behindthemask.michaeljackson.com
March 05, 2011, 11:57:10 AM
Website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Behind the project:Radical Media

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(They have had this account since October 1st 2008-first tweet was March 1st 2011-Conviniently set up and waiting...)

ABOUT: radical media is a global transmedia company that creates some of the world’s most innovative content across all forms of media.
The company develops, produces and distributes award-winning projects in a variety of media including television, digital, feature films, music programming, commercials, graphic and interactive design, exhibitions, events, and original photography, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Sydney and Shanghai. The company’s global network has given it a foundation for identifying and incubating in-house and new talent, while offering their client base a worldwide platform for the production, development and distribution of content.

The company has been honored with an Academy Award®, Emmys®, a Golden Globe®, Grammys®, Webbys, The Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award for Communication Design, two Palme d’Ors at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, and just about every other accolade and trophy associated with the advertising, marketing, and programming businesses.

Music Videos:MUSIC VIDEOS INHERENTLY allow for great freedom of creative expression, and we have been privileged to develop, direct and produce many of them. Our experience with a number of talented and demanding clients has continually opened the door to more expansive opportunities, including documentaries, concert films and actual concerts. Due to their vision and commitment to innovation, our directors have been repeatedly rewarded with a list of both Grammys® and MTV Video Music Awards.

Behind The Camera:Dennis Liu
Dennis Liu
Director at @radical.media
23yrs old
Greater New York City Area | Broadcast Media
Current:
Director at @radical.media
Past:
Assistant Producer at BBDO, Assistant Producer at Saatchi & Saatchi
Education:
New York University
Summary:
I'm a commercial and music video director hoping one day to direct feature studio films.

The Behind The Mask Project-Launch 7.3.2011
Help create a unique, groundbreaking music video!!

The Official Press release for BTM from MJ.COM/Sony
In the spirit of Michael Jackson's pioneering videos that pushed the creative boundaries in capturing the look, feel and emotions of music, the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music will provide everyone who likes music an opportunity to help create online a unique groundbreaking music video for the single "Behind the Mask". Using the web in a truly innovative way, people from around the world on March 7 will come together to create an imaginative piece of Michael Jackson history in The Behind the Mask Project.
Led by the creative team at Radical Media and director Dennis Liu, participants will visit the website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which will be loaded with simple tools that define the different roles one can play in this landmark project. First, users select a move, a lyric, or a crowd reaction; performers can even demonstrate their own moonwalk, the anti-gravity lean or the toe stand. Then, using the site's split-screen template, contributors can shoot their move right on the website with their web cam (or their video camera) and upload their clip at the precise time it occurs in the video.
After the worldwide community has come together and done their part, the director will select the top clips and weave them into this historical work of Michael Jackson video art. The final results of The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled during the first week in April.
Participate starting March 7, 2011

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: behindthemask.michaeljackson.com
March 07, 2011, 05:58:07 AM
Are you ready to rock it out on your webcam?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 07, 2011, 09:06:48 AM
I'd love to, but all I can rock out on the web cam is my wall with MJ portraits   :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

March 07, 2011, 06:31:30 PM
Well it's launched,it has stopped redirecting to the main MJ website.....however,shock horror!It hasn't really launched at all.

DELAYED.

Yes you read that right,there has been a delay.Well let's be honest,it wouldn't be Michael if it was on time and to schedule would it?
The website is atm basically a very bad cut and paste job of the Michael album artwork with...'coming soon...' layered ontop of it.
Whoever they got doing that needs more lessons on photoshop

What I will say though is how I like that they saved the background picture for the BTM website as 'body.jpg'
When the one thing missing from this ENTIRE hoax/production/death...is just that,a body...

**edit now fully up and running**

new background image too

It is AWESOME  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 07, 2011, 10:10:42 PM
This is an incredible idea. I'm very curious how it will turn out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

Be part of Behind the Mask video
March 08, 2011, 04:51:10 PM
You are about to become part of the most epic, international,
and crowdsourced Michael Jackson video of all time.

ps: sorry if a thread already exists, I didn't see it. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

Re: Be part of Behind the Mask video
March 08, 2011, 07:32:46 PM
I want to be a part of it, but I have no idea what to do. I'm too shy. :oops: :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Re: Be part of Behind the Mask video
March 08, 2011, 07:41:20 PM
I already uploaded some of my videos, I cant wait...I wish I would be a part of the music video, wonder when the music video will be aired...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]You showed me something that I couldn\'t see
Opened my eyes and you made me
BELIEVE

You lift my feet off the ground
Spin me around

You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I\'m falling and I
I\'m lost in your eyes
[/size]
[size=150]You make me crazier[/size]

[size=200]So Crazy about you[/size]

March 09, 2011, 07:37:38 AM
I don't know when it was written, but I've always though it was about Lisa Marie after Michael tried to reconcile w/her and she dissed him :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

March 09, 2011, 07:54:26 AM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I don't know when it was written, but I've always though it was about Lisa Marie after Michael tried to reconcile w/her and she dissed him :lol:

It was written in 1979 by Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto.Michael wrote new lyrics for it and changed part of the melody but due to copyright and and legal problems it wasn't allowed to be released on the Thriller album.
He had to wait 25yrs for it to be released,the estate did their new album deal with Sony and that is why it was on the 'Michael' album.Written and recorded WAY before LMP.
More than likely,It's about Diana Ross.

Hope that helps =]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 09, 2011, 08:38:08 AM
Quote from: "Sinderella"
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"

It was written in 1979 by Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto.Michael wrote new lyrics for it and changed part of the melody but due to copyright and and legal problems it wasn't allowed to be released on the Thriller album.
He had to wait 25yrs for it to be released,the estate did their new album deal with Sony and that is why it was on the 'Michael' album.Written and recorded WAY before LMP.
More than likely,It's about Diana Ross.

Hope that helps =]

I was listening to it again the other day and realized how many different ways the lyrics could be interpretted. I almost think it could be about/directed to his fans (as many of his songs are)...and when he says "Who do you love, is it me? Is it him?" he could be referring to himself as just "Michael" and his alter ego the "King of Pop". "When he's in your arms you're throwing rocks at me" - that part reminded me of when fans get to go on stage and hug him and they just go completely nuts. It's like he's asking if the fans really love him for him or only for this super-mega star persona. Especially because many of his fans turned into people who would say things like "Well I'm still a huge fan of his music, but not his personal life..." I could be looking too far into it, but it does fit in with the theory that the "King of Pop" really did pass away and now there's just Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

April 16, 2011, 05:20:08 PM
Really wish people would search for a topic before they post like 10 threads on the same thing....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions