizarre situation super bizarre. It is perfect for a Michael Jackson death hoax.

Remember, first reports were that MJ died of a broken heart (heart attack/cardiac arrest). It was the after stories that turned it into a drug overdose. We don't even know that Murray gave MJ any drugs at all. The only statement Murray has made (through his lawyers) is that he didn't give MJ anything that should have killed him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

At some point people in the wider world are going to have to start asking themselves how this image of MJ as a hard-core drug addict does not tie up with the man almost everyone who ever worked with him or knew him describes. Tabloid gossip v personal accounts - I know which one I believe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec, it is illegal to inject at home any medication in the USA, ecpecially Propofol that intended for only hospital use. Exception is when patient under the family doctor supervision gets injection at home by licensed nurse for diabetis and alike illness that require daily necessary treatment. Propofol, on the other hand, is a medication that cannot be even prescribed to buy in pharmacies. The manufacturer supplies propofol and alike drugs directly to hospitals. Therefore pharmacy that provided propofol to Murray was undergone the investigation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

bec

I haven't seen any evidence in 19 months to prove any of your statements scorpionchick. On the contrary I have done my own research which has repeatedly yielded the opposite conclusion.

Propofol is not a prescription drug so of course you can't get a prescription for it. But that doesn't make it illegal. Not all substances are prescription. Some are over the counter, some are medical supply only. Anesthesia isn't a controlled substance or a prescription drug or a narcotic. It's unique in it's classification. It is not illegal to obtain, you just need the proper paperwork. Propofol is used outside of hospital settings all the time, because it is legal to do so. It's not unusual to be used for cosmetic surgery "parties" in homes, not to mention dentist offices, planned parenthood type establishments, etc. You could call it a loophole I suppose. Murray buying Propofol and having it in Michael's home was quite legal. Even if he did administer it to someone that also is quite 100% perfectly legal.

Applied Pharmacy was listed on a search warrant, indeed, but not listed in any indictments because they didn't do anything wrong by selling Propofol and other medications to Dr. Murray. It's not illegal for them to sell medications to him, or anyone else with the proper paperwork. They were listed on the search warrant to discover the volume and varieties of medications Murray was purchasing. Everything checked out because it's all legal.

Murray is not facing any charges associated with Propofol or any other drugs because it was all 100% legal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

Quote from: "bec"
Remember, first reports were that MJ died of a broken heart (heart attack/cardiac arrest). It was the after stories that turned it into a drug overdose. We don't even know that Murray gave MJ any drugs at all. The only statement Murray has made (through his lawyers) is that he didn't give MJ anything that should have killed him.

Yes, Bec, the first reports are interesting. I was looking back at the TMZ articles of the first couple of days, noticing in particular how they describe their 'sources' - 'we've just learned', 'we're told', 'close member of the family told us', 'according to sources close to the situation', 'has just received', 'we've obtained'.

One that jumped out at me was (on 26th June): A law enforcement source says the doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.  Strange that they could say that when the doctor was missing at the time and hadn't yet been interviewed!

Cardiac arrest, (late and lethargic for 24th rehearsal), Demerol injection/OD? (Pepsi burns/trial, addiction to pain killers), Morphine OD (family wanted rehab), daily injections of Demerol, had 'too much' at 11.30am 25th, Doctor gave injection before MJ died, medics wanted to pronounce him dead at scene but Murray refused, CPR, 911 call, huge pharmacy bills ...... and that's just from TMZ in the first 24 hours from these highly reputable 'sources'!

Oh, and regarding the legality or not of Propofol, I understood that was why the story changed from Demerol to Propofol, because Demerol would've been illegal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Elsa

Dr David Adams - I tried to find him here at The American Board of Anesthesiology. I don't think its required for anesthesiologists to be certified but I would have thought he would be.
Is he one of these?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Anesthesiology is an speciality and they go under the medical board of registered Doctors.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal