No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
@mac5k thank you for posting that little speech, it was great to read it.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Yes, thank you mac5k, nice to have those beautiful words down in writing. Beautiful heart, beautiful man. Beautiful future yet--hoax and MJ-wise. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

@mac5k thank you! totally beautiful!!!
 mj_dance/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks Mac5k!

I keep watching Behind The Mask. A real piece of art. Happy fans jumping from the screen, most things that Michael loves are present in the video: his fans from all over the world, dancing, singing, acting, animals, art, flowers, comics, jokes & L.O.V.E., did I forget something?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

RK

And here comes the controversy. Chuckie Klapow is saying on twitter that this clip that the estate chose is not as good as the original they made first for Behind The Mask.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On second thought...maybe not...He said he was on the set of the real Behind The Mask shoot. hmn. Maybe a key element in the reveal hoax movie?
Must add. I love the clip. And the song.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Gosh - I don't know whether this should go in the twitter section or right here. Just like Teddy and everyone else who says something that goes against popular opinion, Chucky is also getting attacked. I won't post those but here are a couple of interesting ones. Did anyone else know that there was going to be a different video? I must have missed that.

I cannot believe that MJ fans act like this. Unbelievable - it's so against what he is about.

ChuckyKlapow Chucky Klapow
@
@23galadriel Two or three pictures surfaced online months ago from the set of the video shoot. They're out there if you look for them.
14 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Chucky Klapow
@
@MJloverCaro I definitely agree. But I also was on the set of the real Behind The Mask shoot and it was very exciting and promising.
»
Chucky Klapow
@
@loveforalltime The original concept was shot and it was looking amazing. The fan footage was plan B. I don't know what they were thinking..
»
Chucky Klapow
This isn't what the Behind The Mask video was supposed to look like.. Did the estate pull a fast one on us or something?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I also have to say that BTM has had 145, 734 views since yesterday. That is pretty amazing, if you ask me. Hopefully it will get as many of Hold My Hand did - at 35 million in less than a week. Blessings.

Published on Jun 14, 2011 by michaeljacksonVEVO

Music video by Michael Jackson performing The Behind The Mask Project. (C) 2011 Optimum Productions
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

i love this video! thanks to mj fans. the video deserves 1000000000 views
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Quote from: "thepeacock2012"
Quote from: "thepeacock2012"
Quote from: "simalves"
[attachment=0:zb55dcog]0116.JPG[/attachment:zb55dcog]

[attachment=1:zb55dcog]0031.JPG[/attachment:zb55dcog]

[attachment=2:zb55dcog]0030.JPG[/attachment:zb55dcog]
I think that hand in the middle (looks black and white) might be mine...I have a Cape Breton ring on that finger and my hands are sooo small...I know I am in one of the flashes at 3:06 all the way to the right about the 4th one down with the turquoise shirt on!!! lol lolol/  I made that cut!! So excited!!
Nope not my hand....who ever it is has nails...I don't have nails!! oh well that me at 3:06...
I see you there! Way ta go, submitting an entry! I wonder how many didn't make it in, have they said how many entries and 1600 chosen?
this guy in the centre at 1:35[/color] (1+3+5=9)

That centre guy was who I thought looked like MJ. mj_dance/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The old man

What's even greater is how the old man appears at 1:33... 1+3+3=7!

"Mike is smooth jack" moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Quote from: "speechless777"
The old man

What's even greater is how the old man appears at 1:33... 1+3+3=7!

"Mike is smooth jack" moonwalk_/

NO coincidence ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

6:33 pm - 06/15/2011
Crowd-sourced video for Michael Jackson's 'Behind the Mask' premieres

What’s a record company to do when it’s time for a new music video but the star isn’t around to make one? That’s the dilemma Sony Music and Michael Jackson’s estate have faced with the posthumously released album “Michael.”

So for the new single “Behind the Mask,” rather than attempting to cobble together something from archival footage, the label and Jackson’s estate invited fans around the world to submit their own clips, which have been patched together into a “crowd-sourced” video premiering Tuesday on YouTube and a Facebook page that's been set up.

It’s directed by Dennis Liu, who also worked on the Grammy-nominated crowd-sourced video for Johnny Cash’s “Ain’t No Grave” two years ago built on myriad sketches, drawings and paintings of the singer created by fans.

Fans had access to a template video that was posted in March and were asked to shoot video footage of themselves executing a Jackson-like dance step, choreography routine, facial expression or other moves.

They were integrated into a 4½-minute video that incorporates more than 1,600 quick shots selected from among entries submitted from 103 countries. Most are young men and women in their teens and 20s, but there are also snippets from 2- and 3-year-old mini-MJs. Jackson’s reach appears not to be limited to one species, as there’s also a section from fans who shot their pets moving to the music.

Of course, there’s none of Jackson’s own charisma or electric physicality, which some viewers have already noted in comments posted on YouTube.

“This is not the caliber of concept that we have become accustom[ed] to as Michael Jackson fans,” Whitney Getz wrote. “I’m glad this isn’t being considered a ‘Michael Jackson’ video. Because if it were I’d be very disappointed.”

The video for "Hollywood Tonight," the previous single from the album, was a mini-movie illustrating the song's story of a young woman pursuing her dreams in Hollywood. It's since scored more than 12.5 million views on Vevo and YouTube.

“Doing posthumous video is always a tricky thing because for me, as an artist, I want to respect the artist’s vision, which is why the musician wrote the piece,” said Liu. “So initially, it’s always tricky to take that, given that Michael’s not with us anymore.”

He hears two main riffs in Jackson’s legacy.

“He was all about diversity — an international presence,” said Liu. “Everyone was an equal, and there was always this magic behind his presence…. How [could we] bring the world together for some sort of video? The inspiration was ‘Black or White,’ in showing how he helps connect the world, because we wanted to go big and do something that would knock everyone’s socks off.”

The other riff he wanted to echo was Jackson’s well-evidenced embrace of technology in making his videos, which affected how this video was made and distributed.

“Michael always tried to push the limits of technology with his videos,” said Liu. “Without a doubt, everyone knows that Michael Jackson was at the forefront of music video innovation, from Thriller to Scream.”

All in all, the broad swath of fans represented in the "Behind the Mask" video largely seem to be interested only in conveying ongoing appreciation for Jackson, many from within the confines of their bedrooms, others from the streets of their neighborhoods.

Liu calls it “the most exciting and most fun project I think I’ve ever been involved in…. [It] was incredibly moving to see so many people from all over the world join as one, their creative voices, dance and musical talents bound together by Michael Jackson’s spirit and incomparable artistry. We received submissions from the Sahara Desert to Venice Beach, from mountaintops to suburban backyards, with some shots featuring well over 100 people apiece. All who participated delivered brilliantly.”

Read more at ONTD: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How Michael Jackson’s Virtual Flash Mob Was Crowdsourced
The king of pop might be gone, but he’s not forgotten.
A massive collaborative act of music video creation by — and for — his fans has helped make sure of that. Thousands of MJ fans worldwide contributed to the posthumous Michael Jackson music video for “Behind the Mask” released Tuesday on the star’s Facebook page (watch below).
Director Dennis Liu told Evolver.fm that the video was inspired by Jackson’s own work, in particular his 1991 “Black or White” video, with its emphasis on “connecting” people — something that today’s social technologies are sometimes about, too.
The idea of having people act out moves from the video came from the crowd too, according to the director — in particular, flash mobs in which everyone from Philippine prisoners to Swedish volunteers dances to Jackson’s music.
The new video for the song “Behind the Mask” premiered on Facebook, where Jackson’s regularly updated presence has been “liked” nearly 36 million times — a large number that pales in comparison to the more than 750 million albums he is said to have sold.
This crowdsourced, professionally produced video was under tight wraps until Tuesday, but director Liu, whose other clients have included Apple and Microsoft, gave Evolver.fm a verbal preview of the virtual flash mob he made from the more than 15,000 videos submitted by fans since March.
Some clips ran 15 seconds, and others covered the song’s duration. A team of five needed two months to sift through the videos before Liu and his team arrived at the finished product, including video of 1,600 participants woven together. (The video was produced by radical.media, the same folks behind that awesome steerable Danger Mouse video.)
To participate, fans selected from a number of actions from Jackson’s website (“playing an instrument, singing a lyric, acting out a crowd reaction or demonstrating a classic MJ dance move”), then filmed themselves with a webcam or uploaded video shot elsewhere. Using a split-pane interface, they could then line up their video with Jackson’s in order to follow the directions.
“Doing posthumous video is always a tricky thing because for me, as an artist, I want to respect the artist’s vision, which is why the musician wrote the piece,” said Liu. “So initially, it’s always tricky to take that, given that Michael’s not with us anymore.”
He hears two main riffs in Jackson’s legacy.
“He was all about diversity — an international presence,” said Liu. “Everyone was an equal, and there was always this magic behind his presence…. How [could we] bring the world together for some sort of video? The inspiration was ‘Black or White,’ in showing how he helps connect the world, because we wanted to go big and do something that would knock everyone’s socks off.”
Indeed, participants came from 103 countries. The other riff he wanted to echo was Jackson’s well-evidenced embrace of technology in making his videos, which affected how this video was made and distributed.
“Michael always tried to push the limits of technology with his videos,” said Liu. “Without a doubt, everyone knows that Michael Jackson was at the forefront of music video innovation, from Thriller to Scream.”
Only a star of Jackson’s reach could convince people to contribute well-coordinated video to a project on this scale, according to the director. Several documented Thriller flash mobs back him up.
So, how did Liu’s channeling of 15,000 submissions into a single crowdsourced video turn out? In the spirit of crowdsourcing, you can decide for yourself, “like” it or not.
Either way, Jackson’s fans have something new to watch: each other.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

Notice John's curved thumb.
Is it true that Pearl Jr is going to be interviewing John Edwards the dancer on June 25, 2011?  I found this on the other hoaxdeath site.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJonmind"

Notice John's curved thumb.
Is it true that Pearl Jr is going to be interviewing John Edwards the dancer on June 25, 2011?  I found this on the other hoaxdeath site.

yes according to twitter "CONFIRMED INTERVIEW w/John Edwards (old man in MJ videos who many believe is MJ) June 25, 2011 More 2 Come & New Video Soon with new clues!"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal