Trial will be delayed
May 02, 2011, 11:37:52 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Can anyone open this article?  it will not allow me access on this computer at work.  Sorry pale/
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

bec

Re: Trial will be delayed
May 02, 2011, 11:44:03 AM
LA judge delays trial of Michael Jackson doctor
Updated 11:06 a.m., Monday, May 2, 2011

* FILE - In this Jan. 25, 2011 file photo, Dr. Conrad Murray, singer Michael Jackson’s personal physician, appears in Los Angeles Superior Court where Murray pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the pop star’s 2009 death. Photo: Irfan Khan / AP
      FILE - In this Jan. 25, 2011 file photo, Dr. Conrad Murray, singer Michael Jackson’s personal physician, appears in Los Angeles Superior Court where Murray pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the pop star’s 2009 death. Photo: Irfan Khan / AP
      FILE - In this Jan. 25, 2011 file photo, Dr. Conrad Murray, singer...

Comments (0)    
0 Share
Larger | Smaller
Printable Version
Email This

Georgia (default)

Verdana

Times New Roman

Arial
Font

Texas
Click to View RSS Feed

LA judge delays trial of Michael Jackson doctor

Sports
Click to View RSS Feed

Sezer set for regional track and field meet

Nation
Click to View RSS Feed

Storm survivors turn to faith, federal government

US kills bin Laden decade after Sept. 11 attacks

Page 1 of 1

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge is delaying the trial for the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death to give defense attorneys time to counter new prosecution experts.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says "the need for fundamental fairness" requires a delay. He didn't say how long.

Dr. Conrad Murray's defense attorney, Ed Chernoff, told the judge the Houston-based cardiologist had agreed to delay the case.

New dates for the trial and resumption of jury selection were not immediately set.

Chernoff on Friday said the delay was to counter newly disclosed experts who a prosecutor said would support the "cornerstone" of their case.

Murray pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter. Authorities have accused him of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol in the bedroom of the singer's rented mansion.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

bec

May 02, 2011, 11:45:53 AM
Very vague article. I will wait before throwing out F bombs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

May 02, 2011, 11:47:07 AM
Thanks bec. bow/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

Grace

May 02, 2011, 11:58:07 AM
Trial of Michael Jackson's doctor could be delayed
By Alan Duke, CNN
May 2, 2011 -- Updated 1513 GMT (2313 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* NEW: Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers ask for two more weeks to prepare for trial
    * The judge will hear arguments for a delay Monday
    * A trial delay would be expensive for cash-strapped L.A. courts
    * Murray's trial testimony is set to start next week

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A judge will decide Monday whether the voluntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, set to start next week, will be delayed.

Lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray told the judge Friday that they need more time to answer what they say are new theories about Jackson's death raised by the prosecution.

Unless Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor accepts the defense motion for a delay, jury selection will conclude this week and testimony will start next Monday.

The defense motion filed Sunday asked for a two-week break between the time jurors are chosen, which is expected to conclude by Friday, and opening statements and testimony.

"I'm not saying what I'm prepared to do, because I need to hear and see more information," Pastor said during a Friday afternoon hearing.

A delay, however long, would be expensive for the cash-strapped court system. Pastor said there had been a "massive investment of time and money" put toward the trial.
Dr. Conrad Murray: 'I'm an innocent man'

There are 171 potential jurors already "hardship qualified" for a two-month trial, but a delay might require them to go through the process again.

The possibility of a delay was raised earlier Friday when Pastor ruled prosecutors could call new expert witnesses, including one who would testify that there was no way Jackson could have self-ingested the drug that the coroner said killed him.

Defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said he consulted with Dr. Murray after that hearing and they agreed they needed more time to prepare their expert testimony to counter the new prosecution experts.

"This is precisely the matter I fully expected that was going to happen when the defense said it wanted to go in 60 days," Pastor said.

Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial after January's preliminary hearing in which the prosecution's expert witness admitted he made a math mistake that supported the defense theory that Jackson may have given himself the fatal dose of propofol.

Propofol is a surgical anesthetic that the Los Angeles coroner ruled killed Jackson, in combination with several sedatives found in his blood.

"I actually made a mistake on that," Dr. Richard Ruffalo testified during cross-examination, referring to his calculation of the levels of drugs in Jackson's stomach fluid.

Murray's lawyers suggest a frustrated and sleepless Jackson may have poured the surgical anesthetic propofol mixed with lidocaine into his juice bottle while the doctor was out of his bedroom.

A new expert approved by Pastor on Friday will testify that he "concludes it was impossible for Michael Jackson to orally ingest" the fatal drug, prosecutor David Walgren said.

"Super expert Dr. Ruffalo prepared a 60-page report," Defense lawyer Michael Flanagan said in court Friday. "We got ready on that, but now the trial in this case will look nothing like the preliminary. I bet you they're not going to call Ruffalo."

The prosecution said the defense is always welcome to call the former prosecution expert.

"They are not calling their original 11 experts," Flanagan said. "They've got three brand new ones, which requires us to prepare all over again for these new theories and justifications of these theories."

The new experts will present "more detailed analysis, but not a new theory," Walgren said.

In Session's Beth Karas contributed to this report.

Murray Trial May Be Delayed
Defense lawyers seek time to line-up new witnesses
By Yvonne Beltzer
Friday, Apr 29, 2011 | Updated 4:27 PM PDT

Lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray want to delay his manslaughter trial that was scheduled to begin next week with jury selection.

Although Murray had originally refused to waive his right to a speedy trial, his attorneys told the judge Friday that they need more time to line up new defense experts to refute new prosecution witnesses.

L.A. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor has ordered a hearing on Monday morning to obtain more information before deciding whether to grant the continuance.

Pastor had hoped to begin jury selection next week and have opening statements by the following week.

He said in court that a "massive investment of time and money" had been put toward the trial.

He added that a delay might be costly.

Defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said he consulted with Murray after the hearing and the doctor agreed that his attorneys needed more time to prepare their case in light of prosecution changes.

One new prosecution witness is expected to testify that it would have been impossible for Michael Jackson to have taken the anesthetic propofol orally the morning he died.

This is at odds with defense theory, but the judge ruled Friday that the new prosecution witness would be allowed to testify.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

bec

May 02, 2011, 11:59:49 AM
Could be/may be... so vague... so open ended...

Why do they mess with us so badly...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Yulia

May 02, 2011, 12:12:27 PM
It's not possible

BREAKING NEWS: The Conrad Murray trial has been re-set to start on September 20th...with jury selection beginning around September 8th!
4 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet

This is absolutelly not possible. Sept 20. This simply has to be a bad joke or EVERYTHING is a  joke, including hoaxing his death. Not anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

May 02, 2011, 12:13:44 PM
I can't take this anymore. Delayed to 20th September?! There's no way if Michael was alive to postpone this forever! What is too long, IS too much and it can't be possible. There's no way this is planned by Michael, if he was alive and behind this he would have it under control. It's already been long, in a short time no one would be here anymore, it's been too long!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2011, 12:21:11 PM
I just want to break down and cry.  I' believe I've become manic depressive since 6/25/2009 and now another long wait  crash/  crash/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

May 02, 2011, 12:24:04 PM
I haven't had a chance to read through the article yet, but it isn't uncommon at all for trials to be delayed multiple times.  Yes, it is frustrating, but it happens all of the time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2011, 12:33:21 PM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I just want to break down and cry.  I' believe I've become manic depressive since 6/25/2009 and now another long wait  crash/  crash/

oH ME too.  I'm getting on something for it from My doc..:)
 mj_bad/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2011, 12:40:12 PM
1direction4MJ
Pastor now says jury selection will begin on Sept. 8 and opening statements will begin later that month.

michael is dead
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2011, 12:41:49 PM
The Associated Press
Posted: May 2, 2011 1:28 PM ET
Last Updated: May 2, 2011 1:28 PM ET
Back to accessibility links
Supporting Story Content
Story Sharing Tools

Share with Add This
    Print this story
    E-mail this story

End of Supporting Story Content
Back to accessibility links
Beginning of Story Content
Dr. Conrad Murray has had his trial delayed until September. Dr. Conrad Murray has had his trial delayed until September. (Associated Press)

The trial of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death has been delayed until September.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor on Monday put off opening statements that had been set for next week and says he will release potential jurors who have started the screening process.

Pastor now says jury selection will begin on Sept. 8 and opening statements will begin later that month.

Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray asked to delay the trial to prepare for new prosecution experts expected to be called as witnesses.

Murray had been seeking a speedy trial but has waived that right to allow his attorneys time to prepare. The defence team claimed the prosecution introduced new experts to its list of witnesses on the eve of the trial.

Pastor says he allowed the delay because of the need for fundamental fairness in the trial.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the singer's June 2009 death.

The Houston-based cardiologist is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol in the bedroom of the his rented mansion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2011, 12:47:22 PM
Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray asked to delay the trial to prepare for new prosecution experts expected to be called as witnesses.

Who? Lopez and Lopez  suspicious//

Remember there are 2 of them...

"Tim Lopez, a pharmacist at Applied Pharmacy Services in Las Vegas, said beginning on April 6, 2009, Dr. Murray began ordering large quantities of Propofol. On that date, he ordered 10 single dose vials."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

all4loveandbelieve

May 02, 2011, 12:57:46 PM
You guys give up so fast.. I understand that they delayed the trial to September. Like I always said Michael will not come back this July but next yr with LE CIRQUE DU SOLEIL. MICHAEL IS ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE.. Why does this put down your faith. Remark my words there will probably be no trial. For me this is a very good thing. I will explain.. When my uncle was murdered the trial was not delayed at all they set it for a certain date and it went through, because he really really died. So please do not give up hope, FAITH FAITH FAITH.. I am getting a little tired of being the one to pep everyone to be positive. In a situation you need to analyse, be rational and thing why this happening? You will get your answer. The more you get upset the more you are not thinking properly. I am telling you this is all Michaels doing. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal