Justin Bieber surpasses MJ's This Is It...
March 22, 2011, 02:05:09 AM
Justin Bieber's 'Never Say Never' Surpasses Michael Jackson's 'This Is It'
March 21st, 2011 8:13am EDT 1 comment favorite Add to My News

Justin Bieber: Never Say NeverJustin Bieber's Never Say Never has been crowned the most successful concert movie ever at the U.S. box office after overtaking earnings for Michael Jackson's This Is It - but he insists the King of Pop is "still the greatest."

The teen idol's film has grossed $72.2 million in tickets sales in America since it was released last month, taking it just above the $72.1 million Jackson's movie made. And Bieber admits he is stunned by the record.

In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Proud of NEVER SAY NEVER 3D and grateful 2 the fans 4 making it the #1 grossing concert doc of ALL TIME!! MJ is still the greatest! HONORED. But regardless thank you thank you thank you to all those that did and are continuing to support NSN3D around the world. Much love."

"MJ is still and always will be the KING OF POP! and worldwide we got a long way to go. MJ the Greatest EVER."

The Thriller icon's posthumous movie has earned $261 million globally. The picture, which features rehearsal footage from Jackson's doomed London shows, was released in 2009 following the star's shock death.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]You showed me something that I couldn\'t see
Opened my eyes and you made me
BELIEVE

You lift my feet off the ground
Spin me around

You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I\'m falling and I
I\'m lost in your eyes
[/size]
[size=150]You make me crazier[/size]

[size=200]So Crazy about you[/size]

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
well he's right about something: MJ is the greatest and a comparison bewteen the 2 of them is ridiculous
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

I like JB, but they are trying to push him to be the next big thing by comparing him to the greatest performer.
It's not that they think he is similar or great like MJ but they are trying to make him seem alike to give him the 'MJ status'...so that people see him as more than he is (like putting him on a pedestal).

It's not his fault but the entertainment industry's, they are trying to mould him into someone other than who he is.

But in saying that, JB is an extremely nice person and has a nice confident personality. During his L.A premiere him and Scooter were giving away free tickets to his NSN3D movie...which was really sweet...he really cares about his fans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

wonder if things might have been different if some of the fans had not had such bad feelings toward sony and co.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Oh boy ... :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Quote from: "MJhasSpoken"
I like JB, but they are trying to push him to be the next big thing by comparing him to the greatest performer.
It's not that they think he is similar or great like MJ but they are trying to make him seem alike to give him the 'MJ status'...so that people see him as more than he is (like putting him on a pedestal).

It's not his fault but the entertainment industry's, they are trying to mould him into someone other than who he is.

But in saying that, JB is an extremely nice person and has a nice confident personality. During his L.A premiere him and Scooter were giving away free tickets to his NSN3D movie...which was really sweet...he really cares about his fans.

Thank you for posting this information :)

I agree MJhasSpoken - they are trying to mold him into being the next King of Pop and maybe one day he might be in that league but certainly he has his dues to pay yet and certainly he hasn't made near the accomplishments that put him in that league. They should just let Justin enjoy the ride.

I really like Justin's heartfelt and humble response - this will definitely get him far in life. Keep it up Justin :)

Also, I get confused when they start speaking about records being broken. The only record broken is the US record, correct? And we know how tough the USA has been on MJ. Not sure why but it's not for lack of fans and supporters. When Justin's documentary surpasses MJ's worldwide record I'll pay more attention.

Michael was, is, and always will be King of Pop. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Hardly surprising seeing as though JB's film has been out for about 6 weeks and TII was only out for 3 weeks  :?

The media are jumping all over this and quite frankly it sickens me.  They are grabbing every opportunity they can to make Michael 'insignificant'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Michael, I am here for you always.  I give you my heart, my soul and I offer you my friendship."

This is disgusting.
The generation of 12-16 years old is very bad in this era. World's future is compromized.
Fortunately, MJ's This is it is the best wolrdwide, but damn, what's happening in USA ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

Quote from: "rowdyangel"
Hardly surprising seeing as though JB's film has been out for about 6 weeks and TII was only out for 3 weeks  :?

The media are jumping all over this and quite frankly it sickens me.  They are grabbing every opportunity they can to make Michael 'insignificant'.

Talk about twisting numbers!  This is so.... arrggghhh!

Numbers taken from  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comparing EQUAL TIME to EQUAL TIME at the end of 5 weeks, who's ahead?  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "rowdyangel"

Thank you for making this very valid point. I wonder what Justin's total was at 3 weeks? It does appear that at every turn either the music industry, or the media, is trying to bring MJ's accomplishments down a few notches.

Plus - did I hear somewhere that Justin's movie was in more theaters than TII was?

Thanks for that graph - still trying to process the totals in my mind but it appears that Justin didn't surpass MJ in the same three weeks. Am I correct? Also, what does that ranking mean? If that is what I think then MJ surpassed him there too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

RK

TII was the hoax opener, an introduction to what is going to be the greatest show on earth. I doubt Justin's movie will draw comparisons on any levels, whether creatively or in regards to box office success  when ThrillerII  is wrapped up. Let Justin enjoy his success while he can. He's about to be eclipsed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What is this on Wikipedia? :?

It says Never Say Never made $81,526,503

But it says This Is It made $261,183,588

Maybe it includes DVD Sales... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

MJhasSpoken

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Quote from: "MJhasSpoken"

Thank you for posting this information :)

I agree MJhasSpoken - they are trying to mold him into being the next King of Pop and maybe one day he might be in that league but certainly he has his dues to pay yet and certainly he hasn't made near the accomplishments that put him in that league. They should just let Justin enjoy the ride.

I really like Justin's heartfelt and humble response - this will definitely get him far in life. Keep it up Justin :)

Also, I get confused when they start speaking about records being broken. The only record broken is the US record, correct? And we know how tough the USA has been on MJ. Not sure why but it's not for lack of fans and supporters. When Justin's documentary surpasses MJ's worldwide record I'll pay more attention.

Michael was, is, and always will be King of Pop. Blessings.

Yes only in the U.S...I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't know who Justin Bieber in other parts of the world but most people know who MJ is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I live here in America.......but American is NOT the world so This is it still is the best selling concert movie to me :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

I like JB but I feel like he is going to end up going down the same road as so many other young artist.  What I mean by this is that he is huge now but I do not think that he will have the lasting ability that MJ had. Give it 5 years and we won't even know who he is anymore.  The reason I think this is because I am 36 and I think of all the teen sensations that have came and went since I was younger.  There was Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, New Kids on the Block who is still performing but nowhere near as strong as they once were, Backstreet Boys were huge but what have they done lately.  

Do you see where I am going with this?  These were all pretty much US sensations and JB is no exception, MJ is a WORLDWIDE sensation!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions