AndreaTopic starter

Lady Gaga - Edge of Glory - MJ Inspired?
June 16, 2011, 11:03:09 PM
So I just finished watching Lady Gaga's new video for The Edge of Glory.  It immediately reminded me of the videos for Billie Jean and Black or White.  Billie Jean - the walking around the dark street parts, the outside staircase on the side of building, the billowing white curtain.  Black or White - the cements stairs Gaga sits on looks like where MJ and Mac Culkin did the rap scene.  Plus the fog/smoke/steam and blowing wind is reminiscent of the panther dance.  PLUS HER OUTFIT!  Buckles galore!  And those boots...like the boots MJ wore in Bad.  And her hair is black and white, LOL.  The similarities seem quite obvious to me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ[/youtube]
Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:04:32 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I saw it on So You Think You Can Dance just barely. I agree, definitely Michael-ish. I didn't like the video though because  it was pretty boring... If Michael Jackson can walk on a street for an entire video and make it cool then why couldn't she? :D
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mdc

Quote from: "happythoughts"
I saw it on So You Think You Can Dance just barely. I agree, definitely Michael-ish. I didn't like the video though because  it was pretty boring... If Michael Jackson can walk on a street for an entire video and make it cool then why couldn't she? :D

Because she's lacking something...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah, it looks like she didn't want to do this video... or she was tired or hangover... or all of the above.
Her videos are usually more interesting. This one is unfortunatly predictible. But I'm going to sleep well tonight.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Also her boots were like the ones he had in the bad video moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

gwynned

Quote from: "Andrea"
So I just finished watching Lady Gaga's new video for The Edge of Glory.  It immediately reminded me of the videos for Billie Jean and Black or White.  Billie Jean - the walking around the dark street parts, the outside staircase on the side of building, the billowing white curtain.  Black or White - the cements stairs Gaga sits on looks like where MJ and Mac Culkin did the rap scene.  Plus the fog/smoke/steam and blowing wind is reminiscent of the panther dance.  PLUS HER OUTFIT!  Buckles galore!  And those boots...like the boots MJ wore in Bad.  And her hair is black and white, LOL.  The similarities seem quite obvious to me.

[youtube:16ucg662]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ[/youtube:16ucg662]

I TOTALLY agree with you.....AND she disappears through a window into the light as in Moonwalker.  Is this a message?  Are we on the edge of glory.....just waiting for the moment of truth?  I don't know about anyone else, but I can really FEEL the energy in that song and my two kids who HATE Gaga, LOVE that song.  Sad tho, that Clarence Clemmons, the incredible sax player from the E Street Band, just died.

Someone said this song sounded very 80s and not like her other stuff.  Sounds like Springstein to me.  Maybe that's why I like it so much.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

Re: Lady Gaga - Edge of Glory - MJ Inspired?
August 02, 2011, 12:40:29 PM
I don't consider myself a fan of Lady Gaga and I'm on the fence as to whose "side" she's on but I do like a lot of her stuff and think she's an awesome singer.  I just came across this live performance of Edge of Glory and wanted to share it because whatever your opinion on her might be, her talent is undeniable and girl can sing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loes

August 06, 2011, 06:01:18 PM
Lady GaGa poses like a man.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

But on this photo at the Vogue it says TRUE BELIEVER …  afraid/
(in what context is the question???)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loes

August 07, 2011, 10:35:34 AM
Please read my post. Maybe I better had opened a new topic?
Lady Gaga A true believer!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

shamz

August 08, 2011, 08:33:09 AM
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

isn't lady gaga a member of the illuminati/freemason?
its all MJ inspired but do you dudes and dudettes really think by "Edge of Glory" she could be meaning along the lines of MJ?
I don't know....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am." - Michael Jackson

August 08, 2011, 03:08:39 PM
 :-\ I dunno about this, tbh, a lot of people are trying to incorporate all things Michael into their videos, performances, etc. Idk....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

August 08, 2011, 08:57:01 PM
I don't consider myself a fan of Lady Gaga and I'm on the fence as to whose "side" she's on but I do like a lot of her stuff and think she's an awesome singer.  I just came across this live performance of Edge of Glory and wanted to share it because whatever your opinion on her might be, her talent is undeniable and girl can sing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM[/youtube]

Totally agree. She's very talented and I love her behind the piano.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jF8gcw_mpI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0M2u-cu0so&feature=related[/youtube]

And as for which side she's on...I think her performance at the Grammys with Elton John symbolized a lot.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

August 08, 2011, 10:57:31 PM
Thanks for those videos Souza, I had not seen either of them.  I wish she would put out an album with just her and her piano, that's when she's at her best.  And I just watched the Gaga/Elton performance, I never watched the whole thing when it was on...that one part where the guy says, "her mind controlling pop music is ruining my business!!" and she's dragged away screaming then set on fire...how did I miss THAT?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

August 09, 2011, 02:49:33 AM
Thanks for those videos Souza, I had not seen either of them.  I wish she would put out an album with just her and her piano, that's when she's at her best.  And I just watched the Gaga/Elton performance, I never watched the whole thing when it was on...that one part where the guy says, "her mind controlling pop music is ruining my business!!" and she's dragged away screaming then set on fire...how did I miss THAT?

This might interest you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

August 09, 2011, 12:26:38 PM

This might interest you: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just finished reading it - wow.  I managed to spot some of the details from the Grammys myself but there's so much that I didn't.  And I didn't have a full understanding of all the symbology (is that a word?) before.  I first heard of MK Ultra and Monarch slaves about 4 or 5 years ago from a very switched-on friend who opened my eyes to a lot of things going on in the world, we had even discussed MJ before he "died"...and then extensively afterwards.  She and I agree on a lot of things but where we don't agree is that if Michael comes back (she thinks he's been murdered BTW) she believes that he will be under their control and that it won't be a good thing at all.  Which I've considered but that just doesn't make sense to me with all of Michael's anti-TPTB symbolism/lyrics/Panther dance, etc.  And I tried explaining that to her but she is CONVINCED that those under mind control can't escape it even if they try to fight it.  We've also discussed Lady Gaga and Britney Spears among others.  I'm much more inclined to agree with your blog and it does seem that Michael faking his death has given other artists the courage and conviction to fight back openly, even if only a small percentage of the population will understand it.  I think Michael is  actively involved behind the scenes, whether it's overtly or through trusted friends/family.  I think a lot of people in show business are sick and tired with how they've been treated but have been too afraid to do anything about it...but that seems to be changing, especially since June 25, 2009.

I'm also curious as to which book you were referencing in the blog? I don't recall reading the title anywhere.  I don't know if I'd read it myself as I always feel uneasy for days after seeing/reading something disturbing - I don't watch any movies relating to the devil or demons for that very reason - I think it can open a person up and leave them vulnerable to that sort of influence.  But anyways, I wouldn't mind checking the book out, I think it's important to recognize the symbols we are bombarded with on a daily basis.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions