Van Gogh/Sunflowers/Blanket
May 15, 2010, 11:35:28 AM
I was doing a bit of thinking and research and came up with some sort of connection with these Sunflowers.  Van Gogh had done several paintings of Sunflowers.  Also, in Blanket's webcam video he talks about cutting off the ear?? (which btw Van Gogh actually did).   He was Dutch (there is that Dutch connection again) and he also moved to Paris (LOVE).  P. Diddy also  made this strange tweet yesterday:

iamdiddy    LOVE IS A MOTHERFUCKER! 6.28.10 LAST TRAIN TO PARIS
about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter
Reply Retweet

Anyway, I will leave you with some links and you can do your own reading and see what kind of connection you come up with.  I don't have much time to spend on hours and hours of research, but anyone is welcome to try and make a connection (or clue) if there is any.

Here are some of the links.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Van Gogh/Sunflowers/Blanket
May 15, 2010, 11:52:10 AM
Well, I think the sunflowers are definitly some kind of clue. Van Gough was a great artist and I think Michael admired his works a lot...but I'm not sure that Blanket would deliberately give us clues or hints or something...he's too young. Maybe he was just exposed to a lot of great art because Michael was such a fan. But there's something up with the sunflowers....they're everywhere ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love you Michael...as much as you love super soaker fights!!! xD

May 15, 2010, 02:36:08 PM
Quote from: "shelby61"
I was doing a bit of thinking and research and came up with some sort of connection with these Sunflowers.  Van Gogh had done several paintings of Sunflowers.  Also, in Blanket's webcam video he talks about cutting off the ear?? (which btw Van Gogh actually did).   He was Dutch (there is that Dutch connection again) and he also moved to Paris (LOVE).  P. Diddy also  made this strange tweet yesterday:

iamdiddy    LOVE IS A MOTHERFUCKER! 6.28.10 LAST TRAIN TO PARIS
about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter
Reply Retweet

Anyway, I will leave you with some links and you can do your own reading and see what kind of connection you come up with.  I don't have much time to spend on hours and hours of research, but anyone is welcome to try and make a connection (or clue) if there is any.

I think that is a very good observation!!  :D About the Blanket video. The kid does say ''I'm a .. painter. Painting very .. pictures...... I cut off my ear... Etc." Of course he is referring to Van Gogh!
I did not see the Blanket video untill just now.
[youtube:35ltzspf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZSc34o218[/youtube:35ltzspf]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

May 15, 2010, 02:50:42 PM
I remember when I was a child, I thought Van Gogh was one of my family  :roll:  because my great grandfather lived in the village where he died, and we all went to see his grave (where there is nothing except "ivy" growing on it) and so, as all my family went to visit him in the same cimetery as my Great grandmother, I thought he was from our family  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

May 15, 2010, 02:59:32 PM
Quote from: "whatyourheartsays"
I remember when I was a child, I thought Van Gogh was one of my family  :roll:  because my great grandfather lived in the village where he died, and we all went to see his grave (where there is nothing except "ivy" growing on it) and so, as all my family went to visit him in the same cimetery as my Great grandmother, I thought he was from our family  :oops:

Aww.. That is so sweet. And ivy growing, how lovely. Reminds me of fairies :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

May 15, 2010, 03:16:03 PM
Yes in fact there is no gravestone, no name...only ivy cushion that cover the whole grave place. The cimetery has put a little placard like 10cm large with his name on it "Vincen Van Gogh" And just next to him, there is the grave of his brother Théo. It's in Auvers-sur-Oise, not too far from Paris.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

May 15, 2010, 03:19:26 PM

Dr. Gachet was more than a mediocre doctor.  He fancied himself an artist and engraver.   He practiced his art under the nom de plume (or is that nom de peintre?), Paul van Ryssel.     His most famous work is a sketch of Van Gogh on his death bed..   In my book, it makes him more like paparazzi than a doctor.   Michael Jackson’s final doctor (Dr. Conrad Murray) comes to mind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 15, 2010, 03:56:40 PM
Something else just twigged on me when you mentioned the gravesite with no name.....remember MJ's song that was on the internet last year and it was called a A Place with No Name and as far as I know they have not marked his "tombstone"?

Here are the lyrics that came up when I googled his lyrics:

Every morning sun would rise
Every night stars would come
Every second we breathe oxygen
I just wanna tell you there is
A place with no name that's why I need you

I always dream that I could fly up high
But is just an imagination but you know
That I'll be there for you just tell me that you love me
No need to cry I'm always in your heart
Tell me that is no place like no name

You are my world with lots of flower
A place with no name that's why I need you...

However, any videos that I have listened to does not have those words, so I don't know where these words came from.  

Something to chew on anyway lol  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 15, 2010, 04:06:53 PM
Something else just twigged on me when you mentioned the gravesite with no name.....remember MJ's song that was on the internet last year and it was called a A Place with No Name and as far as I know they have not marked his "tombstone"?

Here are the lyrics that came up when I googled his lyrics:

Every morning sun would rise
Every night stars would come
Every second we breathe oxygen
A place with no name that's why I need you

I always dream that I could fly up high
But is just an imagination but you know
That I'll be there for you just tell me that you love me
No need to cry I'm always in your heart
Tell me that is no place like no name

You are my world with lots of flower
A place with no name that's why I need you...

However, any videos that I have listened to does not have those words, so I don't know where these words came from.  

Something to chew on anyway lol  :D
Do you know what year he worte that song??

Also, I loved seeing those vids of Blanket...I enjoyed seeing that he is a happy little boy and actually being a little boy its great knowing they are doing alright :) so adorable
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 15, 2010, 04:14:42 PM
I have no idea, I just googled those words and that is what came up.  The original song was done in 1971 called a Horse with No Name by a band named America.  There are two sites with those lyrics but they don't match any videos that I have listened to...very odd ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 15, 2010, 04:28:15 PM
I did some more investigating and it turns out he did get a gravestone eventually when the family had more money.  Also, I found this while cruising.  It seems to me that MJ may have seen himself in some instances to Van Gogh and his life.

Grave of Vincent van Gogh (infant)

The gravestone reads:

VINCENT VAN GOGH
Let the little children
come to me
for theirs is
the KINGDOM
of GOD

LUKAS 18 vs 16.

On 30 March 1852 Vincent van Gogh's mother, Anna, gave birth to a stillborn child named Vincent Willem van Gogh. One year to the day later a second child was born--also named Vincent Willem.

There has been a great deal of speculation as to how Vincent must have felt about the brother he never knew. How would he have felt walking by this gravestone which bore his name and his birthdate? Perhaps the infant Vincent's grave was a strong reminder to the second Vincent of his own mortality.

This link above is something else I came across, it is rather lengthy so I am just posting the link, but a couple of sentences stood out to me and I am posting them below:

Leaving Auvers I meet Dominique Janssens again. He tells me I have been lucky to get the cemetery to myself for a few minutes.

And he says that his 20 years in Auvers have persuaded him that those who hit the Van Gogh trail are seeking the truth, not about his life, but about their own.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

March 21, 2011, 06:37:07 PM
Celebrities – Life of Train Wrecks and Tragedies

Famous people such as Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe, or Vincent Van Gogh are widely known to have beauty, talent, and fame; however, their fates seem to be unfortunate. They had to suffer from illnesses, hunger, or misery. Below are the famous people with lots of tragedies in their life:

Dutch Painter Vincent van Gogh – A Glimpse into a Life of Genius
Aug 14, 2010 Theodore Haddad

Vincent van Gogh is often remembered for having cut off his ear and later killing himself, but there is much more to the Post-impressionist painter.
“I shall work at it again all day, but you see how simple the conception is. The shading and the cast shadows are suppressed, it is painted in the free flat washes like the Japanese prints...” This excerpt taken from a letter sent from the Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh to his younger brother Theo expresses the thought and detail that drove van Gogh to scrutinize every piece, feeling that nothing was ever good enough.

A Glimpse in the Life of van Gogh
Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890) died when he was only thirty-seven years old, the same age as the great Renaissance artist Raphael. He painted no more than ten years and in only three of those years van Gogh produced any memorable work. Even though the three years of genius were haunted by desperate loneliness and an intense longing for companionship, van Gogh was able to work feverishly to create what many consider to be among the greatest works in the long history of painting. Van Gogh suffered an attack of insanity late in 1888 and was admitted to a mental asylum where, in 1890, he put an end to his life.
Through the course of his working life, van Gogh wrote to his younger brother regularly. It is through these letters that one is able to see today the true intent of van Gogh’s work. It is true that the artist’s mind was in turmoil and that he suffered greatly with retaining his sanity. It has also become a common expression when indicating the quality of one’s work to comment that, “They soon may be cutting off their ear,” or a phrase to that effect. Yet, van Gogh had a much more gentle intent for his art; he longed that it not be placed in a gallery or museum to be enjoyed by the connoisseur, but that it be related to and enjoyed by the everyday individual, that it could hang in their living room and be understood as something familiar.

Misunderstanding van Gogh
The thought that artistic ability may be driving the individual to commit the aforementioned act of cutting off their ear is a common attribution of creative genius. It certainly can be understood that the general opinion of van Gogh is a sense of violence and overall madness. Yet, one must understand that madness was not and should not be the defining attribute of van Gogh.
There is more to the painter than can reasonably be ascertained, yet through his letters one can gain a better understanding. Vincent van Gogh left a lasting legacy in the world of art, but he also left a long reaching view of how one’s sensitivity and passion toward creativity, toward an art that can reach the common man can transform the publics opinion of art from an unreachable culture to something attainable and enjoyable.
Vincent van Gogh was a complex individual to be certain, but the genius that emerged from this brief life should not be misunderstood. Van Gogh helped art take its next steps and move from Impressionism to Symbolism, he also painted with a purpose that did not revolve around money and grandeur, but centered on the viewer themselves in hopes that his art could bring a little more life to a simple room.

Vincent van Gogh spent one year at the asylum in Saint-Rémy de Provence. This year was probably the most difficult of his entire life. It would also prove to be one of his most creative as an artist. After cutting off part of his left ear in Arles, Van Gogh voluntarily confined himself to the institution in Saint-Rémy. Throughout the course of his year there Van Gogh would battle his own personal demons, but would also produce many of the best works of his career. At times Van Gogh would be completely incapacitated by his illness, but during his more lucid times the staff at the asylum would allow him to work outdoors and pursue his art. Van Gogh's landscapes in particular (such as Wheat Field with Cypresses) would be the most exquisite he would ever produce.

“There is no blue without yellow and without orange.”
Color
Quotations by Vincent Van Gogh

I’m a great Van Gogh admirer. Not only because of his beautiful pieces of art, but also the man behind the art. He didn’t paint for money and grandeur, he just wanted to reach the common public with attainable and enjoyable art. He was able to transform sensitivity and passion into creativity, that is also a quality of MJ. He was modern and innovative in his time, same as MJ. A genius being modest, also MJ.
In the May holidays I’m planning to visit Saint-Remy, the place were Vincent painted The Starry Night, which is exposed in The Museum of Modern Arts in NY.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions