all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Should Michael Jackson's iconic Neverland Ranch be reborn as an animal refuge and rehabilitation center?

PETA is backing the idea and has sent a letter to Prince Michael Jackson and Paris Jackson urging them to act. They are rumored to be interested in the idea.

“We are writing because it has come to our attention that you hope to one day turn your father’s Neverland Ranch into a community park and center for animals,” PETA representative Michelle Cho writes. “We encourage you to call for this vast refuge to be turned into a true wildlife sanctuary where animals can be properly taken care of instead of a zoo, where people are encouraged to gawk at imprisoned animals in the name of profit.”

A couple weeks ago, I wrote over on Ecorazzi how Colony Capital, part owner of the 2,800-acre estate, is currently in the process of renovating the neglected property.

“Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness,” CEO Tom Barrack told Bloomberg TV. “The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it.”

He added that Colony is simply waiting to see what Jackson's children intend for the property before moving forward.

PETA wants to provide a bit of a push, adding in their letter some resources for the Jackson children to explore.

"The best way to gain a realistic understanding of everything that is involved in operating a sanctuary is by familiarizing yourself with the Standards of Excellence established by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries and by visiting existing sanctuaries, such as Save the Chimps in Florida and the Performing Animal Welfare Society's wildlife sanctuaries in California," writes Cho.

She adds, "We encourage you to review these resources and begin planning for the eventual transformation of Neverland Ranch into a sanctuary similar in nature to that of its namesake — a place where to animals can escape from their former lives of abuse and neglect."

MNN readers have sounded off before on this issue, but let's revisit! What would you like to see Neverland become?

I don't understand,if Neverland was sold to whom ever, why is PETA writing a letter to Prince and Paris ? They are not the owners of  Neverland. Unless they bought it, without us knowing!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

MJhasSpoken

I think MJ still owns it...or at least the family owns Neverland...there has been a lot of speculation such as a music school and now this...so I don't really know...but like I said I think the Jackson's still owns it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Quote from: "MJhasSpoken"
I think MJ still owns it...or at least the family owns Neverland...there has been a lot of speculation such as a music school and now this...so I don't really know...but like I said I think the Jackson's still owns it.

Agree. I think Michael still owns Neverland. And it would be so nice if Neverland Ranch reborns as an animal refuge. :) Michael loves animals a lot, so I think that would fit so well with Neverland.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

That place is so Huge they could keep the part of Neverland the way it was for the chidren whom are sick ect to visit and play like when Michael had it running and the other half he did'nt use do something for animals then it would be doing everything MJ stands for...healing the world.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

Michael never sold Neverland, nor did he lose it or give it up.

Colony Capital, LLC  only purchased the loan, not the property. Funny thing is, the title was transferred to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company, LLC, a company which Michael partly owned. I'm assuming his estate now owns his portion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions