You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson's posthumous 'Michael' debuts at No. 3

by Kate Ward
Dec 22 2010 02:05 PM ET

Apparently, Michael Jackson’s posthumous album isn’t quite thrilling U.S. audiences. Despite finishing on top around the world in countries like Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, and Sweden, Michael debuted at No. 3 on U.S. charts, according to Reuters. The album has performed better even in Canada and Belgium, where it finished at No. 2. (It sits at No. 3 in Japan, and at No. 4 in Britain, France, and Denmark.)

Though Epic was anticipating a sales number nearing 400,000, Michael only sold 228,000 copies its first week. Music fans gobbled up 259,000 copies of Taylor Swift’s “Speak,” however, sending the young singer to No. 1 for the third week in a row. (Susan Boyle sits at No. 2 with The Gift, which picked up 254,000 copies.) More posthumous Michael Jackson albums and tracks are expected.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

I'm late but, it's a shame that the album didn't reach No.1. :(
IMO, it's a really nice album, but a lot of people, including MJ fans, wouldn't buy it because A. They don't think a few or any of the tracks are Michael and B. They don't believe Michael would have wanted the tracks out

Some wouldn't even listen to it or give it a chance. :|
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions