suspicious mind

Quote from: "everlastinglove_MJ"
Michael Jackson Trial Might Feature Some Animal Cruelty
Posted Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:05pm PDT by Daniel Kreps in Amplifier
The death of Michael Jackson has been attributed to an overdose of sedatives, namely the hospital-strength anesthetic Propofol, which caused the singer to suffer cardiac arrest. Prosecutors believe that Dr. Conrad Murray administered the deadly dose of Propofol to Jackson -- which is probably why they charged Murray with involuntarily manslaughter -- while the defense will argue that Jackson gave the drug to himself in a successful effort to commit suicide. All this medical talk about what Propofol does to the central nervous system might confuse the common man juror, so the defense has an idea: Give a pig the sedative, and see what happens.
In a court hearing today, the defense suggested that they "introduce evidence of a pig ingesting Propofol," TMZ reports. Then, a veterinarian would serve as an expert witness to discuss what happens when Propofol enters the blood stream. Keep in mind, this is an involuntarily manslaughter trial, not a well-financed science fair or a medical school senior thesis. We're not doctors, but one might assume that Propofol is metabolized by swine differently than humans. Since we can't picture a situation where the judge okays a live human sedation, a pig will have to do.
No word yet what the judge ruled regarding the suggestion, but expect PETA to be up in arms about it.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think there won't be used any pig in this case, perhaps a toy, just to draw attention and make a statement. This hoax is to expose many things, specially concerning the media/tabloids. Next article is about PETA being angry at Michael, because they assumed that live animals will be featured in the O2 concert tour. An assumption based on what? I think it was a publicity stunt of PETA and of course tabloids just happen to love negative news, so lots of gossip about how bad Michael was for animals. Now, I remember that in the credits at the end of This Is It, is stated that NO live animals were used during the rehearsals/movie production.

PETA is Angry with Michael Jackson
March 25, 2009 by: BRIDGET DALY

PETA hasn’t picked a fight in a few weeks, so good thing Michael Jackson did something to piss them off so they’d have a new topic to complain about!

As you know, Michael is in the planning stages of his big comeback tour at London’s O2 Arena, which kicks off in July. He’s planning on including live animals on stage for his shows, which is a big no-no to PETA!

British tabloids are reporting that Michael has his heart set on featuring exotic animals throughout the show. Sources say, “He hopes to make it the most spectacular gig ever.

"For the jungle section, he wants to ride out on an African elephant with panthers led on gold chains. Parrots and other birds will fly behind him. If it goes to plan it will look incredible.” Only Michael could pull that off!

PETA released a statement today saying, “These exotic animals belong in Africa, not the O2 Arena among screaming fans, bright lights and stage explosions. These wild animals are deprived of everything that is natural and important to them when they are forced to perform under stressful conditions. Michael needs to learn to leave exotic animals alone.”

We understand where PETA is coming from. The stage obviously isn’t these animals’ natural habitat. But we’re sure there will be dozens of trained animal caretakers that will join the tour to ensure the animals aren’t hurt. And it would look unbelievable! Who do you side with? PETA, or Michael?

this has been around since march of 09 and we haven't heard of it before. no one on michaels team has ever mentioned that he had planned this did they?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

everlastinglove_MJ

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
The death of Michael Jackson has been attributed to an overdose of sedatives, namely the hospital-strength anesthetic Propofol, which caused the singer to suffer cardiac arrest. Prosecutors believe that Dr. Conrad Murray administered the deadly dose of Propofol to Jackson -- which is probably why they charged Murray with involuntarily manslaughter -- while the defense will argue that Jackson gave the drug to himself in a successful effort to commit suicide. All this medical talk about what Propofol does to the central nervous system might confuse the common man juror, so the defense has an idea: Give a pig the sedative, and see what happens.
In a court hearing today, the defense suggested that they "introduce evidence of a pig ingesting Propofol," TMZ reports. Then, a veterinarian would serve as an expert witness to discuss what happens when Propofol enters the blood stream. Keep in mind, this is an involuntarily manslaughter trial, not a well-financed science fair or a medical school senior thesis. We're not doctors, but one might assume that Propofol is metabolized by swine differently than humans. Since we can't picture a situation where the judge okays a live human sedation, a pig will have to do.
No word yet what the judge ruled regarding the suggestion, but expect PETA to be up in arms about it.

I think there won't be used any pig in this case, perhaps a toy, just to draw attention and make a statement. This hoax is to expose many things, specially concerning the media/tabloids. Next article is about PETA being angry at Michael, because they assumed that live animals will be featured in the O2 concert tour. An assumption based on what? I think it was a publicity stunt of PETA and of course tabloids just happen to love negative news, so lots of gossip about how bad Michael was for animals. Now, I remember that in the credits at the end of This Is It, is stated that NO live animals were used during the rehearsals/movie production.

PETA hasn’t picked a fight in a few weeks, so good thing Michael Jackson did something to piss them off so they’d have a new topic to complain about!

As you know, Michael is in the planning stages of his big comeback tour at London’s O2 Arena, which kicks off in July. He’s planning on including live animals on stage for his shows, which is a big no-no to PETA!

British tabloids are reporting that Michael has his heart set on featuring exotic animals throughout the show. Sources say, “He hopes to make it the most spectacular gig ever.

"For the jungle section, he wants to ride out on an African elephant with panthers led on gold chains. Parrots and other birds will fly behind him. If it goes to plan it will look incredible.” Only Michael could pull that off!

PETA released a statement today saying, “These exotic animals belong in Africa, not the O2 Arena among screaming fans, bright lights and stage explosions. These wild animals are deprived of everything that is natural and important to them when they are forced to perform under stressful conditions. Michael needs to learn to leave exotic animals alone.”

We understand where PETA is coming from. The stage obviously isn’t these animals’ natural habitat. But we’re sure there will be dozens of trained animal caretakers that will join the tour to ensure the animals aren’t hurt. And it would look unbelievable! Who do you side with? PETA, or Michael?

this has been around since march of 09 and we haven't heard of it before. no one on michaels team has ever mentioned that he had planned this did they?
As far as we know, yes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

I am sure Michael will have trained elephants , panthers and birds. They will not go into the jungle and take the animals. come on.. Michael will never hurt a fly. Maybe they should go after the trainers who took those animals out of the jungle to tame them to do whatever they please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
I am sure Michael will have trained elephants , panthers and birds. They will not go into the jungle and take the animals. come on.. Michael will never hurt a fly. Maybe they should go after the trainers who took those animals out of the jungle to tame them to do whatever they please.

Absolutely. I agree. And what does (PETA) want? Though I do believe that these animals still have their animal instincs, they are tamed (as much as the wild CAN be tamed) and trained to co-exist and coincide with humans. If all the trained exotic or wild animals were released back to their habitat, being the jungle, forest, mountains, they wouldn't last a week. They would definately be in great hands with Michael. And as far as the trainers on set at the O2, Michael would have someones head if he sees someone mistreating the animals...so to speak. I guess they don't (didn't) realize that he's trying to SAVE the animals and their original habitat, NOT mistreet or kill them. Even if it's partly for show. Please, don't get me wrong everyone. This is by no means an anti-PETA comment. PETA should have been honored to have someone like Michael to have the animals' back.

Now, this is with the assumption that the animals were going to be part of the O2. I don't know. Michael wouldn't really need animals. He's aleady King of the jungle  bow/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Quote from: "alsmom380"
Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"

Absolutely. I agree. And what does (PETA) want? Though I do believe that these animals still have their animal instincs, they are tamed (as much as the wild CAN be tamed) and trained to co-exist and coincide with humans. If all the trained exotic or wild animals were released back to their habitat, being the jungle, forest, mountains, they wouldn't last a week. They would definately be in great hands with Michael. And as far as the trainers on set at the O2, Michael would have someones head if he sees someone mistreating the animals...so to speak. I guess they don't (didn't) realize that he's trying to SAVE the animals and their original habitat, NOT mistreet or kill them. Even if it's partly for show. Please, don't get me wrong everyone. This is by no means an anti-PETA comment. PETA should have been honored to have someone like Michael to have the animals' back.

Now, this is with the assumption that the animals were going to be part of the O2. I don't know. Michael wouldn't really need animals. He's aleady King of the jungle  bow/
I couldn't agree more. Has Peta never seen National Geographic docs on the survival of the fittest in the jungle--cruelty and death at its finest.  It is interesting that we haven't heard this before and I agree it would have been cool to see on stage. It reminds me of Mowgli in Jungle Book.

Watch at 3:10.
[youtube:2ay4cx0n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjPWvTIbfBI[/youtube:2ay4cx0n]
I think if animals in captivity are managed well with more space and activity, life in the wild would not be an improvement. I'm sure Peta has done much good in changing archaic heartless attitudes towards animal treatment for the better, but they should think this one through a little more. In the case of the pig ingesting propofol for court use, that's got to be a joke--there's no way that would be allowed. "MJ loves controversy."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

He’s planning on including live animals on stage for his shows, which is a big no-no to PETA!
Actually, I wasn't questioning Michael's treatment of animals. I'm convinced that Michael did treat animals very well, he loves them. I quoted this part with emphasis on tabloids because we don't know if this story is true. Did PETA make this statement or did the tabloids make this up? What was the source of PETA? Could it be that Michael wants to expose all media lies or negativity with a link to the trial pig issue and it's title "Michael Jackson Trial Might Feature Some Animal Cruelty".

I noticed controversy in the news: above article [/color][/b]
versus a quote of the below article:
Your father showed his well-known love for exotic animals by building a zoo at Neverland and through his notable affection for his chimpanzee companion, Bubbles. We praised your father for having made the responsible decision to relocate Bubbles to a true sanctuary where he could live with other primates. By turning Neverland into a sanctuary, you could both honor your father's memory and provide a safe haven for animals like Bubbles[/u]—while also educating the public about the plight of captive exotic animals
Pretty controversial statements by PETA. So, what's true and what's not?

10:21 pm - 04/13/2011
PETA asks Michael Jackson’s children to convert Neverland into sanctuary

(Above: Paris Jackson feeding one of the llamas at Neverland Valley Ranch in 2001)

Should Michael Jackson's iconic Neverland Ranch be reborn has an animal refuge and rehabilitation center?

PETA is backing the idea and has sent a letter to Prince Michael Jackson and Paris Jackson urging them to act. (They are rumored to be interested in the idea.)

“We are writing because it has come to our attention that you hope to one day turn your father’s Neverland Ranch into a community park and center for animals,” PETA representative Michelle Cho writes. “We encourage you to call for this vast refuge to be turned into a true wildlife sanctuary where animals can be properly taken care of instead of a zoo, where people are encouraged to gawk at imprisoned animals in the name of profit.”

The letter then attempts to pull at the children’s heart strings. Enter Michael and Bubbles:

Your father showed his well-known love for exotic animals by building a zoo at Neverland and through his notable affection for his chimpanzee companion, Bubbles. We praised your father for having made the responsible decision to relocate Bubbles to a true sanctuary where he could live with other primates. By turning Neverland into a sanctuary, you could both honor your father's memory and provide a safe haven for animals like Bubbles—while also educating the public about the plight of captive exotic animals.
The correspondence for compassion didn’t stop at emotional pleas but also flexed a little business savvy.

PETA advises the Jackson children to “establish an organization that would provide rescued animals of all shapes and sizes with a safe, permanent home on the ranch's more than 2,800 acres” by gaining an “understanding of everything that is involved in operating a sanctuary by familiarizing yourself with the Standards of Excellence established by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries and by visiting existing sanctuaries, such as Save the Chimps in Florida and the Performing Animal Welfare Society's wildlife sanctuaries in California.”

In related news, it recently came to light that Colony Capital, part owner of the 2,800-acre Neverland estate, is currently in the process of renovating the neglected property.

“Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness,” CEO Tom Barrack told Bloomberg TV. “The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it.”

He added that Colony is simply waiting to see what Jackson's children intend for the property before moving forward.

Read more at ONTD: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

suspicious mind

didn't something happen to a couple of girraffes at neverland. did someone come onto the property and harm them or it was in connection to the wildfire what? helllllpppp
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

:? I wonder if any of these protestors ever eat bacon or chicken.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
:? I wonder if any of these protestors ever eat bacon or chicken.

Very good one hesouttamylife, very good..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
didn't something happen to a couple of girraffes at neverland. did someone come onto the property and harm them or it was in connection to the wildfire what? helllllpppp

That was in Arizona, not Neverland. That was sad news  :(  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions