Breaking News-Prosecution asks for delay in trial
February 24, 2011, 07:17:04 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson case: Prosecutor says defense isn't sharing information, asks for delay of doctor's trial

A prosecutor asked Thursday that the trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor be delayed because of what she said was the failure of the defense to share information about its planned case, including the findings of its star forensic witness.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor left the scheduled March 24 start of Dr. Conrad Murray’s trial in place, but said he shared the prosecution’s frustration and reminded defense attorneys that they could be fined or barred from calling witnesses if they did not comply with legal obligations to turn over the materials.

“Dr. Murray is entitled to have a speedy trial, but it’s not trial by lack of information,” Pastor said.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Deborah Brazil complained that with only a month before trial, Murray’s lawyers have not handed over a report or notes about the expected testimony of Dr. Paul White.
The defense acknowledged in court that White, a Dallas anesthesiologist with an expertise in propofol -- the drug that killed Jackson -- is its most important witness. But defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan insisted the expert had not prepared a report and had communicated his findings verbally. Those findings, Flanagan said, included the opinion that Jackson was addicted to Demerol and that Murray did not cause Jackson’s death.
Pastor urged Murray’s lawyers to provide more information about White's testimony to the prosecution.

“I’m just finding it very difficult to believe that a renowned forensic expert in any subject is going to take the stand without having documentation in front of him,” the judge said.
Murray, 57, is accused of involuntary manslaughter in the June 2009 death of the pop icon. His lawyers have suggested that Jackson self-administered the fatal dose of propofol
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: LA Times-Prosecution asks for delay in trial
February 24, 2011, 07:25:00 PM
This is becoming more and more comical and disturbing all at the same time.  What a farce :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

February 24, 2011, 07:35:31 PM
HA.I know right,and if this does get delayed,someone owes me $$ for my correct prediction of said event.Don't know who.....but someone  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
February 24, 2011, 07:36:45 PM
It seems like we need to start fastening our seat belts for the last run of the show. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2011, 07:59:40 PM
Quote from: "PureLove"
It seems like we need to start fastening our seat belts for the last run of the show. :lol:

Click!

Ready for take-off!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

February 24, 2011, 08:42:17 PM
I'll see what other developments I can get hold of on this
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2011, 08:52:37 PM
Figures lol :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

MJhasSpoken

February 24, 2011, 09:00:43 PM
This is just my opinion but what if this delay is because MJ needs more time...also with the TIAI redirects, the reason for no redirects could be because MJ is working on the music videos (indirectly). Not that I want to be negative but maybe something didnt go to plan or MJ is delaying because of unforseen circumstances such as Liz Taylor being in hospital. (Hope she gets well)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 24, 2011, 09:02:08 PM
Quote from: "MJhasSpoken"
This is just my opinion but what if this delay is because MJ needs more time...also with the TIAI redirects, the reason for no redirects could be because MJ is working on the music videos (indirectly). Not that I want to be negative but maybe something didnt go to plan or MJ is delaying because of unforseen circumstances such as Liz Taylor being in hospital. (Hope she gets well)
Could be, maybe things have not fallen all into place yet :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

February 24, 2011, 09:08:28 PM
To me it seems like they court scenes are not happening.  Katherine isn't going to court to sue AEG, and now the defense, Murray has presented no report to begin the case, when THEY were the ones that wanted a speedy trial.  It is like they don't REALLY want to do the court stuff...just try it in the MEDIA.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

February 24, 2011, 09:15:25 PM
including the findings of its star forensic witness Can it be Michael , in some destorted way???

The more time goes on, the more I feel in a roller coaster, going up and down, up and down oops I am getting dizzy here..  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

February 24, 2011, 09:16:51 PM
Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
including the findings of its star forensic witness Can it be Michael , in some destorted way???

The more time goes on, the more I feel in a roller coaster, going up and down, up and down oops I am getting dizzy here..  :mrgreen:
I feel you on that roller coaster lol :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

February 24, 2011, 11:06:43 PM
Since when do we exchange opinions and notes from defense to prosecution OUTSIDE of a courtroom and BEFORE the trial and as a goodie the judge complains about the lack of documentation?

I think I'm gonna save some carrots for the Bugs Bunnies we're gonna see.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

February 25, 2011, 02:19:09 AM
I guess I'm just ignorant of how these legal proceedings work. I would have assumed that the prosecution would be the one having to present their documents, not the defense. I mean, why should the defense have to lay out how they plan to defend a client? To me it should be that the prosecution should have to tell how they plan to prove you did something so you know how to defend yourself, not the other way around.

I also just read another story about what happened in court today, and nothing makes sense of course.

Flanagan told Pastor he hadn't prepared such notes for trials for at least 10 years.

Flanagan contended that California trial laws don't require him to prepare reports on witness interviews to hand over to prosecutors.

Pastor disagreed, saying the strategy appeared to undermine rules intended to prevent surprises during testimony at trial.

"It is a recipe for disaster," Pastor said. "We don't do trials based upon memory."

The judge rejected a request by prosecutor Deborah Brazil to vacate the scheduled start of Murray's trial in late March over the issue.

She argued there was no way the doctor's defense team could be prepared for trial if they had not yet written and handed over reports.

The above is just a portion of this 2 page story. So, defense attorney Flanagan says the CA law doesn't require him to prepare and give these reports to prosecutors. Judge Pastor disagrees and wants to prevent SURPRISES during the trial  :D OH, and why would prosecutor Deborah Brazil be concerned about Murray's defense team being prepared, she's on the other side? Maybe the real reason the prosecutors are looking to delay the trial is because they don't have evidence to prove their case?  Maybe MJ will be a surprise witness for Murray  :lol:

Time will tell and Truth WILL Prevail!

Blessed to have been,
Touched By An Angel
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike