Prosecution wants to show Jackson dead and alive

y LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch, Ap Special Correspondent – 4 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Prosecutors want to show images of Michael Jackson dead and alive at the upcoming manslaughter trial of the superstar's doctor, hoping to contradict defense claims that Jackson was unhealthy or depressed and took his own life.

If their motions filed Tuesday are granted, the jury will see a singing, dancing Jackson in excerpts from the concert movie "This Is It."

They also will see Jackson's body on an autopsy table after his death from an overdose of propofol and other sedatives.

Defense attorneys have suggested that Jackson, in desperate financial straits, felt he could not carry out his European concerts unless he could overcome intense insomnia. They say he was so desperate for sleep that he overdosed himself on the anesthetic propofol while his doctor was out of the room.

But prosecutors said the autopsy pictures would corroborate the medical examiner's testimony that Jackson, although thin, was in good health.

And scenes from "This Is It", recorded during rehearsals for his planned concert tour, show an active, energetic Jackson engaged in his performance just days before his death, said David Walgren and Deborah Brazil, deputy district attorneys.

"These video clips are completely at odds with someone who, as the defense has claimed, would recklessly take his own life just hours after the last clip was filmed," said the prosecution motion.

Dr. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty and the search for a jury to judge him resumes May 4. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor is to rule on pretrial motions Thursday.

"This Is It," which was compiled from weeks of rehearsal footage, was released as a commercial film after Jackson's death.

Defense attorneys have moved to bar the autopsy pictures from being shown, saying they will inflame the passions of the jury.

The prosecution motion said the photos will help the jury understand medical testimony.

"Moreover, the photographs of Michael Jackson are not gory or gruesome, lessening any potential for prejudice," the motion said.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

That is so cool, they will show him dead, and then 1-2-3 Bam he is alive. He will show up alive and well. The title explains it really well. Show Jackson dead and alive..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

How much news about this trial! I'm getting nervous about it! So these pictures will have to appear, but they are not bloody and horrible???
Oh, God. .. anyway, we'll never see those photos even! :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

all4loveandbelieve

Quote from: "AnaMarcia"
How much news about this trial! I'm getting nervous about it! So these pictures will have to appear, but they are not bloody and horrible???
Anamarcia, no worries girl.. autopsy there is not blood. It will not be Michael believe me. So do not panic do not get nervous. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

But prosecutors said the autopsy pictures would corroborate the medical examiner's testimony that Jackson, although thin, was in good health.

This is exactly what i said in the other thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
Quote from: "AnaMarcia"
Anamarcia, no worries girl.. autopsy there is not blood. It will not be Michael believe me. So do not panic do not get nervous. Blessings.

Your words are so sweet, all4!
I know that not will be Michael, but sometimes this is very difficult!

Big hug!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

suspicious mind

you know we have seen more and more pics from this is it . wonder if any of this will reveal if there were or were not doubles ? surely it will come up. then it would have to lead to how long they have really been working on this project and more details will have to be given up won't they?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Watching This Is It will show that Michael was normal, feeling good about things and life.  Not suicidal.  Will quash the notion that he self administered drugs or that he was high on drugs.  This could be a good thing :)  The autopsy report will coroborate that.  Only drugs  in the autopsy were the ones Murray gave him the night in question with no other indication that he was a habitual drug user.

Didn’t it state that the drugs in his system weren’t dissolved?  That IMO indicates that they were ingested not long before he stopped breathing.  Absorption & digestion cease at death, so the stomach, blood & urine contents and their drug  concentration would be frozen at that time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Hopefully the autopsy pictures will prove once and for all that it was not MJ on that table !!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The title for this article is priceless!
"Dead and Alive"- Yep! LOL

I have said it before and I say it again: It would make NO sense to show autopsy pictures to proove he was in good heath because you do not need pictures for that!
All you would need are the reports.  What's the point?  "His heart was normal etc, etc"- and show the heart?  No, I think not.

He did not die from anything externally visible- so the footage from TII would suffice to show how he was - the night before he "died."  To call for the autopsy pics is overkill.  Just plain silly.  

A pure show-effect.  For the greatest show of earth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal