everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Michael Jackson Dubai Island Designs
March 07, 2011, 04:12:11 PM
Michael Jackson Dubai Island designs
7 Mar 2011 Updated at 10:57 PM UAE

A design competition launched by websites Archinect and Bustle to come up with a fitting memorial for pop star Michael Jackson has attracted 158 entries from all over the world, including three designs of an island to be built off Dubai.

Jackson Islands

By zsuzsanna (Vienna-Budapest)

Dubai has been the place of architectural miracles, whose achievements are visible even from outer Space. None of the existing constructions will, however, be comparable in monumentality to the new Jackson islands. With a size of 10 by 15km, the islands are formed after the lines of Michael Jackson’s face. His face, an enclosed bay, is turning towards the continent. Unlike all the other islands in Dubai, these ones are artificial hills, reaching a peak of 3,776 metres (the height of the Fuji Mount).

The King of Pop
By Steven Ward (Louisville)

In tribute to Michael Jackson, Dubai’s most spectacular artificial island development to date will capture Jackson’s signature pose in profile. From the tip of The Palm Jumeirah development, The King of Pop will extend an additional 25km into the Gulf, adding hundreds of kilometres of new shoreline to the Dubai waterfront and thousands of opportunities for Jackson’s legacy to inspire exciting new residential, leisure and entertainment centers in a variety of settings.

Jackson Island
By eigenvectors (NYC)

Michael Jackson’s iconic dance moves are recognisable as the earth’s map or a palm tree. The Michael Jackson Memorial Island would be placed off the coast of Dubai next to the other man made islands. The island would include an airport, hotel, amusement parks, and many ranches.

Fountain of Youth - The Michael Jackson Memorial

By Shakeel (UK)

The Fountain of Youth memorial is a design that would be built within a park and create a quite and vibrant place for people to gather. It is a fun and interactive memorial which comes to life at sunset with its glow.

This memorial would be best located in his hometown of Indiana, although it could be places in other locations such as the Neverland Ranch or places the family would feel that are best suited.

TOP OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY

By mara (Serbia)

My idea was inspired by Michael’s video ‘Black or White’, when he appears standing at the of the Statue of liberty. The idea was to have a sculpture standing just like in the video, so that Michael’s monument becomes the whole Statue of liberty.

There are two main arguments of this idea: The first is the symbolic value of the Statue of Liberty which lies in ideals such as liberty, peace, human rights, democracy and opportunity. There is no person in our popular culure that represents these values as Michael Jackson did.
The design starts with a narrow walkway to signify a journey (and ends with a wider walkway across the other side of the podium.

Mt. Rushmore – Extension

By cdbureau (London)

Could an extension be added to Mount Rushmore National Memorial? This time be it not a political representative but none less important a cultural leader of his time and one that has and will influence global generations. This would alter the ‘face’ of Mt. Rushmore changing it from a patriotic cultural excursion to embodying it with universal appeal for a universal audience.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A real plan or an utopia? 8-)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Re: Michael Jackson Dubai Island Designs
March 07, 2011, 05:03:46 PM
That is pretty neat looking.  It's amazing how Michael still has connections in Dubai.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 07, 2011, 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: "dragonflylilies"
That is pretty neat looking.  It's amazing how Michael still has connections in Dubai.

Same thoughts :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

all4loveandbelieve

March 07, 2011, 07:08:53 PM
Quote from: "dragonflylilies"

My only concern is when they find out he is alive and kicking, I wonder how they will feel?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
March 07, 2011, 08:17:47 PM
Ohh boy. I hope he comes back before they start doing these. What would they think if he comes back later on?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dom425

March 07, 2011, 08:22:51 PM
Good question all4loveandbelieve , but what a really want to know is what the whole world is going to think when he returns. I just hope his life won't be in danger because of him faking his death. I am sure there will be people who will be upset for him leaving. I hope also that those people will understand why he had to leave when he returns and that those who wanted him dead won't try and kill him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Magic

In People\'s Hearts Forever

Child Like Heart

Hope

Angel

Eyes That Say It All

L.O.V.E

Just What The World Needs

Amazing

Charm

Knight

Sings For All People

Outstanding

Never gives up

So let\'s pray for all the lost children.
Let\'s pray for all the lost children wishing them well.
This is for all the lost children.
This ones for all the lost children.
Just think of all the lost children wishing tem well and wishing them home. ~The Lost Children

all4loveandbelieve

March 07, 2011, 10:27:48 PM
Quote from: "dom425"
Good question all4loveandbelieve , but what a really want to know is what the whole world is going to think when he returns. I just hope his life won't be in danger because of him faking his death. I am sure there will be people who will be upset for him leaving. I hope also that those people will understand why he had to leave when he returns and that those who wanted him dead won't try and kill him.

Exactly, Dubai is not the only country doing something for Michael death. Alot of people are doing something for remembering him due to his death. Now if he comes back how does he and the people going to feel? I am sure it will cost Dubai lots of money to do the island designs. I hope he comes back before all of this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

March 08, 2011, 08:24:46 AM
It annoys me when I hear that people say they will be upset if he is alive. It is insanity to me to know that people have the gaul to be "angered' by a persons decision to do what ever is necessary to save and protect themselves, regardless of how or why.  It's Michael Jackson's life.  It's Michael Jackson's money.  It's Michael Jackson's decision as well it should be.  Screw them :roll:  who made them God and Master?  I know it's not his way, but I certainly wish he'd straighten them when he returns, even if it means a simple gesture like giving them the middle finger.  surely they's understand that one. :evil: Burns me up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

all4loveandbelieve

March 08, 2011, 08:34:20 AM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
It annoys me when I hear that people say they will be upset if he is alive. It is insanity to me to know that people have the gaul to be "angered' by a persons decision to do what ever is necessary to save and protect themselves, regardless of how or why.  It's Michael Jackson's life.  It's Michael Jackson's money.  It's Michael Jackson's decision as well it should be.  Screw them :roll:  who made them God and Master?  I know it's not his way, but I certainly wish he'd straighten them when he returns, even if it means a simple gesture like giving them the middle finger.  surely they's understand that one. :evil: Burns me up.

Did you read properly what I wrote? I said my concern is what will happen when he comes back and these countries spend millions and millions of dollars in his honor? HE IS NOT DEAD. don't youthink they will be angry????? Us fans we haven't spend millions on him, so we are so happy to have him back.  Please read correctly thanks and blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

March 08, 2011, 05:47:30 PM
I understand your concern. Sometimes I'm worried too when I'm imagining how people might react on MJ's return. Well, I was thinking that at first there will be quite some people who'll be upset (at the least), yet to many it won't be a real big surprise, due to the number of hoax theories and speculations on internet and in the news. People (non believers) are already well informed and start to wonder "what if he's alive...?" and get to know about his motives and realize that they are completely comprehendible. That's why the hoax takes some time - 4 years - before MJ returns, just let it simmer as in TII Michael said “Just let it simmer”. He would always tell the musicians, so to slow down and let the audience got crazy. Just think about it, all the amazing MJ tributes are even more effective now MJ is alive, because he can really enjoy them :D

FAITH always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

March 08, 2011, 10:22:13 PM
What upsets me is how he is just now being honored by so many.  That is the time when he should be honored when he is alive and well not dead and not able to appreciate and see how much he is loved throughout the world.  My parents always told us to enjoy life and to give while you are alive.  My mom always told us please give me my flowers while I am alive so that I can truly appreciate them not when I am dead and I agree Michael should be honored while he is here on earth for him to know that what he has done and given to the world has not gone in vain. So I dont see why they should be angry or upset if they do this and he returns thats when he should really be celebrated.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 08, 2011, 11:45:48 PM
I posted this same thing like two years ago. lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
March 09, 2011, 03:39:14 AM
Famous personalities associated with Dubai property

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's give this a shot. Dubai seems to be booming as far as celebrities are concerned... let's make a list of all the famous ones that have invested in Dubai or have shown an interest and we will update the list as new ones come along..

1. Nicholas Anelka - Dubai Marina
2. David Beckham - Palm Jumeirah
3. Donald Trump - Offshore developments
4. Shahrukh Khan - Palm Deira
5. Rod Stewart - The World
6. Morgan Freeman - General Interest
7. Don King - General Interest
8. Julio Iglesias - The Villa
9. Michael Jackson - General Interest
10. Santo Versace - Resort/Hotel Development
11. Giorgio Armani - Burj Dubai - Hotel Development
12. Michael Owen - Palm Jumeirah
13. Gary Neville - Palm Jumeirah
14. Paul Scholes - Palm Jumeirah
15. Wes Brown - Palm Jumeirah
16. Nicky Butt - Palm Jumeirah
17. Wayne Bridge - Palm Jumeirah
18. Ashley Cole - Palm Jumeirah
19. Joe Cole - Palm Jumeirah
20. Kieron Dyer - Palm Jumeirah
21. David James - Palm Jumeirah
22. Ray Clemence - Palm Jumeirah
23. Robbie Williams - Palm Jumeirah
24. Guy Ritchie - Palm Jumeirah
25. George Michael - Jumeirah Islands

Jackson, who turned 47 yesterday, has been well received by the local poobahs including UAE champion rally driver Mohammad Ben Sulayem, and rumors are rife that he has either bought a house in Bahrain, or will buy one in Dubai, or both.

Dubai's Gulf News reported that "Michael Jackson, the king of pop, has been wowing his fans in Dubai and has pledged his first visit definitely will not be his last." The paper also said, "The megastar has toured the main sights in the city," and he "enjoyed a bite at the Hard Rock Café and the Burj Al Arab."

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 27, 2011, 08:40:59 PM
Quote from: "everlastinglove_MJ"
Michael Jackson Dubai Island designs
7 Mar 2011 Updated at 10:57 PM UAE

A design competition launched by websites Archinect and Bustle to come up with a fitting memorial for pop star Michael Jackson has attracted 158 entries from all over the world, including three designs of an island to be built off Dubai.

Jackson Islands

By zsuzsanna (Vienna-Budapest)

Dubai has been the place of architectural miracles, whose achievements are visible even from outer Space. None of the existing constructions will, however, be comparable in monumentality to the new Jackson islands. With a size of 10 by 15km, the islands are formed after the lines of Michael Jackson’s face. His face, an enclosed bay, is turning towards the continent. Unlike all the other islands in Dubai, these ones are artificial hills, reaching a peak of 3,776 metres (the height of the Fuji Mount).

The King of Pop
By Steven Ward (Louisville)

In tribute to Michael Jackson, Dubai’s most spectacular artificial island development to date will capture Jackson’s signature pose in profile. From the tip of The Palm Jumeirah development, The King of Pop will extend an additional 25km into the Gulf, adding hundreds of kilometres of new shoreline to the Dubai waterfront and thousands of opportunities for Jackson’s legacy to inspire exciting new residential, leisure and entertainment centers in a variety of settings.

Jackson Island
By eigenvectors (NYC)

Michael Jackson’s iconic dance moves are recognisable as the earth’s map or a palm tree. The Michael Jackson Memorial Island would be placed off the coast of Dubai next to the other man made islands. The island would include an airport, hotel, amusement parks, and many ranches.

Fountain of Youth - The Michael Jackson Memorial

By Shakeel (UK)

The Fountain of Youth memorial is a design that would be built within a park and create a quite and vibrant place for people to gather. It is a fun and interactive memorial which comes to life at sunset with its glow.

This memorial would be best located in his hometown of Indiana, although it could be places in other locations such as the Neverland Ranch or places the family would feel that are best suited.

TOP OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY

By mara (Serbia)

My idea was inspired by Michael’s video ‘Black or White’, when he appears standing at the of the Statue of liberty. The idea was to have a sculpture standing just like in the video, so that Michael’s monument becomes the whole Statue of liberty.

There are two main arguments of this idea: The first is the symbolic value of the Statue of Liberty which lies in ideals such as liberty, peace, human rights, democracy and opportunity. There is no person in our popular culure that represents these values as Michael Jackson did.
The design starts with a narrow walkway to signify a journey (and ends with a wider walkway across the other side of the podium.

Mt. Rushmore – Extension

By cdbureau (London)

Could an extension be added to Mount Rushmore National Memorial? This time be it not a political representative but none less important a cultural leader of his time and one that has and will influence global generations. This would alter the ‘face’ of Mt. Rushmore changing it from a patriotic cultural excursion to embodying it with universal appeal for a universal audience.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A real plan or an utopia? 8-)

Wow the designs look Great! But unfortunately it's not true, they are not going to be build.
One of the leading construction companies in Dubai Nakheel is in debt since 2009. They are trying to find a way to complete their projects which were OFFICIALLY planned at least 5 years ago. You can read about it here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nakheel is the only construction company in United Arab Emirates which is building man-made islands, here are all the projects that they have to complete first, before even think of doing something new You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. As you can see in that link the islands that look like world map is actually called "The World" project, not "We are The World", and you can also see that they have A LOT of islands to build! Plus in the January 2011 this incident happened to "The World" project You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  :(
As a person who actually lives in Dubai i can tell you that the only island they've completed (not all the buildings on the island are complete) is The Palm Jumeirah. This island is just BEAUTIFUL. It has amazing villas, beautiful apartment and of course the Atlantis Hotel. The other Palm Islands unfortunately are not even close to be complete.  :roll: (you can check it online if you don't trust me  :oops: )Dubai is an amazing place, seems like everything is possible here, especially with all the construction projects they have, but unfortunately the world crisis found us too.
The other thing i want to say is that people in Dubai love Michael to death, paparazzi were not bothering him, because we don't actually have any.(i think that's why Hollywood stars love to visit us) UAE Sheikhs treated Michael with nothing but respect. I'm sure that no matter how much money they spend on tributes to him, they will not be angry on the BAMs day! Maybe they even know that he is not dead, just like we do!  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"What one wishes is to be touched by truth and to be able to interpret that truth so that one may use what one is feeling and experiencing, be it despair or joy, in a way that will add meaning to one\'s life and will hopefully touch others as well.
This is art in its highest form. Those moments of enlightenment are what i continue to live for." -Michael Jackson

March 28, 2011, 05:03:35 PM
Wow the designs look Great! But unfortunately it's not true, they are not going to be build.
So, the designs are an utopia, I like the idea though, it's a nice piece of imagination ;)

Thank you, Kristina4LOVE, for your informative post about Dubai, the islands and Palm Jumeirah. You write very passionately about it and obviously you're proud to live there.
As you wrote that there are no - or not many - paparazzi, I can imagine that this beautiful place can be considered as paradise for Michael or other celebs.

Anyway, to me Dubai is an utopia, which is nice to dream about :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions