I just wanted to display the differences between Liz and Michael death announcements.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3/23/2011 6:03 AM PDT by TMZ Staff  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth Taylor died this morning at the age of 79.
Elizabeth Taylor died at 1:28 AM at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles ... where she had been hospitalized for the past couple of weeks.  A private funeral will be held later this week.
Taylor's publicist says she was "surrounded by her children -- Michael Wilding, Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton."Taylor's rep says the actress died "peacefully" from congestive heart failure, "a condition with which she had struggled with for many years." The rep adds, "Though she had recently suffered a number of complications, her condition had stabilized and it was hoped that she would be able to return home.  Sadly, this was not to be."
Someone at the hospital Tuesday night tells TMZ ... doctors knew at around 6 PM that Taylor was dying.
Taylor was considered one of the greatest actresses of all-time -- starring in classics like "Cleopatra" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." She won an Academy Award for best actress twice for her roles in "BUtterfield 8" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?".
Taylor's son, Michael, says, "My mother was an extraordinary woman who lived life to the fullest, with great passion, humor, and love."  Michael goes on to tout his mom's "brave and relentless advocacy in the fight against HIV/AIDS ... We know, quite simply, that the world is a better place for Mom having lived in it."

6/25/2009 2:20 PM PDT by TMZ Staff  
We've just learned Michael Jackson has died
. He was 50.
Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.
A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ
source inside the hospital told us
there was "absolute chaos" after Jackson arrived. People who were with the singer were screaming, "You've got to save him! You've got to save him!"
We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

Big difference. With Michael all info came from  suspicious sources.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:55:18 PM by scorpionchik
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Dead at 79.Differences
March 23, 2011, 01:55:16 PM
But there is a difference between someone dying in a hospital after a long illness, and someone dying unexpectedly and suddenly in their home.

Elizabeth's family and her doctors knew she was dying and they had time to prepare for their statements and they were prepared for her to die.  

Its terribly sad that she has died, and she is at least spared the MJ trial - but she was 79 and had lived a great and long life.   She had blessings.   She was blessed with a terrific life.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Dead at 79.Differences
March 23, 2011, 01:59:34 PM
Right. The source of info is interesting to me. Where was Michael's rep. or administrator, or even doctor?  All we read is "some sorces" fed with foggy info.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

The subject has been changed so it can stay unlocked.
Please be respectful to Elizabeth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Sinderella"
The subject has been changed so it can stay unlocked.
Please be respectful to Elizabeth.

I believe the comment I highlighted is unnecessary. No one disrespects Liz. In contrary, we all love her.
Thank you Souza, you got my point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

I meant in talking about her death in relation to Michael's hoaxed one
Not Liz herself.

So no,it wasn't unnecessary at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

I do see what you are trying to say Sinderella. There are two different death announcements. The one of Michael seemed so  unrealistic in some ways. The thing that I do not understand how can his brother tell the world that his brother passed away. Isn't suppose to be a doctor? Yes it is. As you all know I have a good friend who is a doctor, he explained to me, if the person never died, a doctor will not announce his death, he will be fired and they will remove his license. So this doctor was clever he did not dirty his hands he made Jermaine do the dirty work. This is not the proper procedure.  Michael is alive well a kicking. Maybe not today, he is probably very sad, I hope we can console him in a way. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

_Anna_

Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
I do see what you are trying to say Sinderella. There are two different death announcements. The one of Michael seemed so  unrealistic in some ways. The thing that I do not understand how can his brother tell the world that his brother passed away. Isn't suppose to be a doctor? Yes it is. As you all know I have a good friend who is a doctor, he explained to me, if the person never died, a doctor will not announce his death, he will be fired and they will remove his license. So this doctor was clever he did not dirty his hands he made Jermaine do the dirty work. This is not the proper procedure.  Michael is alive well a kicking. Maybe not today, he is probably very sad, I hope we can console him in a way. blessings.

I know this must be the procedure but it's a rule? I mean are the doctors obliged by law to make an announcement in person when someone dies? Are you from US? Maybe in US it's possible that someone else makes the announcement, I don't know, it always made me wonder if it's a rule that a doctor must announce the death of a patient. I am not from US, and I don't know if US has any law or rule on this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

But that makes no sense because a doctor didnt announce Liz Taylors death either..  it was her spokeswoman!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

all4loveandbelieve

Quote from: "_Anna_"

I know this must be the procedure but it's a rule? I mean are the doctors obliged by law to make an announcement in person when someone dies? Are you from US? Maybe in US it's possible that someone else makes the announcement, I don't know, it always made me wonder if it's a rule that a doctor must announce the death of a patient. I am not from US, and I don't know if US has any law or rule on this.

No I am from Canada. My doctor friend has his good friend doctor who is in the USA. He has stated that it is up to a doctor to determine the time of death not to a sibling.  I am merely stating what my friends are telling me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

_Anna_

But the supposed time of "death" was determined by a doctor. Only the announcement on TV was made by Jermaine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"

But that makes no sense because a doctor didnt announce Liz Taylors death either..  it was her spokeswoman!

That would be different she died at the hospital, Michael was supposedly died at home, or on the way to the hospital. Anyways this is what they told me. Other than that I cannot explain I am not a doctor..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

That would be different she died at the hospital, Michael was supposedly died at home, or on the way to the hospital. Anyways this is what they told me. Other than that I cannot explain I am not a doctor..
That's incorrect: Michael was pronounced dead (supposedly) in the hospital by ....- hm, that is the question.  He was not declared dead on the scene by paramedics.  Since a doc was present (or so the story goes) he was asked to call time of death, but reportedly refused- insisting Michael needed to be taken to the hospital.  Normally, if you are declared dead at a hospital, a doctor HAS TO call the time of death.  I never heard a doc come forward.  As far as who announces it to the world- I don't think there is a rule- NORMALLY medical personnel will do it.  Jermaine doing it was unusual- but it in itself does not mean anything.  Of course, this was NOT the only odd incident...so it was just one in a string of "ood things"- raising red flags.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

all4loveandbelieve

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"

That's incorrect: Michael was pronounced dead (supposedly) in the hospital by ....- hm, that is the question.  He was not declared dead on the scene by paramedics.  Since a doc was present (or so the story goes) he was asked to call time of death, but reportedly refused- insisting Michael needed to be taken to the hospital.  Normally, if you are declared dead at a hospital, a doctor HAS TO call the time of death.  I never heard a doc come forward.  As far as who announces it to the world- I don't think there is a rule- NORMALLY medical personnel will do it.  Jermaine doing it was unusual- but it in itself does not mean anything.  Of course, this was NOT the only odd incident...so it was just one in a string of "ood things"- raising red flags.

Ok sorry I had the death wrong, but you agreed for what I was saying. thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal