Re: Michael Jackson Blamed for Botching Lawsuit
February 26, 2011, 04:40:32 AM
Did you guys see the comment someone posted under this article???  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

The Estate lawyers are full of it. I've been watching this case and Mann bought this Company Vintage Pop Media from Henry Vaccarro who won the memorabilia in a litigation in bankruptcy court and along with the memorabilia comes the rights to utilize this property and everything that goes with it. After buying this property from Vaccarro Mann partnered with Mrs. Jackson to give back what was hers in the partnership. What the TRUTH is The MJ Estate executors are doing is trying have control over Mrs. Jackson by suing Howard Mann to get at Mrs. Jackson. The Estate have been secretly selling of Michael's assets and pocketing Millions of dollars and cash they have been sending to off shore accounts. They have been doing deals and filing lawsuits against everyone they can so they can charge the Attorneys fees which are in the multi millions.  John Branca himself has been giving money to his own charity and pocketing that money too. The Estate are sharks and corrupt and these same guys have been doing it to the Kurt Cobain Estate and have taken millions from his family and they have done the same to the Elvis estate and the James Brown estate. These guys are getting away with and it's a shame for the family members that John Branca and Howard Weitzman and their group of Leeching lawyers and partners can destroy and steal like this. Good thing the States attorney is about to file for an investigation into these corrupt Executors and bring them down little did they know they were under investigation all this time and now their time has come to face the music for the illegal criminal acts that they have done!!!!! The only reason TMZ has been favorable to the estate is because Harvey and Howard Weitzman were romantically involved at one point and Harvey has been helping them to push these strategic media articles. Bottom line is that it wont make a difference because this is the court of public opinion and a federal investigation doesnt care about that it only the facts!

Posted at 2:05 PM on Feb 25, 2011 by Craig Valentino
What do you guys think? That would explain the whole lot of articles on MJ at TMZ....
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

February 26, 2011, 10:20:55 AM
Wow this is some amazing stuff.  I mean what the hell is going on with all of this.  Being connected to Michael or not is like winning the Lotto everyone is becoming millionaires off of Michael.  I pray that all of this is just a set up to expose all the leechers and crooks. Maybe Michael put all of this into place to expose these ppl I pray this is all a set up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

February 26, 2011, 10:51:41 AM
Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
They have been doing deals and filing lawsuits against everyone they can so they can charge the Attorneys fees which are in the multi millions.  John Branca himself has been giving money to his own charity and pocketing that money too. The Estate are sharks and corrupt and these same guys have been doing it to the Kurt Cobain Estate and have taken millions from his family and they have done the same to the Elvis estate and the James Brown estate. These guys are getting away with and it's a shame for the family members that John Branca and Howard Weitzman and their group of Leeching lawyers and partners can destroy and steal like this. Good thing the States attorney is about to file for an investigation into these corrupt Executors and bring them down little did they know they were under investigation all this time and now their time has come to face the music for the illegal criminal acts that they have done!!!!!

Posted at 2:05 PM on Feb 25, 2011 by Craig Valentino
What do you guys think? That would explain the whole lot of articles on MJ at TMZ....

IF only half of this turned out to be true, Howard Mann would rather be a bait than a vulture and Katherine would be very brave for giving the feeding yet needy matriarch in this play.
Then the permanent delays were self-explaining because they were due to everything going on on the lawsuit side. We got to know that everything would be more speedy in Texas, right?

Too many targetted his life, his dignity and his fortune that he had worked for all his life and for sure wanted to give to his children. Do you believe he would let that go to some leaches without any struggle? I don't.

This is getting bigger every day. I am reckoning with justice on ALL accounts.
The difference between a lie and alive is a "V".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Andrea

February 26, 2011, 11:12:44 AM
Quote from: "bec"
Ever consider that Mann is working for Michael?

Ps. back said to leave KJ alone in regards to this issue...

Yes Bec, I think it's far more likely that Mann is working for Michael (either knowingly or unknowingly) than any other scenario.  If we are to believe that Michael is alive (and I'm certain he is) then there's no way he would allow Mann near Katherine, as he is fiercely protective of her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 26, 2011, 05:02:21 PM
Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
Quote from: "scorpionchik"
Who the fuck is this mother fucker? Estate must win and get green light. Katherine does stupid moves too. Legally she also cannot use MJ's name without Estate permission. Yes, her son. But that's the law. She needs to get qualified legal advise before doing anything.

AGREE WITH YOU. I don't understand why katherine is doing business with this scavenger..  :lol:

If you believe Michael is alive, you have to believe that there is a reason for Katherine to work with Mann.
But that's my opinion ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 26, 2011, 07:00:22 PM
Quote from: "bleu eyes"
Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
Quote from: "scorpionchik"
Who the fuck is this mother fucker? Estate must win and get green light. Katherine does stupid moves too. Legally she also cannot use MJ's name without Estate permission. Yes, her son. But that's the law. She needs to get qualified legal advise before doing anything.

AGREE WITH YOU. I don't understand why katherine is doing business with this scavenger..  :lol:

If you believe Michael is alive, you have to believe that there is a reason for Katherine to work with Mann.
But that's my opinion ;)

I am sure Mann does not know Michael is alive. We are talking about hoax, this means very few people, closest family members & friend may know about it. Not that the whole Los Angeles is in hoax. Therefore, Mann simply after money and this rat started realizing his plan through Katherine.Maybe Katherine wanted to use him, but turn out he used Katherine to get to MJ's assets.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Andrea

February 26, 2011, 07:15:58 PM
Mann doesn't necessarily have to know that Michael is alive.  Like I said in an above post, he may be "working for" Michael either knowingly or unknowingly.

Katherine Jackson's business partner wants the MJ Estate off his back in a legal war over MJ merchandise ... claiming Michael himself picked the same fight when he was alive ... until he realized he couldn't win.

Long story short -- the Estate wants Howard Mann to stop using MJ's name and image to hock various websites, books, and other products. Problem is, according to Mann, this is the exact same lawsuit that Michael pursued back in 2004 ... only to "abandon" the legal fight in 2006.

Mann claims the the Estate shouldn't get a second bite of the apple ... by being allowed to sue for the same claims in 2011.

It's possible that this is "round two" for Michael with Mann.

We know that Katherine acts on Michael's behalf for certain things so if Michael wanted to go after Mann again (assuming this TMZ story is legit), it's possible that Michael asked Katherine to do dealings with Mann, so he could finish what he started years earlier.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

February 26, 2011, 09:56:52 PM
Ding Ding Ding!

Andrea wins.

Says me anyway. That makes so much sense I'm going blind from it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
February 26, 2011, 10:25:01 PM
Remember this video on jackson secret vault website by Henry Vaccaro, and then Howard Mann........

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
February 26, 2011, 10:33:37 PM
Howard Mann Says: ‘Michael Jackson’s Estate Doesn’t Give A F*ck About His Kids’

The man doing business with Katherine Jackson just thumbed his nose — BIGTIME — at the Michael Jackson Estate … essentially saying they’re just a bunch of lawyers who don’t care about MJ’s kids.

Last night Howard Mann slammed the Estate for the suggestion it’s more invested in helping MJ’s children than he and Katherine — saying, “I would ask if the Estate has ever met those children, ever spoken to those children. To me it’s a farce that they care about what happens to those children.”

Mann was In Beverly Hills … outside the “Unveiling of the Jackson Secret Vault Lithographic Collection” — his ongoing business venture with Katherine — and an event that prompted MJ’s Estate to fire off a cease and desist letter.

Shots have been fired! This should be verrrrry interesting…

Mama Katherine’s Biz Partner Claims MJ’s Estate Is F*cking Up Her Money
Katherine Jackson’s business partner Howard Mann is still calling shenanigans on the lawyers handling Michael Jackson’s estate.
According to TMZ, Mann claims that the estate, which just filed a lawsuit against him, is standing in the way of his Ms. Katherine’s paper.

Katherine Jackson’s business partner who is being sued by the Michael Jackson Estate tells TMZ the Estate is a “fraudulently obtained dictatorship,” guarding “a collusive and corrupt status quo.”

Howard Mann — whom the Estate claims in a new lawsuit is violating copyright and trademark laws by cashing in on all things Jackson — calls the lawsuit “malicious and unfounded.”

Mann says, “These lawyers have absolutely NO interest in the preservation of Michael Jackson’s legacy and less interest in generating revenues for his beneficiaries.”

Mann goes on: “…the Estate will fall as a result of these draconian tactics and it is my hope that Miss Jackson regains control of that which was stolen from her.”

Right… because releasing a “new song” by Michael without clearing it by his mother was clearly done in the interest of preserving his legacy.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

February 26, 2011, 10:35:06 PM
Quote from: "bec"
Ding Ding Ding!

Andrea wins.

Says me anyway. That makes so much sense I'm going blind from it.

That's too funny Bec, I swear I almost wrote "Ding Ding Ding!" in my post but wasn't sure if anyone would get it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 27, 2011, 03:03:35 AM
Quote from: "2good2btrue"
Remember this video on jackson secret vault website by Henry Vaccaro, and then Howard Mann........

Quote from: "2good2btrue"

Hello 2good2btrue!!!!

Some strange things are going on,lol but it seems that Henry Vacarro's youtube channel was take down from youtube  :?. When I wanted to go to his channel this is what I received:

YouTube account HenryVaccaro has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
Sony Music Entertainment
Web Sheriff
close

And for things to be even more strange ,here is a channel I found today :

Is this the same man or no??? Because he has the same picture like in the first channel,with Michael's clothes in the hand .Even in the comments people are asking him if he is the real one.To me is the same but he has more meat on him,lol  :lol: .

Here is "the truth and nothig but the truth" from henry Vacaro's mouth:

Interview with Henry Vaccaro( 15 february 2011)
After years of blogging about him, I got the chance to make an interview with Henry Vaccaro, the former owner of the biggest Jackson Family memorablia. A story from the man who’s life was hardly affected by the Jackson’s and the collection.

Below you may read the whole material (leave your comments to Mr. Vaccaro by clicking on the Comments link under):

Q: As it’s well known amongst the fans you get ahold of the Jackson Family memorablia on a bankrupcy court, as a result of a failed business venture with the family. What was your first feeling when you realised that you own the biggest Jackson Family memorablia on the world?
A: I was totally shocked when we started unpacking two 65 feet trailers of memorabilia. It took several months to unpack and catalog, I was amazed at the amount of very personal items that the Jackson’s had stored in that warehouse. In fact I felt that I violated this family. Some of the items included bank account deposit books, personal letters, legal documents, divorce papers, birth certificates, school records, personal family photos, etc. No one including me should have another family’s very personal property. I never wanted this property only my money. I lost the Kramer Guitar Co. which in 1988 was the most popular guitar in the US with sales of $18 million dollars as the Jackson’s defaulted on the purchase contract. I personally flew to California to met Tito where I offered to give everything back. I suggested we all go on a TV show make up with his family, and I would give everything back for nothing, I would in turn get my money from the sponsor. His lawyer refused.

Q: What were your initial plans with the memorablia? And what could you realise over the years?
A: My initial plans were to sell the collection in its entirety as I felt it would bring the most money. At first I thought it was worth several million dollars but only got bogus offers.

Q: Is it close to the truth that you didn’t do much with the items over the years from a business point of view?
A: After not being able to get real offers, as you may recall Michael’s value was at it’s lowest in those years because of his legal problems, I then decided to do a Pay Per View web site displaying the collection. In 2005 Michael sued me, my son, Vintage Pop, and MichaelJacksonSecretVault.com for One Hundred Million Dollars, hired a high power law firm and shut down the web site. I won the suite as it was dismissed with prejudice.

Q: According to the media reports you have added some more Michael Jackson items to the collection in 2007 bought on a Las Vegas auction. What was your motivation with that move?
A: Not true, I sold the entire collection to a public corporation, called Universal Express they held the Las Vegas auction which I attended when I saw the bid’s so low on what I knew were very valuable items I bought some back. The problem is the owner of Universal Express turned out to be a con artist, and was thrown in jail by the Security Exchange Commission. The SEC appointed a Receiver and Universal Express was liquidated. I was never paid. I filled suit against the Auction House, Universal Express, and the Receiver. A settlement was reached the terms of which can not be disclosed by court order. However I was allowed to recover all the unsold items.

Q: Did you buy or add other items to the collection over the years?
A: No.

Q: As the media reported you are on court with a man named Benson Hopp, because he and his partners stoled some items from the collection. Could you get back those items? Did any memorablia disappear over the years?
A: Some of the item that I was to get back were stored in a warehouse in Las Vegas these were the unsold auction items. When I went to the warehouse over 116 items of Michael’s were stolen and sold to Benson Hopp who in turn consigned them to Heritage Auction Co. We put Heritage on notice that the items were stolen we are now in court in Dallas, I believe that all items will be returned to me. I am sure many items have disappeared over the years.

Q: What was the most serious and the weirdest offer you got regarding the collection over the years?
A: The most serious offer came from Howard Mann, I must have entertained hundreds of offers some from Europe some from the Far East. I even hired several agents over the years one who claimed to have a $40,000,000 offer other in the $20,000,000 range. You name them I met with them.

Q: According to some sources you have sold the items recently to Howard Mann. Is it true? Did you keep any of the items?
A: Yes the entire collection was sold to Howard Mann. I kept some of the items.

Q: Do you have any connection with Mr. Mann and any of his entities? Mann created companies with names that are very similar to yours. As well he is using the same lawyer as you did.
A: Yes my family and I own a small percentage of the new entities in California. These entities have the same name to allow them protection under the dismissal of Michael Jackson 2005 law suite which was dismissed with prejudice. That means you cannot be sued again for the same thing. Edgar Pease is a fine lawyer he did represent me in the 2005 lawsuit. He knows all the facts that is probably why Howard Mann hired him.

Q: What do you think about the recent court case between the Michael Jackson Estate and Mr. Mann?
A: I think the lawsuit will be dismissed by the court.

Q: How do you feel about the things said or written about you in the media or on the fan forums?
A: Sometimes the nasty comments get to me but i’m sure the fan’s are acting out of their love for Michael. Nothing that I did was personal it was only business. I would like to ask the fans what they would do if in my shoes. The year is 1991, I was a major developer and general contractor in my home state of New Jersey, I was 51 years old. My father died in 1959 at age 51, I was 19, I quit college and started a construction business from scratch, worked 7 days a week built the business to one of the largest construction firms in the state, building schools, hospitals, Hi-Rise apartments, and hotels. In 1985, I formed a joint venture to develop my home town of Asbury Park NJ. The value of that project was $1 Billion Dollars. The economy went bad in late 80′s. My joint venture partner went bankrupt and took me with him. I owned a 256 room hotel in Asbury Park, Johnny Cash, my closest friend was one of my partners  :shock: , the hotel then failed and went bankrupt. These events forced me into personal bankruptcy and I lost everything, including my Home, three Motels, Office Building, hotel,and a 12 building Industrial Park all toll assets of over $80 million, everything I worked my whole life for was gone. The only thing my family had left was H.V.V. Corp which owned Kramer Guitar Co as the stock was owned by my son and daughter and not subject to my personal bankruptcy. Going back to 1976 I was the original investor in Kramer Guitar Co I eventually became Chairman of the Board. Kramer grew so fast that by the late 80′s it was the hottest guitar in the country, played and endorsed by Eddie Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Hank Williams Jr, Twisted Sister on and on. We made a custom guitar for Tito Jackson and Kramer was used on The Victory Tour. In 1989 Kramer was sold to a investment group they defaulted on a bank loan and H.V.V. corp purchased the assets from the bank, and tried to revitalize the Kramer Brand. However a dispute with the bank over the ownership of some trademarks forced H.V.V. corp into a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. In 1991, while in Bankruptcy H.V.V. won it’s suit against the bank and was then approached by the Jackson Family through their newly established corporation called Jackson Communications Inc. to purchase,and fund the Plan of Reorganization for H.V.V.corp. which would lead to J.C.I. owning Kramer. Part of the deal was that I would sit on the Advisory Board of Directors of J.C.I. In 1992 I attended a Board meeting lasting 4 days held at the family home, Havenhurst, in Encino. I met the entire family except Michael. That Plan of Reorganization was approved by the Court. J.C.I. made the first payment and then defaulted and made no other payments. The Court converted H.V.V. to a Chapter 7 and sold the assets at auction I got NOTHING. I am now completely broke. So I filed suite against J.C.I. and was awarded a judgment of $1.4 million J.C.I. claimed they had no assets, the Federal Judge allowed me to pierce the corporate vail and personal judgments were entered against all stockholders that could be served. We could never serve Michael, Janet or Jackie, my lawyer was not concerned as he figured we could easily collect $1.4 million from the rest of the family. After losing everything in a personal bankruptcy and then getting screwed out of the last thing your family own’s meaning the Guitar Company is a bitter pill to swallow. So I fought Back. Like any reasonable person in my shoes would have done, nothing personal just business.

Q: Did you ever meet with Michael Jackson? What do you think about him?
A: No I never met Michael but I feel like I know him from seeing many of his personal effects. You could tell how talented he was just by some of his writings and drawings which I had the privilege to see and touch.I wish that I could have met him because I believe that we could have resolved our problems. Instead this team of lawyers got involved and really came after me .I must tell you this, that by 1993 I was so broke that at the deposition of Joe Jackson I offered to settle my $1.4 million dollar judgment for a quick payment of $100 thousand dollars. The family lawyer say’s “I’m here to make sure that you get nothing”. That attitude is what kept me going…

So his friend was Jonny Cash??? Wow so it is true the second account is real  :D .
This hoax is very complex one,I have no words,I'm lost  :?  :shock: .

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

February 27, 2011, 08:54:30 AM
This reminds me of the TMZ article "MJ Songs, Art and Photos -- Tale of Thievery"

Challenging the Jackson estate

Toronto businessman aiming for slice of King of Pop’s pie
LOS ANGELES For someone trying to sell a book, it couldn’t get much better than this: Oprah Winfrey, America’s reader-in-chief, was holding up a glossy volume of Michael Jackson photographs for her vast television audience while tossing softball questions to its coauthor, the late singer’s 80-year-old mother.
The gauzily shot moment of marketing gold was not the work of the official Jackson estate but of a little-known Toronto businessman, Howard Mann, a brash, goateed 38-year-old who cut his teeth in the titillation trade — nude online gambling, a naked women’s wrestling league — and is now pursuing an unorthodox plan to profit from what he calls “the most valuable name in history.”
That plan is a direct challenge to the Jackson estate, the behemoth quasi-corporation whose carefully strategized promotion of the pop star’s legacy and ironhanded crackdown on unlicensed merchandise have translated into hundreds of millions in posthumous earnings. The brewing fight between the estate and Mann is the latest wrinkle in the settling of his affairs and another reminder that even in death, nothing involving the King of Pop is ever simple.
Mann is taking on the estate armed with two weapons — a legal loophole that he says gives him carte blanche to flout intellectual property laws, and an unlikely alliance with Jackson’s mother, Katherine. Frustrated with the size of her allowance from the estate, the family matriarch has entered into a business partnership with Mann in which she has given her blessing to the book and other projects and he has paid her what he said was “hundreds of thousands of dollars.”
“I’m very pleased working with Howard. He’s been very good to me,” she said recently.
These joint endeavours are becoming a headache for estate administrators, who seem reticent to offend Katherine Jackson, the guardian of the singer’s three children and a much admired figure to fans. A lawyer for the estate dismissed Mann’s novel legal theory as flawed, but the administrators have not moved to stop sales of his unauthorized Jackson products as they have with others who tried to cash in on Jackson’s name or likeness.
For the past five months, the estate has sat silent as Mann’s company, Vintage Pop Media, has touted its ownership of a trove of Jackson memorabilia — photos, personal papers, costumes and music — and hawked the book, calendars and other items on its website.
The estate’s lawyer, Howard Weitzman, said of Mann: “His day is coming. The estate will be taking appropriate legal action.”
In the scope of the Jackson empire, with its $273-million deal with Sony and the $260-million concert movie, Mann’s ventures — the $39.99 book and the $27.98 calendar — are small-time. However, his projects have hit a nerve in the delicate relationship between Jackson’s beloved mother and the two music veterans he tapped in his will to control his business affairs.
Under the terms of a private trust set up by the will, the singer’s children and his mother each get a 40 per cent share of the trust with the remainder going to charity. Upon Katherine Jackson’s death, her portion passes to the children. Jackson owed creditors about half a billion dollars at the time of his death. The estate remains in the red although massive music and merchandise deals as well as financial restructuring have significantly reduced the debt.
In a telephone interview, Katherine Jackson praised administrators John Branca and John McClain for doing “a very good job” managing the estate, but criticized her monthly cash allowance of $7,000 to $8,000 as inadequate and said it left her dependent on Mann to cover her expenses.
“I wish they would leave Howard alone and I wish they would leave me alone for working with Howard. I’m not greedy like people say. It’s need, not greed.”
The estate disputes the suggestion that administrators are not meeting her living expenses. Weitzman, the lawyer, noted that the allowance was approved by a probate judge and said the cash payments were only one aspect of the financial support that administrators provided. The estate also paid off the mortgage on the family home in Encino and foots the bill for household staff, security, vehicles, food, tuition and vacations.
“The estate has spent millions of dollars for Mrs. Jackson’s benefit and on the direct living expenses of both Mrs. Jackson and the children,” Weitzman said.
But for Katherine Jackson, it is not enough. “I think I should be getting more,” she said. She declined to specify why she needed the money. Her husband, Joe, sought an allowance from the court but was denied. Several other grandchildren also reside at the family home.
Finances were on her mind a few months after her son’s death when she was approached by Mann.
The business partners seem an odd pair: Katherine Jackson is a devout Jehovah’s Witness while much of Mann’s resumé is X-rated. Mann was the former chief executive of an online gambling site that featured topless porn stars as dealers and also headed up the Naked Women’s Wrestling League, an outfit that made its biggest headlines when it was sued by its hostess, Carmen Electra.
But when Mann introduced himself to Katherine Jackson a few months after her son’s June 2009 death, he offered her two things she wanted: money and the opportunity to protect her son’s reputation from yet another damaging press report.
Both stemmed from his purchase of an enormous memorabilia collection that Jackson’s parents had originally assembled for a planned family museum. Katherine and Joe Jackson subsequently developed financial problems and the collection was sold at a 2001 bankruptcy auction. Eventually, the memorabilia came into the possession of a New Jersey construction company owner, Henry Vaccaro Sr., who set up a pay-per-view website to profit from the material.
Michael Jackson sued Vaccaro and his company, Vintage Pop, for copyright infringement, cybersquatting, violation of his privacy rights and other claims in 2004, but the next year after his acquittal on child molestation charges, he decamped to Bahrain, refused to submit to a deposition and stopped paying his lawyers.
A federal judge dismissed the case in 2006 “with prejudice” — meaning the singer was barred from refiling the same claims.
After Jackson’s death, word that Vaccaro was trying to sell the collection reached Mann. He wasn’t a fan of Jackson’s music, but he had previously considered purchasing a music catalogue of early Jackson 5 recordings and he saw investment potential in the warehouse of old costumes, yellowing papers, artwork, pictures and recordings. When he looked closely, however, he concluded that the most valuable thing Vintage Pop had was not a particular piece of memorabilia but the court decision.
As Mann saw it, whoever owned Vintage Pop, the company Jackson had sued, was forever immunized against intellectual property suits from Jackson or his heirs and had free rein to make money from Jackson’s name.
“This is effectively a satellite estate. Its value is unfathomable,” Mann said.
Vaccaro and his family were stunned by his assessment of the judge’s declaration.
“We were thinking all this stuff, that’s the golden goose, the last thing we were thinking was this piece of paper,” recalled Vaccaro’s son-in-law, Mark Bahary, who was involved in the negotiations. In return, Vaccaro got an undisclosed amount of money and a slice of the profits.
After buying Vintage Pop, Mann approached Katherine Jackson to seek the family approval he felt was necessary before trying to sell merchandise to fans.
He said he told her he could provide regular cash payments with more ease than the estate, which was encumbered by her son’s debt.
He also told her a British tabloid was offering him “seven figures” for a “particular item” from the memorabilia locker. Mann declined to identify the item or the publication but said it was clear the paper’s goal was to smear Jackson’s memory.
At the family’s request, he destroyed the item and returned a box of other personal items to the family.
“He was nice enough to come to me with those things and I really appreciated what he did,” Katherine Jackson recalled.
The relationship has not been without missteps. This fall, Vintage Pop gave the gossip site TMZ a track from the memorabilia locker that the site advertised as never before released. It turned out to be a remix of an old Jacksons track, Destiny. The fan backlash was swift and brutal, and Mann had to issue an apology.
In addition to the book and other merchandise, Mann is working on a documentary based on 26 hours of Jackson family videotapes from the memorabilia locker. He is also planning a music-sharing site where users can remix some of the 273 Jackson music tracks from the memorabilia he bought.
“Long term, we believe the fan is going to want to buy the product that his mother feels is worthy to have his name attached,” Mann said.
Los Angeles Times

“Long term, we believe the fan is going to want to buy the product that his mother feels is worthy to have his name attached,” Mann said. -> really? I hope Katherine is pulling the strings here in Michael's name, and not Mann.

Probably some of you already knew about this news, but this article caught my eye recently. I'm afraid there's much much more behind all this. I don't know what to think..What is TMZ telling us?? Who are the good guys, who's with Michael?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions