He was into this...Sirituality /health
April 05, 2011, 02:32:33 AM
relaxation and self-healing.

Bliss begins with the breath, according to Dr. Steve Koc of Salem, Oregon.

“When we breathe deeply, we have the potential of attaining the same trance-like euphoria found in meditation, prayer, chanting, ecstatic dance, kirtan and by listening to particular kinds of music," he says.

According to Koc, a chiropractor and longtime energy healer who's worked extensively with celebrities including Michael Jackson, the Grateful Dead and the Eagles, and who’s spent decades studying and teaching Kundalini yoga, anyone can achieve a blissful state anywhere, at any time.

Read more at Suite101: Use Kundalini Breathing for Self-Healing: Yogic Breath Techniques Train Body for Healing, Bliss, Relaxation You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Re: He was into this...Sirituality /health
April 05, 2011, 03:08:42 AM
Very interesting ....so all we have to do is to breath deeply
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 05, 2011, 05:57:30 AM
Breathing method is a way to connect with your true power, true self/identity..the soul aspect of the real you''...tools that facilitate growth..''.Believe'' ing is one....love is another...a very rewarding and exiting journey!            

Kundalini

Kundalini is a psycho-spiritual energy, the energy of the consciousness, which is thought to reside within the sleeping body, and is aroused either through spiritual discipline or spontaneously to bring new states of consciousness, including mystical illumination. Kundalini is Sanskrit for "snake" or "serpent power," so-called because it is believed to lie like a serpent in the root chakra at the base of the spine. In Tantra Yoga kundalini is an aspect of Shakti, the divine female energy and consort of Shiva.(see also Tantrism)

The power of kundalini is said to be enormous. Those having experienced it claim it to be indescribable. The phenomena associated with it varies from bizarre physical sensations and movements, pain, clairaudience, visions, brilliant lights, superlucidity, psychical powers, ecstasy, bliss, and transcendence of self. Kundalini has been described as liquid fire and liquid light.

Indian yoga, with its emphasis on the transmutation of energy to higher consciousness, was the chief contributor to the cultivation of kundalini and the preservation of its knowledge prior to present times. Kundalini was a rarity in the West before the 1970s until more attention became centered upon the consciousness. In 1932, for example, psychiatrist Carl G. Jung and others observed that the kundalini experience was seldom seen in the West.

However, an examination of mystical literature and traditions showed that kundalini, called by various names, seems to have been a universal phenomenon in esoteric teachings for perhaps three thousand years. Kundalini-type descriptions or experiences are found in esoteric teachings of the Egyptians, Tibetans, Chinese, some Native Americans, and the !Kung bushmen of Africa. Kundalini has been interpreted from the Bible as "the solar principle in man," and is referenced in the Koran, the works of Plato and other Greek philosophers, alchemical tracts (the philosopher's stone), and in Hermetic, Kabbalistic, Rosicrucian, and Masonic writings.

There has been an awakening of kundalini knowledge among the Western populations since the 1970s because of two major reasons: more people who are trained in the spiritual disciplines are likely to release the energy, and the increased number of people that are aware of kundalini are more likely to recognize its symptoms or benefits.

Not all kundalini experiences are identical to those classical awakenings experienced in yoga, but may vary in intensity and duration. Typically the yogi meditates to arouse the kundalini and then to raise it through his or her body. (It should be remembered though, not all types of yoga are devoted to the arousal of kundalini.) First, the yogi feels the sensation on heat at the base of the spine, which may be intensely hot or pleasantly warm. The energy then travels up a psychic pathway parallel to the spinal column. The sushumna is the central axis, crisscrossed in a helix by the ida and pingala. As it rises the kundalini activates the chakras in succession. The body becomes cold and corpse-like as the kundalini leaves the lower portions and begins to rise. The yogi is likely to shudder, tremble, or rock violently, feel extreme heat and cold, hear strange but not unpleasant sounds, and see various kinds of lights including an inner light. The length of the kundalini may be fleeting or last several minutes. The objective is to raise the kundalini to the crown chakra, where it unites with the Shiva, or the male polarity, and brings illumination. The yogi then attempts to lower the energy to another chakra, but not below the heart chakra because descent to lower chakras is thought to produce ego inflation, rampant sexual desire, and a host of other ills. By repeatedly raising the kundalini to the crown, the yogi can succeed in having the energy permanently stay there.

It is said that kundalini opens new pathways in the nervous system; the pain associated with this apparently is due to the nervous system's inability to immediately copy with the energy. Yogis assert that the body must be properly attuned for kundalini through yoga, and that a premature or explosive awakening can cause insanity or death.

Other individuals, it has been determined by Western psychologists and psychiatrists, have experienced kundalini awakenings but not the explosive kind. One notable characteristic of these lesser awakenings is that the individual thinks, acts, and feels remarkably different. Symptoms may involve involuntary and spasmodic body movements and postures; pain; abnormal breathing patterns; paralysis; tickling itching; vibrating sensations; hot and cold sensations; inner sounds, such as roaring, whistling, and chirping; insomnia; hypersensitivity to environment; unusual or extremes of emotions; intensified sex drive; distortion of thought processes; detachment; disassociation; sensations of physical expansion; and out-of-body experiences (OBEs). Generally the elimination of such symptoms can be brought about by a heavier diet and temporary cessation of meditation. The phenomena of these lesser kundalini awakenings seem to indicate that the definition may have to be expanded from that of the coiled serpent of yoga. Such experienced awakenings are difficult to definitely define though because scientific research of kundalini energy is still in its embryonic stages, little is known of the energy's nonphysical nature, and many of its symptoms are similar to those associated with mental disturbances and stress.

One of the most dramatic instances of classic kundalini awakening was experienced by Gopi Krishna (1903-1984), of India, who meditated for three hours every morning over seventeen years. On Christmas Day, 1937, he had his explosive awakening with kundalini pouring up his spine. By his personal account, he rocked out of his body and was enveloped in a halo of light. His consciousness expanded in every direction, and a vision of luster unfolded before him; he was like a small cork bobbing on a vast ocean of consciousness. This extraordinary experienced occurred once again, and then Krishna was plunged into twelve years of misery, during which he "experienced the indescribable ecstasies of the mystics…and the agonies of the mentally afflicted." Following twelve years his body apparently adapted to the new energy and stabilized, but he was permanently changed. Everything in his vision was bathed in a silvery light. He heard an inner cadence, called the "unstruck melody" in kundalini literature. Eventually he could experience bliss just by turning his attention inward. He became, as he said, "a pool of consciousness always aglow with light." His creativity soared allowing him to write poetry and nonfiction books.

Krishna devotedly spent most of the remainder of his life learning the secrets of kundalini. He considered it "the most jealously guarded secret in history" and "the guardian of human evolution." To him it was the driving force behind genius and inspiration. He also thought within the brain is the blueprint to evolve humankind to a higher consciousness, one that makes use of kundalini. Too, he believed kundalini could improve the health of humankind with its ability to regenerate and restore the body, to lengthen life, and eradicate such conditions as mental retardation.

Krishna made ever effort increase the cultivation of kundalini in the West. Many researchers followed him, but some disagreed with the importance that he gave kundalini. A.G.H.

Source: 29, 319-321.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

April 05, 2011, 06:20:43 AM
pretty simple actually

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 05, 2011, 07:10:12 AM
Katson that was a very interesting post.

Thank you for sharing it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 05, 2011, 07:20:33 AM
Quote from: "katson45"
According to Koc, a chiropractor and longtime energy healer who's worked extensively with celebrities including Michael Jackson, the Grateful Dead and the Eagles, and who’s spent decades studying and teaching Kundalini yoga, anyone can achieve a blissful state anywhere, at any time.

So anyone can achieve that blissful state anywhere, at any time........ just by breathing deeply....

Well, I can tell you one more way to a blissful state: try to look at Michael's photos for a half an hour and not only bliss you'll achieve but much more  :mrgreen: ...... of course doing this usualy takes away your breathing    :lol:

Just kidding.....I know you are right and we should go back to ancient wisdom sometimes...Yoga is fascinating and I would like to be able to practice it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 15, 2011, 10:15:33 AM
Now this is right up my alley! My job is to guide people to a relaxed, meditative state of mind. In return, I must discipline myself, both spiritually and energetically. Our energy plays a very important part in our health and mood. You must discipline yourself to block out negative energy when it is nearby and concentrate on your own negative/positive energy. There is actually a cool trick you can do at home to see your aura. Stand by a white wall with lighting behind you. Now place your hand, fingers spread apart, a few inches away from the wall. Now focus your stare in between your fingers, toward the wall. Look inbetween each finger and you should be able to see your aura. Its a bit of light that exudes from your skin. Its infact apart of your Chakra system that is your energy.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
April 15, 2011, 02:43:24 PM
Are you sure it's not an optical illusion provoked by the light from the back?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 15, 2011, 02:53:13 PM
Well a Reiki Master showed me the trick when I was 17 and in healing arts school. She worked wonders for my core chakra and taught me a lot. There are many skeptics of energy work, so to each his own. But I am definitely a believer. Try it and tell me what you think.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 15, 2011, 03:56:10 PM
I believe Michael has great knowledge of kundalini energy and the importance of its power and existance. I also believe he has a conscious connection with this energy and knows how to work with it. I experienced a spontaneous kundalini awakening several years ago so I also know of its true intensity. Our entire existance is about this energy and when it is free to run through you all sorts of seemingly crazy/magical things can happen. With my experience of this I think that to feel and do what Michael is doing he would have to be experienced with this and I'm sure he has had great spiritual guidance. Kundalini awakening changes the whole thought process and relationship to the world we have become so familiar with, which can be a great deal for one person to deal with without guidance. I had no knowledge or guidance when it happened to me and have had to find my own way. This knowledge comes with responsibility and should be taken seriously and treated with sincerest respect. Michael thinks on such a huge scale and his strength of character and his love is astounding and this energy, I would think, is essential to achieve his vision.
I feel that Michael was entrusted with something very special and this is it, we all have it but for most it is still in hiding. I believe Michael has known this for a very long time which is why he is so humble and has such a deep understanding for all of humanity. He connects with us in a way that is truly unique and I trust him completely.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
April 15, 2011, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: "TheMoonIsDancing"
Now this is right up my alley! My job is to guide people to a relaxed, meditative state of mind. In return, I must discipline myself, both spiritually and energetically. Our energy plays a very important part in our health and mood. You must discipline yourself to block out negative energy when it is nearby and concentrate on your own negative/positive energy. There is actually a cool trick you can do at home to see your aura. Stand by a white wall with lighting behind you. Now place your hand, fingers spread apart, a few inches away from the wall. Now focus your stare in between your fingers, toward the wall. Look inbetween each finger and you should be able to see your aura. Its a bit of light that exudes from your skin. Its infact apart of your Chakra system that is your energy.

Wow that's very interesting TheMoon. I'll definitely try to do that to see my chakra. I do not know if I can do it. I want to learn how to do the meditation. Can I learn it if I buy a good book about it? Or should I need to get some lessons? I would be appreciated if you could help me about this really. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 15, 2011, 06:53:53 PM
Wow that's very interesting TheMoon. I'll definitely try to do that to see my chakra. I do not know if I can do it. I want to learn how to do the meditation. Can I learn it if I buy a good book about it? Or should I need to get some lessons? I would be appreciated if you could help me about this really. :)

All you need is to find a comfortable, dark room. The flickering of a candle with a lavender fragrance or lavender oil is relaxing to me! Burn a sage leaf to ward off bad energy. You can sit indian style with your spine aligned from head to sacram and make sure your shoulders are dropped and relaxed (straightening your posture is important to open up energy channels in your body) You can also lay down on the floor with your knees to your chest and move side to side slowly on your sacram to realease any stress you are holding there. Breathing is the most essential part of meditating: in thru your nose and out thru your mouth, deep breaths and regular breaths as well) You can probably find really good meditation videos on youtube if relaxing doesn't come natural to you. A lot of people find it hard to just simply relax and clean their mind of worries and negativity. Hope this helps you.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 16, 2011, 03:11:34 AM
The closing prayer sung at Kundalini Yoga classes -- Long Time Sun. It is from an old Irish blessing. The Mantra Sat Nam "...is the Seed Mantra or Bij Mantra and it is the most widely used in the practice of Kundalini Yoga. Sat means the Truth; Nam means to call upon, name or identify with. Sat Nam means Truth is my identity and I call upon the eternal Truth that resides in all of us. Chanting this mantra awakens the Soul, and more simply means "really."

Simply beautiful!

[youtube:1hq001yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1uD4PaEhg[/youtube:1hq001yk]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
April 16, 2011, 08:11:14 PM
Quote from: "TheMoonIsDancing"

All you need is to find a comfortable, dark room. The flickering of a candle with a lavender fragrance or lavender oil is relaxing to me! Burn a sage leaf to ward off bad energy. You can sit indian style with your spine aligned from head to sacram and make sure your shoulders are dropped and relaxed (straightening your posture is important to open up energy channels in your body) You can also lay down on the floor with your knees to your chest and move side to side slowly on your sacram to realease any stress you are holding there. Breathing is the most essential part of meditating: in thru your nose and out thru your mouth, deep breaths and regular breaths as well) You can probably find really good meditation videos on youtube if relaxing doesn't come natural to you. A lot of people find it hard to just simply relax and clean their mind of worries and negativity. Hope this helps you.  ;)

Thank you so so much. I tried to do this many times but it didn't work out for me. I tried them with beautiful meditation music but still it didn't work. I want to learn Transcendental Meditation but not so sure if the books can teach me how to do it. I'll buy a couple of them though. :) I'm also into Ayurveda too. Thank you so so much for your help. Very much appreciated. Blessings. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

April 17, 2011, 09:33:36 AM
This is so interesting. I have been listening and reading about Kundalini and chakras, also Reiki.

I was not in tune with those disciplines but after June 25 I started getting in to discovering them with the help of some people who practices every one. I was skeptical and even then I experienced the benefits of it, to my surprise.

Reiki is being used in some hospitals as alternative therapy helping cancer patients and has been proven that those patients improved their inmune system after some Reiki sessions  :shock:

If Michael practiced those disciplines surely was a good reason for it. Michael is wise  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal