The man is amazing.... that's all I gotta say.....
Nope... actually that's not all I gotta say...
One more thing...

[youtube:2tpy3hce]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvedKokxvmg[/youtube:2tpy3hce]

Well done Michael.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
So whats up with Branca then ???

Taaj2001 twittered this   .....

Branca you certainly are doing your job FOR $$ONY, instead of paying off debts, you increase collaterol!!! WTF
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "fordtocarr"
Again...RIGHT ON!!
Great Michael move.  He cuts out the middle man, and so, SONY now will pay him royalties, and Sony gets paid to do so, by him.  It's a circle.  He's paying himself.  Just moving the monies around.
Mijac music.
Sony collects the royalties.  
Sony pays Mijac the royalties.
Mijac pays Sony to collect  it.
Mijac music is Michael.  
Sony/Atv is also Michael.
Just moving monies :)

Thank you ford, this made it easy to understand!  :D

NOW, I get it finally!!! hahaha
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

Quote from: "2good2btrue"
So whats up with Branca then ???

Taaj2001 twittered this   .....

Branca you certainly are doing your job FOR $$ONY, instead of paying off debts, you increase collaterol!!! WTF

Branca had to have arranged this as he works for Michael.  Didn't he arrange the original deal with Sony and ATV?  I think so.  It sounds like they were going to use the Michael lp to pay off some loans, maybe to Sony, and now that Mijac is moving Sony, they will get paid to collect royalties on his songs, so they make more money than just on a loan (Sony) and Michael get more money to be just paying himself and not Warner, plus they have Warner music as collateral and collect on other artists also.
IF they buy Warner...which I've read that they just may cut Warner out as the value of them isn't so much without Mijac, and move on to acquire BMI, which is huge. Either way Mijac moving to Sony/Atv is a very good thing for Michael, unless they exercise a clause I've read about..which Michael's portion could be absorbed my Sony...I need to read more on that one..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ok.....this appears to be a good thing, from what some have said....but I'm still confused with the positions of Sony and Branca with Michael, so I'm looking for anybody who could share some insight. It could be that I'm not remembering some things that have been uncovered, or the opinions most seem to share about the two, as there has been a MOUNTAIN of information to process over the last many months, so please bear with my possible misunderstanding.....that's what I'm looking to you intellects for....to help gain understanding.

Weren't we at one point thinking that Sony was front and center in the thought process of "those who were trying to take Michael down"?  And this also included Branca, who appeared (at least to us beLIEvers) to be working with Sony, but, as an attorney for the estate, would "appear" to really be working for Micheal (or the estate)?  So wouldn't that make them "the bad guys"??????  We know about Branca being fired, not turning over the will, then supposedly being re-hired, and having a/THE will, which most suggested was not a valid will, which was sort of contested but not really (Katherine and Randy), suggesting some shady things going on.

But....this new arrangement of the music catalogs appears to indicate that Branca could be helping Michael (hhhhmmmmm.....the estate) gain more financial control over his music.  Is this more shady dealings for his own benefit (and Sony), or is he maybe part of a plan for a TAKE OVER of Sony music that he and Michael could be working on......

So if there is a take over of Sony music in place, and Micheal is spearheading the project, ("out-thinking them") eventually Michael could be calling alot of the shots within the Sony music business, allowing him to run the business with integrity and honesty and allowing artists to be treated with respect and some freedom.

The statement that Michael made in This Is It, "We have 4 years to get it right...." has always bugged me. It never made sense, and still is VERY confusing because it could refer to different things...Do you think it could refer to a possible take over of Sony music, taking 4 years to accomplish?

Is Sony music headed for new ownership??? (complete ownership)
Who is Branca really working for?
Is this catalog arrangement a good thing for Michael?
Could we have one more thing to have to figure out, cuz the ba-zillion things so far have not been enough.........(*MacCaully-hands-to-the-face-aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!*)

My head hurts.......

Help!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "tylerjo608"
Ok.....this appears to be a good thing, from what some have said....but I'm still confused with the positions of Sony and Branca with Michael, so I'm looking for anybody who could share some insight. It could be that I'm not remembering some things that have been uncovered, or the opinions most seem to share about the two, as there has been a MOUNTAIN of information to process over the last many months, so please bear with my possible misunderstanding.....that's what I'm looking to you intellects for....to help gain understanding.

Weren't we at one point thinking that Sony was front and center in the thought process of "those who were trying to take Michael down"?  And this also included Branca, who appeared (at least to us beLIEvers) to be working with Sony, but, as an attorney for the estate, would "appear" to really be working for Micheal (or the estate)?  So wouldn't that make them "the bad guys"??????  We know about Branca being fired, not turning over the will, then supposedly being re-hired, and having a/THE will, which most suggested was not a valid will, which was sort of contested but not really (Katherine and Randy), suggesting some shady things going on.

But....this new arrangement of the music catalogs appears to indicate that Branca could be helping Michael (hhhhmmmmm.....the estate) gain more financial control over his music.  Is this more shady dealings for his own benefit (and Sony), or is he maybe part of a plan for a TAKE OVER of Sony music that he and Michael could be working on......

So if there is a take over of Sony music in place, and Micheal is spearheading the project, ("out-thinking them") eventually Michael could be calling alot of the shots within the Sony music business, allowing him to run the business with integrity and honesty and allowing artists to be treated with respect and some freedom.

The statement that Michael made in This Is It, "We have 4 years to get it right...." has always bugged me. It never made sense, and still is VERY confusing because it could refer to different things...Do you think it could refer to a possible take over of Sony music, taking 4 years to accomplish?

Is Sony music headed for new ownership??? (complete ownership)
Who is Branca really working for?
Is this catalog arrangement a good thing for Michael?
Could we have one more thing to have to figure out, cuz the ba-zillion things so far have not been enough.........(*MacCaully-hands-to-the-face-aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!*)

My head hurts.......

Help!

Great, great questions Tylerjo. I could be way off base but I will share what my research and gut feeling have me thinking after these 20 months.

I do believe that Branca is working for Michael. I think they probably worked out any problems they've had. I also think he was hired back before "the death" specifically to help on the legal and financial side of this. I'm not sure if Branca knew before being hired back but my feeling is that he has to know the truth.  Nobody can deny what an excellent legal council he is and how he's managed to help Michael.

I also believe you have a valid point with BACK's comment of "A TAKEOVER" or Michael's comment of "they didn't think that this perform would outhink them". Both of these comments indicate a long term plan/process where Sony is one of the targets.

I think that Michael has patched some, maybe all of his personal disagreements with people at Sony but what keeps standing out to me is that Michael can separate friendship with business. Look at Paul McCartney for an example. "It's just good business" as Michael has said in regards to the Beatles catalog. It wouldn't matter how good of a relationship he had with leaders at Sony he was deeply disturbed at how the artists, black artists in particular, were/are treated. They make the music companies millions/billions of dollars yet some of them have to perform well into retirement years or else they'd be broke. Michael spoke of this during his gripe with Sony. Michael is also in a rare position where he can do something about it. No other artist has the power over the music industry like Michael does. If anyone can change the way artists are treated it will be Michael.

I saw an excellent video recently (can't remember from whom) where it was explained that Michael has been buying up shares of Sony Corporation (not just music). By doing this he is gaining a major control not only in the music part of Sony buy as a major stockholder of the whole company. Since Sony Corp is a publicly owned company Michael won't be able to own it by himself but if he's a major stockholder he certainly will hold a lot of power. To me, this is an excellent strategy. I can't wait for the next part of that video to come out as there is promised more information on this.

So, Michael, with his lawyers help is gaining control back not only of his music but it's my belief that in the end he will treat all of these artists fairly by giving them more creative control, etc.

The comment "4 years to get it right" has bothered me too. I don't think he was referring to the end of the world, like some have claimed. I believe it's the window of opportunity (whenever he really said that - 2008?) he believes he has - his educated guess.

As far as MiJac going to Sony - I don't see it as anything but positive for Michael. I would like to know if, as mentioned, Sony can absorb Michael's portion since he is already part-owner. I hope not.

These are my thoughts - Maybe I'm too hopeful but I think Michael is in full control of what is happening and I'm anxious to see what else transpires with Michael and Sony/Atv. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I'm stilllllll researching this one...but someone tell me, wasn't most of the Sony stuff with Michael with TOMMY Matolla, and Tommy is not with Sony since 2003..sooooooo maybe things are looking up for Michael :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm stilllllll researching this one...but someone tell me, wasn't most of the Sony stuff with Michael with TOMMY Matolla, and Tommy is not with Sony since 2003..sooooooo maybe things are looking up for Michael :)

So if Sony now own half of Michael's half...then Michael owns a quarter?  
Plus I found this on wikipedia..

n 2006 Sony obtained an option to buy half of Jackson's stake in the company at any time for a fixed price of $250M. Sony has not exercised the option.

So you have to wonder, with Michael "gone" for over a year and a half, why Sony hasn't the other half.  And in the time, gave Michael the biggest recording contract in history, and now, with this other possible buy, it really makes me feel, either Michael is really negotiating, or Branca is quite the business man for Michael, because surely Sony would've obtained this other half, it about money bottom line.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:18:31 -0600
To: Jeff *****
Subject: Michael Jackson/Mijac

Jeff:

I understand that you are being asked a lot of questions about Mijac.

Yes, there is a matching right that Michael granted to Sony/ATV but they only get to administer the catalog for a limited term AND only if they agree to unprecedented favorable terms. We will not relinquish ultimate control and ownership to anyone. We have favorably refinanced the loans on Mijac which will be paid off and the catalog WILL absolutely be passed to Michael's children as long as we have anything to say about it.

Sony/ATV is a great company and the Estate owns half of it but no one, not even Sony/ATV, will ever own Mijac while John McClain and I remain in charge.

The current Sony team is the one Michael chose to work with on the Thriller 25 release and they are good partners. As stated in the recent court filings, they worked with us to refinance the burdensome debt that had been placed on Michael's interest in Sony/ATV to very favorable terms, an important achievement which insures that Mijac and Michael’s masters remain secure for the benefit of Michael's children for years to come.

I would appreciate your sharing this with the fans that are asking questions.

Thanks – John

John Branca
Co-Executor
The Estate Of Michael Jackson
Los Angeles, CA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

------ Forwarded Message

Jeff:

Yes, there is a matching right that Michael granted to Sony/ATV but they only get to administer the catalog for a limited term AND only if they agree to unprecedented favorable terms. We will not relinquish ultimate control and ownership to anyone. We have favorably refinanced the loans on Mijac which will be paid off and the catalog WILL absolutely be passed to Michael's children as long as we have anything to say about it.

Sony/ATV is a great company and the Estate owns half of it but no one, not even Sony/ATV, will ever own Mijac while John McClain and I remain in charge.

The current Sony team is the one Michael chose to work with on the Thriller 25 release and they are good partners. As stated in the recent court filings, they worked with us to refinance the burdensome debt that had been placed on Michael's interest in Sony/ATV to very favorable terms, an important achievement which insures that Mijac and Michael’s masters remain secure for the benefit of Michael's children for years to come.

Thanks – John

John Branca
Co-Executor
Los Angeles, CA

THANK YOU for sharing this with us! This is exactly what we thought - and it's great news for sure. Blessings!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

You are welcome :)))
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RunFaYaLife

Taaj2001 twittered this .....

Sounds like a Jackson wants a bigger "piece of the pie" to me...aka...sour grapes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
------ Forwarded Message

Jeff:

Thanks – John

John Branca
Co-Executor
Los Angeles, CA

THANK YOU for sharing this with us! This is exactly what we thought - and it's great news for sure. Blessings!

EXCELLENT...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Out think them MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

NOthing yet...bidding is low...Sony prob. could swoop in and scoop this up.  Without Michael's music though, the royalties are much lower...

Warner bids a bit low
Execs 'disappointed'

By CLAIRE ATKINSON and MARK DECAMBRE

Last Updated: 1:05 AM, March 8, 2011

Posted: 12:41 AM, March 8, 2011
Comments: 0
More Print

Warner Music Group, which hired Goldman Sachs earlier this year to shop the company, is disappointed by the low-ball bids it has received so far for its prized Warner Chappell music publishing business, according to two senior music industry executives.

Sources close to Warner say that several bidders are moving through to the second round and that they've had bids around $1.5 billion, considered the low end, and at the higher end, in the $2 billion range.

Warner denied the bids were low, saying it had received a range of bids.

This is especially souring for WMG because executives and investors in the firm believe the music publishing arm is the better of the two business segments.

Warner's shares closed yesterday at $5.88, down 2.6 percent, putting the music company's market cap at just north of $900 million.

"No one is coming up with the prices," said one source close to the process, who added that it appears to be mainly financial players, rather than big music companies, that are leading the bidding. While reports suggest that WMG received more than 10 bids it appears that the big strategics -- such as Universal and Sony -- would only pursue pieces of Warner Music.

WMG will hold a high-level board meeting this week to decide how to proceed, sources told The Post.

One source suggested that the majority of board members, who include Warner's main backer Thomas H. Lee Partners, faced with the disappointing bids for Chappell, want to proceed with a sale of the whole company. Meanwhile, Warner CEO, Edgar Bronfman wants to sell only publishing in order to proceed with a long-held desire to buy EMI.

"The majority of the board is pushing Edgar to not just offer Warner Chappell, the publishing business," to prospective buyers, said this person. "Now is the time to get out and get the money -- but Edgar is pushing back."

A WMG source disagreed, saying Bronfman didn't have a problem with a sale of the entire company.

The true intentions of the owners are hard to discern since how they proceed will be dictated by the best bids. But the lack of clarity is causing some headaches. "It is a [messy] show," said one, adding that KKR was kicked out of the bidding because they low balled.

A source close to billionaire entrepreneur, Len Blavatnik, indicated he had not made a bid despite previous reports to the contrary.

Universal Music Group is expected to this week submit an expression of interest in parts of Warner's recorded business, said a source close to the talks. A spokesman declined comment.

Another said Sony was in a much better position with regard to its bid now that former Universal executive Doug Morris just signed on to run Sony Music. Sony is also said to be interested in parts of the company. Meanwhile another name, Guggenheim Partners, emerged as an interested party.

A source close to WMG said the entire sale process was expected to conclude within the next three weeks.

Neither Sony nor Universal have so far made a bid.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions