MTV Awards: Did anyone else find this odd?
June 06, 2011, 04:49:51 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

'Green Lantern' Props Rock The Red Carpet!
Posted 21 hrs ago by Kara Warner in DC Comics, News

Hal Jordan's "Green Lantern" predecessor Abin Sur is everywhere these days. He started his tour de force at San Diego Comic-Con, popped up again in the comics recently (in "Green Lantern" #64), and he makes regular appearances in many of the "Green Lantern" trailers — and now he's at the MTV Movie Awards, too!

In case you haven't been glued to MTV for our Movie Awards pre-show, you just missed yet another Abin Sur sighting on our very own red carpet, plus the actual Green Lantern used to power up Hal's ring (as well as Captain America's shield and a HYDRA motorcycle).

Similarly to how he was displayed at SDCC, the fallen Green Lantern Corps member (played by "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" alum Temuera Morrison) is lying in the coffin-like escape pod that brought him to Earth.
And if Abin Sur's slightly eerie Movie Awards presence isn't enough to satisfy your "Green Lantern"-related cravings, MTV also managed to score the powerful lantern that Hal relies upon to charge his ring.

i don't have the video to it, maybe will be able to find it later, but Sway calls this "coffin like escape pod" a Hyperbaric Chamber. When i saw this on TV last night i almost spit out my drink.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OMGosh.......really odd!
Thank you for the smile TheMoonIsDancing!
I needed that!  Hugs.......  bearhug

Have a beautiful day!
Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Odd it is.... confused/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
That's interesting to say the least.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Here is the link to the MTV pre-show highlight of the 'hyperbaric chamber' lmao.

And although no relation to the movie Green Lantern, perhaps we are supposed to be led to this: This is Evil Genius Green Lantern, a famous American DJ who is signed to Def Jam. Well, he has a mix tape out called 'Alive on Arrival', instead of dead on arrival ;) with the MJ song 'Wanna be where you are' mixed into it

Charles Hamilton and Green Lantern sampling Billie Jean.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Great! I like that mix...
I can't help the impression that several african-american musicians are way more awake than other folks in the industry. I do not wonder.

Michael was in New York together with Al Sharpton on Saturday July 6, 2002 (day before alleged signiture of his will in L.A.) to support african-american musicians in their professional efforts.

This video cuts together New York and later London events.
[youtube:2xkatj6y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhB1YyuASfA[/youtube:2xkatj6y]

Transcript of the speech:
On July 6, 2002, Michael Jackson spoke about racism within the entertainment industry to a crowd gathered at the headquarters of Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network in Harlem, New York.

Thank you, Al Sharpton. Thank you, Johnnie Cochran. Thank you for inviting me here and all the lovely people here tonight.

I remember a long time ago, in Indiana—of course I was like six or seven years old—I had a dream that I wanted to be a performer, an entertainer.

Whenever I’d couldn’t get to to sleep at night, or my mother would wake me up and shout, “Michael, Michael, James Brown is on 2! Turn it on!”

I’d jump out of bed and I’d just stare at the screen and he’d twist and he’d turn and he’d bump and he’d grind. And then there was Jackie Wilson. He’d just go on and on, just phenomenal, unlimited, great talent. It’s very sad to see that these artists really are penniless. They created so much joy for the world, and the system, meaning the record companies, totally took advantage of them.

And it’s not like they always say, you know, “They built a big house, they spent a lot of money, they bought a lot of cars.” That’s stupid. That’s just an excuse. That’s nothing compared to what artists make. I just need you to know that this is very important, what we’re fighting for. Because I’m tired—I’m really, REALLY tired of the manipulation, I’m tired of how the press is manipulating everything that’s been happening in this situation. They do not tell the truth! They’re liars!

And they manipulate our history books. The history books are not true! It’s a lie! The history books are lying. You need to know that. You must know that. All the forms of popular music: From jazz to hip-hop, to bebop to soul. You talk about the different dances from the cake walk to the jitterbug to the Charleston to breakdancing. All these are forms of BLACK dancing!

What’s more important than giving people a sense of escapism, and escapism meaning entertainment. What would we be like without a song? What would we be like without a dance, joy, laughter, and music? These things are very important!

But if you go to the bookstore down at the corner, you won’t see ONE BLACK PERSON on the cover! You’ll see Elvis Presley. You’ll see the Rolling Stones. But where are the real pioneers who started it?

Otis Blackwell was a prolific, phenomenal writer. He wrote some of the greatest Elvis Presley songs. And this was a black man. He died penniless. And no one wrote about this man ever, they didn’t write one book about him at all. His songs were heard all over the world. I met his daughter today, and I was so honored. To me, meeting her was on the same level as meeting the Queen of England.

I’m here to speak for all injustice. You gotta remember something—the minute I started breaking the all-time record in record sales—I broke Elvis’s records, I broke Beatles records—the minute it became the all-time best-selling album in the Guinness Book of World Records, OVERNIGHT they called me a freak, they called me a homosexual, they called me a child molester, they said I bleached my skin! They made everything to turn the public against me!

And this is all a complete, complete conspiracy. You have to know that.

I know my race! I just look in a mirror. I know I’m black.

You know, it’s time for a change! Let’s not leave this building and forget what’s been said. Put it into your heart. Put it into your subconscious mind, and let’s do something about it. We have to. We have to.

Because this has been a long, long time coming. And a change has got to come!

So let’s hold our torches high, and get the respect that we deserve.

I love you. I looooove you!

PLEASE don’t put this in your heart today and forget it tomorrow, or we will have not have accomplished our purpose if that happens. This has got to stop. It has got to stop. That’s why I’m here with the best, to make sure it stops.

I love you folks! And remember, we’re all brothers and sisters, no matter what color we are.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

MJonmind

Grace  
Great! I like that mix...
I can't help the impression that several african-american musicians are way more awake than other folks in the industry. I do not wonder.
Yes, I thought the Green Lantern, Alive on Arrival, had a lot of hoax related statements.
The escape pod does remind one of the hyperbaric chamber and MJ pic, and the words "coffin-like escape pod that brought him to Earth", reminds me of the video "Scream", because MJ and Janet are just waking up in "pods" from a long space travel time.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Did you guys notice the theme for the awards!  Rainforest...with butterflies and Sunflowers..they were a bit hard to see but they were there!!! moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this with us. It is very interesting.

That song...wow! I had chills when it said somewhere in the middle "I'm Back". Then near the end saying "Did you miss me"? They could choose millions of songs yet they chose Michael's song? Hmmm.....

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I haven't listened to the whole mix tape, but I heard the 1st two songs and Mike, you ask "Can it be I stayed away too long? Did I leave your mind when i was gone?" The answer is not in a million years! :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions