Argumentative Essay ideas?
February 27, 2011, 09:53:36 AM
So I've been assigned a paper for college that requires me to take a stance on a position and argue about it. so I was thinking of doing something like Is it appropriate for a high profiled celebrity to fake their own death if they feel their own life is in danger? I initially thought that I was going to argue whether MJ was alive, which would be a really heated argument to make, but I don't think that would be too fitting as I might be looked as crazy by my teacher and she might end up failing me for having outlandish theories becuase we all know michael is CLEARLY dead and which is why we are on this Death Realization board, to remind us of how not alive he is.  :lol: (i apologize for the sarcasm!) but anyway, ideas would be lovely. thank you!

EDIT: oops could someone move this thread? I didnt realize i made the post in breaking news!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

Andrea

Re: Argumentative Essay ideas?
February 27, 2011, 10:06:08 AM
If presented properly, the "Michael is still alive" argument is a great idea.  I don't think your teacher should fail you based on the subject you choose - because the stance you're taking is Michael is alive and you should definitely have enough evidence to argue your stance.  And really, it would probably be the most interesting paper your teacher would read.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

February 27, 2011, 10:23:59 AM
I agree with Andrea. Not to mention that all the research is done already  in the hoax recap thread. Talk about a win/win situation. You'd get to present something you feel passionately about , it would be unique, and half the work is already done.  :P Now that's something to be happy about. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

February 27, 2011, 01:28:36 PM
I agree that it's in how it's presented. It needs to be objective, presenting the facts for both sides, and ending with strong reasoning for coming to your conclusion, not just passionate emotions. The only problem I see is if the teacher already has a strong hatred for MJ because of the sexual allegations. Maybe you could put a small paragraph clearing MJ's name in what happened. It would be cool if you posted it here after you're done!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions