You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Posted on Feb 15, 2011
The lawyer who helped win Michael Jackson’s acquittal on child molestation charges is considering asking a Los Angeles judge to stop another attorney from being added to the legal team of the pop star’s former doctor, who is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter.

Nareg Gourjian is joining forces with Conrad Murray’s lawyers Ed Chernoff and Michael Flanagan, who are preparing to defend the doctor at trial, beginning on March 24.
Gourjian is a former of associate of Mark Geragos, a lawyer known for high-profile criminal cases, including Chris Brown's domestic violence charge and the trial of Scott Peterson, who was convicted of killing his wife.

Herein lies the problem, as RadarOnline.com has learned.

Gourijian was also an associate of Geragos' law firm and worked on Jackson’s successful defense during the late singer’s infamous 2005 trial, where he stood accused of seven counts of child molestation and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent to a 13-year-old male.
Gregaros is so concerned that a former member of his team, who was privy to the King of Pop’s personal information, is now working to defend the man accused of killing him.

“Mark is concerned about the conflict of interest because Nareg worked on Michael's molestation defense,” the source told RadarOnline.com.  
“Nareg was privy to details about Michael Jackson's life that were never made public.
“This is very, very bothersome to Geragos.

“Mark is considering filing paperwork with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor stating he believes there is an obvious conflict of interest.

“Nareg knows that Mark is concerned about this."
Murray is accused of responsibility for the pop icon's death on June 25, 2009 by administering an overdose of the powerful sedative Propofol, with which Jackson was being treated to help him to sleep.
There is a pretrial hearing in Dr. Conrad Murray's case this afternoon, but the embattled doctor won't be there.
Geragos could appear in person at the hearing to detail his concerns to Judge Pastor.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfan

Do you think this is something to delay the trial? Or will the trial happen on March 28th no matter what? (I don't know much about the legal/court process, unfortunately.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

Jeeze, there are no more lawyers in LA county. Everything goes to the same circle and ends up with Michael connection. Is this NAreg did not know there is a conflict of interest when they approached him? Morons. I don't think this will delay trial. Nareg G. will not be retained.
Who pays to these lawyers of Conrad anyway?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Yep......can you say trial delay?!?!?!??! I can almost bet this will be the case!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

This is VERY FUNNY! How can he possibly have a conflict of interest?! If he has one, that's just his persnal issue or that of Murray, but NOT of the counterparty - they cant object to that, only way they could is if G. was gonna TRY/hear the case as a judge- THAT is a conflict. Either this is a scam or it's a funny strategy of the prosecution team, although I have no idea what they're tryin to achieve.I expect the judge to dismiss it within 10mins of filing.If not, I shall go back to law school LOL. If there's any US lawyer on here Id like to hear their opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions