MJhasSpoken

Football fans angry at Michael Jackson statue
March 23, 2011, 12:11:48 AM
Football fans angry at Michael Jackson statue

THE LATE King of Pop will be immortalised in the form of a commemorative statue outside Fulham Football Club to the anger of fans, it was revealed last week.
It will depict Michael Jackson in one of his most iconic poses, club chairman Mohamed Al-Fayed said and is due to be unveiled on April 3.
Mr Al-Fayed said he wanted to honour his friendship with the musical icon who had visited the club as his guest a few years ago.
He said: "Michael Jackson was truly a legend, a term used too often in this modern world saturated in the hyperbole surrounding celebrity.
"He was my friend, a man with whom I shared many happy memories and who died a tragic and untimely death. He left behind a legacy of music so vast it takes one's breath away.
"I hope that many fans will visit the statue from far and wide, and that Fulham fans will appreciate seeing the finest performer in the world, in and amongst them, the finest fans in the world"
The statue was originally to be erected outside Harrods, but following the sale of the Knightsbridge landmark, it was decided that Craven Cottage was the natural alternative for the tribute.
Some fans have expressed fears the memorial, which will sit on the banks of the River Thames, next to the Riverside and Hammersmith Stands, will make them a laughing stock.
Michael Jackson died in June 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest amid a grueling schedule ahead of his This is It world tour.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dom425

So what if they Look like a laughing stock. It's call you don't have to look at them

If the fans think people will make fun of them then they need not to go. The fans who truely love him won't care what people think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Magic

In People\'s Hearts Forever

Child Like Heart

Hope

Angel

Eyes That Say It All

L.O.V.E

Just What The World Needs

Amazing

Charm

Knight

Sings For All People

Outstanding

Never gives up

So let\'s pray for all the lost children.
Let\'s pray for all the lost children wishing them well.
This is for all the lost children.
This ones for all the lost children.
Just think of all the lost children wishing tem well and wishing them home. ~The Lost Children

curls

Personally, I don't think this is one of Fayed's most brilliant ideas. A statue of MJ, ok - but outside a football club??  What has MJ got to do with Fulham football club?

I'm sorry, but surely the positioning of a statue of anyone (yes, even MJ), has to have some relevance to that person's life and/or achievements.

[Incidentally, I assumed while reading the article that the 'fans' that feared being a laughing stock were the football fans, not MJ fans. I think they have a point!]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

I thought Fulham already were a laughing stock - MJ's statue will be an improvement.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

Quote from: "curls"
Personally, I don't think this is one of Fayed's most brilliant ideas. A statue of MJ, ok - but outside a football club??  What has MJ got to do with Fulham football club?

I'm sorry, but surely the positioning of a statue of anyone (yes, even MJ), has to have some relevance to that person's life and/or achievements.

[Incidentally, I assumed while reading the article that the 'fans' that feared being a laughing stock were the football fans, not MJ fans. I think they have a point!]

I agree. It is pretty random to have a statue of MJ in front of a football club. I can understand the football fans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

Datroot

Quote from: "looking4truth"

I agree. It is pretty random to have a statue of MJ in front of a football club. I can understand the football fans.

Why? - MJ attended a match there with MAF and his presence was very well received.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Quote from: "Datroot"

Why? - MJ attended a match there with MAF and his presence was very well received.

I personally don't think 'attending a match' qualifies as a suitably relevant reason for erecting this statue in this place. You may as well say 'eating in such and such restaurant' or 'shopping in this or that shop' would be acceptable reasons. The only connection MJ has to this or any football club is clever footwork!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

Quote from: "Datroot"

I personally don't think 'attending a match' qualifies as a suitably relevant reason for erecting this statue in this place. You may as well say 'eating in such and such restaurant' or 'shopping in this or that shop' would be acceptable reasons. The only connection MJ has to this or any football club is clever footwork!

hMJ was a close personal friend of MAF which I think is a good enough reason - each unto his own.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Yes, I'm not denying they were friends, it's the choice of place that I find odd. No worries if you think it's fine and I don't - we are allowed to have different opinions! xx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

We can solve all of that.  Just send the statue to me, I'd love to have it at my house :roll: Dare anybody up to no good to touch it :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

all4loveandbelieve

I hope this was not posted, I checked couldn't find anything.
 This is the continuation of the first post.  Oh Oh  people are not happy..

Harrods boss and soccer club owner Mohamed Al-Fayed has lashed out at British sport fans protesting a Michael Jackson statue at his team's London stadium.

Supporters of Fulham Football Club in London are outraged by the six-foot (1.8-metre) golden statue of the King of Pop, which was commissioned by Al-Fayed and unveiled on Sunday.

Hundreds of supporters have signed a petition opposing the golden memorial, with one Fulham supporter, Lee Robinson, telling Britain's The Guardian, "Why us? Fulham football fans do not want a statue of Michael Jackson. It's completely mad. He's got nothing to do with us. To be honest, he's the last person you'd want there."

But Al-Fayed, an old friend of the King of Pop, is refusing to listen to his club's fans, telling protesters to "go to hell" if they don't support the statue.

He tells the Press Association, "Football fans love it. If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell.

"I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to (rival London team) Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else. People will queue to come and visit it from all over the U.K. and it is something that I and everybody else should be proud of."

Jackson once visited the soccer club in 1999 as a guest of Al-Fayed. The pop star was given a standing ovation by thrilled fans as he walked around the soccer pitch waving a Fulham scarf and holding one of the team's official umbrellas.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

MJonmind

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

I know but this is the continuation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal