Quote from: "everlastinglove_MJ"
@ Supervision

Comparing Yugoslavia to LibyaIn the 1990s, “pack (or) advocacy journalism” substituted for the real kind, including by promoting the 1999 US-led NATO war of aggression to complete Yugoslavia’s long-planned balkanization, characterized as “humanitarian intervention,” the same theme repeated now.

Yes, I’m afraid that the statement “humanitarian” intervention will be used as an excuse by the US and NATO to justify their intervention acts in Libya.

I so agree! With this they shut mouths of anyone who thinks differently. Like, "We're here purely with humanitarian motives, how DARE you think we're here with any other motive! (like oil, natural resources, privatizing i.e. owning the country etc.)". It's like a shield. Just like priesthood has protected several child molestors.
The more I've listened / read the mainstream news, with all the repetitive rant of how crazy Gadaffi is, the more clear it is that we're only presented one side of the coin.

Libyans must now liberate themselves, independent of Western powers wanting to exploit them for their own self-interest.
Quote from: "everlastinglove_MJ"
Exactly!

I doubt they manage to do that, though. Even if they technically made the change, I don't think they can avoid the western exploitation.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

But was Gaddafi a good leader? It seems not... so believing that Gaddafi is better than the West's oppression is like telling the Lybian people that they only have the choice between the worse and the less worse.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

paula-c

LIBYA ON U.S. CRISIS SUMMIT SET FOR MARCH 11
Wednesday, 02 March 2011 6:15 Newsroom Staff

By: Eliane Portillo

Latin Daily Financial News Latin Financial News Daily

European Union leaders are to gather on March 11 for a special summit convened to respond to the crisis in Libya as well as to the turmoil sweeping Arab nations in Europe's Mediterranean backyard. European Union Leaders Are to gather on March 11 for a special summit to convene Respond to the crisis in Libya as well as to the turmoil sweeping Arab Nations in Europe's Mediterranean backyard

"In light of Developments in the EU's southern neighborhood, and Especially in Libya, I convene an extraordinary European Council" U.S. President Herman Van Rompuy said.

Europe's 27 heads of state and government will meet ahead of a same-day long-planned summit of the 17 nations that share the euro, gathering in Brussels to finalize a debt crisis game-plan. Europe's 27 heads of state and Government Will Meet ahead of a same-day-long summit of the 17 Planned Nations That share the euro, gathering in Brussels to finalize a game-plan Debt Crisis.

Also in town as momentum for a military response to Moamer Kadhafi appears to gather speed will be defense ministers from the 28-member NATO alliance. Also in town as momentum for a military response to Moamer Kadhafi Appears to Be defense will gather speed Ministers from the 28-member NATO alliance.

The emergency talks follow a request for a summit from British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who in a joint statement dubbed Kadhafi's brutality as "totally unacceptable" and urged fresh options "for increasing pressure on the regime." The emergency talks follow a request for a summit from British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, WHO in a joint statement dubbed Kadhafi's brutality as "Totally Unacceptable" and urged fresh options "for Increasing pressure on the regime."

Cameron also raised "the importance of transforming the EU's approach to the region", a reference to a shabby era of upholding despots on Europe's southern flank which has come under sharp attack in past weeks from rights groups, Euro-MPs, analysts and even governments. Cameron Also raised "The Importance of Transforming the EU's approach to the region", a reference to a shabby era of upholding despots on Europe's southern flank Which has come under sharp attack in past weeks from rights groups, Euro-MPs, Analysts and events governments .

"The EU must change its policies, instead of backing the status quo it must support a community of democratic states," said Alvaro de Vaconcelas of the European Union Institute for Policy Studies. "The U.S. Must Change STI Policies, INSTEAD of backing the status quo it Must support a community of Democratic State," Said Alvaro de Vaconcelas of the European Union Institute for Policy Studies.
If EU leaders appear ready to review decades of "failed" policies towards their Mediterranean neighbors, they stand divided on a potential human tsunami stemming from the chaos, an issue expected to feature prominently at the talks. If EU Leaders Appear ready to review Decades of "failed" Policies Towards Their Mediterranean neighbors, Divided They Stand on a human Potential tsunami stemming from the chaos, an issue Expected to feature prominently at the talks.

European states bordering the Mediterranean, notably Italy, are highly concerned by the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Libya and the associated risk of an exodus of refugees and migrants. Bordering the Mediterranean European states, Italy Notably, Are Highly Concerned by the deteriorating Humanitarian situation in Libya and the associated Risk of an exodus of Refugees and migrants.

The numbers massing at Libya's borders with Egypt and Tunisia to escape Kadhafi's wrath were ballooning out of control Tuesday, the UN refugee agency said as warnings mounted of imminent food shortages. The numbers Massing at Libya's borders with Egypt and Tunisia to escape Kadhafi's wrath Were ballooning out of control Tuesday, the UN Refugee agency as warnings mounted Said Imminent food of Shortages.

Up to 75,000 people had fled to Tunisia since February 20, with the situation reaching "crisis-point" as tens of thousands await transport inland. Up to 75.000 people Had Fled to Tunisia Since February 20, with the situation Reaching "crisis" point "as tens of Thousands Await inland transport. With up to 1.5 million would-be African migrants believed harboured in Libya, Italy, at the frontline of migration flows, has warned of a human tidal of "biblical proportions". With up to 1.5 million would-be African migrants Believed Harbour in Libya, Italy, at the frontline of migration flows, have Warned of a human tidal of "Biblical Proportions."

In a televised address to France on Sunday, Sarkozy said that "on the other side of the Mediterranean, an immense upheaval is underway". In a Televised address to France on Sunday, Sarkozy Said That "on the Other Side of the Mediterranean, an Immense upheaval is Underway."

"By setting democracy and freedom against all forms of dictatorship, these revolutions open a new era," he said. "By setting democracy and freedom Against all forms of Dictatorship, These revolutions open a new era," I said. "We should have one goal: to help these people who have chosen to be free." "We Should Have one goal: to help These People Who Have Chosen to be free."
But he also warned Europe could face an "uncontrollable" wave of refugees fleeing North Africa if unrest continues. But I Could Also Warned Europe face an "uncontrollable" wave of Refugees Fleeing North Africa if unrest continues.

"We do not know what the consequences of these events will be for migratory flows," he said. "We Do Not Know What The Consequences of These Events Will Be for Migratory flows," I said.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RunFaYaLife

But was Gaddafi a good leader? It seems not... so believing that Gaddafi is better than the West's oppression is like telling the Lybian people that they only have the choice between the worse and the less worse.

WORD

You can be the Lybian's that are rebelling know it and know it deep.
The ones that where rebelling and are now acting like the Love Gaddafi
their insane dictator are in FEAR for their lives.
Gaddafi makes Charlie Sheen look sane.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Supervision

by Sarahli » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm

by RunFaYaLife
You can be the Lybian's that are rebelling know it and know it deep.
The ones that where rebelling and are now acting like the Love Gaddafi
their insane dictator are in FEAR for their lives

Gaddafi makes Charlie Sheen look sane.

with all due respect, there is no comparison at all to be made, imo, between wht the Libyans will face under western backed pseudo  democracy rule, which is basically an “occupation “ of Libya,with that of the GADHAFI Rule. ,

as the imperialists will, no doubt waste no time before they will build their military bases in Libya, as they did  before. ;)

Much suitable for all of them to better control the whole region,=protection of Israel and U.S/Europe hegemony,.... and go right back to the old ways of exploitation and plunder ,as  before the time when    Colonel Gadhafi, after his revolutionary coup, had  kicked them all out , and nationalized the oil fields of Libya.

Pls. note, that ,all the major western powers were in Libya doing wht they do best,exploit, ... the U.K as well as U.S as well as Italians and what not :roll: ..

So, after they got kicked out, by the Colonel, they never let him forget about wht they felt about his unheard of  "bodacious " moves.  ;)

But, Colnel Gadhafi with Russian help in the beginning of his career as leader , did build an impressive economy for his nation, for which he can feel justifiably proud by anyone's standards btw. .

For 40 plus yrs  rule that Mr. Gadhafi provided to his people, he fought an up hill battle , to  bring Libya to become the first and only country ( South Africa?,) to have the highest GDP in the whole continent of Africa.

Lol do we not all  see, just how many millions migrated to Libya from all over the world to find employment there?

If all these foreign national were not there in Libya to begin with, when all this jumped off,  they would not now have to be evacuated,  or flee the country etc . ;)  

As for the Libyans themselves, the Libyans were not exactly starving, far from it, they enjoyed a very high level standard of living, by most standards in the South, or even the west lol.

I agree as does the regime now, as said through Seif as well as Gadhafi himself, that reform certainly should be instituted and a more progressive democratization process should be set up as well, by the Libyans themselves,without western intervention, which Seif his son, has been arguing for with the old guards of the Revolutionary council,  for a long time now it seems  ;) .

So, going from that, imo.,while all Libyans should have a right to assemble and hold peaceful protest,to make their demands known,   there is no way by and large the majority of the  Libyans had so much to complain about ,to start a revolution like we saw in Egypt and Tunisia,let alone to have an insurrection with arms etc,which makes the whole thing suspect, about foreign hands being in all of this "revolutions"  ;) . .

What is more the West knew this to be fact.

The West already had statistical evidence , that M. Gadhafi had popular support in his country
, which is why, no matter how long and how hard they tried, they were ,even as we speak,  not able to get rid of him . ;)

He has escaped so many assassination attempt on his life,it is not even funny,   :?
 and the heavy and loooong term sanctions slapped on his country by the West, which, he withstood as long as he could take it, and never at any point did ever think  leaving his country to these vultures,even though he was “rehabilitated” and undergone a rapprochement with the west,so he believe, wrongly it seems now, since all of them now have turned their faces against him,, when it was just two weeks ago, they were all too happy to sell him anything he ever could want or wish.

As for the Colonel being an "insane dictator" as the poster above suggests, well, every one is entitled to their opinion, but, the real truth maybe though, that Mr. Gadafi is admired in the eyes of millions of peoples in this world, and not just within Libya either.And most important then is that the Libyans themselves do not consider Colonel GAdHafi insane, no matter what the western media wish to depict him as such and some people may wish to believe the fairy tale.
As his son Seif said,regarding this depiction of his father being crazy and insane etc. and  ..about the comment made by the U.S  UN Ambassador of the US, , Susan Rice, saying that Gadhafi is "delusional" and " unfit to rule"..
Seif ..said ..
"She is not even fit to comment anything concerning Libya, she is not a Libyan. "...good point and I agree

we  must know,that M. Gadhaffi is not like Mubarak in Egpyt, who was basically an imperialist puppet.

NO.The colonel is quite a  hero not only in his own country , but also through out the Southern Hemisphere/Latin Americas, as well as in Africa as well. Many a young African kid looks up to the colonel

He is one and only  individual/leader in recent history,  that the west had to contend with, with a grudging respect, while the rest of the “dictators” throughout the region,,had long sold out their people and the wealth their respective countries  too, to the highest bidder in exchange to stay in power.

If M. Gadhafi was such a bad leader, do you think for a minute that anyone will be willing to die for him and go to war for him?

All those so called defectors/diplomats lol. imo. were either paid , to sell over their country ,or they were too eager to secure a position in the coming in regime if Gadhafi falls. Opportunist you know?

So, I do Think about this angles as that is what seems more and more to be the  reality in todays Libya,  on the ground , and not at all,  wht the west's  corporate media as well as the Arabic media owned by the Qatar and Saudi aka WEST, is fanning about. :roll:
i.e. lies and major shameful hypocrisies,just seeking to create an opening, to get into Libya, to do their dirty deeds.[/color]
Peace..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

In time of war or revolution the first victim seems to be the truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Supervision

by NightOwl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm
I doubt they manage to do that, though. Even if they technically made the change, I don't think they can avoid the western exploitation.
Trade Interdependency is unavoidable it is true.

However, there is a big  difference btw. a win win type of an  “Exploitation” and an outright Occupation/ownership,  of the whole country in which it’s people get the much  shorter end of the pie,if anything  at all..

by paula-c » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:18 pm

re:Europe's 27 heads of state and government will meet

the emergency talks follow a request for a summit from British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, WHO in a joint statement dubbed Kadhafi's brutality as "Totally Unacceptable" and urged fresh options "for Increasing pressure on the regime."

This statement above, by these shameful Rascals, is way beyond what the term Hypocrisy could even reasonably accommodate or describe.

Seems like to me they are ready to do what ever it takes to co-opt this ‘gap “ of a ‘freedom movement” they themselves instigated,,...
 seeing how the Colonel was not at all too easy to intimidate , nor did he cave in and cut loose and run ;) .
.[/size]

More evil/disguised/misleading/  rhetoric

By setting democracy and freedom Against all forms of Dictatorship, These revolutions open a new era,"
"We Should Have one goal: to help These People Who Have Chosen to be free"

:lol: Oh..why,dear me,  do I hear the opposite of this positive sounding  message,by these two.. lol :lol:
what I hear is .... like as if they are really saying, ...lol... we must do all we can that these folks do not actually get the crazy idea,nor possibly  think they could ever  actually be FREEEE of US. :lol: .
[attachment=0:1euuas0k]AngelicColonizationManson  note the
shining in the eyes.jpg[/attachment:1euuas0k]

everlastinglove_MJ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 am
I try to be selective in searching for first hand reports from sincere sources like i.e. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and Reuters, and not only concerning this matter.
Thanks for the link..I will check them out do you have any more trustworthy ones? . :)

Yes, I’m afraid that the statement “humanitarian” intervention will be used as an excuse by the US and NATO to justify their intervention acts in Libya.

Yeah, the problem there also is, that Libya is not poor and really does not need  ""humanitarian aid.

Mr Gadhafi has already said as much in his speech saying Libya is not DARFUR or SOMALIA...we have plenty of supplies  etc etc....

The Colonel said:
"anyone who says otherwise is a liar, and is intent to open the doors to western colonialism".

In fact he said, he went as far as to claim, that he  would consider it treason, for anyone to claim that Libya which gives foreign aid to other African and South American Countries is now in need of “humanitarian aid”

, and this would include the east of Libya as well, where there is the most of OIL concentration, where the “free folks are now setting up their new "government" , provided that his forces do not retake it soon .

Note: Pro Gadhafi forces are  making a more than clear advance to the east, while I did not hear anything of anyone of the "revolutionary heroes" making advance to Tripoli  to “liberate" it   :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

everlastinglove_MJ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 am
I try to be selective in searching for first hand reports from sincere sources like i.e. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and Reuters, and not only concerning this matter.

Supervision wrote:
Thanks for the link..I will check them out do you have any more trustworthy ones? .  

I must say, I assume the sources are trustworthy and unbiased. We never know for sure. Just think about it, when people are becoming more critical and more aware of the news (at least I hope so!) and search more selective on internet, I expect there will be a hype and overflow of independent sources. These sources claim to be unbiased and independent, but who’ll be the judge of that?

Some links, which I think they are trustworthy. Of course there must be much more..

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MissG

On February 25, writer Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya, a Middle East/Central Asian specialist, based on reliable in-country contacts, headlined an important article, : Is Washington Pushing for Civil War to Justify a US-NATO Military Intervention?”

This has been in the back of my head as well.

Gadaffi is an eccentric dictator, very charismatic (I mean, have you seen his nice looking all fixed up body guards? :lol: I admire this guy, he has humor beyond everything) and I think he got lost within his power. Looks like he feels betrayed from his people but at the same time his people feel betrayed by him. Who will benefit at the end? NON imo. Another "power" is going to take over and explote the resources---->$$$.

Look at Iraq, it is a pure example of "how to get rid of a dictator" and many private companies signing in just to "help rebuilt the country", yeah...sure  :roll: plus, imo, Iraq was also a sign of how the extreme muslims know how to press the right buttons to spread over their views by effectively shaking the infrastructures.

It is lke a chain effect. If one shouts for no reason, the rest will also shout not knowing the reason either, but the shouts happen leading to excitement leading to revolution but do they know what for? Who is pulling the strings?

This is just a bunch of opinions of mine, may be with no sense at all, so please, humor me  ;) I feel swallen today  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Quote from: "NightOwl"
The more I've listened / read the mainstream news, with all the repetitive rant of how crazy Gadaffi is, the more clear it is that we're only presented one side of the coin.

True, I know in general the mainstream news isn’t exactly moderate, with the natural reaction that I choose to believe the opposite to nuance it a bit, call it an act of contrariness in order to achieve balance. The best thing is to find and read unbiased and independent news with an equal view on both sides of the coin, which isn’t easy, it's a challenge though :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Supervision

by Sarahli » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 am
Sarahi..a few notes on Libya's economy, since you were asking about Gadhafi's leadership ability etc.

emerging markets; libya; gadaffi; frontier markets | oil
Libya has debt levels to die for and huge amounts of oil,

Robert Tashima, an editor for Oxford Business Group,  highlighted the country’s “elephantine” levels of FX reserves, and the privatisation of 80 companies so far, with telecoms and steel sales slated for this year.

Rory Fyfe, an economist with the Economist Intelligence Unit, said he expected the country’s budget to remain in surplus and inflation under control, and pointed to high levels of non-oil growth
Charles Gurdon, managing director of Menas Associates, said in his presentation on politics..
that the lack of a designated successor to Muammar Gaddafi, who has led Libya for over 40 years, could lead to violence.

re: your quote about the truth being sacrificed.

a write up, below, all are invited to  read if interested:
(long article :roll:  but worth reading, imo. ;) )

LIBIA: I funzionari russi chiamano le pretese della NATO un mucchio di bugie.
post pubblicato in damnatio memoriae, il 4 marzo 2011

Libya: Is the West lying again?

Where is the evidence of the air strikes ordered by Colonel Gathafi against his "unarmed" civilians?

Is this yet another contrived pretext for the USA and its sycophantic allies in NATO to start an invasion?

Why is NATO speaking about enforcing a no-fly zone?
Who started the conflict in the first place?
Russian officials call the NATO claims a bunch of lies

Let us be perfectly honest here. We are not dealing with well-meaning countries whose own history is flawless.

We are dealing, in many cases, with former imperialist powers which committed massacres, rode roughshod over peoples and laws and lores and cultures and imposed their own will by invading other territories, drawing lines on maps and "civilizing" vast swathes of the world with the Bible and the bullet. What a legacy.

We are dealing with those who launched a savage and illegal attack against Iraq, outside the auspices of the United Nations Organization,

we are dealing with those who lied through their teeth that Saddam Hussein was developing nuclear weaponry because he bought yellowcake uranium from Nigeria (when in fact the country producing it is Niger), an accusation refuted categorically by Mohamed El-Baradei of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

We are dealing with those who insulted Kofi Annan's UNO and his weapons inspectors in Iraq, who failed to find any evidence of an "immediate" threat to the USA and its allies,

we are dealing with those whose foreign ministers/secretaries of state claimed that Iraq had WMD, and that they knew where they were.
·   
We are dealing with those who forged a causus belli based upon lies, fabrications and manipulation, cajoling, bullying and blackmail, those who stated that Saddam's WMD was "in Bagdad and Tikrit and north, south, east and west of there" (Rumsfeld),

with those whose officials had received shopping lists from Baghdad's museums already before the invasion,

those who deployed military hardware against civilian structures and then doled out billionaire reconstruction contracts - without tender - to White House cronies.

We are dealing with those who committed war crimes in Kosovo, in Afghanistan and in Iraq, all in the last decade, not to mention a myriad of other countries beforehand.

I.e. The GADHAFI REFERRAL for prosecution as a war criminal etc..

Nobody has yet referred for persecution  who is responsible for dropping cluster bombs on civilians, nobody has yet referred who is responsible for acts of torture, illegal detention, strafing wedding parties with rockets, deploying Depleted Uranium against civilians, or indeed phosphorous attacks on schools, to the Hague War Crimes Tribunal, or International Criminal Court, as it is called –

the one that ordered the kidnapping and illegal detention of Slobodan Milosevic before he died in its custody,
 God alone knows how.

So now the same clique of warmongers, whose foreign offices and military have been involved in wars ,since time immemorial, accuse Colonel Muammar Gathafi of war crimes, namely bombing his own people with aviation.
Russian officials call these claims a bunch of lies. Russia Today correspondent Irina Galusho interviewed members of Russia's Joint Chiefs of Staff, who claimed "Some of the reports made by western media are not entirely corresponding to the pictures they are getting"

Where are the air strikes, for example, registered by the BBC and Al Jazeera, on February 22, on Benghazi?

The Libyan government has ordered its aviation to strike against arms depots to stop them falling into the hands of the rebels (not unarmed civilians, but terrorists) since then, but the initial statement that the Government was using air strikes against "protesters" fails to produce any evidence. Basically because there isn't any

And for those who made such claims, in the media and in governments?

Where is the accountability?
These politicians lie and remain in office?
These journalists fabricate evidence and continue to work as if nothing had happened?

Perhaps Colonel Gaddafy should have ordered attacks by predator drones against the civilians, then he may have won a Nobel Peace Prize, like President Obama.

Maybe he should have enticed them into a football match, like the British Black and Tans did with the Irish, and then mown them down with machine guns.

Or how about a Lynndie England style "just having fun" medieval torture chamber, à la Abu Ghraib?

In short, the West is once again fabricating evidence, lying and manipulating the media, as it did in the Balkans, when an absurd image was shown of Bosnian "refugees" in a Serbian "concentration camp", when in fact the images were taken from within a barbed wire perimeter to protect Serbs against marauding terrorists... and as it has done so many times.

Time for the circus to move on, starting with Libya and ending with Iran.

After all, Hillary Clinton represents what?
 The will of the people of the United States of America, or AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee)?

Amid the hype, from the bought western media, no reference to the great contribution Colonel Gadhafi has made, namely in helping to free countless peoples from the yolk of colonialism - without any personal gain,
 i.e. Colonel Gadhafi , a real freedom fighter - no reference to the fact that Libya has the greatest Human Development Index in Africa.
Some dictator, eh

?

No mention of the fact that Gadhafi wrote the Green Book, expounding the Third Way of economic theory, and that he has implemented its teachings in Libya, namely the government of Libya by the Libyan people
.the quality of life for Libyan  is over a hundred times better than it was when he took over in 1969, when he instilled a policy of control of Libyan resources by Libyans for Libyans, then literacy rates rose from 10 to 90 per cent.
Is this a dictator?

Is he any more tyrannical than others who control countries in the Middle East?
And that goes for the behaviour of the USA as well in Iraq...
Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey
Pravda.Ru

@by everlastinglove_

thanks for the links, I will check out some of them, but Al Jezeera..has got to be one of the worst Liars on God’s green earth . :lol: .
 :lol:
Shame that the Arabs would do this to each other,(Libyan report?), that station is  Qatar /Saudi owned and not much more than a  propaganda machine for its owners basically the same as all other mainstream media? :roll: .

Also note the link of the above article,if you are interested,  seems to carry  alternative views,  compared  to the corporate mouths, like  Fox CNN BBC Reuters et.al...
Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Supervision

by Sarahli » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 am
Sarahi..a few notes on Libya's economy, since you were asking about Gadhafi's leadership ability etc.

emerging markets; libya; gadaffi; frontier markets | oil
Libya has debt levels to die for and huge amounts of oil,

Robert Tashima, an editor for Oxford Business Group,  highlighted the country’s “elephantine” levels of FX reserves, and the privatisation of 80 companies so far, with telecoms and steel sales slated for this year.

Rory Fyfe, an economist with the Economist Intelligence Unit, said he expected the country’s budget to remain in surplus and inflation under control, and pointed to high levels of non-oil growth
Charles Gurdon, managing director of Menas Associates, said in his presentation on politics..
that the lack of a designated successor to Muammar Gaddafi, who has led Libya for over 40 years, could lead to violence.

re: your quote about the truth being sacrificed.

a write up, below, all are invited to  read if interested:
(long article :roll:  but worth reading, imo. ;) )

LIBIA: I funzionari russi chiamano le pretese della NATO un mucchio di bugie.
post pubblicato in damnatio memoriae, il 4 marzo 2011

Libya: Is the West lying again
?

Where is the evidence of the air strikes ordered by Colonel Gathafi against his "unarmed" civilians?

Is this yet another contrived pretext for the USA and its sycophantic allies in NATO to start an invasion?

Why is NATO speaking about enforcing a no-fly zone?
Who started the conflict in the first place?
Russian officials call the NATO claims a bunch of lies
[attachment=0:f58ai3f5]10nf407.jpg[/attachment:f58ai3f5]
Let us be perfectly honest here. We are not dealing with well-meaning countries whose own history is flawless.

We are dealing, in many cases, with former imperialist powers which committed massacres, rode roughshod over peoples and laws and lores and cultures and imposed their own will by invading other territories, drawing lines on maps and "civilizing" vast swathes of the world with the Bible and the bullet. What a legacy.

We are dealing with those who launched a savage and illegal attack against Iraq, outside the auspices of the United Nations Organization,

we are dealing with those who lied through their teeth that Saddam Hussein was developing nuclear weaponry because he bought yellowcake uranium from Nigeria (when in fact the country producing it is Niger), an accusation refuted categorically by Mohamed El-Baradei of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

We are dealing with those who insulted Kofi Annan's UNO and his weapons inspectors in Iraq, who failed to find any evidence of an "immediate" threat to the USA and its allies,

we are dealing with those whose foreign ministers/secretaries of state claimed that Iraq had WMD, and that they knew where they were.
·   
We are dealing with those who forged a causus belli based upon lies, fabrications and manipulation, cajoling, bullying and blackmail, those who stated that Saddam's WMD was "in Bagdad and Tikrit and north, south, east and west of there" (Rumsfeld),

with those whose officials had received shopping lists from Baghdad's museums already before the invasion,

those who deployed military hardware against civilian structures and then doled out billionaire reconstruction contracts - without tender - to White House cronies.

We are dealing with those who committed war crimes in Kosovo, in Afghanistan and in Iraq, all in the last decade, not to mention a myriad of other countries beforehand.

I.e. The GADHAFI REFERRAL for prosecution as a war criminal etc..

Nobody has yet referred for persecution  who is responsible for dropping cluster bombs on civilians, nobody has yet referred who is responsible for acts of torture, illegal detention, strafing wedding parties with rockets, deploying Depleted Uranium against civilians, or indeed phosphorous attacks on schools, to the Hague War Crimes Tribunal, or International Criminal Court, as it is called –

the one that ordered the kidnapping and illegal detention of Slobodan Milosevic before he died in its custody,
 God alone knows how.

So now the same clique of warmongers, whose foreign offices and military have been involved in wars ,since time immemorial, accuse Colonel Muammar Gathafi of war crimes, namely bombing his own people with aviation.
Russian officials call these claims a bunch of lies. Russia Today correspondent Irina Galusho interviewed members of Russia's Joint Chiefs of Staff, who claimed "Some of the reports made by western media are not entirely corresponding to the pictures they are getting"

Where are the air strikes, for example, registered by the BBC and Al Jazeera, on February 22, on Benghazi?

The Libyan government has ordered its aviation to strike against arms depots to stop them falling into the hands of the rebels (not unarmed civilians, but terrorists) since then, but the initial statement that the Government was using air strikes against "protesters" fails to produce any evidence. Basically because there isn't any

And for those who made such claims, in the media and in governments?

Where is the accountability?
These politicians lie and remain in office?
These journalists fabricate evidence and continue to work as if nothing had happened?

Perhaps Colonel Gaddafy should have ordered attacks by predator drones against the civilians, then he may have won a Nobel Peace Prize, like President Obama.

Maybe he should have enticed them into a football match, like the British Black and Tans did with the Irish, and then mown them down with machine guns.

Or how about a Lynndie England style "just having fun" medieval torture chamber, à la Abu Ghraib?

In short, the West is once again fabricating evidence, lying and manipulating the media, as it did in the Balkans, when an absurd image was shown of Bosnian "refugees" in a Serbian "concentration camp", when in fact the images were taken from within a barbed wire perimeter to protect Serbs against marauding terrorists... and as it has done so many times.

Time for the circus to move on, starting with Libya and ending with Iran.

After all, Hillary Clinton represents what?
 The will of the people of the United States of America, or AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee)?

Amid the hype, from the bought western media, no reference to the great contribution Colonel Gadhafi has made, namely in helping to free countless peoples from the yolk of colonialism - without any personal gain,
 i.e. Colonel Gadhafi , a real freedom fighter - no reference to the fact that Libya has the greatest Human Development Index in Africa.
Some dictator, eh

?

No mention of the fact that Gadhafi wrote the Green Book, expounding the Third Way of economic theory, and that he has implemented its teachings in Libya, namely the government of Libya by the Libyan people
.the quality of life for Libyan  is over a hundred times better than it was when he took over in 1969, when he instilled a policy of control of Libyan resources by Libyans for Libyans, then literacy rates rose from 10 to 90 per cent.
Is this a dictator?

Is he any more tyrannical than others who control countries in the Middle East?
And that goes for the behaviour of the USA as well in Iraq...
Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey
Pravda.Ru

@by everlastinglove_

thanks for the links, I will check out some of them, but Al Jezeera..has got to be one of the worst Liars on God’s green earth . :lol: .
 :lol:
Shame that the Arabs would do this to each other,(Libyan report?), that station is  Qatar /Saudi owned and not much more than a  propaganda machine for its owners basically the same as all other mainstream media? :roll: .

Also note the link of the above article,if you are interested,  seems to carry  alternative views,  compared  to the corporate mouths, like  Fox CNN BBC Reuters et.al...
Peace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Supervision

by Gema » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:37 am
It is lke a chain effect. If one shouts for no reason, the rest will also shout not knowing the reason either, but the shouts happen leading to excitement leading to revolution but do they know what for?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Who is pulling the strings?
Good question.
Gadaffi is an eccentric dictator, very charismatic (I mean, have you seen his nice looking all fixed up body guards?  I admire this guy, he has humor beyond everything) and I think he got lost within his power.

:lol: He did not get lost Gema..they are just trying to put him  out to pasture, and the old goat is  refusing to go  :lol:

Looks like he feels betrayed from his people but at the same time his people feel betrayed by him.
No, the pic is, that Libya is a tribal country ,over 140 different tribes are in  Libya,
here is a link an excerpt that gives a clearer pic , if you wish to know more about this Man and his country /people..etc
Make up your own Mind
Libya and the Colnel:

When Gaddaffi took power he took over a non-country with a large number of tribes composed of a small population on a tremendously big area.

The country was ruled by a king who took the oil revenue as  his private income as it was the use amongst the bedu tribes, the chief took all.

Gaddaffi was a very poor boy with a brilliant mind, born in Sirte and his local teachers advised his father to send him to a better school.

His father didn’t have the money and sent Gaddaffi, aged 11/12 on a 250 km donkey trip through the desert  from Sirte to an uncle, a chieftain in Misurata. The boy went to school and continued to the military academy.

After he graduated he was confronted with a hopelessly divided extremely poor non-country under the rule of king Idriss.

Idriss was of Cyrenaica origin and a religious leader of the Senussi, a sufi sect. He was born at Al-Jaghbub, near the Egyptian border.
He became the Emir of Cyrenaica with the approval of the Britiish after WWII

When the British made him Emir of Tripolitana he could become king of Libya, with British approval.
This was one more idiotic British decision. Joining Cyrenaica(Benghazi area) with Tripolitana(Sirte and Tripoli area) under a Cyrenaica king was a disaster waiting to happen.

The oil was originally found exclusively in Sirte Basin and the Tripolitana tribes saw their riches disappear in a Cyrenaica pocket, literally, the country got nothing.
When Gaddaffi graduated the country was extremely poor and the oil exploitation was in the hands of American and British companies, which paid royalties to Idriss.

Agriculture, Libya has about 500.000 sq. km. rich agricultural land, was in the hands of Italian families, who had fled during the war but were still owners-in-absentia.
After Gaddaffi took power he invited the Italian families and arranged a payment for the Libyan State to aquire the property.

The biggest property, Al Khadra, was an olive plantation, started by the Italians in the 1930’s and probably one of the biggest and best in the world.
Today, after many pieces of the plantation were developed for modern construction projects, the remaining plantation is still covering 40.000 hectares with 6 milliom olive trees. It has natural irrigation by 6 months rain each year.

Gaddaffi went  with 3 Willy’s jeeps to the old palace of the king, who was for medical treatment in Turkey, and took over the country.

He declared immediately that the oil and the riches of the country belonged to all Libyans and reinforced the power of the tribal chiefs.
The old tribal customs were respected and every Libyan, respected as an honest man in his own tribe, could at any time go to his tribal chief for his requests, problems or justice.
This was of course a Libya for the Libyans system.
It has been said that Libya followed the Marxist system of the Soviet Union.
Here you have a young officer,with absolutely no friend in the world, hated by the biggest corporations in the world, which were told to  leave the country and the oilfields, and he has no clue what a modern society or country looks like, nor how the Western democracies function.

All he knows about Western democracies is the Italian colonialism, the German and British warfare on Libyan soil and the Libyan deaths it all created.
Talk about values? What values? Exploitation and warfare.

On the other hand the Russians offer a hand in the construction of his country and they are introduced by an Arab hero: Nasser from Egypt.

Of course he accepted Russian help and advise, of course he went his own socialist ways, equality and freedom for all, no kings, the people are sovereign, poor people are having finally a voice.
So Gaddaffi accepted Russian help and advise, and created his own socialist muslim brand.

The only people who were not satisfied were the people from Benghazi, Tobruk and the Egyptians who lost all privileges, Idriss significantly had fled to Egypt and lived in a Cairo luxury home until his death at the age of 93.

Gaddaffi made sure that all Libyans were treated equally and he made it a point of honor that each and every Libyan had direct access to him in case of abuse of power by any other authority.

In the beginning he took tea in the small tea-houses in Tripoli or Sirte together with the common people until the assassination attempts started, all coming from Benghazi and/or Egypt.

He slept in army barracks and had no home of its own
The Chief of Air Staff told me the story that one day he came in his room and found the body of a soldier, wrapped in a blanket on the concrete floor, next to his bed.
He kicked the soldier to wake him up and move so that he could go to bed himself,  and Gaddaffi unwrapped himself out of the blanket.

The Chief of Air Staff apologized profusely but Gaddaffi told him to shut up, that it was his fault and he apologized to the Chief for using his room.

When the assassination attempts started he constructed himself a fortress in Tripoli, but spent most of his time in a tent in the dessert, moving all the time.
When the Americans bombed his fortress he was in a tent in the dessert

Gaddaffi knew that he had a tribal patchwork which had disaster incorporated in it, aggravated by the Beduïn character of the people.

When a Beduin meets another Beduin for the first time they will identify themselves first through the tribe, then the family and afterwards they will look for mutual relations.
This can last normally half an hour :roll:
. After that they will decide if it’s worth continuing talking or not.
A foreigner like me is identified through his Libyan friends. If there are absolutely no connections between the two it’s better not to continue, there will be no trust until such time that there is a connection somewhere.

State structure
Gaddaffi made following structure:
-          Every tribe has its own tribe council and tribal representatives who represent the tribal council
-          The tribal council representatives are seated in the Revolutionary Council(the Libyan type parliament), which takes all decisions.
-   Moammar Gaddaffi is the brother leader who takes and gives advice to the Revolutionary Council.
-    We know what that means, but it is true that all projects, claims and complaints are really discussed by that Revolutionary council and Gaddaffi is no fool, he knows when something is false or true, he takes serious notice of everything which is happening in his country at grass-roots level.

-          On television, during hours of speeches he really tells his people the truth, he really talks to them like a father and admonishes them.

-          Further every province has a local governor-administrator, mostly a very honest old guard general.
The ones I met are normally clad the poorest of the delegation with old battle dresses and open sandals of rough leather.
They are simple Bedu’s who command very serious budgets. (Billions.$$$$$$$$$$$. ;)
read more on link..

Who will benefit at the end? NON imo. Another "power" is going to take over and explote the resources---->$$$
Exactly. That is why,imo.   the colonel would be their best bet for now, until they take their time and organize their system for transmission of power , constitution/ laws  etc.

Look at Iraq, it is a pure example of "how to get rid of a dictator" and many private companies signing in just to "help rebuilt the country", yeah...sure

Iraq was an outright invasion by the west, you know, for the oil, and to carry more influence in the area as well,protection of Israel is a paramount concern as well.Plus the threat of IRAN etc.
Gema wrote:
This is just a bunch of opinions of mine, may be with no sense at all, so please, humor me  I feel swallen today  

well read more on link... re:  about the Gadhafi family, the sons and the Lawyer daughter etc .....
 Peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

thanks for the links, I will check out some of them, but Al Jezeera..has got to be one of the worst Liars on God’s green earth .  .

:lol: just checking, I knew that you would react like this...you're pretty predictable :lol:

No seriously, you wrote "has got to be one of the worst Liars". Although Jazeera's independence has been tested and doubted according to the next article, AJ is still considered as an independent source. Of course it's up to you to consider it as reliable or not.

In October, Al Jazeera played a leading role in examining a huge trove of classified American documents released through WikiLeaks. It brought to light important revelations on a wide range of topics, including the killings of hundreds of civilians at coalition roadblocks and the U.S role in Iraqi state torture.

This time, however, as WikiLeaks released more than 250,000 U.S. diplomatic cables extending from the mid-1960s to the present day, Al Jazeera has opted for the back seat.

Its coverage of what the Italian foreign minister called “9/11 of diplomacy” for the most part has been shallow, sometimes based on translated and paraphrased articles from the New York Times and the Los Angles Times — for a very good reason.

This time the subject of the embarrassing leaks involves not only the United States, but also the leaders of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states, including Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and Kuwait.

The leaked U.S. diplomatic cables have shown that Qatar shares the other GCC states’ view that Iran is the primary threat, not Israel.

This is completely contradictory to what the ruling family in Qatar has been saying in public. It is also contrary to Al Jazeera’s own coverage, which presents Israel as the primary threat, not Iran. In fact, Qatar probably boasts the closest ties with Iran of all the GCC states.

Now, the leaked U.S. cables expose Muslim countries backstabbing another Muslim country. That is one of the ugliest acts a Muslim can perform. The Prophet Muhammad, in fact, compared it to “eating the flesh of one’s own dead brother.”

Al Jazeera tried to mitigate the embarrassment by singling out the roles of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, saying that the two kingdoms strongly urged the United States to strike Iranian military facilities, contrary to what those countries have been saying in public. Al Jazeera conveniently attributed the information to a Los Angles Times article.  

What Al Jazeera totally ignored, however, was the role that Qatar played in highlighting the Iranian threat against the United States.

According to one of the leaked U.S. diplomatic cables, the Qatari Emir Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani told Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) last February that, based on 30 years of experience, (to paraphrase) the Iranians will give you 100 words but you should trust only one of them.

The Qatari Prime Minister Hamad Al Thani also told Kerry that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had told him: "We beat the Americans in Iraq; the final battle will be in Iran."

Assad Abukhalil, professor of political science at California State University, Stanislaus, who has appeared numerous times on Al Jazeera, strongly criticized the network on the radio show Democracy Now.

During the interview, he said: “I think the extent to which the Saudi government—and all Arab governments in the Gulf—are embarrassed by these leaks is evidenced by the clampdown that is being exhibited throughout the Saudi-controlled Arab media. And even the so-called 'independent' Al Jazeera— which, contrary to its reputation here in the West, is the most serious news organization—is also trying to cover up the embarrassing revelations about the way Arab governments operate vis-à-vis the United States.”

Al Jazeera television not only found itself in an awkward position because its “independence” was tested, but also because the leaked cables raised an important question about its coverage of Iranian affairs, which tends to be more positive than that of other Arab television networks.

For example, Al Jazeera often assiduously covers Israeli violations against Palestinians as well as U.S. violations in Afghanistan and Iraq, while ignoring Iranian violations against Arabs such as the oppression of Arabs in the Iranian province of Khuzestan, bordering the Iraqi province of Basra, and the occupation of the three UAE islands of Abu Masa, Greater Tunb, and Lesser Tunb.

This helps Iran improve its image among Arabs and distracts them from the growing Iranian influence in the oil-rich region in southern Iraq. Iran’s support for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is also ignored by Al Jazeera.

The question is: Why does Al Jazeera make Iran look good despite the mistrust between the two neighboring countries, Qatar and Iran?

Qatar shares several offshore gas fields with Iran,including al-Shaheen and South Pars, which makes it extremely important to have good relations with its strong neighbor. In fact, Qatar’s livelihood as a nation depends on its good relations with Iran.

"Iran, if it wanted to, could click its fingers and sever Qatar's money,” David Roberts, a doctoral candidate in Qatari foreign policy at Durham University in England, wrote on The Gulf Blog.

However, Qatar also uses U.S. military presence on its territory to deter any possible Iranian infringement on the shared offshore oil fields. According to secret diplomatic cables published by WikiLeaks, “Qatar agreed to pay 60 percent of the upkeep costs for the Al-Udeid airbase, which has already been used by the U.S. military to launch air sorties in Iraq.” It agreed to support its use against Iran as long as the South Par natural gas fields were not threatened.

Qatar’s willingness to host the largest U.S. military base in the Middle East is, in effect, a diplomatic balancing act against the threat of Iran.

According to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, a WikiLeaks document quoted Mossad chief Meir Dagan saying to American diplomats, "I think that you should remove your bases from [Qatar]…[The Qataris] owe their security to the presence of the Americans]."

Arguably, Al Jazeera’s coverage of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is still superior to that of all other Arab television networks, which explains why it’s still the most watched Arab news source. However, Al Jazeera’s failure to report on the recent U.S. leaked cables highlights its Achilles’ heel: the Qatari ruling family and its powerful neighbor, Iran.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Supervision wrote:

When the assassination attempts started he constructed himself a fortress in Tripoli, but spent most of his time in a tent in the dessert, moving all the time.
When the Americans bombed his fortress he was in a tent in the dessert
Gaddaffi knew that he had a tribal patchwork which had disaster incorporated in it, aggravated by the Beduïn character of the people.

When a Beduin meets another Beduin for the first time they will identify themselves first through the tribe, then the family and afterwards they will look for mutual relations.

As an open minded person, it's good to read the story behind the story. This background/profile info gives a better view on the man and his acts. Though he IS a dictator and I condemn his acts concerning human rights.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions