You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Important Message From Michael Jackson's Estate Regarding Facebook Fans

In the spirit of the mutual respect that we have built over the past months, we wanted to make you aware of something.  In the best interests of furthering Michael’s legacy and ensuring that EVERYONE  (not just the fantastic fans who already know true from false) receives accurate information from the Estate and those that help protect and enhance Michael’s legacy, the Estate is going to authorize Facebook to remove all non Estate-related Michael Jackson profiles on their social network.

Facebook has made us aware that many of these false (and/or “non-official”) pages violate Facebook’s TOS (“terms of service”) agreements. The problem we’re having is that while many of the fan-created Michael pages are wonderful, respectful, and informative, many are not, and this can be very confusing and/or misleading for MJ fans around the world, both old and especially new.

We know that none of you are confused by profiles misrepresenting themselves as official Michael pages, but the general public is not as MJ-savvy as you are, and we want to ensure that everyone has the best and most accurate Facebook experience regarding Michael. From this point forward, there will be only one Facebook page for Michael, and the Estate will be watching over it carefully, creating a lot of new, interesting content, and in general, becoming much more involved on an ongoing basis. Of course, we will be looking to you over the coming months to help us, to provide ideas, and to really be a part of the experience! After all, who knows Michael and his fans better than you, the real fans, do?

Just to be clear, Facebook is not intending to remove all pages with any Michael Jackson content. They will be looking at pages which are misleading by pretending to be – or appear to the average eye to be - “official” pages, or pages purporting to be an official MJ page authorized by the Estate or one of its licensees like Sony, Ubisoft or Cirque du Soleil. Obviously, this is a judgment call, and we will make every effort to ensure that fan pages, fan groups, etc. are untouched, there is a human element to all of this, so in the beginning, some judgment calls will undoubtedly have to be made. We expect this action to commence in the very near future, perhaps as soon as later this week or next. Thus, if you have a Michael Jackson page which contains any content on Facebook that you think may be questionable to someone else, and you want to protect or keep your content, we’re giving you advance notice so that you can take action now to do whatever you think is proper before Facebook starts removing any “questionable” pages.

Source: MJOnline, The Official Online Team of the Michael Jackson Estate® / MJ-Upbeat.com
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm glad they are taking this action.  I wish they would do the same on Twitter.  I get so tired of trying to figure out what is real or not.  Mj should not have to worry about his name being slandered in life or in death. (Of course, I still believe)  He has given so much to every race.  That he should be honored in everyway possible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Logical consequence of cleaning the house that started from multiple sides.
 :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
They're talking about the fake MJ profiles, right? Not about the MJ groups? I hope they do not take down our MJ group. :( I like that page and spend so much time there. I delete all of the un-related or hateful posts. And I must admit that sometimes I delete Justice4MJ group's hateful posts too though our page is not a believer page. :lol: I can not stand to see them spread hate for Murray.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I read earlier that the post might not be legit as it is on NO official sites (such as the Sony site)- guess we will have to see what happens.

In principle, it is not a bad idea to clean up the sites NOT officially affiliated and spreading crap.  On the other hand- good luck.  There are several good fan-groups out there who give great info.

If anything- they should start with the obvious fake sites and the hater sites- that would be my priority- to get the horrible garbage and lies off facebook and youtube.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

We have a facebook page?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Good finally, these people who like to play with our heads will be exterminated, just like bugs..  :lol:  Some facebook pages are informative, and it is nice to read them, some are really repulsive. I am happy.. blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

MashMike

This is simply awesome, i hope they'll take actions 2 remove disgusting MJ pages too
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

Seems the timing of all of this is quite a coincidence.  I guess when Michael returns and starts running his own page he won't have time for house cleaning :D That's a smooth move.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

I didn't know we have a FB either...or is it a different name that MJDHI?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

you know what . today that jacks facts thing says they are taking a break . hummm
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
I read earlier that the post might not be legit as it is on NO official sites (such as the Sony site)- guess we will have to see what happens.
In principle, it is not a bad idea to clean up the sites NOT officially affiliated and spreading crap.  On the other hand- good luck.  There are several good fan-groups out there who give great info.
If anything- they should start with the obvious fake sites and the hater sites- that would be my priority- to get the horrible garbage and lies off facebook and youtube.

That was Taaj Malik,telling people to not listen to the estate and it was not real.
As usual,only one causing drama,she did get told by someone it was authentic.
She was saying like 'who started this shit,it's a rumour they don't use fan sites to publish statements,but infact it was sent to several to post out-just not her.

Who is she really,does she think she is BFFs with the estate/Jacksons and she gets to hear about anything remotley important first hand before anyone else.
Direct line to John Branca..I don't think so.

@UNITED4MJLEGACY Fans United 4 MJ
It has been confirmed IT IS FROM THE ESTATE RT @MUZIKfactoryTWO: The msg is NOT from the Estate! Please STOP spreading this message!
14 minutes ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply
replies ↓
MUZIKfactoryTWO ✔ Loyal MJ Fan
@UNITED4MJLEGACY I PROMISE you this message is NOT by the Executors. I would LOVE to know who started this message, please
10 minutes ago
Fans United 4 MJ
UNITED4MJLEGACY Fans United 4 MJ
@MUZIKfactoryTWO How do you know IT IS NOT from the estate? Did you contact them? You should...and they will confirm it directly 2 u too
8 minutes ago
MUZIKfactoryTWO ✔ Loyal MJ Fan
@UNITED4MJLEGACY I can't reveal that info but I am %100 accurate. Estate does NOT communicate via a fan that has "direct communication"

Nutjob.

I think they will start with those that are crap and full of shit, and I believe this has come from the YT idea of getting all the awful/non approved Michael channels,sites and anything slanderous or defaming him removed and taken down.
This is just a step further.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This has been long overdue, I know some people mean well; but others are only out to cause drama and to pretend, which gives some people false hope. Hopefully they will be able to clear all of these false, slanderous pages.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PureLove"
They're talking about the fake MJ profiles, right? Not about the MJ groups? I hope they do not take down our MJ group. :( I like that page and spend so much time there. I delete all of the un-related or hateful posts. And I must admit that sometimes I delete Justice4MJ group's hateful posts too though our page is not a believer page. :lol: I can not stand to see them spread hate for Murray.

I agree, im a part of many Mj groups with titles like "I love Michael" and stuff. I hope they leave the groups! At least the respectful ones though. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions