all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Marilyn Monroe’s secret trip to mob hideout
April 28, 2011, 10:49:31 AM
I don't know if this was already posted. If so please delete. I am wondering why this is coming out now? Does it have to do something with Michael, maybe he is hiding from the mob too?

Published On Wed Apr 27 2011Email Print Share6Rss Article

A fragment of an audio-tape memoir by the late George Masters details Marilyn Monroe's meeting with a Mafia boss in Las Vegas the night before she died.

ENTERTAINMENT COLUMNIST
A fragment of a long lost audio-tape memoir by Hollywood hair stylist and make-up artist, the late George Masters, has added another confounding layer to the mystery surrounding the controversial death of Marilyn Monroe in 1962.

On the tape, Masters talks about a second and, until now, unreported trip the doomed movie star made to Las Vegas – on Frank Sinatra’s private jet – for a secret meeting with Mafia boss Sam Giancana on the day before she was found dead in her Brentwood apartment, says Los Angeles-based advertising company owner and popular culture vulture/author Chris Epting, in a story published today on AolNews.

Monroe had made a well-documented trip the previous weekend to the Cal-Neva Lodge, the Las Vegas resort favoured by Giancana and his gangster friends, with Sinatra. But no mention has been made until now, despite numerous investigations into her death, of a second flight to Sin City, just a few hours before she was found dead -- supposedly from a drug overdose.

Epting says he was contacted by Jeff Platts, a 60-year-old sales consultant from Southern California, who had read Epting’s book, Marilyn Monroe Dyed Here: More Locations of America's Pop Culture Landmarks. Platts felt compelled, Epting writes, to reveal the contents of taped reminiscences by Masters, his uncle – at one time the highest-paid celebrity stylist in the world, with a roster of Hollywood stars and members of American social royalty – in 1998.

In the recordings of phone conversations between Platt and Masters, who died in poverty, “the drug-addled victim of the star chamber he helped create”, in 1998 at age 62, Epting writes – it’s clear the star stylist is not confusing the first trip with the second, on which he accompanied Monroe.

He also drove her home from the Los Angeles airport the next morning, Masters says.

“George specifically told me that Marilyn spent the evening with Sam Giancana,” Platts is reported to have told Epting. “The only other person he mentioned that was there was (singer) Buddy Greco. No Frank Sinatra, no Dean Martin. George also said that the person she was really in love with at that moment was Sam Giancana.”

Epting speculates that Giancana and Sinatra, both still supporters of the Kennedy administration, were trying to convince the movie star not to go public with revelations of her affairs with President John F. Kennedy and his brother, Robert, then the U.S. Attorney General. Their powers of persuasion failed on the previous weekend, so Monroe was summoned for another chat, Epting believes.

On the tape, Masters also reveals Monroe’s publicist, Pat Newcomb, knew all about the second flight to Las Vegas, and covered for Monroe by sleeping in her apartment that night, and reporting only that she had seen the star awake and alive at noon on the day she died.

Newcomb, now in her 80s, went on to work for the Kennedys and for the past 50 years, has remained tight-lipped and evasive about the events surrounding her client’s death.

True or false, Masters’ reminiscences will add fuel to never-ending speculation and countless conspiracy theories about Monroe’s death, and efforts of the Kennedys, their supporters in the Mafia, and the FBI to keep her quiet.

The tapes also reveal details of Monroe's life, “a shady parallel universe where powerful celebrities, gangsters and politicians drank, schemed, spied, gambled and had sex – all on their own rough terms,” Epting writes.

Masters describes how he was blindfolded during a limo trip to Sinatra’s house with Monroe, to keep the address secret. He also talks about private jet escapes with Monroe all over the country, as well as preparing the star for secret assignations with the men in her life.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

maybe its released now because of teh FBI vault.  lots of information has been put up on there...  I havent read  Monroes file, but maybe some of this is in there??
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal