Michael Jackson Wanted Role in X-Men
June 06, 2011, 03:26:27 PM

One of the more interesting and amusing stories from the recent movie industry conference, Produced By, concerns a top producer revealing that Michael Jackson had lobbied for a role in the first X-Men movie.

However, the King of Pop didn't want to play a mutant with an over-the-top costume or ridiculous powers. No, Jacko had his heart set on playing the wheelchair-bound telepath and founder of the X-Men, Professor X, in a role that eventually went to Patrick Stewart for three movies (and is currently being played by James McAvoy in the new prequel X-Men:First Class).

Ralph Winter, producer of the X-Men movie series plus the second Fantastic Four film, told the assembled crowd that former basketball star, Shaquille O'Neal, had also wanted a role in X-Men, which came out in 2000.

However, apart from dropping in stunning little tidbits like the Jackson story, the main thrust of the talk - which had the alluring title Raising Your Tentpole: Producing Motion Picture Franchises - was about whether studios should continue to film in 3D.

Lauren Shuler Donner, another X-Men producer, revealed that X-Men: First Class was never going to be that gimmicky. "We chose not to do 3D," Donner told the audience. "I believe the movie itself tells you whether it should be 3D. And I believe there's a little too much 3D right now. I think, especially in this economy, parents don't always want to spend that extra money.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Michael Jackson Wanted Role in X-Men
June 06, 2011, 04:03:59 PM
I think Michael would’ve kilt that role.  Their loss.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MissG

Re: Michael Jackson Wanted Role in X-Men
June 10, 2011, 06:17:45 AM
Quote from: "Tink.I.Am"

One of the more interesting and amusing stories from the recent movie industry conference, Produced By, concerns a top producer revealing that Michael Jackson had lobbied for a role in the first X-Men movie.

However, the King of Pop didn't want to play a mutant with an over-the-top costume or ridiculous powers. No, Jacko had his heart set on playing the wheelchair-bound telepath and founder of the X-Men, Professor X, in a role that eventually went to Patrick Stewart for three movies (and is currently being played by James McAvoy in the new prequel X-Men:First Class).

Ralph Winter, producer of the X-Men movie series plus the second Fantastic Four film, told the assembled crowd that former basketball star, Shaquille O'Neal, had also wanted a role in X-Men, which came out in 2000.

However, apart from dropping in stunning little tidbits like the Jackson story, the main thrust of the talk - which had the alluring title Raising Your Tentpole: Producing Motion Picture Franchises - was about whether studios should continue to film in 3D.

Lauren Shuler Donner, another X-Men producer, revealed that X-Men: First Class was never going to be that gimmicky. "We chose not to do 3D," Donner told the audience. "I believe the movie itself tells you whether it should be 3D. And I believe there's a little too much 3D right now. I think, especially in this economy, parents don't always want to spend that extra money.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

had his heart set on playing the wheelchair-bound telepath and founder of the X-Men, Professor X

This is very funny to read actually. A former member of this forum said it many times, that MJ had telepathy.

At moments like this i wish I could have had the chance to have a lil conversation with Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal