everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Madonna dancer Sofia Boutella and actor Falk Hentschel Sign for 'Streetdance 2 3D' (Cannes)10:41 AM 5/13/2011 by Stuart Kemp
Directed by Max and Dania from a script by Jane English, "Streetdance 2 3D" also features the return of the first film's dancing sensation George Sampson.

CANNES -- Madonna dancer Sofia Boutella and actor Falk Hentschel are dancing onto movie screens after signing for Streetdance 2 3D, the sequel to the U.K. box office dance smash.
Having danced on two of Madonna’s world tours (Confessions and Sticky & Sweet), Boutella was most recently seen as the lead in Michael Jackson’s posthumous video release Hollywood Tonight. Falk was last seen on the big screen in the Tom Cruise action thriller Knight & Day.
Directed by the returning team Max and Dania from a script by the first outing's scribe Jane English, Streetdance 2 3D also features the return of the first film's dancing sensation George Sampson.
The follow-up sees top street dancer Ash (Hentschel) humiliated and laughed off stage by American crew Invincible before he sets off to gather the best dancers from around the world to take them on - with a dance style they weren't expecting.
Shooting from the beginning of June, Vertigo says it will shot on location throughout Europe including London, Paris, Rome and Berlin and plans to release it in Spring 2012. Protagonist Films is handling international sales here in the Marche du Film.
The film is co-funded by the British Film Institute and BBC Films and is a co-production with Eagle Pictures in Italy and Film Eins in Germany.
Vertigo is also prepping a big action follow-up to the micro-budget hit Monsters that launched writer/director Gareth Edwards into the Hollywood limelight. Edwards, who is prepping Godzilla for Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros., will exec produce Monsters 2.
Award winning promo duo Brent Bonacorso and Jesse Atlas will direct the picture, which is budgeted at around $5 million, five times more than the original's budget, made for less than $1 million.
Monsters actor Scoot McNairy and Vertigo’s Rupert Preston will also exec produce and Vertigo producers Allan Niblo and James Richardson have also brought in Ben Pugh and Rory Aitken from Between the Eyes as producers
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wow.. that's really great for her? She did an amazing performance in Hollywood Tonight, which helped too I'd think  mj_dance/
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

all4loveandbelieve

What is it with Cannes this year. Princess Diana movie was shown in Cannes, Joe Jackson Is in Cannes promoting the perfumes, and now this?? I think this is some sort of a connection, I feel something very strange.. Could Michael be in Cannes?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
What is it with Cannes this year. Princess Diana movie was shown in Cannes, Joe Jackson Is in Cannes promoting the perfumes, and now this?? I think this is some sort of a connection, I feel something very strange.. Could Michael be in Cannes?

Yes, same thoughs. And Janet is in Cannes too(and Vienna), a family gathering in Cannes perhaps 8-)

(UPDATE) Janet Jackson, Gwen Stefani Among AmFAR in Cannes Hosts

05/04/11 1:31pm
Roger Friedman
1    As the Cannes droves prepare their trips, AmFAR is planning its annual “Cinema Against AIDS” dinner on the second Thursday of the festival. Janet Jackson has been signed up as a host with a group including Gwen Stefani, which should make the event hotter than ever. Now the big question is whether or not Sharon Stone will be back after a year off from conducting the famed live auction. There are those who love Sharon’s style and some who don’t. But AmFAR suffers a little without Stone’s presence.(Last year, the AmFAR people were very upset when I reported that Sharon wasn’t coming. She had a film to shoot in Eastern Europe.)

UPDATE: Unclear if Janet or Gwen will sing. And I’m told it’s “unlikely” Sharon Stone will attend. More to come…

As usual, Kenneth Cole is back at the helm, with Harvey Weinstein co-hosting and hoping to bring whatever talent is still in town to the big night at the Hotel du Cap. And L’Oreal has signed on to sponsor the after party.

AmFAR may have a little bit of a scheduling conflict on Thursday as it’s also the premiere night for Pedro Almodovar’s “The Skin I Live In,” starring Antonio Banderas. But “Drive,” with Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan, opens on the last Friday, so those young stars may turn up. And if Terrence Malick’s “Tree of Life” is any good, Sean Penn and Brad Pitt may be hanging around for the Saturday night awards presentation. Cannes is going to be celeb-heavy this year anyway, with Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Penn, and even “Mad Men” star Jon Hamm, who will be in town promoting girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt’s “Friends with Benefits.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Yes, same thoughs. And Janet is in Cannes too(and Vienna), a family gathering in Cannes perhaps  
hmmmm, apparently not...according to this article:

Janet and Joe Jackson Pass Like Ships in Cannes Night
Jackson and her father, Joseph, may each be in Cannes, but they didn't see each other — and they won't.

Unlike siblings Jane and Peter Fonda, who had a rendezvous last night at director Paul Haggis' Artists for Peace and Justice Haiti fundraiser, the Jacksons are not having a family moment. This is even with Janet celebrating a birthday on Monday. Janet appears tonight at fundraiser in Antibes and last night was seen on the boat of designer Roberto Cavalli. But when I ran into Joseph Jackson on Wednesday night at the Carlton Hotel, he was nonplussed by the information that his famous daughter was in town.

"Tell her I said hello," he told me. Did he know she had a birthday this week, I asked? "We don't celebrate birthdays," replied the Jehovah's Witness.

Jackson Sr., a renowned entrepreneur, has just launched a line of perfumes under the Jackson name here in Cannes. He's now doing business with his late son Michael's former manager, Dieter Wiesner, and has formed an alliance with a Vietnamese hotel chain owner. This is real: They are starting a hotel called Happy Land Resort Vietnam: A Jackson Neverland Themed Worldwide Resort.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

all4loveandbelieve

Quote from: "everlastinglove_MJ"
Yes, same thoughs. And Janet is in Cannes too(and Vienna), a family gathering in Cannes perhaps  
hmmmm, apparently not...according to this article:

Janet and Joe Jackson Pass Like Ships in Cannes Night
Jackson and her father, Joseph, may each be in Cannes, but they didn't see each other — and they won't.

Unlike siblings Jane and Peter Fonda, who had a rendezvous last night at director Paul Haggis' Artists for Peace and Justice Haiti fundraiser, the Jacksons are not having a family moment. This is even with Janet celebrating a birthday on Monday. Janet appears tonight at fundraiser in Antibes and last night was seen on the boat of designer Roberto Cavalli. But when I ran into Joseph Jackson on Wednesday night at the Carlton Hotel, he was nonplussed by the information that his famous daughter was in town.

"Tell her I said hello," he told me. Did he know she had a birthday this week, I asked? "We don't celebrate birthdays," replied the Jehovah's Witness.

Jackson Sr., a renowned entrepreneur, has just launched a line of perfumes under the Jackson name here in Cannes. He's now doing business with his late son Michael's former manager, Dieter Wiesner, and has formed an alliance with a Vietnamese hotel chain owner. This is real: They are starting a hotel called Happy Land Resort Vietnam: A Jackson Neverland Themed Worldwide Resort.

I still feel something is up.. Cannot shake this feeling.. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal