No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The Jackson Files -- WonderWall Magazine
April 09, 2012, 03:20:57 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, that was short-lived then.

thats ok... the 'real' news scoop that we are waiting for will NEVER be forgotten and be the most shocking in history!

:multiplespotting: :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

re: bring from australia, the word SHIT in tittle (and apologies to God for typing that, as I no longer profane) i didnt read it as a negative... i think it is a language thing, that means it could be read in a negative way.... in australia we use the word shit all the time to describe good things...

for example, "im gonna go down to the supermarket to get some shit" (here "shit" means "stuff")

for example when smoking a joint, "thats good shit" (agan, "shit" meaning "stuff")

for example, "its ok, pull your shit together" (meaning get "yourself" together)

and finally...

for example, "after football practice, i am going to go home and wash my shit" (again, "shit" meaning "stuff")

so when i read the title of this article, i read it as "We are here to report all the stuff the media has ignored!!"

I didnt read it as though they were saying the actual content that they were reporting was Shit (negative) or BS...

edit. also no point debating it. but i think it would have been great to have full control over the article. both ways of doing it would have had pros and cons, but at least the site / forum would have been represented the right way.

edit II - and i dont think it would have put MJ in danger of being found... this is a mediocre magazine we talking about, not the CIA
Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:23:50 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

MJonmind

April 09, 2012, 03:45:28 AM
Aussie  :icon_lol:
It's somewhat like that in Canada, but I would say it's used equally for both good and bad.

But MJ sang, "This time around I'm taking no shit."  That context is negative --mindgames, lies, manipulation, robbery, attempts at his assassination.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2012, 03:58:40 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But MJ sang, "This time around I'm taking no shit."  That context is negative --mindgames, lies, manipulation, robbery, attempts at his assassination.

yeah, get that... but i think in this case, not the song, but title of article, shit means stuff...

but look, even though i didnt read it as a negative, this very thread is a demonstration of how the colloquialism is subjective to the reader and ambiguous, dependnt on the audience.

so although i personally dont read it as a negative or offensive, a different title would have been a smarter option by editor to use to eliminate uncertainty and to open / attract a wider audience of people from various backgrounds who may not use the word in a positive manner.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal