paula-cTopic starter

TMZ change the time of the "death " ?
June 27, 2011, 04:22:14 PM

Michael Jackson Dies

Originally posted Jun 25th 2009 [highlight=#ff0000:1hsolk2r]2:20 PM[/highlight:1hsolk2r]PDT by TMZ Staff

See all 90 pictures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ost_recent

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

A source inside the hospital told us there was "absolute chaos" after Jackson arrived. People who were with the singer were screaming, "You've got to save him! You've got to save him!"

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Story developing...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ac-arrest/

Michael Jackson Dies
6/25/2009 [highlight=#ff0000:1hsolk2r]6:20 PM[/highlight:1hsolk2r]PDT by TMZ Staff  

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

A source inside the hospital told us there was "absolute chaos" after Jackson arrived. People who were with the singer were screaming, "You've got to save him! You've got to save him!"

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: TMZ change the time of the "death " ?
June 27, 2011, 05:01:54 PM
I don't get this.  I thought TMZ deleted all this older stuff on Michael and the death.  I thought we checked this on another topic...
Why'd they put it back on...JUST SO THAT THEY could change the time???
It appears that way...
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:46:29 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

June 27, 2011, 06:39:42 PM
Are they doing this to get us all upset, and lose hope and faith? If they are, they have something coming. I will never lose faith nor hope Michael never died and he is alive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

June 27, 2011, 07:35:19 PM

Today @ PCWorld
Jackson's Death a Blow to the Internet
By Ian Paul, PCWorld    Jun 26, 2009 7:45 AM

Many people around the world yesterday were saddened over the news of the sudden death of pop star Michael Jackson. But the King of Pop's passing also impacted the tech world as millions of fans flocked to Twitter, Facebook, and various news sites to soak up Jackson-related information. The result was an impact on the Internet we haven't seen since the Great Google Lapse of 2009.

TMZ: S coop or Fail?

TMZ was the first news service out of the gate with news about Michael Jackson's death just after 3 p.m. Pacific Time. Initally, TMZ quoted unnamed sources about the singer's death, but did it really have the scoop?

Maybe not, says technology writer Mike Elgan on his personal blog The Raw Feed. Although Elgan can't say for sure whether TMZ had solid information, the writer notes that someone had created a phony news story using an online tool that creates fake news items. The bogus story was from a nonexistent news service called Global Associated News. Before long, tweeters were linking back to GAN's phony report, with links growing at a rate of 10 per second for half an hour, Elgan says. The funny thing is, the tweets and the fake story all happened before TMZ broke the news using anonymous sources.

So did TMZ base its initial report on the phony news story or did it base its report on legitimate sources of information? I'm guessing TMZ's story was the real thing, but Elgan's theory is an interesting take on what can happen when news sources and social media collide.

Twitter Rumors

While some tweets were linking back to the fake Michael Jackson news story, other Twitter users were having their own fun with the Twitter-based rumor mill. Lost among the Michael Jackson tweets were claims that other celebrities had also died. including Jeff Goldblum and Harrison Ford. Those stories turned out to be bogus, but many people were taken in by the hoax, at least initially.

Twitter and AIM Fail

Twitter's infamous fail whale hasn't been seen very often in recent months, but yesterday it was on full display during the Jackson fallout. Twitter co-founder Biz stone told The Los Angeles Times the microblogging site "saw an instant doubling of tweets per second the moment the story broke." Twitter hadn't seen that kind of activity since last year's U.S. presidential election. The result was a slowing of the entire service, and the fail whale made frequent, albeit brief, appearances throughout the Jackson news wave. Twitter's search capabilities were also briefly affected.

It's interesting to note that the voracious appetite for Twitter updates about recent problems in Iran has not seriously impacted Twitter. After days of tweets about election rigging and street violence there was no noticeable impact on Twitter's service, but Jackson dies and the Twitosphere comes crashing down under the weight of the singer's popularity.

AOL Instant Messenger also had problems, largely due to bad timing on AIM's part. The instant messaging service was scheduled for maintenance right around the time the Jackson news broke. Responding to PC World's inquiries about AIM's blackout, AOL put out the following statement: "At AOL our AIM instant messaging service was undergoing a previously scheduled software update which should normally prove routine. It proved not to be. There was a significant increase in traffic due to today's news and AIM was down for approximately 40 minutes this afternoon." Obviously, the news AOL referred to is Jackson's death. The company said it has "never seen anything like it in terms of scope or depth. Historically, celebrity news prompts a worldwide outpouring with several key consumer behaviors -- searching, sharing and reacting to the news followed by online tributes has become the modern way to mourn."

WWW Fail

We've been hearing doomsday predictions about the end of the Internet for some time. The basic premise is that in the next few years, the Internet's infrastructure needs a drastic overhaul before it bursts apart at the seams.

While some would like to believe otherwise, the news of Jackson's death didn't kill the Internet. However, some segments of the World Wide Web definitely experienced overloads that caused some sites to go dark or at least slow down. The load times for major news sites slowed down from four seconds to nine seconds, according to Venture Beat. Impacted sites included ABC, AOL, LA Times, CNN Money, and CBS.

The Los Angeles Times, one of the first trusted news source to verify Jackson's death, reported nearly 2.3 million page views in just one hour -- the highest traffic the newspaper has experienced in such a short time. That page view record beats any hour during the Times' highest traffic day of all time -- November 5, 2008, the day after Barack Obama was elected President.

Akamai, a tech firm that tracks Internet usage, reported that North America's most popular news sites experienced a traffic influx 20 percent above average during the height of the Jackson story.

Final Impact

While some portions of the Internet were creaking under the pressure, Wikipedia users engaged in a brief editing war over Michael Jackson's entry. Unsurprisingly, Wikipedia editors eventually locked out changes to Jackson's page until hard news sites verified Jackson's death. By this morning, Michael Jackson had taken the top four spots on the iTunes 100 top albums sold.

It's interesting to note that despite the constant tweets and TMZ's early pronouncement, a lot of people were reluctant to believe Jackson was gone until a more credible news source -- so-called old media -- verified the entertainer's death. So Jackson's death didn't bring down the Internet, and it reminds us that new media like Twitter, Facebook, and The Huffington Post can only enhance our news experience, but these online resources are no substitute for traditional, hard-nosed reporting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

June 28, 2011, 08:54:48 AM
I hope they're all preparing us for the best not for the worst....
Jermaine, TS, now TMZ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

June 28, 2011, 09:52:34 AM
How could they be preparing us? 
Perhaps, TS is teaching us to see through the story that the defense is going to present at the trial and still remain firm in our belief.
Perhaps Jermaine is still keeping to his role.  But, better that before, not giving clues out <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
Perhaps TMZ is still getting info from camp Michael or maybe they are just out for readers still, as we know the topics on Michael generate the most comments, esp. the most vicious, as that brings all of us out!!
I think we are not getting prepared for something bad, how could that be...IF he's already dead, they'd only be able to make us accept that.  We are probably being taught to recoginze lies more media slants in the upcoming trial.
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:36:34 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

June 28, 2011, 10:39:21 AM
K, y'all lost me... hasn't it been 6 minutes early since the beginning? What changed? TMZ reported the "death" early since the beginning... that has been one of the weird things since day 1, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

June 28, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
Quote from: "bec"
K, y'all lost me... hasn't it been 6 minutes early since the beginning? What changed? TMZ reported the "death" early since the beginning... that has been one of the weird things since day 1, right?

They've changed timing from this
Michael Jackson Dies
Originally posted Jun 25th 2009 2:20 PMPDT by TMZ Staff

to this

Michael Jackson Dies
6/25/2009 6:20 PMPDT by TMZ Staff

But when exactly they've changed it?  suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"What one wishes is to be touched by truth and to be able to interpret that truth so that one may use what one is feeling and experiencing, be it despair or joy, in a way that will add meaning to one\'s life and will hopefully touch others as well.
This is art in its highest form. Those moments of enlightenment are what i continue to live for." -Michael Jackson

bec

June 28, 2011, 11:45:06 AM
Oh thanks Kristina.

Strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Grace

June 28, 2011, 12:07:50 PM
Hahaha, Harvey can change whatever he wants. Trapped anyway.

The media cannot lean back on "I don't care about my yesterday's blubbering, today's news is the right news and yesterday is forgotten".
The media have produced evidence since two years.
Evidence that has been reported here and that has been stored on thousands of desktops around the globe.
It would take more than one nuclear bomb to destroy the evidence that TMZ has published on all PCs of the world.
The evidence that everybody else produced since June 25, 2009 has meticulously been stored and documented, too.

If it was only for that purpose to gather evidence and witnesses around the world - Michael, we are here.
We have seen what we have seen, we have read what we have read, and no, we are not lunatics or crazy, and yes we can trust our eyes, ears and brains - the proofs are stored.

TMZ DID report the death at 2:20 p.m. PDT.
This is a 3:13 p.m. PDT (6:13 p.m. EDT) article citing the article by TMZ.

If TMZ changes the report time to 6:20 PDT this may mean the following:
1) Harvey has changed his mind after two years and does not want to be in the first place anymore.

2) TMZ has changed servers and is now being hosted in New Foundland.

3) Michael did literally "die" in a time zone that is stretching from Greenland over New Foundland over Dominican Republic and other islands, Venezuela, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay (we had that hint before) and Chile.

4) Somebody is impatient and wants to turn the clock further (or somebody messed up with TMZ and has access to their servers).

5) This is pointing one more time towards: "It is all about TIME (timing?) in this journey."

6) We might have to review our timeline discussed so far to find out about MORE details to further establish MORE proof and check what we missed (see our old threads).

7) NO matter what happens, "hold my hand".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

June 28, 2011, 12:36:09 PM
Quote from: "paula-c"

Michael Jackson Dies
Originally posted Jun 25th 2009 [highlight=#ff0000:n2r3u6rj]2:20 PM[/highlight:n2r3u6rj]PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson Dies
6/25/2009 [highlight=#ff0000:n2r3u6rj]6:20 PM[/highlight:n2r3u6rj]PDT by TMZ Staff  

Hmmm...a 4 hour difference.  Wish there was a way to know exactly when (let alone why) they changed it?  I can't shake the feeling this may have something to do with "Back" and perhaps a formula of some sort...given that numbers have changed.  Especially interesting to note is JustDucky and Sarah's latest findings about Back's posts that also involve a 4 hour difference.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

Grace

June 28, 2011, 12:39:05 PM
Addendum:
TMZ changed reporting the death to 6:20 p.m. PDT.
Hours of articles do have sometimes a meaning at TMZ.

So let's see:
What happend on June 20?
Mme. Tussauds, Hollywood, 2011

HIStory album was released on June 20, 1995,
Album Track listings:

DISC ONE:
1. Billie Jean
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Black Or White
4. Rock With You
5. She's Out Of My Life
6. Bad
7. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
8. Man In The Mirror
9. Thriller
10. Beat It
11. The Girl Is Mine
12. Remember The Time
13. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
14. Wanna Be Startin' Somthin'
15. Heal The World

DISC TWO
1. Scream (Duet with Janet Jackson)
2. They Don't Care About Us
3. Stranger In Moscow
4. This Time Around
5. Earth Song
6. D.S
7. Money
8. Come Together
9. You Are Not Alone
10. Childhood
11. Tabloid Junkie
12. 2 Bad
13. HIStory
14. Little Susie
15. Smile

Song # 11 of disk 2 (2011):
Tabloid Junkie.

"Tabloid Junkie"

Speculate to break the one you hate
Circulate the lie you confiscate
Assassinate and mutilate
As the hounding media in hysteria
Who's the next for you to resurrect
JFK exposed the CIA
Truth be told the grassy knoll
As the blackmail story in all your glory

It's slander
You say it's not a sword
But with your pen you torture men
You'd crucify the Lord
And you don't have to read it, read it
And you don't have to eat it, eat it
To buy it is to feed it, feed it
So why do we keep foolin' ourselves

Just because you read it in a magazine
Or see it on the TV screen
Don't make it factual

Though everybody wants to read all about it
Don't make it factual, actual
They say he's homosexual

In the hood
Frame him if you could
Shoot to kill
To blame him if you will
If he dies sympathize
Such false witnesses
Damn self righteousness
In the black
Stab me in the back
In the face
To lie and shame the race
Heroine and Marilyn
As the headline stories of
All your glory

It's slander
With the words you use
You're a parasite in black and white
Do anything for news
And you don't go and buy it, buy it
And they won't glorify it, 'fy it
To read it sanctifies it, 'fies it
Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves
Don't make it factual
Everybody wants to read all about it
Don't make it factual
See, but everybody wants to believe all about it

Don't make it factual
See, but everybody wants to believe all about it
She's blonde and she's bisexual

Scandal
With the words you use
You're a parasite in black and white
Do anything for news
And you don't go and buy it, buy it
And they won't glorify it, 'fy it
To read it sanctifies it, 'fies it
Why do we keep foolin' ourselves
Slander
You say it's not a sin
But with your pen you torture men
Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves

Don't make it factual
Though everybody wants to read all about it
Don't make it factual
See, but everybody wants to read all about it

Don't make it factual
Don't make it factual
You're so damn disrespectable

Preparation of a "He's not dead it was just reported, no fact" message to the world?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002

Time to BE.

Grace

June 28, 2011, 12:44:39 PM
They changed it in the other article to 5:30 p.m. PDT .
New York time LOL.

This is still at 6:20 p.m. PDT.

This gives some history of when the site was crawled (not when it was updated).
On Nov 23, 2010 they took this snapshot of 2:20 p.m. PDT:

On June 26,2009 the snapshot was from 5:20 p.m. PDT.

So who's messing now?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Time to BE.

paula-cTopic starter

June 28, 2011, 07:06:29 PM
TMZ do things to draw the attention of the hoax forums
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions