skywaysTopic starter

'Behind the mask' video
February 25, 2011, 04:57:23 PM
Not sure what is the right place to put that allegedly new video from Mike :P  - my appology if its wrong category, feel free to move.
Anyway- i serch our forum and could not get any info about that.
So, shall we investigate ;)
LOVE!

credits goes to Milena from mjhd.net
Thanx for you find , Milena

Report this postReply with quote'Behind the mask' video
by Milena » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 pm

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

On set micheal jackson video...behind the mask

Brain!!! Behind the mask

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (rebecca starkman)

I was chosen to be featured in Michael Jackson's music video for "Behind the Mask" yesterday. Such an amazing day. Kind of in shock.

Still shot from 'Behind The Mask' music video

from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-> cant copy and paste link , sorry  :(

Behind the Mask - Michael Jackson's rarest recording?
 :!: BTWJuly 1, 2009 10:40 AM :!:   Subscribe
Michael Jackson penned and recorded lots of songs, many of which remain unreleased. Perhaps the most infamous, and rarest recording, is his version of Behind the Mask. Legend has it that upon hearing Yellow Magic Orchestra's original track, somewhen around 1979, Quincy Jones fell in love with the track, and he and Michael worked together on their own version. Jackson wrote new lyrics for it - adding to those of Ryuichi Sakamoto and Chris Mosdell - and eventually recorded it during his Off The Wall sessions. For unknown reasons the track never made the final cut of, arguably, Jones' and Jackson's greatest work. Not long afterwards Greg Phillinganes, Jackson's keyboard player, released his own version of the song, which was later taken up and re-recorded by Eric Clapton for his 1986, Phil Collins produced album, August. The track has since been recorded/remixed by Human League, Senor Coconut, Orbital and others. Does an original Jones/Jackson recording of the song even exist? Perhaps, as the world continues to mourn the star's sad death, someone will finally allow us a listen.
posted by 0bvious (31 comments total)

[YouTube] Michael Jackson - Behind The Mask  [/YouTube]

Michael Jackson Behind the Mask Lyrics:
All along, had to talk about it
Like a two-edged sword, he touched you and it stabs me
All along, knew you were a phony girl
Sit behind the mask where you control your world

Yesterday he had you in his arms
When I'm holding you, I feel his bitter charms
I can't judge what you do to me
Camouflage the truth, indulge your fantasy

Who do you love?
Is it me now, is it him babe? I don't know
Who do you love?
Is it me babe, is it him now? I don't know

There is nothing in your eyes that's the way you cry
All is grand, all is bright, you're just studying my mind

Was I invited to your masquerade?
Well the party's over so now take off your face
You say you love, but it's hard to see
When you're in his arms, throwing rocks at me

[ Find more Lyrics on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ]
Who do you love?
Is it me now, is it him babe? I don't know
Who do you love?

I walk around suffering in my doom
When I come to you, you're sitting in your room
The truth is news, I have longed to trace
So take off the mask so I can see your face

Who do you love?
Is it me baby, is it him now? I don't know
Who do you love?
Is it me babe, is it him baby? I don't know
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Is it me now, is it him baby? I don't know

Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Is it me baby, is it him? I want to know
Who do you love?
Lyrics: Behind the Mask, Michael Jackson [end]

Info from Wiki
Michael Jackson version"Behind the Mask"

Single by Michael Jackson
from the album Michael
Released February 21, 2011
Format CD, digital download
Recorded 1982-2010
Genre Synthpop, Dance-pop, R&B
Length 5:03 (album version)
3:39 (radio edit)
Label Epic
Writer(s) Michael Jackson
Chris Mosdell
Ryuichi Sakamoto[10]
Producer Michael Jackson
John McClain[11]
Michael Jackson singles chronology
"Hollywood Tonight"
(2011) "Behind the Mask"
(2011)  

Michael track listing
"(I Can't Make It) Another Day"
(8) "Behind The Mask"
(9) "Much Too Soon"
(10)

"Behind the Mask" is an album track from American recording artist Michael Jackson's posthumous album Michael, which was released on December 14, 2010.

[edit] Background and releaseQuincy Jones heard Yellow Magic Orchestra’s version during the Thriller sessions, and brought it to Michael Jackson, Michael had recorded the song, adding an extra melody line and a few extra lyrics. Legal battles prevented the song to be released on Jackson's sixth studio album, Thriller, and remained unreleased for over 20 years.[6]

However, as a part of Sony Music's 10-album recording deal with the Estate of Michael Jackson, the song was announced to be released on the posthumous album of Jackson's, titled Michael. Singer Shanice provides background vocals on the song.[12] In February 2011, the song was released as a single in France. [13]

[edit] Critical receptionThe song received positive reviews from music critics. Jody Rosen from Rolling Stone called the song "a fiercely funky cousin to "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' ."[14] Dan Martin from NME thought the song was "an absolute revelation, a swirl of psychedelic, orchestra-twinged R&B", and said "Jackson howls a solid-gold melody at his fearsome best, and blippy production and robotic backing vocals dancing behind it." [15] Jason Lipshutz with Gail Mitchell and Gary Graff from Billboard thought the song was "a must-listen songs on Michael", and it "holds the highest number of Jackson's signature 'hee-hee!' exclaims".[16] Joe Pareles from New York Times said, the song was originally a 1979 hit by Ryuichi Sakamoto’s group Yellow Magic Orchestra with Jackson's lyrics about a coldhearted woman, but the final version which was completed by Mr. McClain was mixed with applause and squeals from concert crowds from Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour.[11] Leah Greenblatt from Entertainment Weekly thought the song seemed "oddly dated by sax flourishes — though perhaps that makes it a good companion to the lilting closer Much Too Soon, an actual relic of the early ’80s".[17] The author of the forthcoming book, Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson, Joe Vogel thought Mr John McClain' update to the song was skillful, making it sound brand new and retro at the same time. And he thought the song "definitely one of the highlights of the album".[18]

[edit] Single release"Behind the Mask" is the third single released from Michael Jackson's first posthumous album Michael. The single was released to French radio on February 21, 2011, and digital download was also available.[19]

[edit] Track listingDigital Download
"Behind the Mask" (Album Version) - 5:03
Promotional Digital Single
"Behind the Mask" (Radio Edit) - 3:39
France Promotional CD Single
"Behind the Mask" (Radio Edit) - 3:39

BLESSINGS!!>>>>
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Re: 'Behind the mask' video
February 25, 2011, 05:10:31 PM
Huh? Is the single released? Didn't hear anything about it.

Off topic, but whoever is behind that mask is wearing a GORGEOUS jacket!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 25, 2011, 06:20:29 PM
here is :)
[youtube:1p9lorfh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SyxA4K_tIQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1p9lorfh]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

February 25, 2011, 06:59:37 PM
One of the best songs on the album, I absolutely love it. I am curious what the single will do in the charts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

February 25, 2011, 11:47:15 PM
Adore this song. Adore.

But the lyrics posted are not what he sings.

Ps.

"you know me"

Yeah I do MJ. And to answer the ques, I love YOU. Not that other guy. The guy they say is Michael Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

RunFaYaLife

February 26, 2011, 12:00:52 AM
Yeah I do MJ. And to answer the ques, I love YOU. Not that other guy. The guy they say is Michael Jackson.

Let me help you with you bad night you seem to be having.
Both  Michael's are the same person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

February 26, 2011, 12:04:41 AM
Quote from: "RunFaYaLife"

Let me help you with you bad night you seem to be having.
Both  Michael's are the same person.

Sorry smart ass. I was speaking metaphorically.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

RunFaYaLife

February 26, 2011, 12:13:38 AM
Sorry smart ass.

Touchy.
Gee I wonder where the mod is with that "warning" like the one I got for using that same phrase?    >sarcasm<

I'm not.
You do not think Michael Jackson had/has a multiple faceted personality?
Look at his life, songs. short films. Hello.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 27, 2011, 04:03:33 PM
Okay - this looks interesting. I wasn't sure if I should give it its own thread or put it in here so here it is. Come on all of you talented supporters - here is your chance to shine for MJ!

Sony Want YOUR Creative Input for “Behind The Mask” Video

In the spirit of Michael Jackson’s pioneering videos that pushed the creative boundaries in capturing the look, feel and emotions of music, the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music will provide everyone who likes music an opportunity to help create online a unique groundbreaking music video for the single “Behind the Mask”.

Led by the creative team at Radical Media and director Dennis Liu, participants will visit the website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which will be loaded with simple tools that define the different roles one can play in this landmark project. First, users select a move, a lyric, or a crowd reaction; performers can even demonstrate their own moonwalk, the anti-gravity lean or the toe stand.  Then, using the site’s split-screen template, contributors can shoot their move right on the website with their web cam (or their video camera) and upload their clip at the precise time it occurs in the video.

After the worldwide community has come together and done their part, the director will select the top clips and weave them into this historical work of Michael Jackson video art.  The final results of The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled during the first week in April.

“Behind the Mask” is a critic and fan favorite from MICHAEL – the unique collection of songs featuring Michael’s performances completed posthumously and released in December by the Michael Jackson Estate and Sony Music. MICHAEL was the #1 global album upon its release in December and has shipped over 3 million units worldwide making it one of the biggest albums of 2010. The album’s success continues to underscore Michael’s importance as a global icon and superstar, transcending cultures and languages.

Sign up now at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for updates on the project. Participate starting March 7, 2011 at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
February 27, 2011, 04:28:54 PM
One of my fave songs in the album. Amazing! And Sony Want OUR Creative Input for “Behind The Mask” Video. I Liked the idea.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Victor

Michael Jackson's Ultimate Music Fan Global Mash-up To Launch Online March 7
Innovative "Behind The Mask" Video Project Seeks Creative Input From Across The World To Shape Unique Artistic Vision

In the spirit of Michael Jackson's pioneering videos that pushed the creative boundaries in capturing the look, feel and emotions of music, the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music will provide everyone who likes music an opportunity to help create online a unique groundbreaking music video for the single "Behind the Mask". Using the web in a truly innovative way, people from around the world on March 7 will come together to create an imaginative piece of Michael Jackson history in The Behind the Mask Project.

Led by the creative team at Radical Media and director Dennis Liu, participants will visit the website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which will be loaded with simple tools that define the different roles one can play in this landmark project. First, users select a move, a lyric, or a crowd reaction; performers can even demonstrate their own moonwalk, the anti-gravity lean or the toe stand. Then, using the site's split-screen template, contributors can shoot their move right on the website with their web cam (or their video camera) and upload their clip at the precise time it occurs in the video.

After the worldwide community has come together and done their part, the director will select the top clips and weave them into this historical work of Michael Jackson video art. The final results of The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled during the first week in April.

"Behind the Mask" is a critic and fan favorite from MICHAEL – the unique collection of songs featuring Michael's performances completed posthumously and released in December by the Michael Jackson Estate and Sony Music. MICHAEL was the #1 global album upon its release in December and has shipped over 3 million units worldwide making it one of the biggest albums of 2010. The album's success continues to underscore Michael's importance as a global icon and superstar, transcending cultures and languages.

Sign up now at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for updates on the project. Participate starting March 7, 2011 at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Dennis Liu is an award-winning digital filmmaker at @radical.media. Dennis quickly made a name for himself winning awards for clients that include Apple and Microsoft and being honored in the renowned "Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase".

@radical.media is a global transmedia company that creates some of the world's most innovative content and the home to @radical.media design+digital. @radical.media's award-winning projects include the Academy Award®-winning documentary "The Fog of War"; the Grammy®-winning "Concert for George"; the Independent Spirit Award-winning "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster"; the award-winning digital experience "The Wilderness Downtown" for Google Creative Lab and Arcade Fire; the Grammy-nominated "The Johnny Cash Project"; the Emmy® and Golden Globe®-winning pilot episode of the hit series "Mad Men"; the Emmy®-winning "10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America" for the History Channel; and five seasons of the critically acclaimed Sundance Channel series "Iconoclasts," among others.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions