mac5kTopic starter

Michael Jackson's Thriller jacket sells for $1.8m at auction

Texas gold trader buys black and red leather jacket worn by Jackson in 1983 Thriller video

A leather jacket worn by Michael Jackson for his Thriller video has sold for $1.8m (£1.1m) at an auction to a Texas gold trader who plans to use it to raise money for children's hospitals worldwide.

The black and red calf leather jacket with winged shoulders was one of two used for the shoot. The other one, in scuffed condition, is owned by the Jackson estate.

The jacket sold by Julien's auction house in Beverly Hills is in better condition and is signed on the sleeve by the late singer. It was designed by Deborah Landis, the wife of the Thriller director, John Landis. Jackson presented it to the vendors, Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush, his longtime costume designers.

It sold to Milton Verret of Austin, Texas, who bid in person against about a dozen others from around the world.

"It is one of the most important pieces of rock'n'roll memorabilia in history," Verret said. His collection also includes another Jackson jacket and guitars signed by members of U2.

Plans are under way to show the Thriller jacket at Dell children's hospital in Austin before sending it around the world to display during charity events. A portion of the auction proceeds will benefit an animal reserve where Jackson's two Bengal tigers reside.

Jackson, who died two years ago on Saturday, filmed the video for the title track to his blockbuster album Thriller in 1983. The 14-minute clip, in which Jackson turns into a zombie and dances with the undead, is considered one of the most influential music videos ever made.

[BBvideo 425,350:2l9k5kdv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybnNT9Zor0[/BBvideo:2l9k5kdv]

There is a Twitter account for this guy ( Milton Verret ) with one post on June 25 2009 ...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

He it's me
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ's Thriller Jacket-Sold
June 27, 2011, 07:11:18 AM
Michaels Thriller jacket sold for 1.8 million dollars. Wow! Portions going to charity....

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hmmm..Ok. Didn't know it was already posted. Sorry. Wasn't trying to take away your glory  respect/  I like the charity contribution part in this story. Love it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Quote from: "mac5k"
There is a Twitter account for this guy ( Milton Verret ) with one post on June 25 2009 ...

He it's me

He it´s me?????  afraid/

This has been my WTPhuck of the day  :shock:  :o

I followed yesterday the auction live and when the jacket was sold I got my "may be this guy is MJ in disguise" antenna and realized that the man is a real person, but the comment on June 25th in his twitter "He it´s me" makes me think about two possibles:

- the man used twitter and wrote he it´s me just to say that he is Milton
- the man used twitter and wrote that to tell "us" he is Michael

geek/  geek/ they are coming to take away, haha hehe hihi  geek/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Thank you, @GEMA

Well, well, well. What better way to "clean" his image.

According to the BBB, "Milton Verret’s legal problems are well documented" and include:

A 1984 complain by the U.S. Postal Service against Verret and others, which was agreed upon by a judge, that the crew was "engaged in a scheme to obtain money through the mail by means of materially false representations."

A 1998 federal court decision that upheld SEC accusations of Verret misleading investors about the projected revenues of the animated film “Happily Ever After.”

A 2004 allegation by a consumer protection agency that Verret’s United States Rare Coin & Bullion Reserve advertised a close associatiom with the federal government or the U.S. Mint.

A 2007 settlement with a man who said he was persuaded by "misleading and high-pressure sales tactics to purchase more than $400,000 in gold, platinum and silver coins."

That's an aweful lot of money to fork out for charities' sake if you've had alot of legal issues. Mr. Verrit must've had a very wealthy "collaborator". Unless, of course, he's incognito  :lol:
Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions