Michael Jackson Killed Radio (LOL)
May 26, 2011, 03:03:20 PM
I love the below piece for the most part, because it shows just how much of a Thriller MJ has been to the music industry, entertainment and the entire world.  This person's opinion is amusing to say the least.  He probably is a MJ/Thriller closet fan freak.  I think this writer was complementing MJ whether he knows it or not.  I think deep down, he knows.

MJ was made a King in an African Nation.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson: crowned in Africa, pop music king tells real story of controversial trip - includes related interview - Cover Story
by Robert E. Johnson

WHEN he was out front as the 14year-old lead vocalist of the Jackson Five singing group, Michael Jackson visited Africa for the first time.

"When we came off the plane in [Daka, Senegal] Africa," he recalls, "we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums and sounds filled the air with rhythm. I was going crazy, I was screaming, "All right! They got the rhythm... This is it. This is where I come from. The origin."'

Nineteen years later, when Michael, now 33, came off the plane in Gabon, a West African neighbor nation of Senegal, he was greeted by an excited, screaming crowd of grade-school students who carried a banner that proclaimed: "Welcome Home Michael."

Drum sounds again filled the air with rhythm that flowed from fans who gathered at the airport and lined the streets in anticipation of seeing the "king of pop, rock and soul," who would later be crowned "King Sani" in a West African village.

Despite or perhaps because of this acclaim, the pop idol almost immediately became the center of an international controversy based on a negative media campaign. The media bashing included these big lies:

The trip was a "public relations disaster for Michael." Truth: It was a triumph in which he drew more spectators in Gabon than Nelson Mandela and more in the Ivory Coast than the Pope, according to African spokespersons.

* "The singer cut short an African tour after a stopover generated the wrong kind of excitement." Truth: The sponsors wanted him to extend his tour to meet the demand for his appearances everywhere.

* He held his hand to his nose because the African nations smelled. Truth: He sometimes touched his nose, an old nervous habit which earned him the nickname "Smelly," given originally by Quincy Jones because Michael was touching his nose in Los Angeles.

* He collapsed from the heat and he went to London for a medical appointment. Truth: He was never bothered by the heat. His personal physician, Dr. R. Chalmers, accompanied Jackson on the trip. Jackson didn't go to London for a medical appointment.

* He refused to shake hands with Africans. Truth: He shook the hands of hundreds of people, hugged and kissed children in hospitals and institutions for the mentally retarded.

* He is "neither Black nor White" and is not a good role model for children. Truth: After Michael read a prayer in the Basilica of Our Lady of Peace in the Ivory Coast, a 9-year-old boy exclaimed "Michael is love, love, love! I want to be like him."

Because he is well known for his humanity and philanthrophy, tour organizer Charles Bobbit reflected on the Affrican tour and said: "I was impressed with the interaction between Michael and the children. He sat on the bed with children who were deformed and children that were ill... He sat there and talked to them, hugged, cuddled them. He shook hands and did not wear a surgical mask like he does sometimes in America... That qualifies him as a role model for children--his deeds and not his looks."

While the international controversy raged, Michael remained aloof, refusing to read the stories and saying that he preferred to let his deeds and his songs speak for him. Strangely and significantly, he had anticipated these and other criticisms in the song, "Why You Wanna Trip On Me," in the Dangerous album. The song says, in part:

They say I'm different/They don't understand/But there's a bigger problem] Thats much more in demand/You got world hunger/Not enough to eat/So there's really no time/To be trippin' on

It was clear from the beginning that the African people agreed with Michael. And from the time of his arrival, the natWe of Gary, Ind., was welcomed like a ruling dignitary and a long-lost son.

He had come to the land of his ancestors to participate in a historic ceremony conducted beneath a sacred tree in the gold-mining village of Krindjabo, populated by the Agni tribe and located near Abidjan, Ivory Coast. As the village people stood in admiration, Amon N' Djaolk, the traditional tribal chief of Krindjabo, placed a crown of gold upon the head of the musical monarch and pronounced him "king of Sani..

Almost overcome by emotions, the shy, sensitive son of Joseph and Katherine Jackson smiled and said, "Merci beaucoup," to the French-speaking people and repeated in English, 'Thank you very much."

He then joined elders of the king's court, signed official documents and sat on a throne of gold as women dancers, clad in white gowns, gave a dazzling performance of ritual dances. These elderly women are the guardians of the village, and their ceremonial dances gave their blessings to the crowning of"King Sani" and asked God for protection at a tree that symbolized the essence of power.

The musical messenger, who journeyed to West and East African nations as a self-proclaimed ambassador of peace, love and goodwill, achieved a success that exceeded his expectation.

From his sunset arrival in Gabon, where more than 100,000 people greeted him with spiritual bedlam, to his stop in Cairo, Egypt, to which he had paid homage on his newest album, Dangerous, with the best-selling single and music video Remember The Time, Michael was caught up in a hurricane of happy happenings.

[youtube:1ecjwr5a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otOAV1XvZOI[/youtube:1ecjwr5a]

[youtube:1ecjwr5a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJk84s2bew[/youtube:1ecjwr5a]

Get ready for Thriller II, mate. mj_bad/

P.S. Souza, how about the TII emoticon?  Lol  I'm not sure it will work, but I attached it.

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael Jackson Killed Radio (LOL)
May 26, 2011, 05:28:38 PM
I love it! He's a REAL king.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sept

May 27, 2011, 12:50:34 AM
A lot of people say today's music is pretty bad. I hear album or CD sales are getting lower. It would be quite a kicker if MJ came back to pull another Thriller on the music industry today like he did in the 80s. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don\'t Stop \'Til You Get Enough You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MJonmind

May 27, 2011, 01:20:14 AM
Quote from: "happythoughts"
I love it! He's a REAL king.
King of my heart! Beautiful videos! moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

May 27, 2011, 01:52:55 AM
very beautiful and true, he's definitely the only  king of music, of all genres , and, of, course, the king of my heart(our hearts)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

May 27, 2011, 09:20:02 AM
Thank you for sharing that article with us. I remember reading something similar right after June 25, 2009. This African nation that crowned Michael King wanted to bring his remains home to Africa and give him a proper burial. Of course that never happened. These are the stories that need to be spread like wildfire on the net in order to negate the stories that are lies.

It is a beautiful recount of Michael's love for the world and the worlds love for Michael. I'm no longer surprised at how the media twisted everything Michael did from a positive into a negative.

The musical messenger, who journeyed to West and East African nations as a self-proclaimed ambassador of peace, love and goodwill, achieved a success that exceeded his expectation.

Yes, Michael is our Musical Messenger. One who spreads love, peace, and goodwill to all.

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

May 27, 2011, 02:38:14 PM
Thanks you guys.  I love MJ's interview and the entire article, too.

By the way, notice how MJ turned from a hairless man to a werewolf?  If they could do that with the technology from 1982/83, then they could have added hairs to Thome-Thome's arms.  I swear in one pic, I thought I saw hair on his arms and on another there wasn't any.

On below video, notice the smile (the way he sets his mouth) MJ's face at  1:23 - 1:24 on tube below.  This is when he reminds me of one pic of Thome-Thome.  See, many of us remember things that MJ used to do when he was younger.  WE NEVER MISSED A JACKSON 5 performance on TV.  Back then, we would never miss a black person/entertainer on TV period, because the sight was so rare.  We loved all of those boys and had our faves.

MJ covered this song as it is an original by the Supremes (Diana sang lead).  It is one of my all time favorite songs by them.  I LOVE IT!

If you read the article from 1992 I posted in the Michael's Life forum, he talks about the fact that he thinks the Universe is an symphonic orchestra.  Grisso, author of the Tree of Life piece that I posted said - "The Universe is a Cosmic Symphony.  There we go.  MJ knows about the Tree of Life.  

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions