PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Michael Jackson's mother Katherine goes on the offensive over Lingerie Football League offer to granddaughter Paris

Katherine Jackson is furious after the Lingerie Football League  approached her granddaughter Paris to be a spokesman for the company's fledgling youth programme.

The organisation, which sees women play in their underwear, approached Michael Jackson's 13-year-old daughter Paris, which sent her guardian, grandmother Katherine into a rage.

A family insider told RadarOnline: 'Katherine views this as a disgusting attack on a minor.

'A teenage spokeswoman for a lingerie league? That's just creepy and downright offensive.

'There is a hell storm inside the family at the moment.'

Katherine is the matriarch of the Jackson clan, and is the custodian of Jackson's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket.

The offer followed news Paris became the first girl in her exclusive private Los Angeles school's history to get the call-up for the flag football team, a light football practised in schools.

In the letter, he wrote: '(The person signing up for the position) will be introducing youth clinics across the country to introduce the game of football to young ladies at an earlier stage in life.

'We would like to invite Paris to become the spokesperson for the LFL's youth programme and perhaps start training for a future football career in the LFL when she reaches the age of 18.'

The Lingerie Football League is a women's seven-on-seven tackle American football league created in 2009.

The concept originated from the Super Bowl halftime alternative television special called the Lingerie Bowl.

Storm in a D-cup: While it is wildly popular many disapprove of the Lingerie Football League and this move could further tarnish its image

It draws millions of viewers as a pay-per-view event broadcast annually directly opposite the Super Bowl halftime show.

It has become a staple of Super Bowl Sunday festivities for millions worldwide and is broadcast in over 85 countries.

On the league's website they actually mention Paris by name when detailing their hopes to make 'tackle football' available to young ladies around the country.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

/bravo/ /bravo/ There you go, I was waiting for Katherine to retaliate.. This is my type of woman.. Go Katherine.. I would have done the same thing. She is too young for this kind of trash.. She has all her life ahead of her when she is an adult to make up her mind. I find that was disgusting of them to approach Paris. Believe me I know how many young teenagers I have to deal with, because they go molested.. This shouldn't happen to young girls... blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Is this *bleep* for real? >:(

Women actually play in a lingerie league? .....I thought it was a joke. ::)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I really hope the media doesn't get ahold of Paris and her brothers. I really hope that she stays a good young lady and keeps it respectful ....not ending up like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie...among other celebs who have flipped their lid. I hope she keeps it respectful and doesn't make her dad look bad. From what I see already, she's a very nice young lady who has high expectations and goals for herself. I hope she keeps it that way and stands out from the rest.She has good family surrounding her and her brothers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I turned 6 yrs old when MJ released the Smooth Criminal single. The 24th will be a very special b-day this yr....:) I'll be 29. Subtract 9-2 and what do you get???? lol Lucky #'s . Last yr in my 20's....

Dontwalkaway

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Don't let go, I don't wanna walk away
I think they just want to bring attention to this for some reason.  It may be a clue about something else or they just want people to talk about it and maybe question it.     I don't think anyone really approached Paris in real life, but I don't know for sure.       
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers"

Chorus from the song "Cry",  Invincible Album

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I really hope the media doesn't get ahold of Paris and her brothers. I really hope that she stays a good young lady and keeps it respectful ....not ending up like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie...among other celebs who have flipped their lid. I hope she keeps it respectful and doesn't make her dad look bad. From what I see already, she's a very nice young lady who has high expectations and goals for herself. I hope she keeps it that way and stands out from the rest.She has good family surrounding her and her brothers.

AMEN!

I am so tired of these girls turn into Hollywood Cheese Puffs.  Doing sex tapes, drugs, having naked pictures on their cell phones, drinking, partying, shaving their heads and getting into all kinds of trouble (I won't mention any names, but I'm sure you can think of some names for each example easily!). Are they that hard up for attention? :roll:

It's just saddening....because there is so much potential, they are already starting out ahead of the game...better education, financial security, social connections, etc....it doesn't start out any easier and they wash it right down the drain with a bunch of crazy mess....IT'S NOT CUTE![/[/color]

I pray...these three kids don't get pulled into all that because it would just be heartbreaking. As Janet sang in one of her songs "It's nice to laugh, but don't be the joke".

The creators behind this lingerie league are disgusting in my opinion, and for even considering a 13 year olds involvement they should be shut down! What's next the WNBA will start playing in thongs and high heels?

It's hard enough for women to be taken serious in sports...this just sets it back another 100 years!  :x

Mitch Mortaza-->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<--Me

---------------------
Critical reaction

The league has met with significant criticism. Critics say the league degrades female athletes through "pernicious objectification". Potential players have responded more positively, with one quoted as saying "I just appreciate playing football, I don’t care what they put me in." and another favoring the limited clothing, saying "It’s more comfortable this way." Other players are quoted as viewing the uniforms as a necessary evil, with one saying "Maybe one day, girls won't have to wear lingerie to get people interested [in women's football]."  LFL players with experience in track and field competitions have noted that the typical LFL uniform is not that much more revealing than typical track uniforms. The league has been accused of fining players for wearing too many clothes, and for not paying medical bills for injured players. League founder Mortaza has admitted that the league is marketed toward "mostly beer-drinking college students aged 21 and up."
Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:13:51 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
 :-X ...okay my rant is over.

On a calmer note, I don't think they actually approached Paris. I think they are capitalizing on the media attention of her playing football for her school.

::)  Stay on your toes Mrs. Jackson....stay on your toes!

Always snakes in the lawn, got to keep the grass cut.
Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:23:51 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
I think they just want to bring attention to this for some reason.  It may be a clue about something else or they just want people to talk about it and maybe question it.     I don't think anyone really approached Paris in real life, but I don't know for sure.       
;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

AMEN!

I am so tired of these girls turn into Hollywood Cheese Puffs.  Doing sex tapes, drugs, having naked pictures on their cell phones, drinking, partying, shaving their heads and getting into all kinds of trouble (I won't mention any names, but I'm sure you can think of some names for each example easily!). Are they that hard up for attention? :roll:

It's just saddening....because there is so much potential, they are already starting out ahead of the game...better education, financial security, social connections, etc....it doesn't start out any easier and they wash it right down the drain with a bunch of crazy mess....IT'S NOT CUTE![/[/color]

I pray...these three kids don't get pulled into all that because it would just be heartbreaking. As Janet sang in one of her songs "It's nice to laugh, but don't be the joke".

The creators behind this lingerie league are disgusting in my opinion, and for even considering a 13 year olds involvement they should be shut down! What's next the WNBA will start playing in thongs and high heels?

It's hard enough for women to be taken serious in sports...this just sets it back another 100 years!  :x

Mitch Mortaza-->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<--Me

---------------------
Critical reaction

The league has met with significant criticism. Critics say the league degrades female athletes through "pernicious objectification". Potential players have responded more positively, with one quoted as saying "I just appreciate playing football, I don’t care what they put me in." and another favoring the limited clothing, saying "It’s more comfortable this way." Other players are quoted as viewing the uniforms as a necessary evil, with one saying "Maybe one day, girls won't have to wear lingerie to get people interested [in women's football]."  LFL players with experience in track and field competitions have noted that the typical LFL uniform is not that much more revealing than typical track uniforms. The league has been accused of fining players for wearing too many clothes, and for not paying medical bills for injured players. League founder Mortaza has admitted that the league is marketed toward "mostly beer-drinking college students aged 21 and up."

I totally agree with you . Some may disagree w/me on this but even seeing pics w/her and Chris Brown had me thinking,I hope she wouldn't get involved w/someone like him. She may have a lil crush on him or like his music and such, but I honestly AT THIS MOMENT don't really favor what types of vibes he gives. After the whole rhianna thing, he ends up taking naked pictures of himself among other things. I know MJ is all about forgiveness, and I see this w/some of the tributes that breezie tends to do more so, but I just hope...well actually KNOW that MJ has been an amazing fatherly figure and man in her life for her to know what types of dudes are RESPECTABLE. Chris Brown may change...it's never too late for ANYONE by all means....I just hope these aren't the types of guys she looks up to...future wise. :) She's only thirteen so she has plenty of time and a lot of guidance from her fam. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I turned 6 yrs old when MJ released the Smooth Criminal single. The 24th will be a very special b-day this yr....:) I'll be 29. Subtract 9-2 and what do you get???? lol Lucky #'s . Last yr in my 20's....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal